Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392986 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #800 on: June 06, 2019, 11:26:56 PM »
One of the greatest mystery in The Amazing Race, who pull the iron gate down and hit Jon in Leg 6 TAR S06?
Freddy, not Jon.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #801 on: June 06, 2019, 11:31:19 PM »
Maybe I'm going crazy, but in a previous season, did a team get penalized for not having all their clues when they checked in? Was this because they lost one? or because they just skipped one?

On TAR US, there is no penalty for losing clues. Teams must physically pick up and read each clue in order to check in. Tara & Wil lost one of their clues in the final leg and received no penalty. On TAR Vietnam, there is a penalty for losing clues.
Right, but i swear i have a memory of a US TAR team getting penalized for losing (or at the very least missing) a clue.
Freddy & Kendra in Norway iirc

Anyhoo, I was reading up on Rachel (:torche) and I read that there was an off screen airport fight or some sort of secret scene in TAR20 Leg 3 (Paraguay  :2hearts:) What was that about?? Does anyone have any link  of that?
This one?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3-lMdrkH96Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3-lMdrkH96Q</a>

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #802 on: June 06, 2019, 11:33:47 PM »
One of the greatest mystery in The Amazing Race, who pull the iron gate down and hit Jon in Leg 6 TAR S06?
Freddy, not Jon.

Oh it was Freddy?
who did it? or remain a mystery?
Swarm stupidity

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #803 on: June 26, 2019, 01:24:23 PM »
TAR 19 was a pretty mentally challenging season I feel like. With hidden "clueboxes" and cryptic clues, I'm amazed these teams managed.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #804 on: July 01, 2019, 05:15:50 PM »
In retrospect TAR 23 had a lot of memorable Roadblocks, mainly because teams were always neck-and-neck in completing them. For instance:

Leg 2: Shoe-shining in Chile
Leg 5: Polish pastry apartments
Leg 6: Vienna Boy's Choir
Leg 9: the infamous angklung/octave task in Indonesia
Leg 10: hard-boiled eggs in Indonesia :lol:
Leg 11: the epic robot building task in Japan

I think based on this, I like the Detour > Roadblock > Pit Stop sequence best (obviously with some Route Info's/extra tasks thrown in there).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #805 on: July 01, 2019, 09:59:24 PM »
Freddy, not Jon.

Oh it was Freddy?
Wasn't Freddy the one who completely exploded at the rest of the teams at the rail museum? :groan:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #806 on: July 03, 2019, 06:20:13 AM »
Freddy, not Jon.

Oh it was Freddy?
Wasn't Freddy the one who completely exploded at the rest of the teams at the rail museum? :groan:
Yea Freddy got hit. It wasn't really anybody's fault. it looked like it went up hit it's max height and came back down hard. Two people (maybe Gus i can't remember) put their hands up so it kinda looked like it was pulled down but i don't think it was.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #807 on: July 11, 2019, 02:21:49 PM »
So I’m rewatching Season 5. In leg 9, Chip and Kim take a taxi to the airport instead of driving but don’t get penalized. How come?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #808 on: July 13, 2019, 03:58:05 PM »
After the motorbike tasks on TARC and TARV this week (and also remembering the finale of TARPH1), has TARUS ever had a task involving a motorbike of any sort? Other than TAR31's Road Block of course. Like more on an actual track or out on regular roads, not in a parking lot as well. I feel like TARUS would be afraid to do such tasks?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #809 on: July 13, 2019, 04:31:06 PM »
Does TAR 18's Liechtenstein count? ???

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #810 on: July 13, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »
TAR 23 Leg 10 had teams ride a motorbike to the mountains. It was a Roadblock, though.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #811 on: July 13, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »
Oh! Just looked back and TAR18 was more of a moped, I guess. Certainly not as much power as a motorcycle and the teams stayed in the bike lanes on well-paved roads the entire time.
And in TAR23, I checked and saw the teams didn't drive themselves, but were driven by a local. (Like TARA5, Leg 2 with the Grab bikes)

I guess they're a little different from the dirtbikes/motocross bikes on a course on TARC and TARPH1.  And somehow different from the motorcycles(?) that they always ride on TAR Vietnam? Certainly a little bit more risk with the types of bikes used on TARC, TARPH, TARV (other franchise too?) than what's been use on TARUS?

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #812 on: November 11, 2019, 03:24:35 AM »
Freddy, not Jon.

Oh it was Freddy?
Yea Freddy got hit. It wasn't really anybody's fault. it looked like it went up hit it's max height and came back down hard. Two people (maybe Gus i can't remember) put their hands up so it kinda looked like it was pulled down but i don't think it was.

So nobody pull it down? this mystery dont have a good ending
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #813 on: November 11, 2019, 03:35:11 AM »
Freddy, not Jon.

Oh it was Freddy?

So nobody pull it down? this mystery dont have a good ending

Who cares? It's not the end of the world. Let's find another one.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #814 on: November 11, 2019, 03:36:54 AM »
After the motorbike tasks on TARC and TARV this week (and also remembering the finale of TARPH1), has TARUS ever had a task involving a motorbike of any sort? Other than TAR31's Road Block of course. Like more on an actual track or out on regular roads, not in a parking lot as well. I feel like TARUS would be afraid to do such tasks?

Too risky, not everybody good at motorbike
but i do wanna see rachel do task on motorbike at mountainside like they did in italy (S25)
Swarm stupidity

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #815 on: November 11, 2019, 03:41:50 AM »
Who cares? It's not the end of the world. Let's find another one.

I'll look for some more, now i kinda TAR hangover after TARC
u got something?
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #816 on: November 11, 2019, 05:27:16 AM »

but i do wanna see rachel do task on motorbike at mountainside like they did in italy (S25)

TAR 23 had teams ride a motorbike to the mountains to cook some eggs.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #817 on: November 11, 2019, 05:56:58 AM »

I mean drive it on thier own, like on S31 in Vietnam

We do NOT wish harm to our racers. People!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:34:07 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #818 on: November 12, 2019, 07:02:09 AM »

But they didn't drive it themselves though. They were taken on the bike by a local.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #819 on: November 12, 2019, 08:17:16 AM »

But they didn't drive it themselves though. They were taken on the bike by a local.

Yeah, I know already.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:42:14 AM by Lemontail »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #820 on: November 12, 2019, 08:18:52 AM »
BE NICE PLEASE. :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #821 on: November 13, 2019, 08:11:52 PM »
TAR US missed the chance to visit Cuba in last years Obama's term when US-Cuba relations improved

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #822 on: November 14, 2019, 01:41:35 AM »
They tumble from motorbike on TAR CAN, but no harm done
just little tumble....
little tumble..
tumble down..
but people we do not wish harm to our racers!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:23:14 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #823 on: December 24, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »
After years of watching the Big Bang Theory I only just realised that Zack is Brian from Brian & Greg of S7. I don't know how i ever missed that.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #824 on: December 25, 2019, 07:41:16 PM »
After years of watching the Big Bang Theory I only just realised that Zack is Brian from Brian & Greg of S7. I don't know how i ever missed that.

Yeah, thats why Zack such a dimwit, he got brain damage from that car crash in Africa

Assuming this is just a joke, please don't forget to separate the character from the actor.