Author Topic: S20 EP 12: A Sinking Ship  (Read 19281 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: S20 EP 12: A Sinking Ship
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »
I still don't understand why everyone is so down on Russell, it is no different than the way Pavarti plays, and I can not stand Sandra.  I would hate it if she wins, she has earned her villain status more than anyone else on this Survivor.

Strategically, there's little difference between the way Parvati plays and the way RussHell plays.  But socially, there's a world of difference.  Parvati understands that you need the social game, RussHell doesn't.  His ego demands that he been seen as a strategical genius, and in Survivor you need to either avoid being seen as the person in charge or if that's not possible, at least avoid getting a lot of blame for being in charge of the scheming and plotting.  In Cook Islands, Yul couldn't really avoid being seen as the person in charge but he could surround himself with people who were either more threatening than he was or were seen as less strategic than he was.  And he knew how to play the social game.  RussHell has no clue about how to play the social game, and thus he plays in ways that anger people.

Belle Book

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »
I still don't understand why everyone is so down on Russell, it is no different than the way Pavarti plays, and I can not stand Sandra.  I would hate it if she wins, she has earned her villain status more than anyone else on this Survivor.

Strategically, there's little difference between the way Parvati plays and the way RussHell plays.  But socially, there's a world of difference.  Parvati understands that you need the social game, RussHell doesn't.  His ego demands that he been seen as a strategical genius, and in Survivor you need to either avoid being seen as the person in charge or if that's not possible, at least avoid getting a lot of blame for being in charge of the scheming and plotting.  In Cook Islands, Yul couldn't really avoid being seen as the person in charge but he could surround himself with people who were either more threatening than he was or were seen as less strategic than he was.  And he knew how to play the social game.  RussHell has no clue about how to play the social game, and thus he plays in ways that anger people.

Belle Book

Also Todd and Parvati both play a scheming game, but both won against Amanda who played a clean, fair and respectable game. Because why? They knew how to put their social skills to play.

Poor Amanda, she was robbed twice. If she was in Natalie's season.. she would have won HANDS DOWN. :(

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 12:16:27 PM »
I'm definitely on the Heroes' side but for a moment I really wished Danielle hadn't been voted out so that the smirk would be wiped off Russell's face. Gosh, this guy will do anything to be in total control of the game eh. Doesn't he realise, he could manipulate people easily in Samoa as the contestants were all first-timers but this is All-Stars we're talking about, he's up against equally scheming players! He can't expect Parvati to be a dumb girl because she clearly isn't. Well, Parvati's playing him anyway and she's not afraid to do so. Can't wait for Russell to lose the whole game again. Hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
Press Releases:

ONE CASTAWAY MAKES A SURPRISING CHOICE THAT SENDS RIPPLES THROUGH THE TRIBE AND THREATENS TO COST SOMEONE THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, ON "SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS," THURSDAY, MAY 13         

"Loose Lips Sink Ships" - The final six get the chance to earn time with their loved ones in a fiercely fought reward challenge.  Desperate for options, the remaining heroes make an unexpected ally, hoping to turn the game around, on SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS, Thursday, May 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.