Archive > The Amazing Race 16 Spoilers/Speculation

Episode 9: East Coast live show updates and commentary

<< < (21/22) > >>

DrRox:
They can use whatever is in their bag.........they are searched before the race.......

Steve used the duct tape to keep from getting eliminated........and last race, Tiffany/Maria used a calculator one of them had packed.....

In every race there seems to be come kind of counting task........Michael was smart to pack his pitch counter.......

thespicdatum:
I agree with Hooky on the ticker/counter thing. The reason why there are nuances in the task such as the pounding and the loudspeaker announcement of numbers is distrtaction.

If you have a ticker, no amount of distraction will make you lose count.

With the use of the U-Turn, I love it for the reason I love the cowboys to win. lol

Mister RC:

--- Quote ---In every race there seems to be come kind of counting task........Michael was smart to pack his pitch counter.......
--- End quote ---

Good thing there's something people have learned from previous seasons!  Now, let's hope TPTB won't reward the contestants (for thinking ahead), by prohibiting such devices!

My personal take on the U-Turn (as it relates to the leg moreso than the race itself):

As far as the U-Turn went and whether it really was dumb of the models to use the U-Turn? I think it could go both ways. I think using the U-Turn on Jet/Cord would have been a better plan, as opposed to using it due to dislike (or because Mike/Louie said so). They're a huge threat and were at the same detour as the two rivals. OTOH, I think Brent/Caite targeting Carol/Brandy was fair enough, because a U-Turn on the Cowboys may not have been enough to eliminate them. Since the Cowboys went from last to first (with a Speed Bump, a TAR first) they might have done both and been able to make up enough time to sneak past someone.

All grudges aside, by U-Turning Carol/Brandy, an average team at best, it's better because they were present at the detour, and would more than likely get knocked out due to having to perform both tasks. Plus, they were so pissed, and that probably contributed to their downfall. Then there's Dan/Jordan & Louie/Michael, where by U-Turning those two would have been risky, as one of them could have performed the FF (and did).

WalterC:
I had a feeling Allan would appear in this show, as I'm sure, the producers would not pass up this opportunity while in his hometown.

While I like the Fast Forward itself, I pretty much sure the same feelings as others, as far as either have them in most legs or not at all.

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: thespicdatum on April 12, 2010, 01:02:19 AM ---If you have a ticker, no amount of distraction will make you lose count.

--- End quote ---

That's why bringing the ticker was a smart move

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version