Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457205 times)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #500 on: November 08, 2010, 06:12:47 PM »
Everyday I am more and more dissapointed about this season...

They are improving the edition of the episodes but still weird and confusing... and no departure time of the teams...

Almost every leg has a lineal task that if one team is performing it no other team can do it... how are they supossed to get better and improve their placement if they can't outrun another team... its a race!!

Have no problem with the flights not purchased by the teams 'cause i get bored with the airport dramma but right now its something necessary that the race could use to make it more exciting...

I'm hating the favoritism (its that a word?) about some teams, specially with Carlos&Mauricio they broke one of the most specific rule in the race "If a team doesn't have their passport and documentary they can't check in at the pitstop" and they aloud them to check in... And if they don't have all the documentary till the last team check in they would be eliminated... I mean COME ON! its one the rule book i'm pretty sure about that... and to making it worse... they aloud one of them to fly with the rest of teams while the other is getting a new passport in the PREVIOUS COUNTRY! COME ON! it doesn't even make sense... I mean they are breaking another rule "team members can't be more than 15 ft (or something like that) of each other and too far from the production crew" The one looking for the passport wasn't even recorded or followed by a camera... its just ridiculous... i mean COME ON!

I was talking about favoritism because in a previous leg Omar&Roger were going to get a penalty 'cause they were too far from each other, but in the last minute they found out Omar made some phone calls to his family (4 hours penalty applied) resulting in their elimination.

I was so excited with this season... I was expecting to TARLA or TARDC to grow up and be like TAR USA or ASIA, Come on even China Rush have a better edition, cast, everything... i watched it and i wasn't even that interested in the China Culture... I was going to download the vids of this season and put subtitle on it to make TARLA interesting for the tarfans that don't speak spanish... to make it more interesting for this community but right now it doesn't deserve it... I'm pretty sure that if I do it I will be wasting my time... and its not about the lack of budget... its about the challenge, the excitement of the racers, it the whole package, rules and locations included... right now I'm watching this season only because i'm interested in the latin american culture... i love to travel... and I love the TAR franchise... but even with that 2 weeks ago i totally forgot about TARLA i have to wait till was online because I forgot to watch it on TV...

I'm just dissapointed...

Completely agree, the ones that lost the passport should have been OUT. No questions asked, just like what happened with Zed and Dallas at their time. No excuse, you're out.
Just like this week Phil didn't let the second to last team check-in without their backpacks... same thing this week in the TARLA version.

There is no chance for teams to outrun others if the teams that come behind have to wait until the leaders finish a task, it should be like the original one for those "short-on-space tasks": you have a limited number of tries and then, you have to go to the end of the line to wait to try again. Remember the "duck whisperer" task last year? they HAD 10 min to do it, otherwise, another team would take their place.

Oh, and the drama... the brazilian couple tantrum is ridiculous, the argentinean woman saying "I just want to go" and the peruvian girl that gave up and went shopping with her mom?... c'mon!!  they took the chance of hundreds of people who really wanted to do it, for that??? that's a big lack of respect.

Totally agree a lot of teams are there complaining about the race... and that is a bad cast... i assume that in the casting process they see how they are going to work during the race... to use it for the camera but if they keep saying "i wanna go, i wanna go" i really think that its something predictable...

sorry but i'm not following you wich "duck whisperer" task? can't remember it... but i remember the "looking for marked stones" in the first half of the final leg in mexico, they have like 10 minutes to try then the other team take the opportunity... and when did the peruvian team went shopping? i believe they were tired and dehydrated so their were just slow but never heard that they went shopping, they didn't wanna go home... but with the edition i could possibly be wrong...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2010, 07:01:17 PM »
and when did the peruvian team went shopping? i believe they were tired and dehydrated so their were just slow but never heard that they went shopping, they didn't wanna go home... but with the edition i could possibly be wrong...

They did not go shopping, they just did the Detour task that was to search for stuff in a market
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »
Phil didn't let Chad and Stephanie check in because they had to settle with their taxi. That is the rule... it wasn't because they didn't have their backpacks.

But in this case, i got frustrated with this version and stopped watching. I don't get why the quality is worse than last season. I mean, if they already did it correctly once, why are they going backwards??? they should be improving. I actually quite liked the first season very much. But this season, I don't like the teams, I don't like the editing, I don't like how linear the legs are, I don't like how the teams are not as invested, I don't like the bizarre rules...all in all the first season was better in just abput every aspect.

Please get back on track for season 3 if there is one!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
and when did the peruvian team went shopping? i believe they were tired and dehydrated so their were just slow but never heard that they went shopping, they didn't wanna go home... but with the edition i could possibly be wrong...

They did not go shopping, they just did the Detour task that was to search for stuff in a market

That's what I remember they chose the same task that Mauricio&Mariana...  I though I missed something... I belived it was to search little plates with letters...

Phil didn't let Chad and Stephanie check in because they had to settle with their taxi. That is the rule... it wasn't because they didn't have their backpacks.

Please get back on track for season 3 if there is one!

Hope someone read your comment! PLEASE GET BACK ON TRACK!

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2010, 11:51:57 PM »

There is no chance for teams to outrun others if the teams that come behind have to wait until the leaders finish a task, it should be like the original one for those "short-on-space tasks": you have a limited number of tries and then, you have to go to the end of the line to wait to try again. Remember the "duck whisperer" task last year? they HAD 10 min to do it, otherwise, another team would take their place.

Totally agree a lot of teams are there complaining about the race... and that is a bad cast... i assume that in the casting process they see how they are going to work during the race... to use it for the camera but if they keep saying "i wanna go, i wanna go" i really think that its something predictable...

sorry but i'm not following you which "duck whisperer" task? can't remember it... but i remember the "looking for marked stones" in the first half of the final leg in mexico, they have like 10 minutes to try then the other team take the opportunity... and when did the peruvian team went shopping? i believe they were tired and dehydrated so their were just slow but never heard that they went shopping, they didn't wanna go home... but with the edition i could possibly be wrong...

Do you remember S15, Zev and Justin (I remember Zev had Asperger's Syndrome)?
I remember there was a where they had to take 50 or so ducks form one side to a field to another by going up and down a bridge. There were only 2 or 3 of those fields and each team had 15 min to try to do it. If they couldn't by that time they had to leave the field and let other teams try and went to the end of the line... literally.
The "duck whisperer" it's how they called Zev after that task because he was so calm and the ducks were actually following him and doing as he said.

The peruvians were done with the task as far as I remember, they were done with the detour... maybe I mistook it for something else, my bad!

Anyway, I honestly can't stand the crying brazilian babies and the two argentinean chicks. They're fighting over nothing, nothing has happened!

Oh... and the AAAAAAAAGGGGGRRRRRHHHH!! guy? he's scary!
mm!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #505 on: November 09, 2010, 02:11:45 AM »

sorry but i'm not following you which "duck whisperer" task? can't remember it... but i remember the "looking for marked stones" in the first half of the final leg in mexico, they have like 10 minutes to try then the other team take the opportunity... and when did the peruvian team went shopping? i believe they were tired and dehydrated so their were just slow but never heard that they went shopping, they didn't wanna go home... but with the edition i could possibly be wrong...

Do you remember S15, Zev and Justin (I remember Zev had Asperger's Syndrome)?
I remember there was a where they had to take 50 or so ducks form one side to a field to another by going up and down a bridge. There were only 2 or 3 of those fields and each team had 15 min to try to do it. If they couldn't by that time they had to leave the field and let other teams try and went to the end of the line... literally.
The "duck whisperer" it's how they called Zev after that task because he was so calm and the ducks were actually following him and doing as he said.

The peruvians were done with the task as far as I remember, they were done with the detour... maybe I mistook it for something else, my bad!

Anyway, I honestly can't stand the crying brazilian babies and the two argentinean chicks. They're fighting over nothing, nothing has happened!

Oh... and the AAAAAAAAGGGGGRRRRRHHHH!! guy? he's scary!

Now I got it, I Though you were talking about TARLA1... I do remember Zev&Justin such a strong team in the begining of that season and i'm pretty sure they would got to the final leg without missing their passport...

Aleandra&Marlene gave up a long time ago I predict their elimination next week... so annoying team nothing like their casting...
Vinicius&Guilherme the "Our friendship is over" team its just show for me... i mean they were supossed to use their muscle in favor but they are so big and heavy that its just a problem (kayak task, training course task)

Did you mean Edison father? haha he actually was kind of annoying the first two legs with his scream but now its kinda funny... he reminds me Mr. Frederickson from the pixar movie UP and is probably the only one that is enyoing it as a TARFAN right now...

You know I was dissapointed when I saw 3 mexican couples but right now they are the most entertaining to watch...

Carlos&Mauricio the usual M/M strong team (never like this kind of team so i hope they get eliminated specially since the passport incident)
Lili&Toño i like them, they are really strong and i wouldn't bother me if they win the race... would be great but the fact that they are mexican will bother a looooooot of people...
Edison&Edison are having lucky i really don't believe if the season gets a equilizer they would be able to catch up

Esteban&Marisol are scaling positions but are still too passive they need to be more agresive i believe they could be a strong team if they were more competitive (can work together, atletic, smart)... but still every week they got more screen time... first couple of legs were too mute... i was rooting for them pre-race but they still have not be the team i though they could be...
Marietta&Jose are not strong, are not funny, he is abusive with her... never suport her... every week he wanna leave... no comment need it...

I predict this final position...

1 Lili&Toño (strong, smart, competitive, cooperative)
2 Carlos&Mauricio (still think they should be eliminated last week but what you gonna do)
3 Esteban&Marisol (hope be wrong and make it second)
4 Edison&Edison (Edison father gets exhausted)
5 Vinicius&Guilherme (probably saved by the next only muscle leg)
6 Marietta&Jose (but i don't know why something tells me they make it far)
7 Aleandra&Marlene (next week they would not me able to catch up after speed bump)

BTW I don't reffered to them as brazilian or argentinian because i don't like that the viewers of this season are like too nacionalist and are taking this as a war between countries where they are people running like crazy for 250000 dollars... not because of their flags... really pissed me of...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:17:54 AM by Vitoko »

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #506 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:01 AM »

1 Lili&Toño (strong, smart, competitive, cooperative)
2 Carlos&Mauricio (still think they should be eliminated last week but what you gonna do)
3 Esteban&Marisol (hope be wrong and make it second)
4 Edison&Edison (Edison father gets exhausted)
5 Vinicius&Guilherme (probably saved by the next only muscle leg)
6 Marietta&Jose (but i don't know why something tells me they make it far)
7 Aleandra&Marlene (next week they would not me able to catch up after speed bump)

BTW I don't reffered to them as brazilian or argentinian because i don't like that the viewers of this season are like too nacionalist and are taking this as a war between countries where they are people running like crazy for 250000 dollars... not because of their flags... really pissed me of...

Excellent comment.
I don't remember their names very well, that's why I do it this way, but you're right. It stereotypes and it's never good. It'll try to use your method now.

I don't mind the fact that 3 teams are mexicans, there are 2 colombians and last season there were 2 brazilians so... if you put things in perspective, it's just fine.
I love Toño and Lili! They're both amazing warriors, specially Lili, she's small but really strong.
When Esteban helped Marisol with her roadblocks I thought it was really cute , I got mad when they got a penalty; unlike the other guy, Jose, treats his girlfriend like dirt, screams and makes scenes and no penalties for him. Not fair!
Carlos and Mauricio, I never liked them, they're always "pretending" to be nice but, i don't know, I'm not getting a good vibe from them.

Anyway... I agree with the positions. Including the 2-3 switch and have Esteban and Marisol beating the brothers.
mm!

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
FINALLY someone's verbalizing the frustration I fell with this season!! That passport thing really happened?? I gave up this season a loooong time ago

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »
FINALLY someone's verbalizing the frustration I fell with this season!! That passport thing really happened?? I gave up this season a loooong time ago

It happened one of the brothers lost their passport and they let them check in to the pitstop in Colombia and after that he went to ask for a new one while his team mate travel with the rest of the racers to the next destination in Brazil, the brother who travel have to stay in the airport waiting for his brother but when he arrived there was only one team waiting to departure to race the leg...

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #509 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
If only Dallas knew... =(

Anyways, it's still a mystery to me how, from a stellar first season, they ended with this crap.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #510 on: November 09, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
The difference in that case is that Mexican consulates can give new passports pretty fast (in this case fast enough to allow them to stay in the race) I'm not sure how the US Embassies work but I wouldn't think they'd give a new passport so fast, specially in Russia. Any American citizen care to enlighten us about this?

BTW, Toni & Dallas chose to keep racing without their passports (they got eliminated mostly because they were too far behind). In the case of Zev & Justin, I think they were eliminated because it would've taken a lot of time to issue a new one.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #511 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:48 AM »
The difference in that case is that Mexican consulates can give new passports pretty fast (in this case fast enough to allow them to stay in the race) I'm not sure how the US Embassies work but I wouldn't think they'd give a new passport so fast, specially in Russia. Any American citizen care to enlighten us about this?

BTW, Toni & Dallas chose to keep racing without their passports (they got eliminated mostly because they were too far behind). In the case of Zev & Justin, I think they were eliminated because it would've taken a lot of time to issue a new one.

As far as I know, all countries can issue emergency passports to their citizens.
And remember!! Zev and Justin went to the consulate all sad and gloomy to... oh!! someone had find it and gave it back to the office so... in that case, they were in better condition than the mexicans because they didn't need a new one.

Oh, and BTW, it happened in Venezuela not Colombia... just making it clear.
mm!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #512 on: November 10, 2010, 07:54:47 AM »
Dallas lost the passport on a Friday....I think Justin lost the passport on a Sat. The Consulate in Moscow was open on Sat and Dallas got it back. The flight the teams took left Moscow at 5 am....well before the Consulate opened. Toni/Dallas made it out of Moscow that day.....they were just too late arriving in Portland to make the finish line.

I think Justin and Zev had to wait till Monday for the Consulate to open....Like Dallas.....when they got there, so was the passport.
Matthew 7:15

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #513 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
Dallas lost the passport on a Friday....I think Justin lost the passport on a Sat. The Consulate in Moscow was open on Sat and Dallas got it back. The flight the teams took left Moscow at 5 am....well before the Consulate opened. Toni/Dallas made it out of Moscow that day.....they were just too late arriving in Portland to make the finish line.

I think Justin and Zev had to wait till Monday for the Consulate to open....Like Dallas.....when they got there, so was the passport.

WOW... I didn't know all that.

I guess my point is, they're letting the mexicans play without rules.
They let the brothers separate even though is against the rules.
They let the brothers play without their passports... against the rules.
The let the brothers check-in without their luggage, even though it's against the RULES... just this past weekend, Phil didn't let Chad and Stephanie do it because they didn't had their backpacks nor paid their cabbie so... I just don't like that.
mm!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #514 on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
Is this a rehash of the original poll Discovery did? ???

If so, why repost it now?

http://forumbisnis88.com/?p=1869

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »

Maybe someone that just starting watching the show and didn't know the poll was already over?
Wild guess... I guess.
mm!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2010, 09:49:57 AM »

The let the brothers check-in without their luggage, even though it's against the RULES... just this past weekend, Phil didn't let Chad and Stephanie do it because they didn't had their backpacks nor paid their cabbie so... I just don't like that.

After all the applied rules in the first couple of legs I thought this would be a fair race... but after this I lost every hope :(

Actually Phil didn't let Chad&Stephanie check-in because they didn't paid their taxi
The luggage can be leave in any part of the race... remember Steve&Allie in TAR16 and even Frank&Margarita in TAR1 changing their backpacks and leaving the extra weight in the airport...

Maybe someone that just starting watching the show and didn't know the poll was already over?
Wild guess... I guess.

I always thought that poll was to know how many viewers per country have the race...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #517 on: November 10, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
WOW... I didn't know all that.

1. Production didn't let them separate, they forced the first one to travel with the other teams (probably due to budget constraints)
2. It's not against the rules to compete without your passport (Toni & Dallas lost theirs and weren't eliminated on the spot.
3. You don't need your luggage to check in, remember Steve & Allie? Phil made Chad & Stephanie go back because they had to pay for their cab (this was the real reason).
The story so far:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #518 on: November 10, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »
You have to have your passport to check in at the mat. True that Toni/Dallas keep racing after they discovered they didnt have Dallas's passport. As soon as DanDrew checks in, then Phil went out and eliminated them. Up to that point, the lost passport was not the problem. When Dallas lost the TAR fanny pack, he also lost all their money. They had to start begging for funds to finish the leg. I am sure if it had just been his passport.....Toni and Dallas would have ended up like Zev/Justin and Phil would not have checked them in and made them look for it till the last team checked in.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #519 on: November 15, 2010, 02:17:13 AM »
I have to confess that after a REWATCH of all the episodes aired so far plus the last episode, I have to eat a couple of my words...

Yes this race have lineal task where teams are not allowed to outrun another team, but are every two legs, or something like that, so they do can outrun others, they just don't do it because some teams are more competitive and are always racing, and others just perform the tasks kinda slow... still think that some task are weird and sometimes not the right one... for example the last speedbump in Rio de Janeiro was too easy and place it too early in the leg was weird...

I would put the teams to dance a capoeira or samba routine or something like that before the detour... nothing hard but the speedbump usually have something to do about the culture of the city...

This season it is getting exciting and the teams are getting more and more competitive with every leg...

The edition is better, details are missing but now that there is less teams to show they do show everything or at least everything important...

I have to add that I though that all the penalties were because the teams were not paying attention to the clue but sometimes it is the clue that is too technical that leads to penalties... sometimes...

I was totally impressed for the attitude of some teams the last leg... Aleandra&Marlene made it really good and were racing their ass off... both Aleandra&Marlene and Guilherme&Vinicius change their attitude completely and were racing without complaining or bickering with each other...

Still think this season needs a lot to improve but the last leg was a good one, I really enjoy it  :tup:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #520 on: November 21, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »
I finally caught up with the remaining episodes. Sigh. Although I like C/M, the producers shouldn't let them continue without their passports, though. A rule is a rule, nobody should be checked in without their passports.
The producers were cutting corners & if they're not careful the audience will cry favoritism, like now. Well at least now we know why they have 3 Mexican teams.
I also didn't like the speedbump for A/M. Why have a speedbump when everyone is bunched up & waiting to be released? Doesn't make any sense.

1 question: if a contestant could help his/her partner during the military detour (from 2 eps ago), why didn't the younger Edison helped his dad? At first I thought it was forbidden, then I saw Jose (?) helped Marietta climbed the wooden wall.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #521 on: November 21, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »
I finally caught up with the remaining episodes. Sigh. Although I like C/M, the producers shouldn't let them continue without their passports, though. A rule is a rule, nobody should be checked in without their passports.
The producers were cutting corners & if they're not careful the audience will cry favoritism, like now. Well at least now we know why they have 3 Mexican teams.
I also didn't like the speedbump for A/M. Why have a speedbump when everyone is bunched up & waiting to be released? Doesn't make any sense.

1 question: if a contestant could help his/her partner during the military detour (from 2 eps ago), why didn't the younger Edison helped his dad? At first I thought it was forbidden, then I saw Jose (?) helped Marietta climbed the wooden wall.

Actually Esteban help Marisol to climb the wall... In an interview during the episode she said that after 45 min. or something like that he can help her beacuse he ask the judge of the task and i believe was written in the additional info of the clue... I think Lili said something about it in her "behind the camera"...

Probably Edison&Edison didn't knew and probably they didn't ask because they were too ahead to worry about it...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #522 on: November 21, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »

That's because there was no bunching, they were released according to the times they checked in at the hotel
The story so far:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #523 on: November 25, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
Still, they had to do the speed bump when others were waiting to be released. Why not have them do it in the middle of the day's tasks, as per usual?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #524 on: November 25, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
Still, they had to do the speed bump when others were waiting to be released. Why not have them do it in the middle of the day's tasks, as per usual?
Why should they? They are still getting further behind.
The story so far: