The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Tonights Challenges for the Cowboys!

<< < (2/6) > >>

redwings8831:

--- Quote from: Rob on March 02, 2010, 10:07:23 PM ---There is a big difference when a production crew setup challenges that are tailored for a certain pair of cowboys. Its a difference of being prepared for something, and being setup to succeed. Thats my point on all of this!
--- End quote ---

Well, isn't the challenges decided upon when the route is made, which is usually way before the teams are chosen? So, unless the production knew that Jet/Cord were going to be on this race way in advance, I don't see anything special in their favor.

Hooky:

--- Quote from: redwings8831 on March 02, 2010, 10:15:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob on March 02, 2010, 10:07:23 PM ---There is a big difference when a production crew setup challenges that are tailored for a certain pair of cowboys. Its a difference of being prepared for something, and being setup to succeed. That's my point on all of this!
--- End quote ---

Well, isn't the challenges decided upon when the route is made, which is usually way before the teams are chosen? So, unless the production knew that Jet/Cord were going to be on this race way in advance, I don't see anything special in their favor.

--- End quote ---

I'll say this once again: the order these things are decided upon doesn't necessarily matter. They could have chosen Jet & Cord knowing ahead of time what the tasks would be, instead of choosing the tasks after Jet & Cord were cast. The order it was done in makes little difference. Now we have very little knowledge about how TPTB do a lot of their internal planning and such, so that makes this all the more possible, IMO.

Plus, with last season strongly favoring Maria & Tiffany and this season (so far) strongly favoring Jet & Cord, I'd say these occurrences are highly unlikely to be a coincidence. Is it really outside the realm of possibility that they could have been looking for a particular team with the right set of skills to win both of these races? I say no. It's a stupid, corrupt type of idea, but unfortunately, this world doesn't seem to be particularly full of "higher-up" people with integrity. :P

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: J-Squeeze on March 02, 2010, 10:28:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob on March 02, 2010, 10:07:23 PM ---There is a big difference when a production crew setup challenges that are tailored for a certain pair of cowboys. Its a difference of being prepared for something, and being setup to succeed. That's my point on all of this!
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'll say this once again: the order these things are decided upon doesn't necessarily matter. They could have chosen Jet & Cord based on the tasks, instead of choosing the tasks based on Jet & Cord. The order it was done in makes little difference. Plus, with last season strongly favoring Maria & Tiffany and this season (so far) strongly favoring Jet & Cord, I'd say this is highly unlikely to be a coincidence. I agree with Rob. It is ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

Ok, I've never understood exactly why everybody thinks the tasks were slated for Maria and Tiffany. Yes, the finale was in Vegas, but wasn't there an uproar about the "Male-centered" tasks when they got eliminated?

Hooky:

--- Quote from: Coutzy on March 02, 2010, 10:32:18 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'll say this once again: the order these things are decided upon doesn't necessarily matter. They could have chosen Jet & Cord based on the tasks, instead of choosing the tasks based on Jet & Cord. The order it was done in makes little difference. Plus, with last season strongly favoring Maria & Tiffany and this season (so far) strongly favoring Jet & Cord, I'd say this is highly unlikely to be a coincidence. I agree with Rob. It is ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

Ok, I've never understood exactly why everybody thinks the tasks were slated for Maria and Tiffany. Yes, the finale was in Vegas, but wasn't there an uproar about the "Male-centered" tasks when they got eliminated?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but that was a one-time occurrence, whereas many tasks related to luck and skill with counting seemed to appear on that race. The poker chips, the game show, and the gold weighing are a few examples, plus the finale being in Las Vegas. It was enough to make me suspicious. I'd be surprised if someone wasn't. Rarely have we had tasks in the past that fit the skills of a team more than once or twice a season.

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: J-Squeeze on March 02, 2010, 10:38:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on March 02, 2010, 10:32:18 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, but that was a one-time occurrence, whereas many tasks related to luck and skill with counting seemed to appear on that race. The poker chips, the game show, and the gold weighing are a few examples, plus the finale being in Las Vegas. It was enough to make me suspicious. I'd be surprised if someone wasn't. Rarely have we had tasks in the past that fit the skills of a team more than once or twice a season.

--- End quote ---

Luck tasks don't fit any team, so the gameshow can not have been designed for them (and even if it was, Maria was one of the worst racers at it) and counting is not a skill exclusive to poker. Had they reached the finale, then they almost certainly would have been able to count the 1 million in chips faster than any other team, because there ARE ways of counting chips that are very quick, which you learn if you play poker. There were other teams that were able to count the gold quickly as well, and it appeared to come down more to having a calculator and knowing how to use it than anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version