Author Topic: TAR7: Susan Vaughn & Patrick Vaughn - Mother/Son  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
TAR7: Susan Vaughn & Patrick Vaughn - Mother/Son
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:29:05 AM »
Okay, since we're in the off-season, and spoilers seem slim, I thought I'd create a little diversion for us. Let's discuss the teams from a past season who don't have threads. How about TAR 7?

SUSAN & PATRICK
Mother / Son

Susan & Patrick are the first mother/son Team in the history of THE AMAZING RACE. Susan is from Hamilton, Ohio and Patrick lives in Hollywood, California. Susan is the Director for Judicial Affairs for Miami University in Ohio and Patrick is a writer. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to see the world with each other and have stories to share for the rest of their lives.

Susan has been married to Patrick’s father for 34 years and also has a daughter, Elizabeth. She earned her college degree as a “non-traditional” student, since she was a mother at the time. She enjoys shopping, gardening and traveling and describes herself as stylish, demanding and prepared.
Patrick says he is extremely close with this family, and they’ve always been very supportive of him, including when he told them he was gay. However, his mother disagreed with his decision to drop out of college (Miami U) 30 credits shy of his degree. Patrick describes himself as Machiavellian and strategic.

Both are avid fans of the show and watch it religiously. As Susan tells it, “We want to play! He is the competitive one, and we are the perfect Team!”
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR7: Susan Vaughn & Patrick Vaughn - Mother/Son
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »
<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »
I didn't like them at all. And Patrick was so whiny.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 02:48:27 AM »
I didn't like them at all. And Patrick was so whiny.
I disliked them and Lynn & Alex to some extent because they were nothing more than Romber-haters
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline whoistheg

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »
Agreed..

I just started to watch S7 and all these people worrying and stressing about Rob/Amber
why bother. Just run your own race and get over it.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 12:21:36 AM »
Susan & Patrick just didn't seem competitive enough to me. Patrick should have had a better attitude rather than concluding that all was lost on Leg 4.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 05:39:59 AM »
Susan & Patrick just didn't seem competitive enough to me. Patrick should have had a better attitude rather than concluding that all was lost on Leg 4.
They seemed competitive enough on the first two legs.  They seemed to lose it all after their near-elimination on the third leg.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
They seemed competitive enough on the first two legs.  They seemed to lose it all after their near-elimination on the third leg.

True. I agree with that.

Offline whoistheg

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
What i did find funny was they edited it to show that Patrick ate all the meat in Ep3

According to Wikipedia he did quit but i guess he realised that no extra team would come
so he may as well slog away eating the meat..

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »
What i did find funny was they edited it to show that Patrick ate all the meat in Ep3

According to Wikipedia he did quit but i guess he realised that no extra team would come
so he may as well slog away eating the meat..

He ate all the meat, but before Debbie & Bianca came, he pretended that he was going to quit. He never actually did.