Author Topic: TAR 16 Timeline Thread  (Read 184269 times)

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 16 Timeline Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 06:34:24 PM »
The map is hilarious!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »
Thanks for the compliments... :-[ But we really should get back to the topic at hand, alright? The cruddy map's not worth us neglecting our job here!

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 01:01:18 PM »
Great map Neobie!  But you forgot to put the country where the US Americans live.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »
Map moved downthread.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:54:31 PM by Neobie »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
Thanks for the compliments... :-[ But we really should get back to the topic at hand, alright? The cruddy map's not worth us neglecting our job here!

Are you sure? :colors

Just kidding! :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2009, 01:51:21 PM »
Asia shifted over 1000 miles west!  :jam:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 06:10:06 PM »
Asia shifted over 1000 miles west!  :jam:
And South Africa is now an archipelago! :jam:

Oh, and it seems I now live in 'The Iraq'! :'(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 06:35:25 PM »
Updated through 3 Dec.
Is this a test?  :lol: :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2009, 12:05:22 AM »
Tremendous, Neobie!!!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »
well today is Dec 7th and TAR Crew and flags were reported in Asuncion, Paraguay international airport today. See twitter thread for reference.
Matthew 7:15

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 12:42:44 PM »
LOOK AT THIS: it's from a Patagonian newspaper

http://www.lacuencadellago.cl/web/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=40:the-amazing-race-dejó-zona-lacustre-con-destino-a-la-ciudad-de-bariloche-argentina&Itemid=77

It says:

*** The Amazing Race dejó zona lacustre con destino a la ciudad de Bariloche, Argentina ***
El próximo destino de las grabaciones de la serie televisiva norteamericana “The amazing race” sería la ciudad trasandina de Bariloche, en donde continuarían las competencias para ver que pareja gana el afamado reality-competencia que se está llevando a cabo en Sudamérica. ---
Por otra parte, y como mostramos ayer la fotografía revelaría a la pareja eliminada de la competencia; una señora de unos 70 años junto a una joven, tras las pruebas que se realizaron en la zona lacustre de Pto. Varas.

Translation:
*** The Amazing Race leaves lake zone for Bariloche, Argentina as destinatio***
The next film destination os the northamerican tv series "The Amazin Race" would be the transandine city, Bariloche, where they would continue the competition to win the famous reality that is taking place in southamerica. --- blah, blah, blah, the reporter didin't like the way guy who greeted them was dressed, blah, blah, blah ---
On the other hand, and as we showed yesterday (me, mariamindy, couldn't find the article) the picture reveals which couple was eliminated from the competition; an old woman, about 70-years-old and a young lady, after all the tasks that took plane in the "Vargas Port" lake area.

Or something like that, I hope it helps.

mm!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »
I'm thinking we're looking at this for now? Not sure about Germany... :duno:

Leg
Phil
Teams
Comments
Valparaiso
29 Nov
29 Nov
First leg
Puerto Montt
30 Nov
1 Dec
Bariloche
2 Dec
3 Dec
Buenos Aires?
4 Dec
5 Dec
Asuncion
6 Dec
7 Dec
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:57:10 PM by Neobie »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
And of course (reference only people living in "The Iraq" would get) the little upside-down broken-ankle-shaped country next to The Iraq should be called "She-bang-a-bang".

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »
LOOK AT THIS: it's from a Patagonian newspaper

http://www.lacuencadellago.cl/web/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=40:the-amazing-race-dejó-zona-lacustre-con-destino-a-la-ciudad-de-bariloche-argentina&Itemid=77

It says:

*** The Amazing Race dejó zona lacustre con destino a la ciudad de Bariloche, Argentina ***
El próximo destino de las grabaciones de la serie televisiva norteamericana “The amazing race” sería la ciudad trasandina de Bariloche, en donde continuarían las competencias para ver que pareja gana el afamado reality-competencia que se está llevando a cabo en Sudamérica. ---
Por otra parte, y como mostramos ayer la fotografía revelaría a la pareja eliminada de la competencia; una señora de unos 70 años junto a una joven, tras las pruebas que se realizaron en la zona lacustre de Pto. Varas.

Translation:
*** The Amazing Race leaves lake zone for Bariloche, Argentina as destinatio***
The next film destination os the northamerican tv series "The Amazin Race" would be the transandine city, Bariloche, where they would continue the competition to win the famous reality that is taking place in southamerica. --- blah, blah, blah, the reporter didin't like the way guy who greeted them was dressed, blah, blah, blah ---
On the other hand, and as we showed yesterday (me, mariamindy, couldn't find the article) the picture reveals which couple was eliminated from the competition; an old woman, about 70-years-old and a young lady, after all the tasks that took plane in the "Vargas Port" lake area.

Or something like that, I hope it helps.

Thanks, Mariamindy. That article was discovered several days ago and was discussed in detail elsewhere, so that's why nobody reacted to it. Keep looking, the more eyes watching, the more likely we'll find where they've gone to.

Plaidmoon

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »
Just something I remembered that might help in trying to find leads online.

The first time I can recall that a local article was published that was uncovered was in relation to TAR 4. A local newspaper published an article in Dutch, with photographs of the cheese/wooden shoes detour option (and Reichen was in the photograph. It wasn't picked up initially because the words "Amazing Race" was not used; IIRC, the Dutch words was used.

It might be helpful to see if foreign language equivalents show up with searches. While the English words are much better known now than then (TAR didn't have much European exposure except through AXN), I'm speculating that with all the blogs, tweets and other sources, there may be something worth mining.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »

The first time I can recall that a local article was published that was uncovered was in relation to TAR 4. A local newspaper published an article in Dutch, with photographs of the cheese/wooden shoes detour option (and Reichen was in the photograph. It wasn't picked up initially because the words "Amazing Race" was not used; IIRC, the Dutch words was used.

It might be helpful to see if foreign language equivalents show up with searches. While the English words are much better known now than then (TAR didn't have much European exposure except through AXN), I'm speculating that with all the blogs, tweets and other sources, there may be something worth mining.

I took a few years of German and I am pretty sure Amazing Race in German is Erstaunlich Rennen. However Rce in Germany can be about 20 diff words. Depending on the noun or verb or how it is used. Dutch is Var... something cant remeber

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 11:31:17 PM »

I took a few years of German and I am pretty sure Amazing Race in German is Erstaunlich Rennen. However Rce in Germany can be about 20 diff words. Depending on the noun or verb or how it is used. Dutch is Var... something cant remeber
I think we should focus in searching the words "race" "competition" "teams" and the like. I feel it's very unlikely that people who don't know of the show will use the word "Amazing"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
So, we should be seeing teams back in the US sometime in the next week, right? Didn't someone say filming was to wrap around the 20th?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
And of course (reference only people living in "The Iraq" would get) the little upside-down broken-ankle-shaped country next to The Iraq should be called "She-bang-a-bang".
:cmas50 That's awesome!

(P.S. I love the Christmas smileys! :cmas17)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline AlbertHodges

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • No Donatos this season, PLEASE!
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Does anyone know how Jeff and Jordan are doing?
Favorite Houseguests of all time:

Janelle, Howie, Jeff, Jordan, Chicken George, Kaysar and Dr. Will.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »
Does anyone know how Jeff and Jordan are doing?
Right now?
No tweets yet?
http://twitter.com/jeffschroeder23
http://twitter.com/BBJordanLloyd

In the race? Check page 1 of this topic :cmas13 .. if you really want to know.

:xmas49

Offline AlbertHodges

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • No Donatos this season, PLEASE!
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »
Thanks I saw it!

Glad I wont have to get hooked on ANOTHER reality show!

Merry Christmas!
Favorite Houseguests of all time:

Janelle, Howie, Jeff, Jordan, Chicken George, Kaysar and Dr. Will.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2010, 07:58:40 AM »
Continuing Apskip's train of thought on flights...

It really depends on the day teams fly out of the Seychelles. If they're headed into Penang, they could make various connections through Johannesburg, Dubai or Mauritius, then through Singapore to Penang. I'm saying it's too early to call before we know exactly which days they were there.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »
CBS says teams will travel 40,000 miles through FIVE continents and EIGHT countries.

Continents:

South America
Europe
Asia
North America

Fifth:  Africa?

Countries:

Chile
Argentina
Paraguay
France
Germany (?)
Singapore
Malaysia
China
?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:52:58 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
I'm 95% certain they didn't visit Paraguay and had two countries in Europe instead, based on CBS's press release.

Chile
Argentina
Unknown Europe Country
France
Seychelles
Malaysia
Singapore
China