Author Topic: Julie Chen Blogs Big Brother  (Read 11312 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Julie Chen Blogs Big Brother
« on: July 09, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother': Season 12 premiere

Hi everyone! Let the games (and the blogs) begin! We kicked off a new season  Big Brother tonight, welcoming 13 new HOUSEGUESTS  for a summer-long extravaganza of bikinis and backstabbing.  It’s so hard to believe, but ten years ago we started the ultimate voyeuristic reality show (52 cameras and 95 microphones) and here we are a decade later.

BUT FIRST!…
I’m so excited to bring you my weekly download on everything from the cast, twist, HOH, and evictions, and I hope you enjoy my take on what this season will have to offer. For my first blog entry I wanted to lay out my first impressions of the cast and this new season — and I’m interested to hear your take as well so be sure to comment below with your first impressions.

Cast Impressions: I believe this cast of characters might be one of the smartest ones we’ve ever assembled.  We have a college professor, a chemistry graduate student, a podiatrist, and a web designer who is a member of MENSA. We’re already seeing some cliques and alliances starting to form, but I’m eager to see how the speculation on the Saboteur will ultimately impact game play and strategy.  At this point in the game, everyone is still playing it safe, which is typical early on — no one is looking to rock the boat and end up on the nomination block, but I’m sure that will all change soon.

Here are my initial thoughts on the thirteen people crazy enough to potentially spend 75 days in lock down without any contact with the outside world.  P.S. – I think our show is without a doubt the toughest reality show on television from a mental standpoint.  I don’t know how these guys do it!

Andrew: The show’s first ever Orthodox Jew.  He’s an avid student of Big Brother and loves the game. We’ve already seen that he’s a prankster and I think Andrew has the potential to really stir the pot this season.

Kathy: I love Kathy.  She is the oldest Houseguest this season…keep your eye on her…you can’t count out a female Deputy Sheriff who oversees a department full of men!

Kristen: What a surprise…we have a bikini model in the house. So far Kristen is playing the “sit back and watch” game.  However, I get the sense her fellow Houseguests are starting to question why she’s so quiet.

Rachel: Rachel is a dynamic character.  She’s a VIP Cocktail waitress/chemistry graduate student who seems to get along with everyone.  But will her fellow Housemates think she’s too loud and over the top?  We’ll see!

Monet: Monet is a wildcard.  Wildly opinionated, but seems to be getting along with everyone at this point.  Does winning the $10,000 put a target on her back?

Enzo: I was surprised when Enzo first entered the house and didn’t say much, but I have a feeling he’ll start to pipe up very soon.  This guy will not be afraid to make some moves early on to secure his position in the house.

Hayden: Our first HOH.  Hayden is our All American guy. I’m calling it here…first showmance of the season between Hayden and Kristen?

Brendon: Resident hunk for this season!

Lane: The southern gentleman of this cast.

Matt: Matt is a genius – literally – as a member of MENSA.  He has the potential to be a serious gamer.  Matt strikes me as a guy who has coasted through life with his brain, but coasting through the BB house for 75 days is a whole different ballgame.

Ragan: Resident college professor, who will not be afraid to speak his mind and is eager to manipulate his housemates.

Annie: She has a great personality, the kind of girl that you want to hang out with.  She’s bi-sexual but hasn’t revealed that to the house yet.  Curious to see if she does and if so, how that impacts perception among her Housemates.

Britney: A small town southern girl, who talks a big game but not sure she can actually back it up.

HOH Competition: What can I say?  This was a classic Big Brother challenge.  Lucky break for Andrew, who volunteered to be the mascot.  He lost out on the rewards but is safe from elimination for the first week.  And how about Hayden – guess he’s either lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it.  Lucky to win HOH, but could have put a target on his back by demonstrating his physical prowess.

Saboteur Twist: I’m constantly surprised and impressed with the twists that our producers come up with each season, and this year was no different with the addition of this season’s Saboteur game piece.  One of the better aspects of my job is delivering news like this to the Houseguest — just as they were settling into their new surroundings we spring an added layer of paranoia into the mix.  Loved watching the speculation spread like wildfire throughout the house.  Conspiracy theorists in the house are probably wondering — was Britney really injured during the challenge or was she trying to take her team out of the competition; Kathy consistently falling throughout the challenge seemed a little excessive and Brendon brushing his teeth in the dark seemed a little strange.

Who do you think the Saboteur is? Sound off below and remember, you can give the Saboteur their tasks to wreak havoc on the house. Submit your ideas at cbs.com.

The fourth of July has passed and summer is officially here… BIG BROTHER IS BACK! We are in for a great summer. Just as the temperatures are rising outside, the heat inside the Big Brother house is guaranteed to rise as well.  Remember to come back every week for my thoughts and reactions along the way.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/09/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-season-12-premiere/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Re: Julie Chen Blogs Big Brother
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
Julie Chen Blogs 'Big Brother': episode 2

What the BEEP! Oh, “Big Brother Saboteur,” we barely knew you! Sad to see our “Saboteur” leave the house tonight…I was eagerly anticipating a summer full of crazy Big Brother fan-inspired sabotage.

I think Annie played the game well, but she may have shot herself in the foot by playing too hard too soon. After tonight’s show, she told me that the moment she entered the house she started playing her game, while most of her fellow Houseguests sat back and let the game come to them. She also admittedly didn’t handle being put on the block very well and reacted too aggressively. Whatever the reasoning, her HouseMATES delivered a resounding eviction vote of 10-0. Not one vote for Rachel – THAT had to sting!

She also expressed that the game was much harder than expected and that the realization that she could not trust someone she was sharing a room with was emotionally draining. I think she was also a bit embarrassed for being the first to leave, but overall grateful for the experience.

I do give her kudos for the bold yet failed attempt to save herself by calling out Brendon for lying about his profession. That move only strengthens the disdain the “Brigade” has towards the swim coach. And she even snuck in one last sabotage before walking out…tune in on Sunday to see what she did. A “Saboteur” till the very end.

Once Annie left the studio, I was standing on the stage thinking that the “Brigade” would maintain their control of the house, but then a curveball in the form of a red-headed “Have-Nottie” snatches this week’s HOH. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Rachel goes from tag-along to leader in the blink of an eye. That’s exactly what I love about this show. Do you think her “showmance” continues or does she use her power in the game to snuggle up to a more secure player? Comments, please!

Now that the “Saboteur” has been ousted and with a new HOH in place, here are my thoughts on the current alliances inside the house. I’ve ranked the alliances in order of strength:

1) The “Brigade” Alliance (Hayden, Enzo, Lane and Matt): Despite Rachel’s victory this evening, I think they’re still running the show. But on the flip side, their moniker could be one of the weakest in 12 seasons.

2) The “Love Nerds” Alliance (Brendon and Rachel): This season’s inaugural “showmance” is hot and heavy for the time being. I think it’s safe to say that Brendon is camping out in the HOH room all week. Rachel’s victory tonight moved them from third to second place in the rankings. Both are very strong players – physically and mentally – and as Annie stated during her plea before being voted out, we could be witnessing the emergence of this season’s Jeff and Jordan.

*A quick dating tip for Brendon and all future love birds on this show — it’s probably never a good idea to ask one of your fellow Houseguests out on a date (once the show is over) while you’re still living inside the house. You never know where this game is going to take you.

3) “Arkansas’ Finest” Alliance (Britney, Kathy and Monet): Yes, I know Monet isn’t from Arkansas. I understand the regional bond between Britney and Kathy, but I’m still trying to figure out Monet’s association. Does Britney remind anyone of a younger Kathy without the badge? I predict this is the first alliance to break up.

4) Kristen and Andrew: One of the most peculiar pairings so far in my opinion. I’m still waiting for Kristen to pipe up a bit more, but maybe that’s part of her strategy. And are we starting to see hints of a second “showmance” forming between Kristen and Hayden?

5) Ragan: Poor Ragan. Either he’ll continue to be an outsider in this game or play the role of the all powerful swing vote at some point.

INSIDER FACTOIDS:

* We all learned during tonight’s HOH challenge that there was 330 gallons of sticky “goo” in Sunday night’s “Sweet Tooth” challenge. But did you know that there was over 1,300 pounds of popcorn!

* My personal favorite “fan-submitted sabotage” was one that suggested the “Saboteur” throw all the Houseguest’s food over the Big Brother wall. That’s called playing to win…depriving you and your fellow competitors of nourishment. I wish we could have seen that one played out.

GENERAL THOUGHTS:

* I love Kathy, but she really needs to lose that “Rub for Luck” shirt or at least wear something else. Wonder what her fellow officers back in Arkansas think?

* Enzo, no more sunglasses inside the house! If you’re using it as a tactic to avoid eye contact when you’re lying through your teeth that’s one thing. But I get the sense, the “Meow, Meow” simply thinks it’s cool. Love ya Enzo, but we’re not at the World Series of Poker.

* I’m not sure who was more emotional this week, Annie or Brendon. I understand Annie’s tears, but Brendon needs to man up a bit if he’s going to stay in the house.

* I’m guessing America decided Kathy was the “Saboteur” the second they saw her taking a siesta during the “Sweet Tooth” challenge. I’m not saying I could have done it either, but she may need to showcase a bit more physicality to stay in the game.

That’s all for this week. I can’t wait to see how the shift in the HOH impacts the game. Do Brendon and Rachel keep love alive; will we see a second “showmance” between Kristen and Hayden emerge; will Ragan jump into an alliance?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/16/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-episode-2/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »
thanks will! :waves:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother': episode 3

A lot of tears inside the house this week.

One of the misfortunes of winning a cash prize during the first week of a competition-based reality series is that you give your fellow players a reason to eliminate you – and I believe that’s what happened when Monet snagged the $10,000 prize during the first challenge. Whether or not that was the sole deciding factor for the House’s vote of 7-2 to eliminate Monet is uncertain, but it clearly gave Rachel and her fellow Housemates an excuse to hang their hat on.

I spoke with Monet after last night’s show and she’s in pretty good spirits despite the elimination. I think walking away with the $10,000 prize in hand definitely eases the pain. She did touch on how emotionally draining this past week has been for her and her trusted ally Britney. She also emphatically stated that she has no regrets for the trash talking seminars she and Britney held in the backyard. Those are two ladies I would never want to tick off.

I asked Monet if she had any parting advice for Britney and I was genuinely surprised by her answer. She suggested that Britney’s lifespan inside the house could be extended if she were able to team up with their rival, Rachel. A surprising but intriguing strategy if Britney could pull it off.

Now, let’s talk game play! Clearly, Matt had the move of the week by putting himself up as a pawn. WOW! An absolute risky move at this early stage of the game, when alliances are still fresh and can easily be broken and replaced by new ones. Whether or not his roll of the dice proves to be advantageous down the road is yet to be seen. He’s obviously playing both sides of the house and I personally think he took a hit when Rachel called him out during the House meeting. At the very least, he’s officially put a target on his back by announcing that he’s a player who is willing to lie and cheat to get to the end.  EVERYONE DOES IT…JUST DON’T GET CAUGHT.

Coming out of last week, I was honestly starting to wonder what was wrong with Kristen. She was literally the quietest Houseguest I had ever seen. I’m glad to see her show some fire this week when she stood up for herself. Maybe laying low is her strategy, but I hope she wakes up and starts asserting herself a bit more. My gut tells me she has the potential to be a sleeper in this game. Maybe her secret “showmance” will spark some new life.

Speaking of “showmance”…which “showmance” do you think will last longer inside the house? The “Love Nerds” or Hayden and Kristen? Let me know your thoughts below.

I think the Brigade still holds the power in the house based solely on numbers, but Rachel and Brendon could prove to be a powerful alliance.   I know I said it last week, but both are strong, both are bright, and if they stick together they might make a run at this. On the other side of the spectrum is Britney. Miss Arkansas could be in serious trouble depending on who snags this week’s HOH — or maybe she’ll adopt Monet’s advice and partner up with Rachel.

This is usually about the time in the game that we start to see a lot of scrambling inside the house and this upcoming week should be no different.

HERE ARE SOME GENERAL INSIDER FACTOIDS FOR BOTH THE POV AND HOH COMPETITIONS:

On the POV Competition:

* The dollar bills that the Houseguests were getting slapped with were over 8 inches long and the serial number on the Big Brother dollar bills was 19811450.

On the HOH Competition:

* The giant wave wall was 65 feet long and 12 feet high!

* The surfboards that the Houseguests balanced on were 8 feet long!

* The surfboards could be lowered to a 40 degree angle, increasing the difficulty of balancing!

BEST QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Enzo: “It’s like Alcatraz with palm trees. I am about to go ‘Shawshank’ and spoon my way out.”

Rachel: (When I asked her if she would choose the half million dollars or Brendon?) “Brendon is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I would have to choose what’s best for me and Brendon.”

Matt: “Take it away Chenbot.” (I had to throw that one in there.)

WARDROBE QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

I received some questions regarding my wardrobe for last week’s LIVE show. Thanks for those. I was wearing Thierry Mugler last week and in case you’re wondering, last night’s outfit was Max Mara.

Thanks to all of you for the support. We have a great season on our hands and it only promises to get better.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/23/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-episode-3/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 4

I wanted to start out by saying a HUGE thank you to everyone for all the support this season.  We’re having a fantastic summer — great ratings, great drama and, as always, fantastic fan support.

And speaking of drama — just when you thought the “Summer of the Saboteur” was over, they pull you back in!

In case you missed last night’s show, I announced that we are asking you, the fans, to pick this season’s next Saboteur. One player who is already living inside the house will have the opportunity to accept the challenge of playing the second Saboteur.  If they survive for two weeks they win $20,000.

Who do you think would make for a good Saboteur?  First tell me your thoughts below, and then visit cbs.com and make it official by casting your vote for this summer’s next prankster or backstabber.  Next week we’ll tally your votes and see who you think will be best at disrupting the house.

Let’s discuss all the activity (or should I say campaigning) inside the house this week.  Matt snags HOH and immediately breaks rank and goes against the advice of the Brigade — instead of throwing grenades (as Enzo would say) at Brendon and Rachel, he opts to put Andrew and Kathy on the block.  I don’t understand the strategy of putting Andrew up, but in terms of his decision to nominate Kathy -  it was clearly a selection motivated by revenge. Kathy presents no real threat inside the house with regards to gameplay or challenges.  Therefore I understand the Brigade’s frustration with Matt’s strategy.  “Matt the Magnificent” stood by his nominations all week, but I personally think he showed a short-sighted approach and missed a huge opportunity to strengthen his alliance’s position in the house.   He could have broken up the Brendon and Rachel “showmance” once and for all, but instead wasted his shot on Andrew.  And to make matters worse for the Brigade, Rachel grabs HOH again this evening, securing her and Brendon’s safety for another week.

Kudos to Rachel and Brendon…especially Rachel.  She is one tough cookie when it comes to HOH comps.   That’s two HOH victories for Rachel and two POV victories for Brendon. I’d say that’s a team to be reckoned with, wouldn’t you?

Poor Andrew – I felt sorry for him this week when he started scrambling and grasping for any chance at survival.  The Big Brother house is like high school – the moment you show a hint of weakness or desperation you’re dead in the water. By week’s end, Andrew was a man with no country.  But if you know you’re on the outside, why not go out swinging, which is what he did.  That was one fantastic speech from Andrew during tonight’s show, but in the end it did not buy him one single vote.  Although you have to wonder what impact the information he revealed (confirming a second “showmance” between Kristen and Hayden) will have on the house moving forward.

Some Random Thoughts:

– I know I’m guilty of referring to this cast as possibly the smartest we’ve ever had, but after the illogical campaigning put forth by Brendon this week and Matt’s nominations, I would like to retract that statement.

– House meetings don’t work!  If you’re feeling threatened enough to call the meeting, its probably already too late. As was the case with Andrew — too little too late.

– I love how this season’s men are so in touch with their feelings!  For example… Brendon’s tearful moments from week one and then  this week’s emotional outbursts from Andrew.  Seeing this makes the Chenbot emotional…yes the Chenbot has feelings!

– My advice to Rachel: You don’t have to yell in the Diary Room.  Those are state-of-the-art microphones that can pick up your audio just fine.  (But isn’t she great television?)

– I don’t know when it will happen, but I get the sense that the Brigade could splinter at any time.  Maybe they’re stronger than I think, but it seems unlikely they’ll be able to maintain a united front throughout the entire summer — especially with the emergence of the second showmance.

Top Quotes This Week:

Lane regarding Ragan asking why he shaves his arms:
“Because that’s what men do. Men in Texas fight each other and shave their arms—it’s just what they do.”

Brendon on love and relationships:
“Why buy the milk when you can get the cow for free?”
Rachel “Am I a cow to you Brendon?”

That’s it for now.  It should be an interesting week for the Brigade given the power shift and the confirmation of Hayden and Kristin’s “showmance.”  I can’t wait to see how it plays out and who you think is sneaky enough to wear the title of Saboteur next week. Thanks everyone.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/30/julie-chen-big-brother-week-4/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 5

WOW!  What a week!  Last Thursday, Andrew reveals Kristen and Hayden’s secret “showmance” to the house on his way out the door and leaves behind a hot mess.  Rachel and Kristen square off in this season’s most heated cat fight; Rachel places her rival “showmance” (Kristen and Hayden) on the block; Britney snags the POV, but to Hayden’s dismay, she decides not to use it; Hayden and Kristen check their emotions at the door and resort to saving themselves; and Kristen campaigns tirelessly, but ultimately is unable to garner enough support and becomes the fourth evicted Houseguest.  I think this could be a huge turning point for the season — 34 days into the game and the action continues to get more juicy by the moment.

I was disappointed when Kristen was evicted as I was eager to see what impact their relationship would have on the “Brigade” –  whether Hayden would have truly picked his “showmance” over his “bromance” or vice versa.  Kristen told me post eviction that she was unprepared for life inside the house.  As we witnessed on the show, she admitted she was very guarded and not one to easily make friends…two personality traits that typically lead to early evictions.

MOVING FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:
Despite Rachel and Brendon being in a “showmance,” their position inside the house continues to be stable.  However, that could all change pending the result of this week’s HOH.  You have to think that if any member of the “Brigade” captures HOH, they will put Rachel and Brendon on the block.  I’m sure the “Brigade” is eager to dismantle any and all “showmances.”

Luckily for the “Brigade” their strength lies in their numbers, because if they were forced to rely on any other element (physical prowess, strategic gameplay, etc.) they would have splintered several weeks ago.  Based on their poor showings in competitions, combined with Hayden’s flip-flopping throughout the house and Ragan’s growing suspicion of an all-male alliance, you can easily see them imploding at any moment.

Kudos to all the fans who voted for this season’s next (potential) Saboteur.  I think Ragan is a wise selection.  He’s an intelligent, passionate player who will take the role very seriously and work hard not to disappoint.  Plus, he stands to make an easy $20,000?  Maybe easy isn’t the right word, but I personally think it’s worth the risk.  Tune in on Sunday to see if Pandora’s Box will be opened and if Ragan will accept the job.  Tell me below…do you think this week’s HOH will risk opening Pandora’s box or play it safe?  If you were in the house, what would you do?  COMMENTS PLEASE!

(Personally, I would open it!)

FUN FACTS:

LUXURY COMPETITION
– There were 9 obstacles in this week’s Luxury competition. The fastest time was 0:47 seconds and the slowest time was 2:18.

VETO COMPETITION (“Wizards of Pinball”)

– It would cost $1.75 to play all the pinball machines that were on display for 1 round and the giant pinball machine was 16 ft long by 20 ft wide.

HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD COMPETITION (“True Colors”)

– The diameter of the paint can in last night’s HOH competition was over 14 feet and the giant swinging paint brush was over 11 feet long.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

– I’m so excited to have two of our favorite past Houseguests, Jeff and Jordan, making a surprise visit to the house this week.  As many of you probably know, Jeff is on his “Around the World for Free” tour and I’m hearing he may need a place to stay for the night. Tune in on Wednesday to see if Jeff has any “showmance” advice for “Brenchel.”

– The curse of the Big Brother costume is alive and well.  Two years of evicted Houseguests who wore the red unitard, followed by Casey’s unfortunate banana suit last season and Kristen’s swift departure last night courtesy of the hippie-tard.

– I felt like this week was a coming out party for Britney.  She demonstrated that she’s more of gamer than I may have originally thought.  She’s successfully working all sides of the house and not just standing by waiting to be evicted.

– I think you can make the argument that Lane is one of the most underachieving players in the game from a physical standpoint?  He’s a former collegiate athlete, but his performance in competitions as of late is on par with Kathy.

– Word of advice for all future contestants — if you’re on a reality show that films your every move 24/7, it’s probably not smart to become romantically involved with a fellow Houseguest after you told your boyfriend waiting at home that you want to remain faithful throughout your time on the show.  You never know where the love bug will strike inside the house.

QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Britney: “If I said an f-bomb on TV, my mom would cry and my dad would have to skip a Sunday at church.”

Hayden: “I think cougar hunting is dangerous…I like to hunt young cubs in their 20s.”

Kathy regarding Rachel: “We got the devil upstairs working in the devil’s den.”

That’s it for this week.  Tune in Sunday to see if Ragan will be unleashed into the house as the next Saboteur — and I hope this week lives up to the craziness we just witnessed.  Thanks everyone for all the support.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/06/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-5/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 6

THERE IS SIMPLY NO LOVE FOR THE “SHOWMANCE” THIS SEASON!

First the demise of Kristen and Hayden last week followed by Rachel’s dismissal this evening by a vote of 6-0.  I felt like all the action inside the house this week centered around breaking up “Brenchel” and in the end the house clearly got what they wanted.  It’s easy to sit back each week and analyze the house’s decision to evict a certain player, but in this week’s case I can see why they opted to send Rachel home instead of Brendon.  Rachel is a stronger player, both mentally and physically.

Overall, I think Brendon played a pretty lousy game this week.  I know some of his actions can be chalked up to “Operation Save Rachel,” but I think his tactics were too transparent for any of the Houseguests to believe.  It was obvious he was trying to purposely annoy everyone in hopes that they would pick him over her.  I do commend him for trying to save his lady, but question his methods.

*Or (just throwing this out there) maybe it was all a deliberate “jury” ploy to over compensate knowing that they would still eliminate Rachel, but he looks like a gentleman and gets her vote if he makes it to the end.  A brilliant strategic move if that’s the case.

Rachel told me after the show tonight that she has zero regrets.  Admittedly, she could have played some things differently (possibly aligning with Kristen and Hayden), but she was proud of the game she played.  You have to give her credit for surviving as long as she did considering she and Brendon were targets from day one.  She survived for 41 days with a massive X on her back and that’s pretty impressive.  Plus, she also believes with all her heart that their “showmance” is the real thing and that she and Brendon will be together once the show ends.  There was no hesitation when I asked what the future held for “Brenchel.”  I wish them well.

Bottom line — I am so eager to see how Brendon exists inside the house minus Rachel.  Will he take his aggression out on the game and step up in the competitions or will he crumble under the weight of a broken heart?  If he can capture HOH, Matt, Ragan and Britney are in for a heck of a week.  If he can’t, I think we have our next Jury member.

Comments please! Tell me how you think Brendon will respond?

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

*Britney continues to surprise me in this game.  Just when I think she might be in trouble she manages to survive – snagging the POV this week was a tremendous move.  If the “Brigade” ever starts turning on each other, look for Britney to be a key swing vote.

*I loved having Jeff and Jordan back in the house this week — it’s great when our show can play matchmaker!  They seem to be really happy and I wish them well.  Which couple will bring us the first Big Brother marriage?  Jeff and Jordan or Brendon and Rachel?

*Kudos to the fans for the brilliant “True Love Conquers All” sabotage that played during Wednesday night’s show.  I’m thrilled the Saboteur wrinkle is back in the game, and that particular fan-inspired suggestion was fantastic.  I must admit that I felt a little bad for “Brenchel” when that glimmer of hope reappeared.

*Was tonight’s HOH competition symbolic of this season’s game or what?  Houseguests struggling to escape a massive spider web of ropes in order to survive the game – just another day in the life of a Big Brother Houseguest.

*Where would the “Brigade” be without Matt?  Outside of Hayden’s week one HOH victory, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen three male players (Enzo, Lane and Hayden) under perform like this in almost every competition (but it is pretty fun to watch them discuss how powerful they are).

FUN COMPETITION FACTOIDS:

*The bowling lane used in the POV competition, “Lover’s Lane,” was 40 ft long.  There were sixteen balls on site and the pins were 30 inches tall.

*The ropes used in tonight’s HOH competition, “Oh What a Tangled Web,” were 200 feet long and weighed 25 lbs.

QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Enzo on Kathy
“The fish don’t even want to make an alliance with her…they’d rather die.”

Brendon on Romance
“I’m going to have the ‘Armageddon’ song playing in my head when I walk out.”

That’s it for now…this week could be one of the most interesting so far in terms of strategy and confrontations.  Brendon’s honor is on the line and he’s eager to exact revenge for the dismantling of his “showmance.”  Tell me your thoughts on the week below! Thanks everyone.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/13/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-6/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:34:37 PM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 7

THE “BLINDSIDE” HEARD THROUGHOUT TEXARKANA!

Wow, what a night!  Matt shocks the house by using the Diamond Power of Veto, pulling himself off the block and putting up Kathy.  Kathy sits motionless as her fate is determined in a Live vote that results in a unanimous eviction of 5-0 — thus concluding one of the most exciting weeks this season.  Why Kathy you ask?  It could have simply been a numbers game or she might have fallen victim to the speculation that she was the “Saboteur.”
But first…let’s recap what led us to this point.

Brendon avenges his ousted lady by out-roping his enemies en route to a victory in this week’s HOH.  His first order of business is putting Lane and Ragan on the block.  Ragan shows his grit by capturing this week’s POV.  Rachel re-enters the house anticipating a reunion with Brendon, but instead discovers Brendon has left the house courtesy of “Pandora’s Box.”  Rachel leaves a pretzel message for Brendon, but inadvertently adds to the “Saboteur” speculation surrounding Kathy.  Ragan saves himself in the POV meeting — Brendon then puts Matt up on the block, but Matt remains calm as he’s secretly holding the Diamond Power of Veto.  Which brings us back to Kathy.

I spoke with Kathy after the show tonight and she was clearly shocked by her swift and sudden departure.  However, she told me that she felt as if something was off this entire week, chalking it up to a gut instinct.  She added that she was disappointed to have left the game, but pleased that she was able to survive in the house for this long with her morals intact.  She also told me that the one thing she will take away from this experience is a new appreciation for her family and her hometown.  I personally think she handled a disappointing scenario with a lot of class.

Moving on to this week…I can’t believe Britney is the last woman standing!  I would have never predicted that earlier in the season.  Following her victory this evening in the HOH competition, my initial thought was that Brendon is toast unless he’s able to capture the POV.  However, after further consideration, it could be an interesting strategy for Britney to keep Brendon in the game.  Why not keep someone around that everyone truly dislikes in hopes of taking that person to the end to make it an easy decision for the jurors? Its game play 101…keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Look for a crazy week ahead as alliances could be restructured – namely the “Brigade.”
RANDOM THOUGHTS:

*When Rachel returns to Vegas she should run – not walk – to the nearest pit boss for a lesson in knowing when to fold em.  Clearly she had no idea she was squaring off with a college professor who makes his living giving lectures, but you would think after their first heated exchange she would have reconsidered coming back for more.  Conversely, I’m sure Ragan took pride in leaving Rachel speechless, but it’s safe to say he’s down one juror vote.

*Lane, Enzo and Hayden could be forced to do some serious schmoozing this week as the balance of the “Brigade” lies in Matt’s reaction to knowing Enzo and Hayden actively selected to keep Lane instead of him.  Does the “Brigade” remain four strong or will they split apart and start fending for themselves?  Matt thinks he’s smarter than everyone else in the house while Enzo and Hayden doubt their ability to beat Matt in the end.  What do you think?  Comments please!

*How classic was the Zingbot 3000?  My favorite zing was “Hayden, Justin Bieber just called…he wants his hairdo back. Zing. Zing. Zing.”
*Kudos to Ragan (and the fans who voted for Ragan) for a terrific stint inside the house as this season’s second “Saboteur.”

QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

*Matt’s thoughts on campaigning: “I want to sleep the day away, sleep the night away and wake up on death row and see what happens.”
*Ragan on life inside the house: “I’m in a prison of starvation and heterosexuality.”
*Enzo to Matt: “You just got ‘sabobitched.’”

That’s it for this week.  I haven’t looked forward to a week inside the house this much in awhile.  I’m dying to see how Brendon responds to Britney calling the shots and what happens with the “Brigade” now that we’re starting to see some kinks in their armor.  See you next Thursday for our double elimination!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/20/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-7/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 8

I’M EXHAUSTED! What a night. Here’s a quick recap for anyone who missed day 55 inside the Big Brother house. We sprung the news about last night’s double eviction on the Houseguests at the top of the show — I do love the excitement and chaotic nature of the double evictions. The Brigade implodes as Matt becomes the first casualty of this season’s most dominate alliance and leaves the house by a vote of 4-0. The remaining Houseguests compete in a HOH competition in which Hayden narrowly edges out Brendon; Hayden places Brendon and Ragan on the block; Ragan captures the POV and removes himself from the block; Hayden places Britney beside Brendon on the block; Brendon is sent packing by a vote of 3-0.

*I need to pause for one second before I proceed in order to comment on Enzo’s performance in the competitions this evening. It’s almost comical how poorly he’s competing each week. Either he’s throwing the competitions (which I doubt) or he’s simply one of the most uncoordinated competitors we’ve ever had on the show. Although, having said that, the “Meow Meow” has positioned himself well within the house to make a run at the $500,000. He’s a likable guy, who seems to be a straight shooter — a characteristic that typically proves useful come finale night.

Back to the action — it’s Matt and Brendon making their way to the jury house this week. I can’t say that I’m surprised by either selection. We knew the writing was on the wall for Matt this week, despite several last ditch attempts to sway the house towards Ragan. I spoke with Matt after tonight’s show and he actually told me that turning his back on Ragan (if only for strategy) was his sole regret from his time inside the house.

With Matt’s departure, it’s easy to see how the three remaining members of the Brigade (Enzo, Lane and Hayden) could maintain a steady control over the house if they can keep winning. But one can only wonder which one of them will be first to flinch and set off on their own to form a new alliance outside of the Brigade. It’s clear that Lane and Britney have formed a bond over the last couple of weeks, but where does Ragan fit into the equation?

Tell me who you think is in jeopardy this week…is Ragan the odd man out, or will he be just the swing vote someone needs in order to pull a major power shift inside the house?

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

Way to go Britney! I know I keep saying it, but I’m shocked at her maturation as a player inside this game…she’s not just floating…she’s established herself as a power player. And, oh yeah, she’s the last remaining female. This could be a huge week for Britney depending on how the HOH shakes out and whether or not the Brigade remains three strong or continues to splinter.

In my opinion, I believe Britney and Lane are playing the best games inside the house. Britney is a feisty survivor who is using her sweet, southern charm to stay alive while Lane is playing the most quiet game ever for a strong, athletic competitor. Either one of them could be tough to beat in the end.

For all future Big Brother contestants – ease up on the “shout outs.” I know everyone misses their friends and families, but it seems that this cast in particular has to say hello to their mom or girlfriend each time before pleading their case to the house as to why they should not be evicted. Although, I did like Enzo’s anniversary wishes to his wife…nice touch “Meow Meow.”

Despite tonight’s eviction, I commend Brendon for his staying power. I can’t remember a Houseguest being this targeted since day 1 and being able to muster up just enough each week to survive. And he actually wears the bald head look well.

We might establish a new record for PDA inside the jury house this week with the impending “Brenchel” reunion.

QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Britney regarding her allies: “I like what I see from my army.”

Lane regarding hecklers: “I wish we had hecklers. We did have them — Rachel and Brendon.”

Brendon on life inside the house: “It’s a really nice version of prison.”

FUN COMPETITION FACTOID:

“Big Brother Zoo” – Power of Veto Competition:

There were 11 animals in the Big Brother Zoo. 3 penguins, 1 camel, 1 ape, 1 snake, 1 turtle, 1 lion, 1 elephant, 1 alligator and 1 rubber duck. There were 16 total signs including the Houseguest’s name placards which were visible in the Big Brother Zoo. Some of the funny signs included CAUTION: PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE HUMANS. 48 bars were used in each of the Big Brother cages.

That’s all for this week. Who are you rooting for to win this week’s HOH? Will the remaining Brigade members maintain a united front till the end or was Matt’s departure just the beginning of the destruction? Sound off below.

Until next week…

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/27/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-8/#more-93237

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 9

AMERICA…IT’S DOWN TO THE FINAL 4

I’m not sure which house had more drama this week — the jury house or the Big Brother house?

We witnessed some serious fireworks at the jury house when Matt came clean and told Kathy, Brendon and Rachel that his wife isn’t really sick.  I’m not sure why he decided to come clean at this time as he could have easily waited till after the show or even dropped that bomb during the finale.  Whatever his reasoning, I haven’t seen that many jaws on the floor in some time.  It almost seemed as if Matt was harboring some guilt for that lie and needed to put it all on the table.

What do you think?  Was it a questionable strategy on Matt’s behalf or would you employ similar tactics during the game to advance further?  Tell me below!

Ragan put up a valiant effort to manipulate votes from Lane and Britney this week, but in the end the loyalty of the “Brigade” was simply too strong.  However, he seemed to be in fairly good spirits after the show considering he was just ousted.  He departed the house still suspicious of an all-male alliance consisting of Lane, Enzo and Hayden — and he assumed his BFF Matt was also associated with them in some capacity.

Looking ahead — this is typically the point in the game when strategy switches from survival mode to collecting votes from the jury members.  I’m not sure Lane is making the wisest decision by choosing to align himself with Britney en route to the finale. I know she supposedly doesn’t have many friends in the jury house, but someone like Britney could always garner those “perseverance” votes.  Of the remaining four, she has clearly had to claw her way to this point in the game, while the three “Brigade” members have essentially relied on outnumbering their competition.  If I’m in the jury house, I might admire that perseverance.

If Lane and Enzo make it to the final two, who do you think deserves it more?  Tell me below.  Both have played fairly conservative games, flying under the radar from day one.

At this point it’s hard to predict who has set themselves up best among the jury members to win their votes.  It’s a toss up for me…

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

*   The endless dance-a-thon that took place in the house courtesy of Pandora ‘s Box might be one of the most clever punishments Big Brother has ever devised.  I call for that to be a permanent rule inside the house – whenever Houseguests hear music they are required to break into dance.  Unless we have to watch Hayden dance.

*   Kudos to Enzo for out lasting the Big Brother “costume curse” – and for finally winning a competition.  Good timing.

*   I know I’ve been predicting the imminent demise of the “Brigade,” but I must give credit where credit is due.  They’ve advanced to the final two weeks of the game with only one casualty to date and those are numbers you simply can’t argue.  They aligned early and stayed strong throughout.

*   Is it just me or does it seem that the Houseguest’s final pleas during our LIVE eviction shows are growing increasingly warm and fuzzy?  I’m not sure that I could muster up the phrase “I love all of you” as they’re ripping $500,000 from my pocket.

QUOTE OF THE SEASON:

*   I selected this as the quote of the season (up to this point) as it so clearly reflects the personality of the person delivering the line.
*   Enzo regarding his lifestyle in the house: “I only took three naps today.”

Just a reminder to everyone that our schedule is a little different next week – eviction show on Wednesday night (Final 3 will be revealed) and as always a LIVE show on Thursday, but no eviction.  And for all you crazy “zingbot” fans out there…I was just told EW will have an interview with the infamous “Zingbot” during finale week.  Stay tuned for that…till next week.

http://popwatch.ew.com/

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
I wasn't too thrilled when Jonny Fairplay pretended that his grandmother had passed away on Survivor Pearl Islands, so I'd be more on the side of those that think it's questionable.  Some people are willing to use that kind of lie and it's permissible in the context of the game -- I just feel it's a line that shouldn't be crossed and I wouldn't do it.  Still, I'd be willing to lie if I had to.

Belle Book

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »
I don't know what is in Matt's head but it struck me when he told Rach, Kathy and Brendon that he lied, it was to get it out to the viewers. He seems quite proud of himself and apparently no remorse for what he did. What he heard from Kathy is just the tip of the iceberg for him.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 08:52:48 AM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 10

Here we go…69 days into the season and we’re less than a week away from crowning this summer’s Big Brother champion. I can honestly say that at this stage of the game I have no idea which of the remaining three Houseguests will take home the prize. The only thing we know for certain is that it will be one of our Brigade alliance members.

Lane, Enzo and Hayden have six more days to compete, backstab and strategize their way into the $500,000 prize, which will be awarded during next Wednesday’s two-hour season finale.

But first…I was sad to see Britney, our last remaining female in the game, take a ride to the jury house this week. I feel a little sorry for her given the tension mounting inside the jury house – she’s walking into a firestorm now that Rachel and Ragan have been reunited. Britney was truly a tough competitor who should be proud of surviving for as long as she did within a season dominated by men.

Here’s a quick overview/preview of our three finalists as we head into our final week:

Hayden:
Hayden seems to be hitting his stride just at the right time. He’s been playing a strong mental game the entire season, but he’s clearly saved the best for last in terms of his physical play in competitions. I also believe he’s standing on pretty solid ground with many of the jury members, which means he could be tough to beat if he makes it to the final two.

Enzo:
There was no better moment to summarize a Houseguest’s play this season than when we saw Enzo eating soup on the sideline while Hayden and Lane battled it out during the first part of this week’s HOH. That pretty much says it all in terms of Enzo’s physical prowess this season. Having said that, Enzo is a likable guy who has played a strong social game and therefore he could garner just enough votes to carry him to a victory.

Lane:
Lane adopted a similar strategy to Hayden throughout the course of the season. He also demonstrated a strong social game — flying under the radar without ruffling too many feathers — and now seems to be stepping it up in competitions. If Lane makes it to the final two against Enzo, I could see him winning this game. However, if he’s seated next to Hayden in the final two, he has a tougher road ahead of him.

The stage is set for a thrilling competition next Wednesday night as Lane and Hayden square off for the final (and most important) HOH of the summer. It seems fitting that Enzo will once again be sitting on the sidelines…you know I love ya Meow, Meow!

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

*I honestly might have nightmares about those Frankenstein photos we saw during tonight’s part 2 HOH. The mashup of Matt and Britney was especially disturbing.

*It’s fascinating to watch Ragan and Rachel when they are near one another. You can literally see them sizing each other up, while both wait for the other to make the first move so that they can start yelling at one another.

*Who is your pick for America’s Favorite Houseguest this season? Tell me below.

*Just heard a rumor that the Big Brother Zingbot is making an encore appearance during next week’s season finale. Love that Zingbot!

QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Hayden — “The brigade is dead…it’s every man for himself.”

Enzo on life after Big Brother — “I may just hold my baby so that the Houseguests don’t punch me in the face.”

That’s it for this week. Remember we have a special clip show on Sunday night and the LIVE two-hour season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 15 where we’ll find out who the jury feels played the best game and is worthy of walking away with $500,000 in their pocket.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/10/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-10/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 11

I can’t believe this is my final blog for season 12.  What an amazing summer it has been.  After 75 days, 28 competitions and 11 evictions, the summer of the “Brigade” officially came to an end last night as Hayden emerged victorious after narrowly besting his fellow grenade launcher, Lane, by a vote of 4-3.

I think it’s worth acknowledging the rare feat that we were treated to this summer — one that is almost unheard of in the world of reality television.  When have you ever seen an alliance formed in the early stages of a game stay intact to the very end?   The members of the “Brigade” alliance got together early, stayed loyal throughout the entire season (with the exception of evicting Matt), wisely made side alliances in the off chance they needed them, and survived week-to-week despite lackluster physical performances by several members.  That’s pretty impressive any way you slice it.  Kudos to the “Brigade” for a well played and entertaining season.

Here’s what I think Matt’s inner monologue sounded like last night during the live finale: “Are you freaking kidding me?  How am I, the brains of the ‘Brigade,’ sitting in the audience watching the beast, the meow, meow and the animal competing for the $500,000 prize?” I would imagine that’s a serious blow to Matt’s ego, as he was the self-appointed mastermind behind one of the most dominant alliances in Big Brother history.  And rather than competing against his brethren for the grand prize, he was sent packing.

On a better note…I was happy that Britney won the “Fan Favorite” award last night.  She was a true competitor who played a terrific game and was always reliable for a classic sound bite.

I thought I would switch it up a bit for my final blog and give you my “Top 5 Moments” from this season (in no particular order).  Here we go:

- Rachel returns to the house for 24 hours after being evicted and has two raging blowouts with Ragan (I think the “Ratress” was in over her head when she waged war with a communications professor).

- 12 hours of dancing courtesy of Pandora’s Box (one of my favorite moments ever on Big Brother).

- “The Neanderthal Fight” when Brendon and Britney fought in the backyard (Britney’s coming out party).

- Matt using the Diamond Power of Veto to save himself and blindsiding Kathy. (You gotta love a classic blindside “you big dummy.”)

- Rachel and Kristen fighting after the live show (one of the best cat fights in Big Brother history).

What do you think of my list of moments?  What did I miss?  What were your favorite moments?  Tell me below!

That’s it for this summer.  Thanks so much to everyone for such an amazing season.  You are without a doubt the most loyal and dedicated fans in all of television.  Thanks for helping to make this a Big Brother summer to remember. See you in 2011.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/16/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-11/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »
thanks Will for always posting these blogs! i looked forward to them after every eviction and now the finale!! !!

here's to you!  :keeta:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!