Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 394937 times)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2015, 05:05:45 AM »
I've just watched the penultimate leg of TAR19 this afternoon. (Because I was bored and had nothing to do so I randomly click on the episode of TAR in my folder for the sake of it :lol:) And... along with the satisfied elimination, it's really great leg design?

- Tintin ARI, a bit pointless but OK. At least we gotta see this side of the Detour that no teams performed it last leg.
- Travel by Panama Boat in the middle of the night and Tattoo ARI. (Cryptic Clue #1) <3
- Height RB, not really relevance with Panama. But OK.
- Then we have rooster clue. (Cryptic Clue #2) (Bonus point for Sandy making rooster voice <3)
- The Detour is really good! Both not only relevance but also challenging. Between Detail Oriented Shoe Making VS Navigating + Carrying Seafood around the market. <333
- Then the Panama Viejo Dance. <33333333 Best Cryptic Clue EVER. (Cryptic Clue #3) Not only it tricked 3 out of 4 teams, but I really like the concept that anything can be viewed as a Pit Stop. <3

So hell yeah, that was really amazing. It's basically neck-and-neck challenge (Except the Tile-rope RB which I think if there was 2 stations, it would be better.) with so many cryptic clues after another. Then add some chaotic traffic of Panama and the Taxi Alliance. <3 Thank god Jeremy & Sandy's boat got stuck in the sand dune and they got 2nd at the village or else I think Andy & Tommy will take their taxi and might change the outcome of this leg. :res:

I think I enjoyed 19 a lot more during rewatch. So hopefully I will rewatch the entire season soon. Also, Jeremy & Sandy really SHINE a lot upon rewatching. <33 (I think they are a bit bland during first watch.)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2015, 05:19:54 AM »
Jeremy/Sandy were just plain invisible for almost the entire race and only started being shown towards the end, so yeah... :/ I think they're quite similar to Kelsey/Joey, only the latter won and thus got lots of screentime.

Wadsy591

« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »
Thought I'd post my updated Rankings (Best to Worst) with Season 27 included.. This is purely my personal opinion.

BEST:

1. Season 3
2. Season 6
3. Season 5
4. Season 18: Unfinished Business

TERRIFIC:

5. Season 22
6. Season 7
7. Season 21
8. Season 12

GREAT:

9. Season 25
10. Season 20
11. Season 26

GOOD:

12. Season 17
13. Season 4
14. Season 19
15. Season 1
16. Season 23
17. Season 2

DECENT

18. Season 14
19. Season 8: Family Edition

DISAPPOINTING

20. Season 15
21. Season 11: All-Stars
22. Season 9

BAD

23. Season 10
24. Season 13

BOTTOM OF THE BARREL

25. Season 27
26. Season 24: All-Stars
27. Season 16

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2016, 03:45:19 AM »
Rewatched China Rush 1 very recently on YT and it still holds up really well <3

It's also worth noting that it could very easily work as a TAR US season if they all had 12 legs in China (and all the teams being Americans with other cultures sprinkled in with no Chinese people :lol: <3) so I'm definitely gonna recommend it to anyone and everyone watching this! ;D

Too bad about China Rush 2 vanishing almost entirely though, one of my favourite International seasons ever :torche

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »
It's not their fault they got more famous on the other Reality Show? :lol:

Natalie was also on the Survivor one.

And Brendon & Rachel are expecting to have their child pretty soon so they definitely did not get called.
I honestly had no clue Jackie was on BB until now so... :lol: She's still part of (TeamJJ) to me.

And 1/2 of Twinnies on the Survivor edition? Remind me how?when?why?... I haven't watched Survivor in ages and I when I used my friend Google, it said that she won? :ascared

Thank goodness for the last paragraph, and disregarding their TV personalities, I wish them good fortune on their newborn.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
It's not their fault they got more famous on the other Reality Show? :lol:

Natalie was also on the Survivor one.

And Brendon & Rachel are expecting to have their child pretty soon so they definitely did not get called.
I honestly had no clue Jackie was on BB until now so... :lol: She's still part of (TeamJJ) to me.

And 1/2 of Twinnies on the Survivor edition? Remind me how?when?why?... I haven't watched Survivor in ages and I when I used my friend Google, it said that she won? :ascared

Thank goodness for the last paragraph, and disregarding their TV personalities, I wish them good fortune on their newborn.

They were both on and it was an amazing season and Natalie played one of the best ever games of the show and ended up being a favourite of many, many Survivor fans and even people who hated them on TAR lol.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »
They were both on and it was an amazing season and Natalie played one of the best ever games of the show and ended up being a favourite of many, many Survivor fans and even people who hated them on TAR lol.
I am one of those fans that disliked them on TAR.  Still did when I rewatched the seasons they were on.  But I did end up liking Natalie on Survivor.  Probably because of Nadiya being the first one voted out!  She is an entirely different person when not around Nadiya.  All IMHO.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2016, 12:25:53 PM »
It was really nice seeing all the casuals' hate towards the twinnies when they were announced as contestants turn to love for Natalie as the season progressed and she won :luvya:
For those who are interested and do not know, the season had the Blood vs. Water theme, where the players are cast in pairs of relatives/lovers (e.g. mom/daughter, brothers, husband/wife).

But back to the topic :grins:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2016, 10:31:13 AM »
It was really nice seeing all the casuals' hate towards the twinnies when they were announced as contestants turn to love for Natalie as the season progressed and she won :luvya:
For those who are interested and do not know, the season had the Blood vs. Water theme, where the players are cast in pairs of relatives/lovers (e.g. mom/daughter, brothers, husband/wife).

But back to the topic :grins:
So basically Survivor in TAR-style cast. ???
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »
Yeah, kind of.

Season 27 was the original Blood vs. Water season and had 10 returning players, each of them coming back with a relative/lover. The season turned out so good that they did Blood vs. Water again in season 29, where all the pairs were made up of new players.

It DOES sound similar to TAR, or like you said, a TAR-style cast, but the pairs didn't really have the opportunity to work together for the majority of the game and in S27 most of the pairs were swiftly decimated and the final 7 had none of them.

Nadiya was voted out first in the season twinnies competed (29), so they were on the show together for a very short time. The casuals were really happy to see her gone first and wanted Natalie to go next. :lol: But as the season progressed and Natalie emerged both as a cunning strategist and a likable character, even the casuals fell in love with her :P

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2016, 06:43:34 PM »
Yeah, kind of.

Season 27 was the original Blood vs. Water season and had 10 returning players, each of them coming back with a relative/lover. The season turned out so good that they did Blood vs. Water again in season 29, where all the pairs were made up of new players.

It DOES sound similar to TAR, or like you said, a TAR-style cast, but the pairs didn't really have the opportunity to work together for the majority of the game and in S27 most of the pairs were swiftly decimated and the final 7 had none of them.

Nadiya was voted out first in the season twinnies competed (29), so they were on the show together for a very short time. The casuals were really happy to see her gone first and wanted Natalie to go next. :lol: But as the season progressed and Natalie emerged both as a cunning strategist and a likable character, even the casuals fell in love with her :P
Got it. I'm just so shocked Natalie won after their loud encouragement and arguing on both Race seasons. The others contestants must have been blindly playing if they couldn't figure out a TAR competitor + even more shenanigans = potential winner. :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: April 03, 2016, 03:44:42 AM »
Searched YouTube for no real reason and I found this:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DU4w8IPP66Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DU4w8IPP66Q</a>

THIS VIDEO IS HILARIOUS OMG :lol: <3

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #337 on: April 03, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »
OMG <333333

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2016, 09:39:30 PM »
I don't know why but the other week I rewatched the first 1/3 of TAR 27's premiere episode (yikes that was bad) and the editing...omg.

Specifically at the starting line task: WTH was with showing "Currently in ___" NOT in chronological order? i.e "Currently in 7th" "to "Currently in 10th" to "Currently in 3rd"

I also remember in Season 25 when Dennis & Isabelle were last after the punting task and it said "Currently in 10th" :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:59 PM »
I don't know why but the other week I rewatched the first 1/3 of TAR 27's premiere episode (yikes that was bad) and the editing...omg.

Specifically at the starting line task: WTH was with showing "Currently in ___" NOT in chronological order? i.e "Currently in 7th" "to "Currently in 10th" to "Currently in 3rd"

I also remember in Season 25 when Dennis & Isabelle were last after the punting task and it said "Currently in 10th" :groan:

That's why I did a re-edit :lol:

TAR27 is utterly crap in terms of editing, probably the worst-edited TAR season ever!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: April 08, 2016, 09:46:46 PM »

That's why I did a re-edit :lol:

TAR27 is utterly crap in terms of editing, probably the worst-edited TAR season ever!
Ha, smart. I mean, if it were edited well, it's probably still bad. Because of you know who :groan:

(I can't believe I wasted my 1000th post on that I'm disgusted)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
I feel like TAR stepped up their game with leg designs in Season 25 and didn't maintain that :/

Leg 4: Denmark
- Route Info: Drive using less than 0.10 U.S. gallons of gas OR answer a geography question.
- Detour:
--Parking Space
--Wedding Cake
- Roadblock: Memorize orders/correctly recite them.

Leg 5: Morocco
- Route Info: Set up a food cart.
- Speed Bump: Hang up ten rugs.
- Roadblock: Collect three goat skins and deliver them.
- Detour:
-- Twirl Time
-- Tea Time

Leg 8: Malta
- Route Info: Carry a bottle of liquor and two glasses to the knights.
Here, they put an HoO ugh
- Roadblock: Rappel and swim in the Blue Grotto. This one was lame like every other similar RB.
- Speed Bump: Paint the Maltese cross onto two shields.
- Detour:
-- Flag
-- Shine

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2016, 10:19:45 AM »
Add to the Malta detour that they had to choose without any other info than each option's name.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2016, 10:49:35 AM »
i think the problem of TAR recently because of the editing and the cast who participated in

i mean some of TAR 1-12 had a bad or worse leg design ( TAR 11 was most relevant) but still they served great entertaining episode bcause they offered vibes that  produced by great hand of editors who edited it... look for TAR 8, they had only traveled inside North America, but still entertaining than post as1( as well as post UB) because editing and the casts that followed in...

TAR 27 had promising route and cast but editing was too rushed and messy (yet let design played the part)... so we felt there was lack of  vibes that we miss in golden era...
what might have been

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »
You make a very good point, rafael02. I was just thinking about how TAR 27's cast wasn't that bad? The route was fine but the leg design was horrible... Justin & Diana only had such huge leads because of the "waiting-in-line" type of tasks. That's honestly the only reason I'd want them to return :lol: to see if they're THAT strong.

Also, the editing, yes. Huge problem. It's so strange how the editing in early TAR seasons was slower-paced, yet they fit EVERYTHING essential to the Race in the 42 minutes.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2016, 05:42:24 PM »
Justin & Diana only had such huge leads because of the "waiting-in-line" type of tasks. That's honestly the only reason I'd want them to return :lol: to see if they're THAT strong.

I hope Justin & Diana return and get eliminated on the very first leg or not return at all. His arrogance even outside the show is so disgusting, did you know his Twitter background image is of ALL his first places? :res:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
Justin & Diana only had such huge leads because of the "waiting-in-line" type of tasks. That's honestly the only reason I'd want them to return :lol: to see if they're THAT strong.

I hope Justin & Diana return and get eliminated on the very first leg or not return at all. His arrogance even outside the show is so disgusting, did you know his Twitter background image is of ALL his first places? :res:
I gave it a look and it's actually of all 12 of their finishes :S

I've grown to love Diana (on their Race podcast... I only watch it for Krista/James Earl/special guest I promise :lol: ) post-Race, still hate Justin.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2016, 08:10:56 AM »
You make a very good point, rafael02. I was just thinking about how TAR 27's cast wasn't that bad? The route was fine but the leg design was horrible... Justin & Diana only had such huge leads because of the "waiting-in-line" type of tasks. That's honestly the only reason I'd want them to return :lol: to see if they're THAT strong.

Also, the editing, yes. Huge problem. It's so strange how the editing in early TAR seasons was slower-paced, yet they fit EVERYTHING essential to the Race in the 42 minutes.

that's why we had TAR 27 re-edit :lol:
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »
I also realised something about TAR27... a lot of the leg designs DEFINITELY felt like early-level TAR, but since we're in a whole new era it just didn't make sense? Like the HoO after the Roadblock in Africa was dumb, yes, but it definitely felt like something we would see in an early season.

TAR27 actually does have a decent cast in hindsight, but it sucks that Justin/Texas sucked up all the airtime for four entire episodes leading to very underdeveloped 7th-10th placers.

Like... Logan/Chris, Tiffany/Krista, Denise/James-Earl are DEFINITELY all-star material with Tanner & Josh being UB material. Justin fits in UB but he won 7 legs so no thanks :lol:

Still... TAR27 blew so much.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
Krista: The person who comes up with the title quotes is probably the same person who made the Top 25 Amazing Race Teams list.

Diana: And the person who forgot the Speed Bump sign! Someone's getting fired!

:funny:

Speaking of Speed Bumps... WHY has the sign disappeared after Season 26? It seems like they LOST the sign in 27 and were too lazy to make the ugly replacement ones we see in 28.