Author Topic: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)  (Read 91041 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP3: "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" (Argentina)
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2010, 07:10:11 PM »
It these viewpoints are the same (looks like it), then the Pious bros. are a few hours behind Team OK as well (judging by the shadows).

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »
I am so stealing your cute smilie!! :yess:

I don't know....as far as I know, it could still be any of the three teams.  Yes, even with the TV Guide pic. :lol:

But Joe and Heidi are nearly 3 hours behind the Cowboys...

Sooo..is that a good thing for JJ or are they still not out of the woods??

Have at any smilies i put here...

Greetings from Florida!Ha

AmazingDT

« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2010, 07:22:48 PM »
Heidi probably had trouble at the RB.  Im sure bus bunching will be in this episode. So Trouble at RB = bad bus departure
Bad bus departure + trouble at RB = J&H ELIMINATION :'(

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »
Is the card game played at the "Old Joint"?  Does every team have to play ? The brothers are seen doing Detour B and playing the card game right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
Here is the original info from Jebber:

Santiago was cool, but still a big city and only having a week left in South America, i wanted to see some Patagonia.  I looked into flights to El Calafate but they were supes expensive, so i went to the Bus station and hopped on a bus going south. On this bus was a camera crew and pairs of Americans that seemed to be working in teams.  A guy from one of the teams came to the back of the bus and asked if anyone spoke english.  Well next thing i know, he surreptitiously starts talking to me and asks if i knew where we were, where we were going, if i could change some currency for them and if i had any maps they could have.  Hmmmmmm putting 2 and 2 together i realized i was on a bus with the Amazing Race.  Well i helped the team, which was a father and daughter from SoCal, out as much as i could until they were off running, chased by cameras, looking for their rental car parked along some random st.

And then more here:

More great info from jebber!!  :thankyou: again!!

Cool Thanks, yeah the pick is of everyone grabbing their gear, teams and camera crews, as they were dropped off about an hour out of Bariloche. We were on a bus coming from Osorno. I think they were dropped around Villa de la Angostra, and they had to end up at some Bar called the Old Joint (although it must be a nickname cuz i couldnt find it). Their team was supposedly not doing too well. The Dad was Smitty, and him and his daughter were from San Diego. She goes to Pepperdine University. Thats all i remember.. oh and something about a poker game
Ciao

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.msg509129.html#msg509129

And where does this sheep farm fit in?? That's this week right? Where is it in reference to the tasks, Slowhatch or Boingo?? Could this be our Pitstop??

Estancia Fortín Chacabuco - Ruta 40  Km 2061 - Neuquén - Patagonia Argentina

http://www.estanciaspatagonicas.com/laestancia_en.htm

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »
Heidi probably had trouble at the RB.  Im sure bus bunching will be in this episode. So Trouble at RB = bad bus departure
Bad bus departure + trouble at RB = J&H ELIMINATION :'(

No no no.

Bus FIRST to Villa de Angostura.

Cars next....??play poker at old joint next?? (spec)

Then RB>>Detour and maybe then to our sheep farm??  :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »
Bringing this stuff over:

Here is another map link for the area if anyone can spot it better: Googling 2041 km didn't get me anywhere! :lol: General location foor exploring only, the "A" is another hotel.

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=d&saddr=-41.242885,-71.462567&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=-41.242788,-71.459563&sspn=0.009406,0.016136&ie=UTF8&ll=-41.228765,-71.427784&spn=0.079786,0.132523&t=h&z=13

is this it? ^^^^^^

Follow up Bariloche

Leopoldo Tiberi, responsible for communication of Tourism Promotion Combined Entity (Emprotur) from Bariloche, stressed that the implementation is an enormous promotional value. "

The Amazing Race (The Great Race), reality show competition of the American CBS network broadcast worldwide, recorded one of the stages in Bariloche, before continuing the filming in Germany, said the tourist promotional agency of the city .

The filming was done days ago on location on el río Limay River

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »
Did someone say sheep farm??

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »
The closest I could get is "Viejos Tiempos" (Old Times), a pub/cafe down a few km from the city center on the shore of Bahia Mansa. I can't get inside photos though, and as others have mentioned it might not be anywhere near VLA.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »
I don't have the exact match yet...but based on the paint and style I think it may be possible that the RB takes place on our sheep farm...Estancia Fortín Chacabuco

Compare Jeff to two pics from their website:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2010, 08:49:22 PM »
Looks like it to me...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2010, 08:56:26 PM »
Okay..here is the original article. Does it sound like they STAY at the sheep farm?? ???

Tourism | Promotion
The Amazing Race recorded in Bariloche
"The city becomes the scene of mega productions for international television, highlighted from the EMPROTUR. The Amazing Race recorded a stage in San Carlos de Bariloche, before continuing in Germany.

With an estimated audience of over one hundred and twenty million viewers, the program again put the city as the scene of mega productions for the CBS signal. In a huge promotional value included recording locations on the Rio Limay and stay Fortin Chacabuco. It is the second time in four years that the producers of the largest program of skills in the world reality format, choose to Bariloche as a backdrop for their productions.

The Amazing Race (The Great Race) is a Reality Show, multiple Emmy winner and is usually given at one-hour episodes in which teams of two or four members around the world are competing against other teams. The CBS program and issued by AXN in Latin America has been on the air since 2001 and has recently completed its thirteenth season. The show is hosted by New Zealander Phil Keoghan and was created by Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster. It has been awarded the Primetime Emmy (the most watched slot) in the category "Outstanding Reality Program / Competition" every year since the category was created in 2003 to date.

Original:

Con una audiencia estimada de más de ciento veinte millones de telespectadores, el programa vuelve a poner a la ciudad como escenario de mega producciones para la señal CBS. De un enorme valor promocional la grabación incluyó locaciones sobre el Rio Limay y la estancia Fortín Chacabuco. Es la segunda vez en cuatro años que los productores del mayor programa de competencias en formato reality del mundo, elije a Bariloche como escenario para sus producciones.

Can anyone do a better translation please??

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.anbariloche.com.ar/fotos/foto8703.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.anbariloche.com.ar/noticia.php%3Fnota%3D11904&usg=__rEvcejZEiEFTP9rIskH9r-fWVX8=&h=272&w=428&sz=17&hl=en&start=158&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=veSE7H0xcok3sM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3DEstancia%2BFort%25C3%25ADn%2BChacabuco%26start%3D147%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4ADRA_enUS340US340%26ndsp%3D21%26tbs%3Disch:1
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2010, 09:13:59 PM »
Is the card game played at the "Old Joint"?  Does every team have to play ? The brothers are seen doing Detour B and playing the card game right?

I was thinking that this was a route info, maybe even a get a gnome stop. Jebber said that Steve and Allie needed to find the "old Joint"...and there was something about a poker game.

The only other possibility would be if this was a FF...and for some reason Dan and Jordan couldn't do it, and then we see them at polo. I think it is unlikely, but possible. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »
The closest I could get is "Viejos Tiempos" (Old Times), a pub/cafe down a few km from the city center on the shore of Bahia Mansa. I can't get inside photos though, and as others have mentioned it might not be anywhere near VLA.

Is that this place?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2010, 09:24:35 PM »
This is the OLD TIMES place in Villa de A... from my link upstream. Have no idea where this is though...

Viejos Tiempos Old Times  Bv.Nahuel Huapi 2136 - local 3 Cel: 15-512459

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »
Well......I just ran into the bandit that was receiving all the gold from Jordan(JJ):

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2010, 09:34:52 PM »
That's the one (second one): source page with map link.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »
Nice!! I wish we could find a picture....

I NEED a pretty map with the sheep farm, the bus drop-off, and the detour locations...I am having a hard time visualizing the distances. :lol:

Seems like we have both detours, a starting point. and a maybe roadblock.....

But where is the MAT? :duno: If the RB came last, it would make sense if it was at Chacobuca...but if the RB is first...then where?? Would they send them into Bariloche after all?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
That sheepfarm(RB) sure doesn't look like a great PitStop....Do they all stay in the barn??? Or is there another place near that farm??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »
Well if the RB is first as we have speculated, it can't be either the MAT OR where they stay the night. But they have cottages, not enough for everyone though.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
Well if the RB is first as we have speculated, it can't be either the MAT OR where they stay the night. But they have cottages, not enough for everyone though.

Then wouldn't that rule that out as a PitStop?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2010, 10:20:12 PM »
I remember that teams spent the night at the Panamericano Hotel in Bariloche.

And here's your map, Peach! Kind of gives you a good idea of the order of tasks, if they try to avoid excessive backtracking...

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:25:16 PM by Neobie »

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »
Looks like the cowboys are way ahead, yes?

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
OK, the Previews on CBS.com say"That the racers are steered off course, when they can't rope one"...

Does that mean that maybe they have to follow a compass in the desert as a penalty if they don't rope the steer? Or have to do another task??? And take longer??? Maybe that is why the times are sooo different at the polo horse area???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2010, 11:45:52 PM »
No the compass is part of the detour... we think     :duno:

RFF's Golden Rule: