Author Topic: News from the CBS Upfronts  (Read 4937 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
News from the CBS Upfronts
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:33:25 AM »
This is where we see where TAR will fall on the schedule..... expecting the Upfronts to be about 830 at Carneige Hall.

Meanwhile:

CBS cancels seven shows, including 'Ghost,' 'Case'
CBS is going to have some open slots for next season after all.

In a year where CBS was expected to only lose a few shows, the network has canceled four dramas and three comedies. 

Crime procedurals "Cold Case," "Ghost Whisperer" and "Numbers" will not be renewed for next season. Jerry Bruckheimer's drama "Miami Medical" is likewise canceled, as is fellow freshman "Accidentally on Purpose," which mainly aired in the network's Monday night comedy block. Veteran Wednesday night comedies "New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried" are also cancelled. 

The network picked up "Medium" and "Rules of Engagement" for next season, as expected.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/cbs-cancels-cold-case-numbers-miami-medical.html

So...no TAR 60 Minutes--Cold Case sandwich anymore...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:39:46 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: News from the CBS Upfronts
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:36:04 AM »
May 19, 2010
CBS fall schedule ...
After canceling seven shows yesterday, Wednesday's unveiling of the CBS fall schedule suddenly became a highly intriguing announcement: How will the network fill its lineup after picking up only six pilots? Will all the new shows air in the fall? Will any existing programs be expanded? Will a dark horse reality project (or two) sneak in?

CBS is conservative about its schedule. The network makes very calculated, deliberate moves. But this fall may have see interesting shifts.

Schedule coming around 8:30 a.m. ET ...

LINK
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:49:18 AM »
WOW...

SURVIVOR to move to Wed at 8PM!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:02:34 AM »
SUNDAY's at 8 for TAR :lol:

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM              60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE
9:00-10:00 PM            UNDERCOVER BOSS
10:00-11:00 PM           CSI: MIAMI

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:04:02 AM »
Wed at 8 for Survivor!

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM              SURVIVOR
9:00-10:00 PM            CRIMINAL MINDS 
10:00-11:00 PM        THE DEFENDERS 

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/cbs-fall-schedule-2010.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »

On Sunday, a winning crime drama moves to 10:00 PM to anchor one of TV's biggest nights.  The perennial #1 news magazine, 60 MINUTES, kicks off its 43rd season at 7:00 PM. The seven-time Emmy Award-winning series THE AMAZING RACE returns at 8:00 PM followed by the first full season of UNDERCOVER BOSS, TV's #1 new show at 9:00 PM, keeping intact a powerful reality block.  CSI: MIAMI provides the night's strongest 10:00 PM anchors in years. 

On Wednesday, CBS makes two strategic time period changes to bookend the night. SURVIVOR provides a potent lead-off hitter at 8:00 PM.  The sixth-year hit CRIMINAL MINDS remains at 9:00 PM, providing a strong lead-in to the new drama THE DEFENDERS, starring Jim Belushi and Jerry O'Connell, at 10:00 PM.

Full CBS Press announcement HERE
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
I thought Medium had already jumped the shark quite a few times. Ghost Whisperer was always a lost case :/
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:07:42 PM »
I'm really surprised by the Survivor move. CBS must think that the original TAR time slot of a decade ago will improve Survivor's demo numbers, otherwise it makes no sense.

-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
I'm really surprised by the Survivor move. CBS must think that the original TAR time slot of a decade ago will improve Survivor's demo numbers, otherwise it makes no sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense.  CBS had the umber one show on THursday 8pm slot (bya  significant margin) they are replacing it with a show that scored evenhigher on Monday, and are hoping they can branch coemdy on Thursday.

For years they have tried comedies on Wednesday with no real success.

Last year the 8-9pm timeslot was getting a 2.1-1.7 in the demo.  THey expect survivor to do a lot better then that.  They don't expect it to match what it got on Thursday but if it can hold 70% or more of its audience then it will still be a huge improvement on what they were getting on that night.

The idea is to always have a strong anchor for a night, the only night on M-Thursday that didn't was Wednesday.

The other option was for them to stick with comedy on Wednesday (with BBT and **** My Dad Says), but comedy hasn't been that strong and with only BBT being a tested show, it leaves more room for failure.  With the Comedies going to Thursday (an already strong night) it gives less chance for those shows to fail.  And with Survivor being a full hour it really helps gives the whole lineup of Wednesday a strong, strong anchor.

The moves CBS made (as we can't judge the new shows yet) is some of the best choices I have ever seen CBS make.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »
Another thing to remember while TAR 9 had trouble on Wednesday there were several other factors, multiple time slots, coming off of the very poorly received family edition, and the over all poor performance CBS had on Wednesday.  In fact TAR was still doing better then all but one other CBS show on Wednesday (the Unit I believe).  We also had 60 minutes II as our lead in a show that unlike 60 minutes never managed to get a large audience (let alone a young one). 

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
I know there's gonna be a conflict somewhere  with  one of my shows now that survivor is moving back to wed.

:lol3:  it's been soo long I don't remember it on wed. but i believe in the great peach's word!! :bow:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 04:55:32 PM »
I believe the original season of Survivor did in fact air on Wednesday nights in the summer of 2000.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:26:51 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »
I think that's the only season that did...gosh that was a long time ago! :o
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
WOW...

SURVIVOR to move to Wed at 8PM!!
Dang! Wednesday nights are so bad for me. :'(

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »
I believe that it doesn't matter which day Survivor comes on, the viewers will always follow.  It is a fantastic show and this season was the icing on the cake.  Survivor seems to be getting better and better every season.  It is a true icon.