Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 124224 times)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 11:25:26 PM »
The beauty of the American version is that the contestants they pick have no idea about world travel, which makes for funny TV. Problem is that Australians love to travel so bascially you will get a lot of people apply who have already travelled a lot and are interested in TAR because of their love for travel, not just to be on a reality show.

Channel 7 have a knack of destorying original shows. Australian version of Surviour was a disaster. Also the choice of host could be bad too. I hope Phil signs up, because Channel 7 hosts are awful.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 01:52:18 AM »
Promo here. If I'm reading the credits right, it's a tv promo, not a web promo. Trivia: while the USA version zooms into Manhattan, the AUS promo zooms into the Opera House.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 02:58:27 AM »
Promo here. If I'm reading the credits right, it's a tv promo, not a web promo. Trivia: while the USA version zooms into Manhattan, the AUS promo zooms into the Opera House.

Thanks Slowhatch! I've been keeping an eye on Channel 7 but haven't caught this ad yet.

Phil having a sound bite makes me hopeful.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 03:05:39 AM »
Too nice not to post!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 04:05:40 AM »
does this mean that phil would probably host this?

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 05:13:56 AM »
looks like it, it will be super duper cool to see phil hosting this, someone please confirm this, hopefully it turns out to be phil
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 07:56:11 AM »
Several recent articles have been speculating about that, nothing firm yet. Check Phil's thread as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
Oh NOOOOOO!!

SO sorry Coutzy!!  :'( :'( :'(

The application has been revised, new word is teams must be over 21!!

Application guidelines:

1. Teams of two are required for "The Amazing Race Australia"
2. Team members must have a pre-existing personal relationship. e.g. friends, relatives, partners, colleagues etc
3. Both team members must complete a separate application form
4. You must complete all questions
5. All required documents, photographs and videos must be submitted
6. Teams must submit all parts of their application together as one package
7. Both team members must be over 21 years of age on the day of application
8. Both team members must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident for at least 2 years to participate
9. Both team members must hold valid passports
10. Ensure you read the Terms and Conditions on the application form
11. You will only hear from us if you have been selected to attend an audition
12. Applications close 6:00pm Monday 6 September
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 02:52:35 AM »
Oh damn it, I wish NZ could have one at a time where I was of the right age. I always hoped for TAR Australasia. Not just Oz. Phil's Kiwi, he should host NZ Version!!!! I'm so jealous. I'm also saddened that you couldn't try because of the rule change Coutzy!

But please have a TAR NZ like Auzzie with world-travel when I'm 18/21, I'd say it'd be 18 here because our rules are a bit different
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 06:26:45 PM »
No it doesn't comfirm he will be hosting it. Phil did some quick TV promo's for Channel 7 in Australia from when they went to Perth in Season 9. He is on Rotnest Island off Perth when he recorded this way back in TAR9.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »
Ben Cousins to host The Amazing Race?
Aug 22

With The Amazing Race Australia set to go into production next month, a number of names have been floated as potential hosts, including reformed drug addict and AFL star Ben Cousins.

Among other names believed to be in contention are Seven Network stars Daniel MacPherson, Tom Williams and Luke Jacobz.

The Sunday Telegraph reports a well-placed source confirmed the network was looking at the controversial footballer for the hosting role.

“There’s a definite belief he could do it. Sure. He was outstanding last week, and plus he brings women onboard. He has this real James Dean feel to him,” said the source.

Cousins is said to have been well received during an in-house screening of his documentary, which will go to air on Seven next week.

However, Cousins is yet to be signed to the network, and it is believed Daniel Macpherson is currently running as favourite to host the reality series.

“Dan’s proven himself as one of the best hosts – blokes like him, women love him. He’s a strong starter for this.”

New Zealand born Phil Keoghan, who hosts the US version of the show has also been named amongst rumoured hosts for the local version.

More than 100,000 people have visited the official casting website for the show, which is set to go into production in September.

SOURCE
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 07:25:50 AM »
Ew. Americans, that news is basically the equivalent of Phil getting fired and replaced with Tiger Woods.

One rumour I heard out of Channel Seven is that Jay Laga'aia (a Maori actor with a somewhat similar backstory to Phil, most recognisable to non-Antipodeans as Commander Typho from the Star Wars prequels) is hosting.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »
From the website-

The application period has been extended until 6pm Friday 17 September!

Still gotta be 21 though...

Offline tinlizzy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2010, 09:58:55 AM »
I am so excited to hear about TAR - Australia! Can't wait to watch!! :jumpy:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
Usually they delay the broadcast of the US version of TAR by months in Australia right? Looks like they'll only be 4 days delayed this season.
I speculate that this is because they don't want the US version to overlap with the premiere of TAR AUS in 2011.

Great news for lovers of  The Amazing Race, Channel Seven will be fast tracking the latest series from the USA. Phil Keoghan will standing on the pitstop for the 17th series of this very popular reality show.

The show will premiere on Thursday 30 September at 8.30pm.
http://www.realityravings.com/2010/09/18/the-amazing-race-series-17-to-be-fast-tracked-from-us/
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »
As of right now, applications are officially closed (Further extensions nonwithstanding)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
Usually they delay the broadcast of the US version of TAR by months in Australia right? Looks like they'll only be 4 days delayed this season.
I speculate that this is because they don't want the US version to overlap with the premiere of TAR AUS in 2011.

Great news for lovers of  The Amazing Race, Channel Seven will be fast tracking the latest series from the USA. Phil Keoghan will standing on the pitstop for the 17th series of this very popular reality show.

http://www.realityravings.com/2010/09/18/the-amazing-race-series-17-to-be-fast-tracked-from-us/

As for the delays, it depends on the season. We got allstars before 10, and then season 12 came almost 2 years after, but season 13 through 16 were only a few weeks out.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »
Yeah, aside from the time they split the TAR9 premiere into two episodes (and put a two-week gap in between, making it out of synch with the US as usual), this is the first time we've seen an episode in the same week since TAR1.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »

As for the delays, it depends on the season. We got allstars before 10, and then season 12 came almost 2 years after, but season 13 through 16 were only a few weeks out.

I'm a long time lurker here who finally joined up. You guys here do a wonderful job and I'm very impressed, there's no place out on the internet like this!

I'm so excited to see the Amazing Race come to Australia, I hope to participate on it soon and I know many people have gone crazy over it since the applications came out.

Coutzy, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that season 14 was about six months behind the U.S? Though I remember season 15 wasn't too bad, Channel Seven did air double episodes each week allowing us to see the finale about a week or so behind the actual airing in the U.S.

But yes, Channel Seven stuffed the order up for allstars and season 10, we heard about Dustin and Kandice's and David and Mary's previous race results before we had even seen it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 03:09:02 AM »

I'm a long time lurker here who finally joined up. You guys here do a wonderful job and I'm very impressed, there's no place out on the internet like this!

I'm so excited to see the Amazing Race come to Australia, I hope to participate on it soon and I know many people have gone crazy over it since the applications came out.

Coutzy, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that season 14 was about six months behind the U.S? Though I remember season 15 wasn't too bad, Channel Seven did air double episodes each week allowing us to see the finale about a week or so behind the actual airing in the U.S.

But yes, Channel Seven stuffed the order up for allstars and season 10, we heard about Dustin and Kandice's and David and Mary's previous race results before we had even seen it.

Possibly- I haven't watched them on channel 7 since season 12. I've used, shall we say, "Other methods"

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 03:18:32 AM »

Possibly- I haven't watched them on channel 7 since season 12. I've used, shall we say, "Other methods"

:lol3: I do the same, simply for the fact the programming is very inconsistant season to season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »
:welcome: to RFF ovalorange! Always glad to have more Aussies here!!

Hopefully you will be able to watch and then join us in the TAR 17 and TARA 4 fun!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 03:25:57 PM »
:welcome: to RFF ovalorange! Always glad to have more Aussies here!!

Hopefully you will be able to watch and then join us in the TAR 17 and TARA 4 fun!!

:waves: Thanks Peach!

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 01:36:09 AM »
Any word on when this is starting? Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne starts would be the most likely! Ready to get my detective on  :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »
Any word on when this is starting? Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne starts would be the most likely! Ready to get my detective on  :lol:

I have rough theories based on events they wouldn't want to clash with.

Theoretically (read- According to the application forms) The race could be run at any time between now and the end of December.

Realistically- They will not run the race through Christmas, and I think it would be doubtful that they would want to clash with the Melbourne Cup (Is that as big an event outside of Victoria?) since it is a big Channel 7 event. Assuming they would not want to clash with the Cup, that would rule out any start before the first week of November. They would also not want to run to deep into school holidays, when flights and entrance fees to several attractions almost double in price. This rules out a week or two leading up to Christmas.

I hypothesize that Phil/Ben/Tom/Whoever else Channel 7 is considering to host will be saying "Go!" in mid to late November (If I had to pick any one day, I would say the morning of the 16th, simply because I like the number)

As for the starting line, Channel 7 (The broadcasting aspect, anyway) is a based in the Docklands of Melbourne, so I would hazard a guess to say Melbourne is the most likely start city. Possible starting lines for Melbourne would include the MCG, Etihad Stadium, The Shrine of Rememberance, The King's Domain or the Sidney Myer Music Bowl
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:34:25 AM by Coutzy »