Author Topic: The Amazing Race 17 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread  (Read 123772 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 17 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 04:18:05 AM »
I got confused too. :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 07:54:30 AM »
Sorry...

The way I read it, they were just describing how long a show might take.

What was interesting was the six days without a hotel....that might be handy to figure out Phil's moves.... my guess right now would be the start line to Sweden.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »
It could still imply that this season is 13 episodes, though. But not likely.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
I'd say twelve legs is the best bet, and thirteen legs not very possible.

Let's first assume that teams headed directly from Bangladesh to Hong Kong. The first option of the day on the 12th fits in pretty nicely with the 2.45pm sighting:
5Z 101 from Dhaka to Bangkok, 0630-0930
TG 628 to Hong Kong, 1040-1430

According to the Muscat Airport spoiler, teams would have arrived in Dhaka on the 9th. That gives just a little too much time for them to be stuck in Dhaka until the morning of the 12th, but not enough for a leg in another country between Bangladesh and Hong Kong. May I propose the below, which gives us our twelve legs for the race?

Leg
Phil
Teams
Comments
England
27 May
27 May
First leg
Ghana I
28 May
29 May
-
Ghana II
30 May
30 May
Short leg
Sweden I
31 May
1 Jun
-
Sweden II
2 Jun
3 Jun
-
St Petersburg
4 Jun
5 Jun
-
Muscat
6 Jun
7 Jun
-
Bangladesh I
8 Jun
9 Jun
-
Bangladesh II
10 Jun
10 Jun
Short leg
Hong Kong
11 Jun
12 Jun
-
South Korea
13 Jun
14 Jun
-
Los Angeles
15 Jun
15 Jun
Final leg

No long legs in there, which means there isn't enough space to squeeze in an extra thirteenth leg unless there's a TBC somewhere.

Oh, Caelestor says there are eight countries in the Destinations thread; has this been confirmed by the press releases? Just trying to firm up that Sweden II is indeed so.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
press release: :lol:

This season's cast of Racers will travel over 32,000 miles, covering four continents and 30 cities, with first-time visits to Bangladesh, Ghana and the Arctic Circle.  Additionally, for the first time in the history of the Race, the Team to finish in first place during the premiere episode will be awarded a surprise, game-changing advantage.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 11:22:03 PM »
Thanks Peach! If eight countries hasn't been confirmed yet, I'll just leave open the possibility for Sweden II to be Norway or something...

Currently at 26217 miles, but you know how unreliable their mileages are, even after we calculate them at the end of the season...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:27:12 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:32 PM »
I just love the 30 cities! :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 12:42:30 AM »
Heh, CBS has been pretty liberal with the "cities" bit. Here's what they've given us in the past, not too bad in TAR 6 with 24 cities, but completely ridiculous in TAR 8, in which you have to consider places like Monument Valley and the Bonneville Salt Flats to be cities to rack the count up to 50...

TAR 6 (24 cities): Chicago, Keflavik/Reykjavik, Oslo, Honefoss, Stockholm, Sollentuna, Upplands Vasby, Dakar, Berlin, Eger, Budapest, Ajaccio, Calvi, L'Ile Rousse, Nice, Addis Ababa, Lalibela, Colombo, Galle, Kandy, Dambulla/Sigiriya, Shanghai, Xi'an, Honolulu

TAR 8 (50 cities): New York City, Washington Crossing, Philadelphia, Mount Joy, Lancaster, York, Washington DC, Middleburg (pop 600), Charleston, Huntsville, Anniston, Talladega, Hattiesburg, Richland, Madisonville (700), New Orleans, Panama City, Gamboa (very few), San Jose, San Pedro de Poas, Alajuela, Jaco, Quepos, Grecia, Phoenix, Chandler, Fountain Hills, Mesa, Grand Canyon Village, Page, Monument Valley, Moab, Green River (900), Heber City, Park City, Salt Lake City, Bonneville Salt Flats, Garden City (500), Big Piney (400), West Yellowstone, Jackson, Dubois, Cody, Red Lodge, Absarokee, Billings, Montreal, Toronto, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Lewiston

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 02:06:35 AM »
press release: :lol:

This season's cast of Racers will travel over 32,000 miles, covering four continents and 30 cities, with first-time visits to Bangladesh, Ghana and the Arctic Circle.  Additionally, for the first time in the history of the Race, the Team to finish in first place during the premiere episode will be awarded a surprise, game-changing advantage.

Are they referring to the Express Pass?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 08:04:13 PM »
Phil Keoghan: Lots of press interest in the new Amazing Race cast announced, some fantastic characters this season and a big surprise for all of them at the starting line on September 26th!

on Wednesday
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
At least we know that the surprise is not a Elimination at the Starting Line. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
new promo suggests a task..stay tuned!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »
Hi, I'd like to analyze the timeline. Legs 1-3 appear solid, so I'll start with Leg 4.

Leg 4: Teams will be in transit for most of 6/1, and they arrive in Kiruna pretty late...so I will propose that teams race on 6/2 after an overnight rest. Normal pitstop.

Leg 5: Teams race on 6/3. (I'm going to assume they stay in Kiruna.) Extended pitstop.

Leg 6: Takes place on 6/5. Teams will take DY3766 to Arlanda at 9:00, in time for the 10:00 flight to St. Petersburg. Normal pitstop.

Leg 7: Teams are in transit on 6/6 and race in Oman on 6/7. 24-hour pitstop.

Leg 8: Teams race through Dhaka on 6/9. Regular pitstop.

Leg 9: Teams race in Bangladesh on 6/10. Regular pitstop.

Leg 10: Teams race in HK on 6/12. 24-hour pitstop.

Leg 11: S. Korea, 6/14. Regular pitstop.

Leg 12: Finale, 6/15.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 12:16:52 AM »
Thanks Caelestor, I'd agree for the most part! But just two minor notes that might just come in useful later on:

If teams fly in from Frankfurt to Kiruna and take the most conservative connection options, they'd still arrive in Kiruna by 2.40pm, with plenty of time before nightfall in... about a month and a half's time. (No overnight rest then, eh? :lol:) I'm thinking the leg takes place on the afternoon of the 1st, and the next leg takes them away from Kiruna for a race on the 3rd.

I don't think any of the Pit Stops can be considered regular or 24-hour anymore; teams are simply released to get on the planes that production wants them to get on, so set times wouldn't play too big a part in working out their schedules...

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »
FYI, I have added a new category to the Safe From Elimination/Possibly Eliminated categories in the timeline (Post 1 in this thread). There is now a "Status Uncertain" category which means we have teams for which we have future "sightings" (e.g. Stephanie/Chad, Nick/Vicki) that at this point still need to be corroborated by more sources or photos.

One week, everyone!  :yess:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »
For the leg 1 summary, Katie & Rachel are listed in the "Status Uncertain" section. Shouldn't they be in the "Safe From Elimination at the End of Leg" section as they were photographed en route to Ghana?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
Yes, good pickup, thank you!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
Okay, i just read this and i figured out if Nick and Vicki were indeed spotted in Hong Kong.. i wonder how did they do it. :tup:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 06:41:54 AM »
Okay, i just read this and i figured out if Nick and Vicki were indeed spotted in Hong Kong.. i wonder how did they do it. :tup:

LOL yeah! I thought they'd be the first few teams gone. And I wonder if I saw it wrongly, but I actually thought that Connor and Jonathan would go really far, maybe fourth place. Now I'm thinking, maybe I interpreted or saw the spoilers wrongly lol. Now it looks like Connor and Jonathan are gone early? :(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 09:06:55 AM »

Maybe they got lost on the way to ES.
Matthew 7:15

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »

Since they raced alone,they maybe decoyed.

Offline RockChalkJhawk

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 05:46:21 PM »
Can anyone tell me if Brook & Claire are one of the three teams in the finale????

Thanks.  ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Welcome!

All the teams possible standings info is in the first post of this thread....enjoy!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

LOL yeah! I thought they'd be the first few teams gone. And I wonder if I saw it wrongly, but I actually thought that Connor and Jonathan would go really far, maybe fourth place. Now I'm thinking, maybe I interpreted or saw the spoilers wrongly lol. Now it looks like Connor and Jonathan are gone early? :(

And then you don't like them anymore! How could you, Ruth! :hearts:

Just kidding! But i think the final 3 teams are definitely Nat and Kat, Brooke and Claire and Jill and Thomas.. who incidentally would have been the 3 teams to come in top 3 for the first leg if Connor and Jonathan had not finished seconds before Brooke and Claire. :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »

Since they raced alone,they maybe decoyed.
I agree with weihen, although I would use the word probably instead of maybe. Any teams eliminated in the first 5 or 6 teams  do not go to Elimination Station, probably because they are in Asia for a west-to-east race and they are needed at times for decoy duty.