Author Topic: TAR25: Lisa Thomson & Michelle Thomson "Miami Realtors"  (Read 11542 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR25: Lisa Thomson & Michelle Thomson "Miami Realtors"
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »
Lisa Thomson & Michelle Thomson

#MiamiRealtors

Name: Lisa Thomson
Hometown: Miami Beach, Fla.
Connection to your teammate: Sister
Current occupation: Real Estate Agent
Describe what you do: I sell Real Estate in Miami along with my sister. We work 24/7 and sell a high volume of homes in Miami and have to deal with all different cultures and personalities.
3 words to describe you: Competitive, loud/outspoken and funny.
Favorite hobbies: Working out, diving and running.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? In the last 6-7 years I have been able to create one of the top 10 real estate teams in Florida. Last year we sold more homes than any other agent in South Florida (and there are 24,000 agents in Miami).
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Barbie (the Real Estate version).
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Blake Lively.
What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers and getting sick.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing the world! I have been trapped in a Miami office selling everyone else the dream. I want to see all the different cultures, places and learn new things.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: It could bring us closer together and get us away from the office as we are always working. This experience would allow us the opportunity to separate work from our personal lives and concentrate on our bond together.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She is extremely stubborn.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Africa. I want to go on a safari and also swim with great white sharks. I think Africa is very different from Miami and it would be a great place to explore and see wildlife and the different cultures.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? My sister and I work so hard and have spent the last seven years building this incredible business that we are very successful at, but it has left us with little personal life and I would like to take time to travel and spend quality time together. I recently got married and before I start to have a family, I would like to have this one last challenge with my sister.

Name: Michelle Thomson
Hometown: Miami, Fla.
Connection to your teammate: Sister
Current occupation: Miami Realtor
Describe what you do: I sell the lifestyle of Miami. I work 24/7 with my sister. We are the #1 selling team in South East Florida for units sold. We work with all types of clients in all price ranges.
3 words to describe you: Energetic, competitive and positive.
Favorite hobbies: Working out, diving and fishing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I worked hard to have my Real Estate license starting at 18. I am proud of how much I have accomplished in my career so far.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson from “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.”
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Barbie
What scares you most about traveling? I'm picky with what I eat so having to eat weird things.
What excites you most about traveling? Everything! I love new experiences.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Decision making. We both think we can do everything.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Lisa talks SO LOUDLY and most of the time it is hard to get a word in...We just end up talking over each other.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia. I would love to go great white shark diving.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Ah! I hope to gain memories with my sister. We work so hard it will be nice to have the time to travel with her. She recently got married and I am not sure how many more “sister trips” we can get away with.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:55:16 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR25: Lisa Thomson & Michelle Thomson "Miami Realtors/Sisters"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
VIDEO!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kMaznbAXeCY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kMaznbAXeCY</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR25: Lisa Thomson & Michelle Thomson "Miami Realtors/Sisters"
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR25: Lisa Thomson & Michelle Thomson "Miami Realtors"
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »
Love them!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »
wonder which one is single

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 06:59:34 AM »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Lisa & Michelle... :meh

After dealing with Caroline & Jennifer coasting by last season and in TAR22, I'm kind of worn out from the blond teams for now. I do want to wish the realtors great luck on the race though. I just wish the sisters didn't say they compare themselves to a Barbie doll as their famous person.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 10:03:10 AM »
Always a blond team. They seem smarter than most blond teams, but I still think they've got a tough competition.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »
Miami sisters compete on ‘The Amazing Race’

If you’ve watched The Amazing Race, you’re familiar with the grueling physical and mental challenges its contestants face. Those challenges are precisely what attracted Miami real-estate sisters Lisa and Michelle Thomson to audition for the Emmy Award-winning reality show.

“We literally live and breathe real estate, so that’s kind of why we wanted to do this, to get outside of our box,” said older sister Lisa, 29. “It was definitely something that, you think you’re ready for it, but you’re never ready for it.”

Fans of the series, which returns at 8 p.m. Friday on CBS, are definitely ready for the 24th competition. The premise is simple: Eleven teams of two, each with a preexisting relationship, compete in a race around the world for a $1 million grand prize. Think of the show as a sort of scavenger-hunt version of Survivor.

The Thomson sisters figured they were naturals for the show, and they were right — they were chosen from thousands of wannabes who auditioned.

“We drive around showing property all day, meeting with different types of people, and living in Miami. You know we’re dealing with different types of cultures. So we just kind of figured we’d be good at it,” says Lisa. “And you have a one-in-11 chance of winning a million bucks, so that always helps.”

Of course, the sisters are forbidden to reveal in what place they finished, but they’re clearly exhilarated by the experience.

“It was nice to spend a month not working and just being sisters out of our comfort zone,” says Michelle, 22. “This was the first break that we’ve ever had longer than two days.”

One requirement of participating in the show was especially difficult for the girls, considering that their profession is so dependent on constant contact with clients: Contestants aren’t allowed to let anyone know what they’re doing.

“You couldn’t tell anyone you were leaving to do a reality show,” Lisa says. “We had to sign a bunch of papers, and it was very confidential. So we just disappeared for a month. And we didn’t have a phone or Internet, so we have no idea what’s going on.”

They also went into the show completely blind in terms of their competition.

“We didn’t get to meet any other cast members until we showed up at the start line,” says Michelle. “We were looking for some weak links, but there were definitely no weak links this season.”

Still, the experience was priceless, regardless of whether the sisters won or not.

“I would do it again,” says Lisa. “I say I wouldn’t, but it’s really the opportunity of a lifetime, so I would do it again. I just wish we could have our cellphones. But it really teaches you to appreciate your life.”

Michelle agrees — sort of: “It would have to be a while before I would do it again. It’s really exhausting.”

Michael Hamersly

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/celebrities/article2205352.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »
At least they're blonde sisters <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »
CBS Elim Interview:     
Posted on Sep 29, 2014 10:45am
          Miami Realtors Lisa and Michelle were the first team eliminated from the Race this season. They answer your questions about why they took the penalty and if they have any regrets.

Brenda H: Why did you feel the fireman did wrong by pushing you out of the taxi when you started it by taking the pen out of their hands?
Lisa: I think we were playing a game. We would have pushed them out of a cab too. They had to do what they had to do to win and we completely understand.

Reymond R: Why did you choose to take the four hour penalty?
Lisa and Michelle: Because we ran out of daylight. At that point we couldn't see anything because there were no lights on the island.

Jamie E: Looking back, do you regret agreeing to the penalty?
Lisa: I do. I regret it. Obviously, we lost so we are going to regret it. It was just hard because there was no light so I don't know how we would have found the treasure. Maybe we could have waited for daylight to come up. I'm not sure.
Michelle: I don't really have any regrets we just kind of got bad luck. It really boils down to the first cab you get in and how good they are. That determines your flight and how far ahead you are. Sometimes it really boils down to luck of the draw and we just needed a little more luck on our side.

David J: Watching the show, how did it make you feel to know that you were so close to the treasure box?
 Lisa: Obviously, very frustrating. I dug and dug and dug to the point where my hands were bleeding and a couldn't use the shovel. I knew we were close but I just wish we would have found it.

Jon M: Had you ever used a compass prior to this episode?
Lisa: I have never used a compass. No.

Elena M: What would you do differently?
Lisa: Find the treasure.
Michelle: There is really nothing we could have done differently. I thought we were very strong. We just got in a bad cab at the end of the day.

Mary-Ellen H: Who do you think are the strongest teams this season?
Michelle: I think the cyclist are a very strong team.
Lisa: I guess I'd have to go with the cyclists as well.

Samantha S: What was your favorite part of The Amazing Race so far?
 Lisa: Probably the sea plane in St. Thomas. It was gorgeous. I had never been in a sea plane before and we were there for about 5 minutes so we really got to take everything in. It was a really nice relaxing time before all the chaos began.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1003220/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
      ‘Amazing Race’s’ Lisa and Michelle: ‘We Lost Over a Cab Ride’by Gordon Holmes | September 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM | 'The Amazing Race' (CBS)
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander…
You reap what you sow…
Turnabout is fair play…
However you word it, Boston firefighters Michael and Scott didn’t feel bad about not letting Lisa and Michelle into their cab after the Miami realtors swiped a pen out of their hands.
I spoke with Lisa and Michelle after their elimination and had a chance to ask them about marker possession, shovel substitutes, and taxi affection interruption etiquette…
Gordon Holmes: Alright, tell me about the marker incident. My understanding is that people were trying to sign up for a flight and there was some confusion as to who had legal possession of the marker.
Lisa Thomson: It was the firefighters who claimed that we took the marker from them. Michelle and I were at the board too, so Mike grabbed the pen and then I grabbed the pen out of his hand because we were there first, which means that we should have been on the next plane. And we didn’t want to be on the last plane because we thought that was the pit stop. So, at that point we’d do anything to not be on the last plane.
Gordon: So you confess to pen theft.
Lisa: We took the pen from them, but we were there first.
Gordon: How long were you guys out there for the digging challenge?
Lisa: Probably about four hours. It was a long time. It felt like ten hours. We were out there digging and digging. If you’ve ever used a shovel, it’s extremely difficult. My hands, I couldn’t even feel them. They were raw. They were bleeding. And unfortunately we still didn’t get the treasure.
Gordon: Keith was doing it too. He’s this muscular giant and he was having a hard time.
Michelle Thomson: Lisa can hold her own with the boys, let me tell you. She dug as hard as them.
Lisa: I was out there with Keith who is super tall.
Michelle: He’s a Survivor!
Lisa: I held my own. I wasn’t the one who wanted to give up. I wasn’t the one who wanted the penalty. I would have stayed out there for a week.
Gordon: He’s used to starving on a beach for a month and here he is wiped out.
Lisa: (Laughs) Poor Keith. I love Keith and Whitney, they’re great people.
Gordon: When you watched the episode and they showed where the chest actually was…that had to be heartbreaking.
Lisa: It was because of all the effort we put into trying to find it. We would have done anything.
Gordon: I’d rather not know where it was.
Lisa: (Laughs) At some point we wondered if it even existed. We were getting the same spot over and over.
Michelle: There was only like a foot-length distance every time it was measured. You had to measure it with the shovel and it was complicated to drag that heavy shovel.
Gordon: I was wondering if there was some way you could have used a shoelace or something lighter.
Lisa: We did.
Michelle: Lisa actually broke a branch, because it was lighter than the shovel. She used that for a while, but it ended up taking her to the same spot.
Gordon: Keith and Whitney made the call to forfeit the challenge. Walk me through what all goes into making that decision.
Lisa: Well, I was still digging and I think Whitney and Michelle spoke. Is that correct?
Michelle: Yeah, I couldn’t help Lisa, so I wanted to see how the other teams were doing. I saw that Scott and Keith were struggling. So, it got to the point where we’re watching them dig to China. And Whitney saw that Keith was really drained, so they decided to take the penalty. And they said the firefighters were going to take the penalty too. At that point, we knew if we didn’t find the chest before the penalty was up, that we’d be the last team. So, we had nothing to lose.
Gordon: So, it all came down to the cabs.
Michelle: It was a 3-2-1-go kind of thing. Keith is a freaking…he’s a little runner. He was the first one. Then it was Lisa, then it was me, Whitney…and Scott was last. We fought over the one taxi and we lost. And at that point the other cabs had taken off and we were waiting for our cab driver to turn on his cab.
Gordon: He wouldn’t turn on his cab?
Lisa: Yeah, cause there were only two real cabs and the other was like some weird cab on the side. Our driver…I don’t even know what planet he was on. (Laughs) We knew when it took him five minutes to get in the car that we’d lost our shot.
Michelle: It was like the cab driver and his girlfriend. I don’t think they were even there to drive a cab. They were annoyed with the fact that we were in their cab to begin with.
Lisa: (Laughs) Yeah, I think they were hooking up when we jumped in. They weren’t excited at all.
Gordon: Alright, let’s try some word association. We’ll start with Misty and Jim.
Lisa: Teeth, sparkle teeth. (Laughs)
Gordon: Tim and Te Jay?
Michelle: They’re fun. They’re high energy.
Gordon: Brooke and Robbie?
Michelle: They’re a riot. They’re goofy.
Lisa: They’re fun to watch.
Gordon: Adam and Bethany:
Lisa: They’re invincible.
Gordon: Amy and Maya.
Michelle: Smart. Geniuses. Nobody got to see Amy with the compass. She was quick with it.
Gordon: Shelly and Nici?
Michelle: They’re high energy.
Lisa: Very argumentative. (Laughs)
Michelle: We get along with them.
Gordon: Michael and Scott?
Michelle: Boston strong.
Lisa: They’re great guys.
Michelle: They’re clowns.
Gordon: You’re first out, and that sucks…
Lisa: What are you talking about, it’s great. (Laughs)
Gordon: That’s the right attitude.
Lisa: No, it does suck.
Michelle: We would have rather lost over something other than a cab. That was frustrating.
Lisa: Like if we had lost because we couldn’t find the treasure, that’d be OK. That’s why it was so hard to swallow.
Gordon: I literally had this conversation on Friday where I said my worst “Amazing Race” fear would be losing because of something out of my control like a bad cab or a delayed flight.
Michelle: You know why we look like sore losers? Because Lisa and I really prepared a lot for the race. I didn’t want to work out as much as I did, but I thought it’d pay off. And we lost over a cab ride. And we have so much more to prove. It was really hard to take in.
Lisa: We weren’t sore losers, we were just disappointed that we couldn’t finish. We’re just disappointed in ourselves.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2014/09/29/amazing-races-lisa-and-michelle-we-lost-over-a-cab-ride/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 05:32:52 PM »
They seemed so competitive :( They literally make me wish there was a race for 11th-placers :lol: I didn't even like them on the episode, but after some thinking, they really would have brought some great entertainment/drama/everything.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 03:49:31 AM »
They didn't lose by a cab ride for the record. They lost by failing to complete a Roadblock and subsequently quitting for a penalty, before losing their steam and failing yet again to steal a cab, and then accusing the firefighters for playing dirty.

I'm sorry girls, I'm so glad you two went home and am glad that there will be any chance that we will see you two race again! :)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 04:42:12 AM »
I don't think they accused Michael & Scott of playing dirty, just that the firefighters were ruthless, and they sould have been more like that since that's what they are in their business......
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 06:20:36 AM »
But the firefighters were in the cab already... How's that ruthless.. lol

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 08:27:03 AM »
I wish they stayed for a lot longer so they could give me more bitchiness to the show. I've got some Jaime & Cara vibes from them.