Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations  (Read 258214 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations : Shanghai Elimination
« Reply #550 on: January 28, 2010, 07:08:08 PM »

I am both pleased and very saddened to be able to update you on our Shanghai leg. Pleased because it is great information, saddened because it re-confirms what we already expected about the Philimination.. :'(

Slowhatch found a wonderful blog written by swoonist, who is currently working, living, and studying in Shanghai.

She wrote (in the process of showing a friend around Shanghai):

We spent one day doing the touristy things of Shanghai.  We went over to Lujiazui to see the Pearl Tower and to go up the Shanghai World Financial Center building - currently the third tallest building in the world (according to wiki).  It’s the one that many of us think looks like a ‘bottle-opener’. After wandering about Lujiazui for a bit and grabbing a late lunch at Din Tai Fung, we eventually made it to the Riverside Promenade so that we could get a look across the river to the Bund on the Puxi side. We are standing around in the freezing cold, next to the freezing cold river when THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED!

A few people run past us. The first thing that runs through my mind was, “oh no, they’re trying to steal my purse!” And then we saw the camera crew. Second thought that runs through my mind, “ITS THE AMAZING RACE!” Well, that was my theory at least.  I’ve always thought it would be pretty cool if I came across the Amazing Race during my time abroad. Michelle and I start running after them and ask them what they were filming for and the guy answers with the two coolest words, “Amazing Race.”

OH. MY. GOODNESS. At this point I couldn’t believe what was happening before my eyes. Ultimately, we found the pit stop for this leg of the race and waited around long enough to:

1.    see two teams check in. Including the last team to arrive. I have no idea whether it was a non-elimination leg or not though
    2.    see one of the world’s tallest men. He’s a Chinese man and quite tall. Though I heard soon after that he just recently lost his title to someone else. He needed walking canes to help him stand though.
    3.    see the production crew of The Amazing Race.
    4.    see Phil, the host.
    5.    say “hi, I love this show” and get a photo with Phil.

The crew in charge of keeping the area clear of bystanders was nice enough to let Michi and I stand around. I believe they let us because they could tell we weren’t locals from our American accents and probably figured we could do no harm. Truth is, some Chinese locals will treat you differently once they know you’re a foreigner ... even if we are ethnically Chinese.

After that cold, amazing experience, Michi and I headed across the Huangpu River back to Puxi where we grabbed some dinner and took a walk down Nanjing Road. It’s just a shopping street but at night it’s all lit up and you can people watch. Weather: still cold

You can read much more about her experiences here:
http://swoonist.livejournal.com/124177.html

She is an absolute delight, and has very kindly responded to my huge list of questions, and graciously shared not only her story but her photos as well...so the credit for all of this goes to swoonist, with a big :ty from all of us.

She replied:

The Pit Stop was on the Pudong side of the river (Lujiazui) along the Riverside Promenade. The exact location was the area that is directly in front of the Starbucks and Shangri-la Hotel. I saw them on Saturday, December 19 around 6pm-8pm (China time). The tall Chinese guy was the greeter. I hope this information helps you guys out with your TAR timeline.

Thanks to slowhatch, here's an Interactive map link with the starbucks

She also adds:

While they were waiting for the team to arrive, Phil would help hold up the protective covering to keep the Chinese greeter warm. Since the Pit Stop was right next to the river and it was a really cold winter night, there were a few helpers who would help cover the greeter (probably not in perfect health due to his large body frame) from the cold.

She was incredibly fortunate in being able to obtain some photographs, and has shared those with us!! :hearts: I have lightened and brightened them a bit so we can see better...

The first was taken in between the second to the last team and the last team to arrive. And the rest were pictures of Phil talking to the last team to arrive.  All photos were taken after the second to last team had already checked in and left the area.  My friend and I ran up to the area just as the second to last team were hugging each other and speaking to Phil.

The last team then arrived:

The exif data for the first photo reads 12/19/09 at 18:55:40

From swoonist:
I dont have many pictures to show because they initially refused to let us take photos. ........  So I was only able to get pictures of the last team to the Pit Stop.  In the photos, you will see the Chinese greeter (in full costume), Phil, and the male/male team that I think is Louie and Michael (tall and short males).  The photo was taken just before the last team arrived and after they had "checked-in" and Phil has that short conversation with them.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #551 on: January 28, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
I dont have many pictures to show because they initially refused to let us take photos.......So I was only able to get pictures of the last team to the Pit Stop.  

SO the next big question is WHO was the first team that swoonist saw?? Which was the second to last team to arrive, hence becoming the third place team in the Shanghai leg, and one of the Final Three.

I referred her to some team photos:, and she replied:

The last 2 teams to check in were both male/male teams. Judging from the CBS website of the cast, I would say that the second to the last team was Daniel and Jordan and the last team was Louie and Michael. The second to the last team to check in were male/male and they weren't wearing cowboy hats (my assumption is that the cowboy team wears their hats throughout the race? I have no idea, haha). This second to the last team actually ran past my friend and me, but they ran in the wrong direction because a few minutes later they doubled back in the direction of the Pit Stop. The last team to check in was a tall male and a shorter male. They arrived at the Pit Stop almost 2 hours after the team before them. It seemed like Phil talked to the last team for quite awhile.

I think that is all that I have. I only saw the Pit Stop area and none of the tasks.

All photos were taken after the hatless m/m team had already checked in and left the area.  My friend and I ran up to the area just as the hatless m/m team were hugging each other and speaking to Phil.

She and I have discussed again which team it could have been. It is definitely a "hatless" M/M team, and based on photos, she believes seems more likely to be Jordan and Daniel.

We discussed if the cowboys could have been hatless and where they would have put them, if so. :lol:

She did say:
Sorry I don't have pictures of any more teams.  But the other team I saw were definitely m/m and they didn't have any cowboy hats on. Maybe they decided to take their hats off during that part of the race? It was a little windy near the river and maybe they didn't want their hats to fly off?

So I think as the show airs, we can all watch to see how the "cowboys" handle their hats, and if they indeed wear them all the time. If so, then the last team seen checking into the final three becomes Jordan and Daniel. Until then, the team is the "hatless M/M team".

Some miscellaneous info:

The buildings behind them are part of a group of buildings known as "The Bund" in Shanghai.  They are located on the Puxi (Western) side of the Huangpu River.  So the brightly lit buildings you see are across the river.  There should be information about them on wikipedia. The Pit Stop was on the Pudong (Eastern) side of the Huangpu River in the Lujiazui area (where the Oriental Pearl Tower, Jin Mao Tower, the Shanghai World Financial Center and Super Brand Mall are).

wiki info on the Bund: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bund

Possible building behind from slowhatch:
I see something here, across the river from the starbucks; it has a similar shape, but the name translates only as "new bund building."

It's south of the Mcbain building. Look at the building with the cupolas next to the Attica nightclub.

I wondered if it could be:
Russo-Chinese Bank Building (No. 15, The Bund) is now the Shanghai Foreign Exchange. 

Here's the English and translated Chinese version (click the thumbnail to enlarge). It's not big enough to be listed with Emporis, but I found a streetview for you. And here's a shot of the Starbucks taken from the ShangriLa hotel.

And also wondered if this was the greeter:
Could this be the tallest man??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bao_Xishun
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:19:46 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #552 on: January 28, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
That is sad!   :'(

Here is our greeter:  Bao Xishun who is quite famous

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #553 on: January 28, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »
It is sad. And seeing that he probably suffers from sort of a pituitary problem causung gigantism, and has skeletal problems, both slowhatch and I thought it seems rather cruel to have him waiting for hours there in the cold. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »
is a herdsman from Inner Mongolia, China, who was recognized by Guinness World Records as one of the world's tallest living men.

Online redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #555 on: January 28, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »
is a herdsman from Inner Mongolia, China, who was recognized by Guinness World Records as one of the world's tallest living men.

Yes, I saw that word for word in wikipedia also. :tup:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »
The penultimate leg takes place at night. Sound familiar?

This means two legs in Shanghai, right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »

This means two legs in Shanghai, right?
Yes...refer to the Timeline thread for that discussion...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #558 on: January 28, 2010, 11:26:11 PM »
It never rains but it pours....having an interesting spoiler day!! :yess:

Back on Dec 2, there was a FB post that said:

ran into the Amazing Race today on the way to Bariloche, gave a team my map, now i don't know where the *** i am. December 2, 2009 at 6:46pm

I promptly wrote him, asked about the where/when/what/who of the sighting, and then never heard back.

Turns out that is becasuse he is on the road on a fabulous round the world journey...

Anyway,  just got a message that his blog had been updated with a description of the events and two photos. So enjoy!!

Santiago was cool, but still a big city and only having a week left in South America, i wanted to see some Patagonia.  I looked into flights to El Calafate but they were supes expensive, so i went to the Bus station and hopped on a bus going south. On this bus was a camera crew and pairs of Americans that seemed to be working in teams.  A guy from one of the teams came to the back of the bus and asked if anyone spoke english.  Well next thing i know, he surreptitiously starts talking to me and asks if i knew where we were, where we were going, if i could change some currency for them and if i had any maps they could have.  Hmmmmmm putting 2 and 2 together i realized i was on a bus with the Amazing Race.  Well i helped the team, which was a father and daughter from SoCal, out as much as i could until they were off running, chased by cameras, looking for their rental car parked along some random st.  Bariloche is where i ended up and where i stayed till it was time to head back to Santiago for my flight to New Zealand.  It’s an picturesque mtn town nestled amongst lakes, forests, and peaks in the lakes district of Argentina, and the weather there was spectacular. 

There is a pic of Steve and Alli I believe, and one of a group of racers looking as though they are rearranging their gear...

Will link to the blog and the pics...it is halfway down the 1/24 post!! :hearts:

Thanks jebber!! :waves:

http://earthtojebber.com/

So....Teams travel by bus Santiago to Bariloche on 12/2..... or somewhere in between?? ??? Slowhatch has pointed out that while Jebber went to Bariloche, teams could have exited before hand. per slowhatch, there doesn't seem to be any direct lines Santiago-Bariloche; bus passengers connect to another service in Osorno or Puerto Montt and make the final leg to Bariloche.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:23:48 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2010, 01:16:31 AM »
[ Notice all the minders they have on the ridgeline watching for outsiders. Chateau.  :lol:

Fixed.  ;)

Thanks for the location!!  :jumpy:

:lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2010, 03:15:11 AM »
So....Teams travel by bus Santiago to Bariloche on 12/2..... or somewhere in between?? ??? Slowhatch has pointed out that while Jebber went to Bariloche, teams could have exited before hand. per slowhatch, there doesn't seem to be any direct lines Santiago-Bariloche; bus passengers connect to another service in Osorno or Puerto Montt and make the final leg to Bariloche.

More great info from jebber!!  :thankyou: again!!

Cool Thanks, yeah the pick is of everyone grabbing their gear, teams and camera crews, as they were dropped off about an hour out of Bariloche. We were on a bus coming from Osorno. I think they were dropped around Villa de la Angostra, and they had to end up at some Bar called the Old Joint (although it must be a nickname cuz i couldnt find it). Their team was supposedly not doing too well. The Dad was Smitty, and him and his daughter were from San Diego. She goes to Pepperdine University. Thats all i remember.. oh and something about a poker game
Ciao
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »
It never rains but it pours....having an interesting spoiler day!! :yess:

Back on Dec 2, there was a FB post that said:

ran into the Amazing Race today on the way to Bariloche, gave a team my map, now i don't know where the *** i am. December 2, 2009 at 6:46pm

I promptly wrote him, asked about the where/when/what/who of the sighting, and then never heard back.

Turns out that is becasuse he is on the road on a fabulous round the world journey...

Anyway,  just got a message that his blog had been updated with a description of the events and two photos. So enjoy!!

Santiago was cool, but still a big city and only having a week left in South America, i wanted to see some Patagonia.  I looked into flights to El Calafate but they were supes expensive, so i went to the Bus station and hopped on a bus going south. On this bus was a camera crew and pairs of Americans that seemed to be working in teams.  A guy from one of the teams came to the back of the bus and asked if anyone spoke english.  Well next thing i know, he surreptitiously starts talking to me and asks if i knew where we were, where we were going, if i could change some currency for them and if i had any maps they could have.  Hmmmmmm putting 2 and 2 together i realized i was on a bus with the Amazing Race.  Well i helped the team, which was a father and daughter from SoCal, out as much as i could until they were off running, chased by cameras, looking for their rental car parked along some random st.  Bariloche is where i ended up and where i stayed till it was time to head back to Santiago for my flight to New Zealand.  It’s an picturesque mtn town nestled amongst lakes, forests, and peaks in the lakes district of Argentina, and the weather there was spectacular.  

There is a pic of Steve and Alli I believe, and one of a group of racers looking as though they are rearranging their gear...

Will link to the blog and the pics...it is halfway down the 1/24 post!! :hearts:

Thanks jebber!! :waves:

http://earthtojebber.com/

Peach,
Note that jebber said "Bariloche is where I ended up." and that he does not say that teams were on the bus the entire way. Such a bus would have logically on from Puerto Varas to Puerto Montt and that up and over Andes mountain passes by road. I agree with your "or somewhere in between" comment and believe that Puerto Varas is that place. It was there in my opinion that teams switched transportation mode and went by the Andean Lake Crossing route, with local buses on either end connecting with the majority of that crossing on lakes. This is speculation on my part but it fits perfectly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:35:44 AM by apskip »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #562 on: January 29, 2010, 07:21:09 AM »
It is sad. And seeing that he probably suffers from sort of a pituitary problem causung gigantism, and has skeletal problems, both slowhatch and I thought it seems rather cruel to have him waiting for hours there in the cold. :(

I think they usually set up the mat only seconds/minutes when the teams arrive... I remember Allan Wu saying that he had to race a team to the pit stop to get there first because they were so fast.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #563 on: January 29, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
Peach:

I have been motivated to check into the geography between Osorno and Puerto Varas and Bariloche in more detail. There are 4 bus companies that list services to Bariloche from Santiago, Osorno or Puerto Varas. I can only get online information for one of them, Tas Choapa, and it lists daily buses from Osorno at 10am and 1030am and from Puerto Varas (run started in Puerto Montt) at 840am. Presumably Cruz del Sur, Condor and Pullman each also have one bus daily.

The route from Osorno goes east through Puyehue, crosses the border and then the first significant Argentinian place it hits is Villa La Angostura. Teams could go up Cerro Bayo (covered previously and known for its adventure tourism). That would be an ideal place to have the tandem paragliding that lands in Lake Nahuel Huapi. From Villa la Angostura it is a modest distance to Bariloche.

Now we get to the problem of conflicting eyewitness information. In the summary on page 1 of the Timelines thread, pudding lists:

PIT STOP: Grotto of Lourdes, Puerto Varas
EVIDENCE: Teams photographed at pit stop

That was based on earlier information which I believe to be still true. If teams took the bus from Osorno east into Argentina as above, then they could not have any stop or pit stop in Puerto Varas as they would never be within 75miles of Puerto Varas. If they did have a pit stop in Puerto Varas, then they still could get to Villa la Angostura after going from Puerto Varas to Bariloche (as identified in some of my earlier posts). Which version do you want to believe?

DavidJunior

« Reply #564 on: January 29, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
Maybe the team(s) was/were doing bad because they got bad information and were told to head over to Osorno before making their way to  Bariloche and Villa La Angostura by locals.  And they were on his bus from Osorno to Bariloche, and got off when they hit Villa La Angostura.   Becuase his info was also coming after leg 2 presumably ended.  :duno:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: January 29, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
It appears that the buses from Puerto Varas go through Osorno and Villa la Angostura on the way to Bariloche.

It's possible that they had a task in Angostura (possibly involving bitters) before the pit stop in Bariloche.

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #566 on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »
 I found this blog didn't know if anyone found it before but it say the farm they stay on will be on amazing race in feb. I couldn't get it to move to the forum som maybe you can if you feel it is info we need. Its from grand central travel site. Thanks

December Chile-Argentina trip Published date: January 05, 2010
Traveler: Lorenzo from San Francisco, CA traveled on December 21, 2009
Enjoyed this trip. Unlike most of the reviewers, I liked Santiago a lot and thought it had lots to offer. The people are lovely and it's a clean city. The Moneda Cultural Center, Neruda house would have been a good additon to the program. Don't miss Valparaiso, it should definitely be part of the Santiago program and not an option. Hint: the commuter buses go there from the Alameda train station every 15 minutes for about $15 round trip. The country is totally safe and clean.

Marco, our tour guide is the absolute best. They should clone this guy. Thoughtful, entertaining, flexible and able to respond to anything with grace and calm. Puerto Varas seemed like a wasted visit to me - the hotel was shabby. The rodeo and german museum visits were good, but the lake crossing for a lunch and short walk seemed pointless if you are not going to go all the way to Bariloche. Bariloche was beautiful but windy and cold - bring not just "layers" but a heavy coat, gloves, scarf, thermal undewear. The young sheep farm host was hilarious and the farm will be featured on the Amazing Race in February. Buenos Aires was great - gorgeous world class city, great for walking. Tango dinner show was so-so, but the tango class was great and the lecture on politics was outstanding. They need to get some younger folks or families for the home hosted dinner. Don't miss the Museum of Fine Arts near that gorgeous stainless steel floral sculpture - it's free and filled with amzing works by European and South American masters. Try not to do this trip over Christmas - everything is closed in Santiago and BA over the holidays all the locals are gone, and theater, museums and restaurants are closed or hard to book. Overall, a recommended trip for the US winter (and their summer) and a good value.

I WILL TRY

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #567 on: January 29, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
We already have that Uncle bill...but thanks! puddin found it first back in December, the repost is here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.msg508098.html#msg508098
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:11:26 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #568 on: January 29, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
It appears that the buses from Puerto Varas go through Osorno and Villa la Angostura on the way to Bariloche.

It's possible that they had a task in Angostura (possibly involving bitters) before the pit stop in Bariloche.

chill_sd,
It is possible that teams went north from Puerto Varas to Osorno to then east to Villa Angostura instead of directly east from Puerto Vaaras to get to Bariloche. However, if you look at a road map of Argentina you would conclude that WRP would not send teams an extra 120 miles to go via Osorno. It was (and is) summer in Chile so there should be no problematic local road conditions on either route.

I think teams did have a task in Villa de Angostura, doing the condor/birdman tandem paragliding. Cerro Bayo is one of the few spots where you could get the equipment up high enough for a decent launch. Now, if that was the case, then you could subtract about 100 miles for a net of about 20 extra to go to Villa de Angostura via Bariloche.

If there is a task involving Angostura bitters, it would be a fluke as Angostura bitters only manufacturing facility is on the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean. They share only the name Angostura with Villa de Angostura.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: January 29, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »
chill_sd,
It is possible that teams went north from Puerto Varas to Osorno to then east to Villa Angostura instead of directly east from Puerto Vaaras to get to Bariloche. However, if you look at a road map of Argentina you would conclude that WRP would not send teams an extra 120 miles to go via Osorno. It was (and is) summer in Chile so there should be no problematic local road conditions on either route.

I will, of course bow to your expertise in these matters, apskip.  The maps I have been able to find do not show a route East out of Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt accross the Andes to Bariloche.  The simplest solution I could find was to go North to Route 215, then continue on to Route 231 in Argentina.

The few bus schedules I was able to locate seemed to indicate that buses from Puerto Veras/Puerto Montt passed through or made connections in Osorno.  And since Jebber's bus from Santiago also made a connection in Orsono, it all seemed to fit the timeline.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this fits together when the episode airs.

You are also correct about the connection (or lack thereof) between Villa la Angostura and Angostura™ Bitters (which was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but I forgot to put in a smilie).  It's just curious that they were supposedly looking for a bar.

Perhaps the task will have something to do with narowness (literal translation of "angostura" ;))

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2010, 03:57:34 PM »
Anybody having any luck with "old Joint" ??
RFF's Golden Rule:

DavidJunior

« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »
i still think that Steve and Allie (along with at least one other team) took the wrong bus and had to use the unneeded Osorno connection, and just happened to be on the same connection as this Jebber guy.

I have some doubts that WRP would out right tell teams which bus to take.  You know, let teams figure things out for themselves.  And if teams took the long way, then too bad for those teams.  Sort of like the flights.  Only in specific cases are teams told which flight they have to take.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #572 on: January 29, 2010, 07:11:37 PM »
Did you see the picture?? Multiple teams...
RFF's Golden Rule:

DavidJunior

« Reply #573 on: January 29, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »
maybe a bunch of teams came to the same conclusion?

and then found out that they were on the wrong bus?

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
maybe a bunch of teams came to the same conclusion?

and then found out that they were on the wrong bus?

Could it be that this was faster than a direct bus sort of like TAR2, which the Grannies and some other teams went through Sao Paulo rather than direct.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )