The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Technical notes

<< < (26/30) > >>

Boingo:

:waves: Google now lets you download your search history

Slowhatch:
Since the issue of "shopping" has come up again, I thought I would repost a few old links on fakery. The easiest thing for the photo below would be to search Google to see if anybody else has used the image. Failing that, there are a few online sites where you can upload and analyze photos (here's a link to the analysis page, and here's an explanation of Error-Level Analysis). You can see the different compression levels for the cluebox.
And for some light reading...you can read about fakery here and here and some historical fakes here.

Slowhatch:
The GPO (U.S. Government Printing Office) has created a beta search site GovInfo which they hope will turn into a portal for government stuff. A search for
"amazing race" brings up a former congressman praising Phil and his Ride Across America, and a legal dispute I had not heard of before: COWS vs. TAR (Viacom, specifically)  :). The case was stayed pending the outcome in Canada; it would be interesting to see how it turned out but I don't know how to search Canadian law.

theschnauzers:
I don't have access to Canadian law on lexis.com, but I would suggest trying Google or another search engine with the case name of the Canadian case. That's one way of finding law. A second might be via Wikipedia; either way you may find the entire legal citation (report, volume, starting page and court) and then use that in Google to see if there is an outcome to the case, and what that is.

If you have any of that information from the information you found, get it to me and I'll be glad to see if I can find it.

theschnauzers:
Separate note:

I posted in the TAR 28 promo, clips, commercials thread about the apparent change in the fanny packs that now have "The Amazing Race" on the outside (when properly worn). This seems new, but it can be useful in filming of future seasons for those tracking on the ground (a) to spot Racers and (b) to help ask locals and bystanders about completed Racer activity during or after a leg is filmed.

Sometimes people might notice the fanny packs, and if prompted they just might remember something or confirm Racers or specific Racers were seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version