Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 393119 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »
In Season 21, Episode 4, Abbie is very clearly giving Ryan verbal instructions during the Roadblock... it's rather jarring to watch considering they've given penalties for this in Season 27 and 30. Anyone care to rewatch? Did I misinterpret that part?

Are you referring to when Ryan is carrying the seats and Abbie says "You need to move them to the refurbishing area"?

It can be a bit of a fine line, but if you think about it there is always definitely a line that's been crossed. Non-participants in the past have always shouted out encouragement and suggestions to their partners, along the lines of "Maybe not so hard this time". Additionally, there have been many instances of the non-participant reading verbatim off of the clue because their partner doesn't have access to it or has their hands full. If it's just something written in the clue that they could have read anyway, there's no foul. Abbie was simply reiterating to Ryan what was written on the clue.

Denise was not reading from the clue. She specifically noticed that one (and only one) of James Earl's meat skewers was set up incorrectly and drew his attention specifically to that one. The clue did not say "Make sure the meat is set up such and such", it only said to match the given example. So, Denise was going beyond what was written in the clue for her help. Similarly, Cedric specifically pointed out the I's and O's during the Iceland Roadblock. The clue didn't mention anything about vowels, so Cedric was pointing him directly in the direction of what he had done wrong. Cedric later interviewed that he hadn't even noticed the vowels were incorrect and was just spouting advice, and that Shawn hadn't even heard him, but that was still a step too far when it comes to what sort of advice he was giving.

It's why Becca specifically mentioned that she "couldn't say anything" when Floyd dropped baskets during his Roadblock. Even saying "Make sure you have all of your baskets with you" might be construed as taking that one step too far over the line.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #726 on: January 14, 2019, 09:37:45 PM »
I just recently watched TAR10 (which I really enjoyed!) but there were times where the non-participants helping out the person doing the Roadblock, like telling them how to do the task (and a little bit helping them too), more than just words of encouragement. Some examples were helping team members count money in the flower selling Roadblock in Vietnam, helping tell people where the puzzle pieces go in the Kuwait, telling where things are to break the limestone in Finland, and telling teammates how to make the meat in Morocco. I have not seen many early seasons, but were the rules less strict about helping out your partner in early seasons?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #727 on: January 15, 2019, 01:01:49 AM »
I think it's also because James Earl's Roadblock and Shawn's Roadblock were PUZZLES. Denise and Cedric's help as akin to giving them the answer on a test. Ryan's and the TAR10 Limestone Roadblock were more about physical exertion and finesse. Making the meat is a bit iffy, I don't really remember that one, and I don't think producers cared about teams counting money in Vietnam because...teams count money all the time. It's a part of normal racing. It was still up to the participant to make the sale to the locals. It was testing their charisma.

As for the Kuwait one? I get the feeling they might not have intended the puzzle to be a part of the Roadblock. The RBK was more about climbing up the tower, and the puzzle was just something afterwards. That one's a bit of a weird case, I'll give you that.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #728 on: January 20, 2019, 03:19:30 AM »
Unless the swimming task in Mauritius for a ship may be counted as the Roadblock, or sans only team member could do the task. I have not watched any TAR reruns since TAR 30's end last February.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #729 on: March 17, 2019, 04:28:45 AM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:34:13 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #730 on: March 19, 2019, 02:01:58 AM »
TAR 22 leg could Pam & Winnie allow to change donkey crews when they're completing detour task? if they changed the donkey, they would be survived and Max & katie booted, and the asian american girls had a chance to F3

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #731 on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:51 PM »
TAR 22 leg could Pam & Winnie allow to change donkey crews when they're completing detour task? if they changed the donkey, they would be survived and Max & katie booted, and the asian american girls had a chance to F3
We would've had a F6 with 3 F/F teams. The only time that's happened is TAR 5. And assuming Pam & Winnie don't struggle as much as Chuck & Wynona did the following leg... then we may have had a F5 with 3 F/F teams. They might've run into trouble during the self-drive/U-Turn legs though.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #732 on: March 19, 2019, 05:51:33 PM »
If they can convince the Newlyweds to backstab the Hockey Brothers at the second W-Turn a la the Twinnies with Chippendale/Texas versus the Divorcees, then neither TARCAN4 nor TARA5 would be setting the records for longest lasting all-female trios.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #733 on: March 19, 2019, 10:07:52 PM »
If they can convince the Newlyweds to backstab the Hockey Brothers at the second W-Turn a la the Twinnies with Chippendale/Texas versus the Divorcees, then neither TARCAN4 nor TARA5 would be setting the records for longest lasting all-female trios.

If Pam & Winnie survived, Maxie would be gone in Botswana  :groan:
Then Chuck & Wyonna done in Swiss
F5 = Pam & Winnie, Hockey Bros, Mona & Beth, Youtubes, Caroline & Jennifer

Pam & Winnie will probably get on the first flight as Maxie does
So Youtube would be out in Scotland
Leaving us with a F4 with 3 female teams!  :cheer: (Though Hockey Bros must get into the final 3, so one of the FFs must be gone in leg 11  :'()

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #734 on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »
Seeing as the Country Singers would be unwilling to go against their race boyfriends, P/W would need to share the earlier flight information with Roller Derby and YouTube in exchange for M/B U-Turning them after the Orange girls put up B/A on the board.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #735 on: March 19, 2019, 10:32:12 PM »
Weren't Pam & Winnie in the alliance against Roller Derby and YouTube?

Although unlike Max & Katie, I think they would've been smart enough to not carry Bates & Anthony into the F3.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:45 AM »
Seeing as the Country Singers would be unwilling to go against their race boyfriends, P/W would need to share the earlier flight information with Roller Derby and YouTube in exchange for M/B U-Turning them after the Orange girls put up B/A on the board.
In this case Carol & Jen ended in Scotland, then Youtube in Northern Ireland, F3 with Hockey bros, Roller Moms and Asian girls

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2019, 03:25:04 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:14:40 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2019, 06:24:42 AM »
In this case Carol & Jen ended in Scotland, then Youtube in Northern Ireland, F3 with Hockey bros, Roller Moms and Asian girls

No: Bates/Anthony in Edinburgh (Ryan/Abbie style), Caroline/Jennifer or Joey/Meghan in Belfast, then the survivor with the other two F/Fs in DC

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »
Pam & Winnie always seem to remain as the BIGGEST what-if in the history of the Race...

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2019, 07:04:38 AM »
Highly doubt if Mona & Beth can beat the hockey bros to the u-turn considering their failure at roadblock and a speed bump, even if Pam & Winnie share the info of earlier flight with them

I tend to believe YouTube will go in Scotland anyway given their poor performance at the leg overall. So it is almost certain that we would not have our all FF final 3 this season (Hockey must be able to survive leg 11 given the navigation issue of CaroJen and poor detour performance of Mona & Beth)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: March 21, 2019, 07:25:45 AM »
Not if one of P/W works together with Mona and Meghan at the bagpipes to ensure that all three finish the RB close together, which will reduce the time lost from the Skittles SB and navigation such that the U-Turned Hockey Brothers are effectively unable to overtake Roller Derby.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #742 on: March 21, 2019, 07:29:22 AM »

Although unlike Max & Katie, I think they would've been smart enough to not carry Bates & Anthony into the F3.

Precisely, the girls would be the Jaymes/James to the brothers' Ryan/Abbie and the moms' Trey/Lexi.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #743 on: March 21, 2019, 08:06:55 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:14:09 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #744 on: March 21, 2019, 08:19:43 AM »
It's the most overrated season between Unfinished Business and False-Stars because picturesque scenery can't disguise crappy strategy.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #745 on: March 21, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:13:52 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #746 on: March 21, 2019, 08:53:48 AM »
Pft, it was the worst of the three North American seasons to air that year.

Canada 1 was the best overall (tasks, winner, even destinations in lieu of Family Edition and Australia 2) and Marie alone made 23 funnier.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #747 on: March 21, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:13:19 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #748 on: March 21, 2019, 10:02:41 AM »
Pinky/No-Brain, Baseball Bunnies, and Oil Riggers are my top three.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2019, 07:22:36 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:13:35 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity