Author Topic: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!  (Read 120159 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!
« Reply #325 on: January 06, 2011, 10:40:49 PM »
From Allan Wu's FB

I just found out that plans for The Amazing Race China Rush 2 are well underway. And here's something you might all be interested in...
This Second Season will be OPEN to essentially anyone who resides on this planet we know as Earth! (However, I think you will still need to be a certain age to apply. Sorry.)
More details to come so w...atch out for it! :-)

ohhhh!! Okay, all you Canadians get ready!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2011, 03:09:52 AM »
All I know is that 9 teams in CR1 was casted by their applying video except Kenyas(production found them when production filmed another TV show at Kenya)...so I think it's much easier to be choosen in CR than TAR american vision.
I thnik they may want to choose teams who not know Chinese so that will make more drama...but if you want to win,you had better know a little Chinese(you can understand this after you watch the last clue in CR1  :lol:)

PS:I'm sorry maybe I can't do much things about CR2 because I had to prepare a important exam this year...I will try my best but can't be like last season.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:12:55 AM by weihen »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2011, 06:31:45 AM »
Spmehpw I still think they will only want teams with a strong China connection.... makes it more interesting.

We don't have a date yet dp we? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a gap of a year or so....but now we know to look out for them! :hearts:

Real life always comes first....but hope the timing will let you play too!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »
I had a lot of fun watching TAR:CR. After the 1st episode, I pretty much figured out that the expats living in China would do better than the teams from outside if China. They just didnt have as much of a language barrier as the "foreign" teams. I was suprised that Rick and Josh managed to finish in the top 3. Their relaxed demeanor overcame their lack of language skills in getting from one task to the next and their physical ability got them through tasks much faster than the other teams it seemed.

As Neobie has already said, I liked ALL the teams. Since I have lived a lot of my life as an expat in various places, I especially enjoyed watching people that have taken the challenge of leaving the comfortable confines of native lands to seek life's experiences by living and working in another culture and economy.
Matthew 7:15

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
Found this:

Need professionals for The Amazing Race China Rush Season 2

SMG INTERNATIONAL CHANNEL SHANGHAI (ICS) is currently looking for Bi-Lingual professionals to join in The Amazing Race: China Rush 2, please send your resume and cover letter to chinarush@ics.smg.cn and chad.g88@gmail.com.Thanks.

1. Director's Assistant:Seeking full time assistant to the director.Must be bi-lingual, have initiative, excellent communications skills and a "can-do" attitude.
Starts from Mid-Jan to Mid-Aug 2011.

2. Associate Producer: Must be a bi-lingual (Mandarin/English) and well versed in all aspects of production management, budgeting, and negotiating with vendors in China.
Starts from Feb to Jul 2011.

3. Story Producer / Writer:An experienced Casting/Story Producer to work with director during pre-production to cast contestants for the Amazing Race: China Rush 2 to be produced in 2011. Successful applicant will also be responsible for interviewing contestants during production and working with story editors to develop episode and series story arcs. Must have strong field experience and be skillful dealing with Reality TV participants.
Starts from Feb to Jul 2011.

4. Senior Game Producer:An experienced, creative, energetic Senior Game Producer to lead a team in developing and implementing contestant challenges for the upcoming Amazing Race: China Rush 2 TV Series in 2011. Responsibilities include developing concept/design of games, overseeing game design team, and planning logistics for games locations.
Starts from Mid Feb to Mid Jun 2011.

5. Game Producer 1 & Game Producer 2:To develop and implement contestant challenges for the upcoming Amazing Race: China Rush 2 TV Series in 2011. Responsibilities include developing concept/design of games with other members of game design team, planning logistics, props, wardrobe & extras for games and producing the games on-location. Bi-Lingual in English & Mandarin preferred.
Starts from Mid Feb to Mid Jun 2011.

6. Production Designer: Bi-lingual local Shanghai professional preferred, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing the props, wardrobe for the challenges and games.
Starts from Mid Mar to Mid Jun 2011.

7. Extreme Sports Leader:Need an experienced extreme sports guide and team leader for the upcoming Amazing Race: China Rush 2 TV Series in 2011. Successful applicant will be bi-lingual, safety minded and have several years experience guiding groups through extreme and adventure sports locations such as abseiling, rappelling, rock climbing, white water rafting, mountain biking, bungee jumping and zip lining.Starts from Mid February to June 2011.

8. Line Producer:Seeking a professional, bi-lingual energetic, organized production manager to be in
charge of logistics for cast and crew and equipment during month-long location shooting around China in 2011 for International Channel of Shanghai's Competition Reality TV series.
Starts from Mid Apr to Mid Jun 2011.

9. Travel Producer:Need a professional Travel Producer to manage transport, lodging and meals for large cast and crew for a 1 month reality TV show production in 2011 around China. Bi-lingual Mandarin/English is a must.
Starts from Late Apr to Mid Jun 2011.

*Please do not reply to this job post. Thanks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2011, 10:36:13 PM »
Now that is way cool! Thanks!

and whoohoo! Starts from Late Apr to Mid Jun 2011.

ohhhh Neobie!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: May 05, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
Since weihen advocated self-driving for season 2, I wanted to know how difficult it would be for teams not from mainland China to drive there.

I don't remember the US TAR ever allowing teams to drive working cars in India or mainland China.

After watching the show Ice Road Truckers: Deadliest Roads, where professional truckers from North America drive in India, I totally understand why TPTB wouldn't allow teams to drive in India; the likelihood of getting into an accident and then getting lynched is way too high. 

How is it in mainland China?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: May 05, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »

How is it in mainland China?

US TAR never allowed teams drivng in China because that IDP didn't work at China mainland...if you want to drive in China,you must go to China and pass a exam to get Chinese drive driver license ,it will take long time.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »
Thanks for the information.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule: