Author Topic: TAR 17 Destinations/Locations/New Promo Videos  (Read 102902 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Could this be the first PitStop?
The fort at Old Sarum
http://search.visitbritain.com/en-AU/Details.aspx?ContentID=133819

Discover the story of the original Salisbury and take the family for a day out to Old Sarum, 2 miles north of where the city stands now. The mighty Iron Age hill fort was where the first cathedral once stood and the Romans, Normans and Saxons have all left their mark.

Today, 5,000 years of history are told through graphic interpretation panels on site. Families, heritage lovers and walkers can enjoy a great value day out at Old Sarum- you could even bring a picnic and enjoy the fantastic views across the Wiltshire countryside. The gift shop has a delicious range of ice-creams and exclusive English Heritage gifts and produce. Wooden bows and arrows are also on sale to help the kids imagine what life was like all those years ago!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »
Do you have evidence for this...I am behind and stuck at work?? ???

If not, perhaps it can go to speculation?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »
The fort at Old Sarum

Discover the story of the original Salisbury and take the family for a day out to Old Sarum, 2 miles north of where the city stands now. The mighty Iron Age hill fort was where the first cathedral once stood and the Romans, Normans and Saxons have all left their mark.

Today, 5,000 years of history are told through graphic interpretation panels on site. Families, heritage lovers and walkers can enjoy a great value day out at Old Sarum- you could even bring a picnic and enjoy the fantastic views across the Wiltshire countryside. The gift shop has a delicious range of ice-creams and exclusive English Heritage gifts and produce. Wooden bows and arrows are also on sale to help the kids imagine what life was like all those years ago!

We should know soon enough:

on my way to the fort of old sarum
  half a minute ago  via web  

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »

Based on tweets from Joe Malley: http://twitter.com/joeyhort

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:28 PM »

There's a bunch of tweets that have come in from Stonehenge (No location listed for the tweeter, though. Use your spidey-sense, Peach!)

Most relevant to destinations are:

#    teams had to go to the world's oldest working clock tower to get their clue which said roadblock but not sure what that is     40 minutes ago  via web

# at the Salisbury Cathedral with teams from THE AMAZING RACE 17 wtf is a roadblock lol

-----

#    on my way to the fort of old sarum     half a minute ago  via web

# two teams just came out, they are headed to the fort of old sarum, girls wearing pink and guys wearing the colour orange

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »
Thanks guys!! You all are doing a wonderful job!! :jumpy:

Keep them coming....let's stay right with them!! Chills...can you ask the tweeter to desribe the teams? or link him to this thread? Pictures?? Just ONE person write, please....

Thanks again, I will be able to play after work.... :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

arun1125

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »
The fort at Old Sarum

Is This confirmed as the pit stop?

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
NVM
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:14:37 PM by Dawne »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »
Summarizing some incoming info:

Teams DEP Boston Logan using American Airlines 108 dep 7:15 PM arr 6:50 AM (first 3 teams)
and Virgin Atlantic 12 dep 7:45 PM arr 7:20 AM ( remaining 8 teams).

Destination: Heathrow, then on to STONEHENGE!! :hearts:

Oh wow, Stonehenge!  I'll love seeing the teams going there!

Belle Book

arun1125

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »

Teams DEP Boston Logan using American Airlines 108 dep 7:15 PM arr 6:50 AM (first 3 teams)

Belle Book

Is there any info to indicate the second leg has begun? Excpet for the topix link.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »

Belle Book

Is there any info to indicate the second leg has begun? Excpet for the topix link.
Perhaps.  An eyewitness claims he spotted the black guys in orange and a women's team in pink in Luxembourg's airport.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »
Well, I haven't gotten a response from this Australian tourist after a request for more info, but here is a little extra confirmation of Stonehenge (in case anyone was doubting):  :lol:

Saw Stonehenge this morning. Were filming the amazing race there.

I can confirm that this guy is 100% legit. :drama

Offline doctorj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »
I don't think Stonehenge was in doubt, but I can absolutely confirm the teams were headed there. I sat right next to them as they used my laptop to look up driving directions from Heathrow.

arun1125

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 01:44:16 PM »
Im surprised no British media has reported the first leg.

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 04:36:45 PM »
Im surprised no British media has reported the first leg.

The Amazing Race isn't that big a thing here in Britain. It's only shown on 2 really obscure channels that generally don't get many viewers and it's usually the same seasons over and over again.

arun1125

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:45 PM »
Ghana can be added as a location.

arun1125

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »
I doubt the media would pick up the race in Africa.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »

No it can not! Iti si still speculation. :pull  POSSIBLE only. Do you have a photo? A film permit? Several reliable sightings? A personal response that is trustworthy?

I think it is very likely, but that doesn't count. Don't jump ahead...right now we are fact finding. All in good time. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

arun1125

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2010, 07:38:17 PM »
Sorry!
Ghana can be presumably added!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »
:groan: :faint:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »
:groan: :faint:

You have such a tough job Peach!  But you do it awesome-ly!!  :thankyou:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
Sorry!
Ghana can be presumably added!

Until there are pictures that can confirm it, it's nothing but speculation.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »
Thank you Andy!! :hearts:

Amazing Race 17 now taping, cast identified, includes four beauty queens
The Amazing Race 17 »   
by Andy Dehnart / June 2, 2010, 3:26 PM 

The Amazing Race 17 started production a week ago today, and already, several of the teams and their destinations have been identified.

The teams were heavily photographed when the race began last Wednesday in Boston, which is a nice change from the series of Los Angeles starts. As always, the frighteningly resourceful Reality Fan Forum posters have identified several of the teams. (The site is also compiling sightings from around the world and possible eliminations in this timeline thread, which obviously contains spoilers.)

Continuing with the beauty queen kick that the producers seem to be on (Ericka, Caite), the cast includes not one but four beauty queens/pageant winners/whatever. Four! According to the site, they are Mallory Ervin, Miss Kentucky, who’s racing with her dad; Miss South Carolina Stephanie Smith, who’s paired with her boyfriend; and Mrs. Colorado 2009 Megan Yarberry and her friend Mrs. Nebraska 2009 Jennifer Hart.

Among the other racers is YouTube star KevJumba, Kevin Wu, is racing with his father, and a team of two Princeton grads who are members of the a cappella group the Nassoons. The University Press Club has details and interviews with Connor Diemand-Yauman and Jonathan Schwartz.

Read the full article here: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_17/2010_Jun_02_taping_teams
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »
Yep, we goofed. :(

Amazing Race 17 may only have two beauty queens after site retracts team ID

by Andy Dehnart / June 7, 2010, 2:32 PM

The web site that tracks and attempts to identify Amazing Race contestants has retracted its identification of two beauty queen contestants, which means there may be just two instead of four beauty queens on the 17th season.

A note posted in the cast identification thread says, “RFF regrets to say that this identification may be incorrect, so these names will be removed while we investigate further. We do sincerely apologize to both women if we have caused either them or their families any distress.” They’re no longer confident in their identification of Mrs. Colorado 2009 Megan Yarberry and her potential teammate, Mrs. Nebraska 2009 Jennifer Hart. The discussion of the possible misidentification goes into greater detail.

Full story here:
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_17/2010_Jun_07_team_retraction
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »
With three independent corroborations...seems like it is safe to add  Camp Casey, Doungduchon, Korea to the list.
RFF's Golden Rule: