Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392892 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #500 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:46 AM »
Yes. Because it would have been impossible for Luke to do the Roadblock in Wales, for this season only they said that no-one could do more than six Roadblocks before the 11th leg, instead of before the 12th leg. That way, Luke wouldn't have been stuck with the pronunciation task.

Oh and how on earth was he going to do the final two roadblocks either. If I remember correctly, in Season 14, he couldn't do the second roadblock because of need to understand "visual cues" from the instructors.

What? Nothing would have stopped him from doing the last two Roadblocks...?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »
Yes. Because it would have been impossible for Luke to do the Roadblock in Wales, for this season only they said that no-one could do more than six Roadblocks before the 11th leg, instead of before the 12th leg. That way, Luke wouldn't have been stuck with the pronunciation task.

Oh and how on earth was he going to do the final two roadblocks either. If I remember correctly, in Season 14, he couldn't do the second roadblock because of need to understand "visual cues" from the instructors.

What? Nothing would have stopped him from doing the last two Roadblocks...?

My bad it was the second roadblock. The second roadblock was a tandem jump, and if I remember correctly, there was a similar challenge in Season 14 (the second roadblock, tandem hang-gliding) which he couldn't do because he was deaf and he needed to hear the safety clues from the instructor.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2017, 04:40:28 PM »
I think there's a difference between hang-gliding and skydiving. When you're tandem skydiving, there's not a lot you have to do, but you gotta run and jump and be careful when tandem hang-gliding.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #503 on: February 26, 2017, 05:57:20 AM »
Oh boy...

Now I'm watching Season 26 again, and I was just so strongly reminded that the first Detour (Tokyo) is the second-most unbalanced Detour of all time. It is ridiculous how unbalanced that one was.

Learn, memorize and perform a complex, not to mention unusual, dance routine? Or attempt to memorize the names of some drinks and only have to successfully recall one?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: February 26, 2017, 08:13:55 AM »
I hope it's 'second most' because the most imbalanced is two legs later?  :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #505 on: February 26, 2017, 08:19:47 AM »
I hope it's 'second most' because the most imbalanced is two legs later?  :funny:

Oh God... And if I recall, there wasn't even a RB after to kinda balance it out.  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #506 on: February 26, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »
The most lopsided detour was Leg 1 of the Amazing Race 1.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #507 on: February 26, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »

Close. The most unbalanced Detour was Leg 2 of The Amazing Race 1.
Travel like 10 minutes to a nature reserve, filled with very plentiful wildlife of all sorts, receive a list of five animals and photograph just three of them.
...or...
Drive ACROSS THE BORDER to Botswana, spending goodness knows how long in customs, then driving further to reach a rather expansive nature reserve that isn't nearly as plentiful as the above one, and find an elephant...then drive ALL the way back, BACK across the border, through customs AGAIN.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »

Close. The most unbalanced Detour was Leg 2 of The Amazing Race 1.
Travel like 10 minutes to a nature reserve, filled with very plentiful wildlife of all sorts, receive a list of five animals and photograph just three of them.
...or...
Drive ACROSS THE BORDER to Botswana, spending goodness knows how long in customs, then driving further to reach a rather expansive nature reserve that isn't nearly as plentiful as the above one, and find an elephant...then drive ALL the way back, BACK across the border, through customs AGAIN.

I meant that detour  :knock:, I think I just mixed the legs up aha.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #509 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:07 AM »
Hi everyone!

I am on a mission to watch every Amazing Race season possible (or at least, what I can find!) I am NOT going to watch them in order. At the moment, I have just finished watching Episode 1 of Season 21

At the end of every season, I will put down my thoughts on that season!

I hope you enjoy!

(BTW, this is just going to be like Hysha's 'series' but this will be on The Amazing Race)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #510 on: February 27, 2017, 07:25:50 AM »
Hi everyone!

I am on a mission to watch every Amazing Race season possible (or at least, what I can find!) I am NOT going to watch them in order. At the moment, I have just finished watching Episode 1 of Season 21

At the end of every season, I will put down my thoughts on that season!

I hope you enjoy!

(BTW, this is just going to be like Hysha's 'series' but this will be on The Amazing Race)

Looking forward to this BourkieBoy, but good luck with S21 - I always found the first few Legs a tough watch.  :zz:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #511 on: March 02, 2017, 01:54:07 AM »
Oh dear lord...

I'd forgotten how much I cannot stand Hayley...

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2017, 01:56:21 AM »
Hayley <3333333333333
Blair <333333333333333

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #513 on: March 02, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
Hayley is the best casting choice to come out of the past ~6 seasons <333

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #514 on: March 02, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
The whole 'Captain Obvious' scene made me cringe.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #515 on: March 02, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
Yes, that was extremely cringy and funny, just like the entire story arc of Hayley, which is why she was so awesome to watch! :lol:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #516 on: March 03, 2017, 01:03:43 AM »
Sorry, I guess I'll stop stoking potential fires. As you've seen, I'm slowly working through seasons for Wiki work, and just...

Hayley is one of the reasons TAR26 is my least favourite of all time.

Also, I suppose I'm the kind of person who thinks something can't be both cringy and funny at the same time, but that's just me.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #517 on: March 03, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
Yes, that was extremely cringy and funny, just like the entire story arc of Hayley, which is why she was so awesome to watch! :lol:
Hayley is the reason why I love TAR26 :bunny
She constantly bashing Blair is hilarous to watch

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2017, 01:21:19 AM »
I just LOVED Hayley!!!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2017, 03:29:05 AM »
LOL, I guess I'll just put my 'dislike Hayley' on the shelf next to my 'like Dave & Connor' and be proud of being different? XD

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2017, 04:14:13 AM »
LOL, I guess I'll just put my 'dislike Hayley' on the shelf next to my 'like Dave & Connor' and be proud of being different? XD

It's ok. I liked Dave and Connor to

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #521 on: March 07, 2017, 01:48:22 AM »
I think I need a gif of Matt in his ladyboy outfit when he smiled at the camera...

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #522 on: March 22, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »
Ironically, when some said that the premiere of s28 was the one of the best premiere, it was only scored 5.8 on imdb...

While the finale 24 was scored 8 on imdb...

what might have been

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #523 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
The Double Roadblock for Tanner & Josh at leg 9 TAR 27 wasn't a speedbump, but was a handicap which was used in TAR Norway as a penalty for last team in NEL legs

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »
Ironically, when some said that the premiere of s28 was the one of the best premiere, it was only scored 5.8 on imdb...

While the finale 24 was scored 8 on imdb...

I always refer to IMDB when looking at episode ratings for TV shows, but I NEVER use it for TAR, coz the scoring for TAR is just all over the place  :groan: