Author Topic: Amazing Race Countries Not Visited  (Read 91036 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Countries Not Visited
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »
Peach:

I do have the major islands on my list. However, many islands (such as those in the Caribbean) are certainly not considered part of Latin America. Questions of where do you classify them and the sheer numbers of small islands around the globe have caused me to punt and avoid the issue by just excluding most small islands. I have all the big ones: Australia, New Zealand, Greenland, Corsica, Sicily, Taiwan, Japan, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Mauritius, Ireland, United Kingdom (including Wales and Scotland), Cape Verde islands, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Reunion, Seychelles, Jamaica and Guam.

On Antarctica (which is not usually considered an island even though Australia is), I too long to see an Amazing Race go there. However, it does not fit on my list of countries. There are no countries on Antarctica. There are only territories claimed by countries (Argentina, Australia, Chile, France, New Zealand, Norway, and the UK) with no agreement on or reconciliation of claims.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
I think they should visit Malta!!!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »
Malta is <3<3<3. And no Sardinia? (I mean, if Corsica & Sicily are there. :funny:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 10:42:27 PM »
I think one new direction TAR could head is dependencies and territories. You've got much less new paperwork to go through, but you've a whole new place to explore...

Say... Greenland? French Guyana? Christmas Island?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 11:23:26 PM »
Amazing Race Continents Not Visited:

The Short List.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 06:49:54 AM »
Michael:

I don't even have Cyprus, a bigger and more important island (or most islands worldwide) on the list and you want tiny Malta?

As someone has used as their screen name, U GOT 2 BE KIDIN ME.

apskip, i believe that even if michael was off-topic as he should have posted on a wishlist thread, but i believe he can also make a point that Malta has not been included in your list.

You don't have to be so rude about everything that you read and simply do not agree with. A place may be small and unknown and that is why TAR needs to visit the place to let us see/know/experience how wonderful and amazing it is? RIGHT?

Who wants to see TAR visit India/China every season? Since a bigger and more important place is what you believe should be focused on? :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 06:51:36 AM »
I love this list!! But why are we excluding island countries?? ???

And I am voting for the missing CONTINENT myself!! :funny:

I AGREE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THE TEAMS STAY IN IGLOOS AND FISH FOR FISHES IN THE ICE, PLAY WITH PENGUINS AND ICE SKATE ON THE ICE? :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »
Michael:

I don't even have Cyprus, a bigger and more important island (or most islands worldwide) on the list and you want tiny Malta?

apskip, i believe that even if michael was off-topic as he should have posted on a wishlist thread, but i believe he can also make a point that Malta has not been included in your list.

You don't have to be so rude about everything that you read and simply do not agree with. A place may be small and unknown and that is why TAR needs to visit the place to let us see/know/experience how wonderful and amazing it is? RIGHT?

Who wants to see TAR visit India/China every season? Since a bigger and more important place is what you believe should be focused on? :res:

Although, for the purposes of compiling a list of every country not visited, you have to draw the line somewhere or you get bogged down with all the tiny Caribbean island states etc. Its apskip's list - he started the topic - he can include or exclude who he likes. I know I'll be referring to it often.

I'd love to see a pastizzi eating detour though...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
Michael:

Although, for the purposes of compiling a list of every country not visited, you have to draw the line somewhere or you get bogged down with all the tiny Caribbean island states etc. Its apskip's list - he started the topic - he can include or exclude who he likes. I know I'll be referring to it often.

I'd love to see a pastizzi eating detour though...

I won't mind that. I actually have an updated list of countries + territories + some disputed states. *coughnerdcoughiamboredcough* :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
Unfortunately, they'll probably never get closer to Antarctica than they did in All-Stars.

Although, I can see it now, "herding penguins."  Would we discover a "Penguin Whisperer?"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »
zzz
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:26:58 AM by Joab »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
Manners everyone please.  :(

This is such an interesting and fun topic, let's stay with the TOPIC and not get side-tracked. Discussing each other is NOT appropriate.

:ghug:

And I can do penguins all day!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 11:14:25 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-[

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 11:24:59 AM »

Hush you! Heee....

^^Michael  ^^peach
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »
Michael:

[knock it off]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:57:20 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »
 :colors

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »
Unfortunately, they'll probably never get closer to Antarctica than they did in All-Stars.

Although, I can see it now, "herding penguins."  Would we discover a "Penguin Whisperer?"

Detour: Penguin Herding or Penguin Fishing :funny: (that'd be cool - it's like the Cai Be RB + Guilin RB :funny:)

Hush you! Heee....

^^Michael  ^^peach

omg so :funny: 's

And sorry apskip for intruding in on the thread. :-[
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 06:31:47 AM »
[knock it off]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:56:44 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »
Knock it off! No one wants to read whatever issues you guys have with each other on the forum. Especially the folks that subscribe to rfftar tweets. Maybe you all should think about that before you post.

http://twitter.com/rfftar

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
I think they should visit Malta!!!!!

I did a school project on Malta what a beautiful country

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 09:23:13 PM »
I decided to go above and beyond and develop a list of when which countries were first used on an Amazing Race(not in order within each race). Here it is:

AR1- India France China Italy Thailand South Africa Tunisia Zambia (United States is you want to treat it that way)

AR2 - Australia Brazil New Zealand Namibia

AR3 - Mexico Austria Germany Malaysia Morocco Portugal Spain Switzerland United Kingdom Vietnam Scotland Singapore

AR4 - Netherlands South Korea

AR5 - Russia Tanzania Argentina Egypt Philippines Dubai Uruguay Canada

AR6 - Ethiopia Hungary Iceland Norway Senegal Sri Lanka Sweden Corsica(note - this is technically part of France but I show it)

AR7 - Chile Botswana Turkey Jamaica

AR8 - Panama Costa Rica

AR9 - Japan Greece Oman Sicily(note-this is technically part of Italy but I show it)

AR10 - Mongolia Finland Kuwait Madagascar Mauritius Ukraine

AR11 - Ecuador Chile Guam Mozambique Poland

AR12 - Burkina Faso Croatia Ireland Lithuania Taiwan

AR13 - Bolivia Cambodia Kazakhstan

AR14 - Romania

AR15 - Estonia Czech Republic

NOTE: a few errors on the original list are corrected above as a result of feedback from Raymond and David Junior. As a result of the interest, I double-checked a few listings and added a note on Corsica, a note of Sicily and the countries Taiwan, Turkey, Chile and Mongolia

You can't have the United Kingdom and Scotland, it has to be either England and Scotland or United Kingdom.
Don't worry the English do it all the time as well.

DavidJunior

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »
I decided to go above and beyond and develop a list of when which countries were first used on an Amazing Race(not in order within each race). Here it is:

AR1- India France China Italy Thailand South Africa Tunisia Zambia (United States is you want to treat it that way)

AR2 - Australia Brazil New Zealand Namibia

AR3 - Mexico Austria Germany Malaysia Morocco Portugal Spain Switzerland United Kingdom Vietnam Scotland Singapore

AR4 - Netherlands South Korea

AR5 - Russia Tanzania Argentina Egypt Philippines Dubai Uruguay Canada

AR6 - Ethiopia Hungary Iceland Norway Senegal Sri Lanka Sweden Corsica(note - this is technically part of France but I show it)

AR7 - Chile Botswana Turkey Jamaica

AR8 - Panama Costa Rica

AR9 - Japan Greece Oman Sicily(note-this is technically part of Italy but I show it)

AR10 - Mongolia Finland Kuwait Madagascar Mauritius Ukraine

AR11 - Ecuador Chile Guam Mozambique Poland

AR12 - Burkina Faso Croatia Ireland Lithuania Taiwan

AR13 - Bolivia Cambodia Kazakhstan

AR14 - Romania

AR15 - Estonia Czech Republic

NOTE: a few errors on the original list are corrected above as a result of feedback from Raymond and David Junior. As a result of the interest, I double-checked a few listings and added a note on Corsica, a note of Sicily and the countries Taiwan, Turkey, Chile and Mongolia

again, really, really hate to be nit-picky here but it looks like you passed over Peru in AR 7  :hides

i only really noticed it because i've been there a couple times (awesome country)  :hearts:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »
David Jr.:

You are right. I did miss it. It was in an underlying list correctly, but the transition to this list somehow left it out (note that it was no on the list of Countries Not Visited). AR7 visited multiple cities in Peru. Also, Peru is awesome as a vacation spot. I have been to Lima, Cuzco, Macchu Picchu and Arequipa and all are very interesting.

I will fix the list to include Peru in AR7

Offline perdfa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »
did u forgot indonesia, or had they been there before?

im indonesian origin. so!

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »
did u forgot indonesia, or had they been there before?

im indonesian origin. so!

Only TARA.