Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 124229 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 05:15:11 AM »
"Well I'm pretty sure our local radio station CFM 100.7 DJ, "Burgo" is going on the race. He was hinting that his is going on holidays for 5 weeks overseas with a friend, and his co-host was saying "that's AMAZING" with the emphasis on AMAZING. He's leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. He was saying on air weeks ago that he is so excited about applying to go on the race, so I guess it must be about to start filming and he's in. Can't wait to watch it!"

SOURCE: http://au.messages.yahoo.com/tv/amazingrace/3290/

PS. This was 3 days ago. If this suspicion is in fact real than the race could be beginning Tuesday/Wednesday

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 09:58:30 AM »
"Burgo" could well be John Burgess, who was a much more prominent celebrity in the late 90s. Burgo has been his nickname for a while.

A few things pulled from his twitter page (http://twitter.com/thejohnburgess):

Have been in Sydney today,about to be involved in an exciting & worthwhile project, but I will need your help! Details to follow...
7:24 PM Oct 13th via TweetDeck

Off to Sydney for CH.7 tomorrow,said to the agent"I want a round trip ticket"she said"To where?"I said "To here of course!"(Sorry,see u Fri)
Wednesday, 20 October 2010 7:40:26 PM via TweetDeck

Channel 7 is of course the network doing the race.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »
"Burgo" could well be John Burgess, who was a much more prominent celebrity in the late 90s. Burgo has been his nickname for a while.

A few things pulled from his twitter page (http://twitter.com/thejohnburgess):

Have been in Sydney today,about to be involved in an exciting & worthwhile project, but I will need your help! Details to follow...
7:24 PM Oct 13th via TweetDeck

Off to Sydney for CH.7 tomorrow,said to the agent"I want a round trip ticket"she said"To where?"I said "To here of course!"(Sorry,see u Fri)
Wednesday, 20 October 2010 7:40:26 PM via TweetDeck

Channel 7 is of course the network doing the race.

Is he a prominent enough celeb in Australia that he could be hosting the race instead of Phil?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
That thought did cross my mind, however I think his age more than anything will restrict him as he is pushing 70 and with all the work that goes into TAR, he may not be up to it.

Still, its something I'll be keeping an eye on in the next week or so.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
Any word on when this is starting? Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne starts would be the most likely! Ready to get my detective on  :lol:

I have rough theories based on events they wouldn't want to clash with.

Theoretically (read- According to the application forms) The race could be run at any time between now and the end of December.

Realistically- They will not run the race through Christmas, and I think it would be doubtful that they would want to clash with the Melbourne Cup (Is that as big an event outside of Victoria?) since it is a big Channel 7 event. Assuming they would not want to clash with the Cup, that would rule out any start before the first week of November. They would also not want to run to deep into school holidays, when flights and entrance fees to several attractions almost double in price. This rules out a week or two leading up to Christmas.

I hypothesize that Phil/Ben/Tom/Whoever else Channel 7 is considering to host will be saying "Go!" in mid to late November (If I had to pick any one day, I would say the morning of the 16th, simply because I like the number)

As for the starting line, Channel 7 (The broadcasting aspect, anyway) is a based in the Docklands of Melbourne, so I would hazard a guess to say Melbourne is the most likely start city. Possible starting lines for Melbourne would include the MCG, Etihad Stadium, The Shrine of Rememberance, The King's Domain or the Sidney Myer Music Bowl

From Australia here to (the west though). I agree with your startline prediction of Victoria however I don't think it is necessarily going to be in Melbourne. I wouldn't be surprised to have the startline a couple of hours out of melbourne in the country somewhere and have them have to drive to melbourne to get to the airport.

I also have to say I know one of the teams. I won't mention names as I don't want him or his family member who told us to get into trouble. I went to school with him and he is racing with his Aunty.

About when it will start I don't know but I suspect it will be VERY soon (your 16th of November prediction seems to be a little late to me) and I suspect it will begin before the end of October.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »
From http://www.juiceegossip.com/2/post/2010/10/amazing-race-australia-auditions-grant-denyer-and-luke-jacobz-also-potential-hosts.html

(20th October)

A source has revealed exclusively to Juicee Gossip that the second round of auditions have been taking place for The Amazing Race Australia since September and are expected to be wrapped up soon. Those who have made it to the next stage of the casting call have signed confidentiality agreements and cannot provide further information about the audition process. Although some people have been quite vocal on social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook, leading to speculation as to who has been cast, we have opted not to post the identities of these people however. The show is expected to be filmed sometime between October and December.

It is also rumoured that Grant Denyer and Luke Jacobz are potential Amazing Race Australia hosts. Grant is perhaps best known as the Sunrise Weather Man and current host of Iron Chef Australia.  We're not sure on the eligibility of either men yet, although both seem to be currently hosting other shows.

Grant Denyer will not be hosting the show, as per his tweet:

Not hosting Amazing Race as far as I know. Have u seen these legs? I take 2 steps 2 everyone's single step. Amazing marathon!

Ex-footballer Matthew Richardson is the latest name to be put through the rumor mill, but I think it is unlikely that he will be involved.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »
Unless channel 7 gave him access to his blackberry on the race, and the race has been going through American exclusively, Burgo, aka Ryan Burgess, will not be on AusTAR (At least, not yet) He has been very active on his twitter page (http://api.twitter.com/burgolive) and by all accounts is just on a holiday.

And a picture of Burgo in NY on the 22nd. http://twitpic.com/2zsfiy

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »
Richardson was an 3aw radio today, so I called in and asked him about TAR. His reply was "That's news to me, but it sounds like a nice job"

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 07:22:13 AM »
More from John Burgess (http://twitter.com/thejohnburgess)

Getting very nervous about upcoming announcement,next w/e.I will need all the help I can get guys,to carry this off,details to follow!
3:51 PM Oct 24th via TweetDeck

It seems we shall know in a few days time what his big announcement is. Remember he met with Channel 7 reps on October 21st.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »
Is it possible Phil could do back-to-back shootings of Australia's version and TAR18? Allan did it with China Rush and TARA4.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:03 PM »
They won't be back-to-back.  ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 06:23:54 AM »
Why do I have a feeling you know something we don't peach  :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 06:58:45 AM »
Why do I have a feeling you know something we don't peach  :lol:

Because she always does :lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2010, 07:50:10 AM »
So, John Burgess has made his announcement (And I use the term VERY loosely)

He's growing a moustache for Movember.  :killme:

So I think we can all agree that this was a gigantic waste of time and should never be spoken of again.  :carryon:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
A user on the Australian Media Spy forums has posted a message that he read a "cryptic message" in Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper classified section dated Friday 29th October 2010. Quote: "Hurry Amazing Racers to Old Melbourne Gaol."
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
The old read the paper for your clue?

The only prob is that we do not think the race is underway just yet.

Soon, but not yet... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »

Don't expect any new ideas from Channel Seven. They will try stick to the original formula and probably repeat tasks from the US version. They are also the masters of cross promotion and product placement. So if the newspaper idea is real, I'm sure they would have done an advertising deal with the Sun Hearld beforehand...
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
Another comment put on the Yahoo Australia, Amazing Race forums:

The *****is going to be on the Amazing Race!!!!

I am removing this to protect the racer...teams ID's BEFORE the race starts are at risk of being dumped. Repost the sec the race leaves, okay?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:36:33 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2010, 06:37:11 PM »
GREAT info, looks real...but hold off a little bit longer, okay?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2010, 07:15:54 PM »
GREAT info, looks real...but hold off a little bit longer, okay?

Okay, no worries, but this is on the official Channel 7/Yahoo, Amazing Race thread so obviously if its real, Channel 7 don't care. I will try do some more investigations in the meantime.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
Send me the link in a PM, okay? We try not to release any names before the race starts on general principles, but once they are sequestered or underway it should be okay...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2010, 10:45:20 PM »
A user on the Australian Media Spy forums has posted a message that he read a "cryptic message" in Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper classified section dated Friday 29th October 2010. Quote: "Hurry Amazing Racers to Old Melbourne Gaol."

It's there, all right. Top right of Page 93, a teeny-tiny two line ad which happens to be just two columns over from a large ad for a sex store. Wonder how they're going to shoot (pun not intended) around this?

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »

It's there, all right. Top right of Page 93, a teeny-tiny two line ad which happens to be just two columns over from a large ad for a sex store. Wonder how they're going to shoot (pun not intended) around this?
I have sources that have direct contact with Channel 7 who unfortunately confirm that filming for the race had not started yet as of Friday 29th October. Maybe the clue in the newspaper was a test? Either that or something to throw us spoilers off the scent.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 12:08:12 AM »

The only prob is that we do not think the race is underway just yet.

Soon, but not yet... :duno:

Good, we are all in agreement. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »
So, John Burgess has made his announcement (And I use the term VERY loosely)

He's growing a moustache for Movember.  :killme:

So I think we can all agree that this was a gigantic waste of time and should never be spoken of again.  :carryon:
My opinion of Mr. Burgess has grown now that I know he's a Mo man too!
Maybe we should start a new topic for the the amazing race know as Movemeber...
Global Summary
Country        Registrations          Amount Raised (CAD)
Canada         51,373                 $1,727,611
Australia      76,291                 $1,674,882
United Kingdom 61,075                 $1,148,299
United States  31,698                   $645,657
Ireland         6,165                    $75,279
New Zealand     5,297                    $40,064

Australia leads in registrations but Canada leads in money raised...

http://ca.movember.com

p.s. PM me if you'd like to contribute to Prostate Cancer Canada and my Mo Space!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere