Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457212 times)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #525 on: November 26, 2010, 04:15:30 AM »
Because the whole point of the speed bump is to slow down the race for a bit. Whether or not they can somehow jump ahead even with the extra task when they & others are racing is what's interesting IMO. A/M, although released last the next day, didn't have that extra task anymore cause it's over & done with. That's why for me it was pointless.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #526 on: November 27, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »
Because the whole point of the speed bump is to slow down the race for a bit. Whether or not they can somehow jump ahead even with the extra task when they & others are racing is what's interesting IMO. A/M, although released last the next day, didn't have that extra task anymore cause it's over & done with. That's why for me it was pointless.
Let me explain this better:
Without the Speedbump they would have checked in at the hotel let's say 20 minutes after the last team, with the Speedbump they probably did it 30-40 minutes later. That disadvantage was carried over to when teams departed in the morning, so it wasn't pointless. In TARLA there are no bunching points other than hours of operation.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #527 on: December 02, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »
The team continues its tour of Latin America, this time coming from Cordoba to San Luis, and Harris delves into the beauty of our continent.
http://blogs.tudiscovery.com/amazing-race-blog/2010/12/the-amazing-race-saliendo-de-c%C3%B3rdoba.html

DavidJunior

« Reply #528 on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »
doooooooooooooooooooood, i've totally been to a lot of the places they visited on this last episode (Guayaquil, Ecuador)!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #529 on: December 19, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
Tonight is the second half of the final leg or the final episode of this second season... and like last year Discovery will announce if there is going to be a third season or not. So I wanted to do a summary for the Top 3 of this season.

Racing the final leg are...

Toño & Lili
Married Couple from Mexico
Winners in Legs 3, 8, 9, 10 and 12a (First half of the final leg)
Worst position at pitstop 6/11 at Leg 1
Never fell from the Top 3 after Leg 2.
Arrived 2nd in Legs 2, 5, 6 and 11. Arrived 3rd in Legs 4 and 7.

Mauricio & Carlos
Brothers from Mexico
Winners in Legs 2, 5 and 11.
Worst position at pitstop 4/7 at Leg 7
Always at the front of the pack except for Leg 7 when they depart 6/7 because one of them lost his passport the previous leg.

Aleandra & Marlene
Friends from Argentina.
Have never won a Leg. Best position at pitstop 5/11 at Leg 2
Worst position at pitstop 7/7 at Leg 7 NEL.
Always at the back or the middle of the pack. Arrived Second to last in Legs 5, 6 and 11. Third to last in Legs 4, 8 and 9.
Only F/F team to made it in the top 3 this season.

So the winner is pretty much between Toño&Lili and Mauricio&Carlos. It was a footrace to the pitstop of the first half of the final leg so they will be racing like crazy to get to the finish line. They are both really competitive and strong. Aleandra&Marlene are competitive, but they are not strong, or fast. And they bicker a lot. They were suppose to be funny but they are just annoying.

I'm rooting for Toño&Lili I really like this teams and the best of all they are really supportive to each other. So I hope they take the prize.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:53:25 PM by Vitoko »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #530 on: December 19, 2010, 08:51:47 PM »
Thanks so much for the update! Looks like a great final three!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #531 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:58 PM »
I'm rooting for Toño & Lili (they're from my home town)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #532 on: December 19, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
Just finished here... And respecting everyone in Central America that haven't seen it yet... I just would say....

CLOSEST FINISH FOR THE TOP 3 EVER

I'm guessing even closer than TAR2

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #533 on: December 19, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »
sh**! I completely forgot about it....I guess I'll have to catch the re-run at 2 am
The story so far:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #534 on: December 24, 2010, 12:52:57 AM »
Can someone please tell me what happened to Carlos during the 1st part of the episode when the brothers were racing towards the hotel with Toño & Lili?

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #535 on: December 24, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »
Can someone please tell me what happened to Carlos during the 1st part of the episode when the brothers were racing towards the hotel with Toño & Lili?

He got overwhelmed by the situation, the frustration, been tired... probably all that was just too much for him and needed to put it out of his system.

Edit: Have troubles figuring out how to say it but an Emotional Breakdown could be the right answer. :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:54:48 PM by Vitoko »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #536 on: January 30, 2011, 01:30:41 AM »
Thanks to Freds for this article:  :yess:

Google translation:

Produce the third season of The Amazing Race America

The successful reality adventure competition will be produced by Disney Media Networks Latin America and aired on Turner Broadcasting System in Space Channel Latin America
Currently 1.00 / 5Results: 1.0 / 5 (1 vote cast)

Disney Media Networks Latin America (DMNLA) and Turner Broadcasting System Latin America, Inc . (TBSLA) announced Monday that produce third season of the local version of reality show  The Amazing Race . The show will air through the Space channel in the region, soon.
The Amazing Race , whose version in the United States is in its 17 th season, is considered one of the most successful shows and seen in the world. Created by Elise Doganieri and Bertram Van Munster , and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer , the show has won seven Primetime Emmy Awards , including six Outstanding Reality-Competition Program , who won consecutively for 6 years.

The Amazing Race show eleven teams of two members each, in a race to Latin America to achieve the grand prize. There are thirteen hours of drama, tension, amazement, joy, tears, in a fascinating journey through stunning scenery and fabulous throughout the region.

The original version Spac and follow the format and have the same high quality of the original version of the program. The pre-production for the third season of The Amazing Race, which will include participants from Latin America, began recently." Following the strategy of the company, expansion of local production programming, we are very excited to join forces with Turner Broadcasting System on a property as exciting as The Amazing Race. No doubt the result of our joint work will give the region third single season, "said Henri Ringel, vice president of Disney Media Networks Latin America.

original:
http://www.el-nacional.com/www/site/p_contenido.php?q=nodo/179488/Arte%20y%20Espect%C3%A1culos/Producir%C3%A1n-la-tercera-temporada-de-The-Amazing-Race-Latinoam%C3%A9rica
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #537 on: February 24, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Cast Applications will be accepted from February 20, 2011 and will finish on March 7, 2011. Semi-finalist interviews will be held sometime in March 2011 and the final casting interviews will take place around April 2011. Filming will take place around Summer 2011.

Anyone hear more? Anyone applying?

apps here:
http://space.sur.amoelcine.com/series/amazing-race

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #538 on: February 25, 2011, 09:11:01 PM »
I'd be thrilled to apply if it wasn't for the last disastrous season... and the fact than July here (S Hemisphere) isn't summer or holliday times (busy in college).
And I just wonder, from comments of friends that this race would be so much exciting to (hypothetically) participate and watch if it was trully "around the world"... but I guess it'd be almost impossible, and very unfair, given the multiple teams nacionalities.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #539 on: March 14, 2011, 04:35:19 AM »
Is anyone able to (1) update the season 2 Wikipedia pages to finish explaining the tasks for the season, given the usual person gave up at Manaus, and (2) provide a list of cash amounts given over both seasons where revealed? I'm working ona  huge timeline guide and my inability to speak Spanish is a huge disadvantage.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #540 on: May 13, 2011, 06:33:34 PM »
If anyone has any links to watch this that are subtitled in English...could you please email or PM me?? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #541 on: June 10, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »
Let's be sure to give actual links for info like that whenever possible please? It iis a help!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #542 on: June 10, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
yeah, well....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #543 on: June 21, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »
I don't know if this means anything or not, but:
Regresando al mundo de Twitter y preparandome para el arranque de la tercera temporada de Amazing Race Latinoamerica, ahora en Space!
http://twitter.com/#!/harriswhitbeck

Translation: Returning to the world of Twitter and getting ready for the start of the third season of Latin America Amazing Race, now in Space! :duno: ???
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: June 21, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »
I don't know if this means anything or not, but:
Regresando al mundo de Twitter y preparandome para el arranque de la tercera temporada de Amazing Race Latinoamerica, ahora en Space!
http://twitter.com/#!/harriswhitbeck

Translation: Returning to the world of Twitter and getting ready for the start of the third season of Latin America Amazing Race, now in Space! :duno: ???

Harris Whitbeck was the host of The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel, and he will be returning on the new season, but now on Space channel, not in Discovery.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #545 on: June 21, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
Heee...a race in outer space could be the new TAR frontier!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #547 on: June 24, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
Is this article related to this show?
http://www.lapatilla.com/site/2011/06/24/venezuela-tendra-dos-equipos-en-the-amazing-race-3/

Yeah it is completely related, it says that there will be 2 Venezuelan teams and the race will not visit Venezuela this time. This is according to a Venezuelan journalist who got this info. from someone related to the production.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:06:13 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #548 on: June 24, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
Thanks gonzo!! Since there about 3 million twitters about this today and a zillion things in my emails. Good to know!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: June 24, 2011, 03:38:51 PM »
Thanks gonzo!! Since there about 3 million twitters about this today and a zillion things in my emails. Good to know!

Something else, i asked her if she knew something about Chile, and she said that the race was going to visit my country.
Charla&MirnaLover<3