Author Topic: BB 12 Press and Media **May contain Spoiler Info**  (Read 7004 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
BB 12 Press and Media **May contain Spoiler Info**
« on: June 30, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
Any news, press, articles can go here!  :waves:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:01:47 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: BB 12 Press and Media **May contain Spoiler Info**
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
All About the Cast of Big Brother

The last season of Big Brother divided the house into cliques that would make the toughest high school student cringe. After crowning a winner — Jordan Lloyd — who was one-part chest bump, three parts Jeff Schroeder and a healthy dose of “aw shucks,” this season of BB introduces “the saboteur” when it premieres July 8 on CBS. In a series first, thirteen house guests walk in with one determined to wreak havoc on people who are either “peers” or “pawns.” Here’s a look at six standouts going into the “den of Chen” for season 12:

BRENDON VILLEGAS: A high school swim coach from Riverside, Calif., Villegas, 30, will soon pursue a Ph.D. in biomedical physics. Though he describes himself as “very much a nerd,” he’s really a combination of brains, brawn and brown-eyed good looks. “My goal is to not intimidate the guys and to be flirty with the girls,” says Villegas, who may be up for a showmance. “The girl that is down-to-earth and sweet is going to be the biggest challenge for me.”

RACHEL REILLY: A graduate student in chemistry and VIP cocktail waitress from Las Vegas, Reilly, 26, has a secret weapon — or two. “Most people look at me and think that I’m just a hot girl with big boobs,” she says. “I can manipulate men and the bikinis that I brought are not even the size of my palm. They’re super tiny! I’m going to hustle them with my Vegas-cocktail personality.”

KATHY HILLIS: A deputy sheriff-sergeant from Texarkana, Ark., Hillis, 40, is the only contestant who has (legally) ordered someone to “cough and drop.” But this single mom, who has survived cancer, has a simpler motto: “Never give up, never give in and never use the word defeat,” she says. “When my grandma was terminally ill, we would watch BB together and … I promised her that I would [try out for the show] when we both got better. And though I got better, she didn’t [so] I’m going win it for Grandma!”

ENZO PALUMBO: An insurance adjuster from Bayonne, N.J., Palumbo, 32, is happy to wear a stereotype on his sleeve and “shore” up that Jersey “situation.” His message to fans: “When I get into that house, competition is going to be served like my mother’s baked ziti,” he says. “That is how I am going to be playing this game.”

ANNIE WHITTINGTON: A bartender from Tampa, Fla., Whittington, 27, says she may keep her bisexuality a secret. “There may be some more close-minded people in the house and I don’t want to be judged,” she says. “There are so many more facets to my character … I don’t think who I sleep with should be that important to anybody.”

MATT HOFFMAN: A Web designer from Elgin, Ill., Hoffman, 32, is quick to list his strengths — “My tattoos, coming into BB, are my greatest asset,” he says, “along with being a genius.” — as well as a weakness. “One of my worst character traits is the fact that I can be really condescending,” he reveals. “It’s something that I’ve tried to work on but everyone aggravates me.”

And the rest of the cast…

Kristen Bitting, 24: “I am a quiet storm,” says the boutique manager from Philadelphia. I don’t think there is anyone on reality TV quite like me.”

Hayden Moss, 24: “Athletically, I’m pretty gifted, so the physical competitions are going to be in the bag,” says the college student from Tempe, Ariz. “Also, I’m smarter than I look.”

Britney Haynes, 22: “I’ll pretend to be nice and always a bit elusive,” says the hotel sales manager from Huntington, Ariz. “People want what they can’t have and I’ll give them just enough.”

Andrew Gordon, 39: “Live for today because tomorrow will be yesterday soon,” says the podiatrist from Miami Beach. “Say anything, do anything, just don’t let them know and trust no one.”

Ragan Fox, 34: “I party as hard as I work, and I grew up gay in Texas,” says the college professor from West Hollywood, Calif. “If you want to get crazy with me — and I opt to go crazy — then you’re in trouble.”

Monet Stunson, 24: “I come off as really sweet and innocent,” says the model from Glen Carbon, Ill. “People won’t expect that I would lie to their face and stab them in the back to win.”

Lane Elenburg, 24: “I’m a big guy, so I know that I have to find a smart guy,” says the oil rig salesman from Decatur, Texas. “I have to find a ‘brain’ for the ‘meat head.’

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/06/30/big-brother-12-cast/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »
Summer of Sabotage

courtesy of CBS

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
Behind the Scenes

courtesy of CBS

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:37:51 PM »
Ratings are off to a good start:

From CBS Press Release:
    A BIG-GER BROTHER PREMIERE: "BIG BROTHER" POSTS ACROSS-THE-BOARD GAINS VERSUS LAST SUMMER'S PREMIERE

"Big Brother" Places First in Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 

CBS Wins Thursday in Viewers and Key Demos

The premiere of the 12th edition of BIG BROTHER posted gains in viewers and key demographics compared to last summer's premiere, leading CBS to a nightly win in all key ratings categories, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for Thursday, July 8.

BIG BROTHER (P) (4.4/08, 7.35m) was first in adults 18-49 (2.5/09) and adults 18-34 (2.2/08), finishing second in both viewers (7.35m) and adults 25-54 (2.9/09, -0.1 behind ABC).  Compared to BIG BROTHER 11, Thursday's premiere (on the same night last year), CBS was up +4% in adults 25-54 (from 2.8/09), +9% in adults 18-49 (from 2.3/08), +22% in adults 18-34 (from 1.8/07) and added +750,000 viewers (from 6.60m, +11%).

BIG BROTHER notched its best premiere in viewers since "Big Brother 8" (July 5, 2007), best in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 ratings since "Big Brother 9" (February 12, 2008) and best adults 18-34 delivery since "Big Brother 7" (July 6, 2006).

For the night, CBS was first in households (4.9/09), viewers (7.53m), adults 25-54 (2.4/07) and adults 18-49 (1.8/06).
                                                                             *  *  *

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 11:14:41 AM »
From the 7/23 issue of Entertainment Weekly on page 35....

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:39:24 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 07:58:40 AM »
'Big Brother' scoop! Producers reveal upcoming twist ... and a surprise visitor
by Lynette Rice

Annie the saboteur, we barely knew ye! Fortunately, she may not be the only backstabber in the Big Brother house this summer. EW talked exclusively to Executive Producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan about the short-lived twist and what they hope to spring on the houseguests in the coming weeks, including a visit from a former player. So SPOILER ALERT! Don’t click to the next page if you don’t want to learn what happens in tonight’s episode and over the next few weeks.

EW: After Annie was booted, why didn’t you let the house continue to believe that the saboteur was still there?

Allison Grodner The saboteur may not be dead after all! You’ll find out more tonight (July 29). Make sure you watch! We loved this twist. We were hoping it would go longer. But we don’t rig this show. People accuse us of rigging this show, people accuse us of trying to manipulate things. We don’t! We picked someone who was playing her own game, who was a huge fan, who had everything going for her. It wasn’t the saboteur (twist) that got her out, it was her own silly game play – which she did not have to overdo. We would have loved for it to go longer, but it didn’t. And the summer goes on! We ran this risk on every twist we’ve played…

Rich Meehan Twin twist, America’s Player…

Grodner Everything had this same risk associated with it. It is what it is with the game. It gave us a jolt, it was fun. But it’s not over yet!

Was it a Big Brother record, seeing the overt affection begin so quickly between Rachel and Brendon?

Grodner He already professed his love and they’re already planning their wedding date! Tonight he actually says `I love you.’  Bren-chel is in it for the long haul.

Meehan In (Wednesday’s show) he named them `Bren-chel.’

Grodner I swear, I think we may get a Big Brother wedding out of this, not to mention that Jeff and Jordan are still together. Wouldn’t that be great? And Jeff will be back too. Jeff might be spending the night in the house in a couple of weeks so look out for that! I can’t say that Brendon and Rachel are the same as Jeff and Jordan; they are kind of the anti-Jeff and Jordan, but they are truly madly, deeply…there was a scene that we’ll figure out how to get in that played over the internet, where he starts to talk about how he’s going to introduce her to the family. He’s starting to worry about how his mom is not going to like her. At which point, she’s like, `What?’ It starts friction.

Can you tell Rachel that she doesn’t need to yell in the diary room?

Grodner We’ve heard that. We will now. Rachel and Hayden are the yellers. It’s like, `give us some energy,’ and they get loud. We will tone them down.

Is there way that you can make the slop kosher for Andrew?

Grodner Slop is that unique mixture that we get that has the protein and the vitamins, so it’s not just oatmeal. This week, because they have the baby food, there is kosher baby food and kosher oatmeal, so he’s eating big bowls of that. It was a challenge. We’ve never had someone with these kinds of restrictions in the house. And the fact that he’s even made it this long is amazng, considering he’s kind of socially awkward.

What do you think of the house so far?

Grodner It’s always different. Last year, it was a split, angry house. This year, it’s nice because these people, even when they get mad at each other, are fine again pretty fast.

Meehan Even when you don’t like them, you don’t despise them and don’t want to change the channel.

What happened to that tease from the saboteur that two houseguests have a lifelong relationship? Will you explain that?

Grodner Eventually. But it’s been fun because that’s something that the houseguests are trying to figure out.

Why are you sequestering all the houseguests this year?

Grodner We’ve done that in seasons past because of the expect the unexpected. That might happen. It’s become a safety net for us. If it plays into something, it plays into something. It may or may not.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/29/big-brother-scoop-producers-tease-upcoming-twist-and-a-surprise-visitor/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ripvanwinkle

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Dare to be remarkable!
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
'Big Brother' finale preview: The Zingbot picks a winner!

by Dalton Ross
Categories: Big Brother, EW Exclusive Video, EW.com Video, Reality TV, Television
So many things to look forward to on Wednesday’s two-hour Big Brother finale, like a final challenge, a bitter jury, and, of course, the incessant repeating of the word “Brigade” ad nauseam. Oh yeah, and a new winner! Will it be hairtastic snowboarder Hayden, weightlifting-loving Lane, or useless challenge competitor Enzo? We went to the ultimate Big Brother expert to get answers: THE ZINGBOT 3000! In this exclusive interview direct from the Diary Room, we asked the Zingbot for his (her? its?) thoughts on the final three as well as some insight into the Brenchel romance and dual Saboteurs. So for all you folks obsessed with one of the most ridiculous things to ever appear in the Big Brother house, this interview is for you. Just click on the video player below to unleash the madness. And for more (non-Zingbot related) reality ramblings, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/14/big-brother-finale-preview-zingbot-picks-a-winner/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:30:49 AM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!