Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457284 times)

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »

But yay for TARLA!! I can't wait for it to start. I prefer this to TARA, although it is ridiculous they pack off the teams right after they got eliminated. & I hope the HOO is not too bad this season.

Btw, hola chilenos!!  :waves:

:waves:

I wonder when they are going to include an "Elimination Station" for the latinamerican version.

Hope they called the eliminated teams to greet the final 3 at the Finish Line.. But I mean Everyone not just the eliminated teams of the country of the final leg like the first season...

What you mean with HOO?

I would love an elimination station.... and if we can't get that, then don't put the 2 teams from that country on the finish line, because it looks really ugly....

Actually looks really sad... its like TARLA be the don't loved young brother of all the TAR versions... almost like the black sheep of the family  :lol3:... oh well i think that title goes to Brazilian version... that i just noticed they have the first FF team to ever win an Amazing Race, even before TARA

And again what is the meaning of "HOO"

Edit: TARA was first by six months  :groan:

Well, in the brazilian version there was not even one team on the finish line, that was really sad!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »
HOO is Hours of Operation.

And :welcome: to RFF again!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #402 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
HOO is Hours of Operation.

And :welcome: to RFF again!

:waves:

Thanks for that  :tup:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: June 05, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
At least teams don't get bunched by flights lol
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #404 on: June 06, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »
Everybody we have news from TARLA2 ... It cames from a guy in Veracruz who post it on the facebook wall of "The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel" group, eleven hours ago (Saturday - 14:14)

Original Post:
Quote from: Jahaziel Diaz
HEY CHICOS SPOILER!! Soy de veracruz México, hace dos fines de semana recorriendo el centro de mi ciudad vi a una pareja de jóvenes corriendo como locos ( con las mochilotas y todo y uniformados, es decir el mismo color de pants y mismo color de playera) por el centro histórico (del puerto de veracruz) con un camarogra ...fo grabando detrás de ellos, después un amigo me confirmó que en un hotel en el centro cerca de donde vi a estos chavos estaban reunidos muchos extranjeros y que una de las salas de negocios estaba llena de equipo de filmación!! Será que TARLA empieza en México específicamente en veracruz, yo creo que si, solo resta esperar a septiembre y ver que pasa!

Recordemos que esta dentro del periodo de grabación que es mayo-junio!!

Translation (i'm doing my best  :-[):

Quote from: Jahaziel Diaz
HEY GUYS SPOILER!! I'm from Veracruz, Mexico, two weekend ago walking at the center of my city I saw a young copule running like crazy (with the backpacks and everything, uniformed, i mean with the same color of trousers and t-shirt) in the historical center (of Veracruz's harbor) with a cameraman recording behind them, after a friend of mine confirmed that in a nearby hotel of where I saw this people there was a lot of foreigner together and that one of the business room was full with film crew!! Maybe TARLA is starting in Veracruz, Mexico, i believe it is, just have to wait to September to see what happen

To Sum up...

In May 22/23 a young couple running with their cameraman in Veracruz, specifically in the city centre near the harbor.
And in a nearby hotel the film crew

This guy is also guessing that the starting line was in Veracruz but the film wasn't supposed to start two weeks before they were seen?

This plus a few tweets posted before could be the confirmation of Veracruz in the Route, and possibly not in the beggining of the Race...

So far we have Puebla, Mexico . Veracruz, Mexico . Chichicastenango, Guatemala . Antigua, Guatemala

I'm just guessing making my own conclusion but i'm actually happy to see if the race start in Mexico and the picture of the chilean team is from Guatemala... that means they are not the first team to go  :yess:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:49:42 AM by Vitoko »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2010, 03:44:06 AM »
This was wandering in TARA 4 spec:

I don't know how reliable this is but.......

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/OblivionWielder
hoy vi a 2 parejas compitiendo en the amazing race en el aeropuerto de veracruz : D

Translated:
Today I saw two couples competing in the Amazing Race at the airport in mexico: D
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »
Yes, HOO is hours of operation. Thx, Peach. They have too many HOO bunching points last season.

Gonzalo, soy de Yakarta (Indonesia) but I've been to your country twice. In fact, I was in Santiago when the first episode ran. Despues I resorted to watching the show on Youtube, which was actually better because when the teams spoke too fast I could rewind  :-[

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
Yes, HOO is hours of operation. Thx, Peach. They have too many HOO bunching points last season.

Gonzalo, soy de Yakarta (Indonesia) but I've been to your country twice. In fact, I was in Santiago when the first episode ran. Despues I resorted to watching the show on Youtube, which was actually better because when the teams spoke too fast I could rewind  :-[

Nice to hear that you were on Santiago, and WOW!!! you're from Indonesia, that's too far away from Chile!!! And what were you doing here in Santiago? studying? visiting friends? tourism?......

BTW,according to this article:
http://www.imagendelgolfo.com.mx/resumen.php?id=178030
when the teams visited Veracruz, they were on El Tajín National Park.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline zipley

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:30 PM »
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I just read something about TAR Latin America here in Brazil:
"There's nothing official, but a friend of mine saw some people at Niterói Contemporary Art Museum filming a pit stop on June 3"

I don't know anything else because I didn't see anything, and I don't live close to Niterói at all.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I just read something about TAR Latin America here in Brazil:
"There's nothing official, but a friend of mine saw some people at Niterói Contemporary Art Museum filming a pit stop on June 3"

I don't know anything else because I didn't see anything, and I don't live close to Niterói at all.

Please be real  :jumpy: ,  Love the flower/ufo shape designed by Oscar Niemeyer  :jumpy: , i'm excited two weeks ago i have a class of brazilian architecture and this building came up (I'm studying Architecture)... So  it would be great see it as a Pit stop

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #410 on: June 10, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »
si, gonzalo, es muy lejos! i was just passing by, on my way to uruguay. i already backpacked my way all over chile 7 years ago.

i know this is probably wishful thinking, but i hope they visit cuba. it's the only franchise that can do it, unfortunately.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
I found this posted on facebook about  45 minutes ago:

My last night in Ecuador: walked on the malecon, went to Las Peñas again to see the beautiful city of Guayaquil at night, saw players from The Amazing Race: Latin America running around and solving a puzzle, and now I'm waiting for my food at TGI Friday's. Couldn't get any better than this...

and a followup message a few minutes later:

PS The players had come from Bolivia today and are on their way to the Galapagos tomorrow morning. It was so cool to see!

I thought TAR:LA had finished a week or so back. Maybe this guy is just late in posting about his trip.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2010, 11:29:12 PM »
I guess TAR:LA is still active. I found this posted on Twitter a couple of hours ago:

Saw the Amazing Race team from Mexico in downtown Guayaquil this afternoon.... trying to heard up the iguanas.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2010, 12:13:31 AM »
China Rush is done...but TARLA is still running...and I am SOOOOO jealous for TAR!! The Galapagos!!  :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2010, 12:19:25 AM »
China Rush is done...but TARLA is still running...and I am SOOOOO jealous for TAR!! The Galapagos!!  :jumpy:

That's it! I saw a twitter message from a China Rush contestant saying he was glad to be home. Somehow I switched that in my mind to be TARLA was over.  :groan:

The Galapagos should be great! I'm jealous too. Maybe they will pave the way for TAR 18.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »
Mexico -> Guatemala -> Brazil -> Ecuador

We are missing a lot of destinations they should be on the Final 5 or 4, so there is only one or two legs to run... so I wonder where is the Final Destination, Ecuador? Colombia? Peru? Mexico again? Somewhere in the Ocean Pacific?  :lol3:

I was waiting for another leg in Chile actually in Tierra del Fuego and the Antartica Chilena that would be awesome...

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »
You forgot to insert Bolivia before Ecuador, Vitoko.

Man, TARLA has waaaay cooler destinations than TAR!  :lol: I wonder what kind of tasks they can do in Galapagos. It's a delicate ecosystem. All that running around can't be good for the local seal population.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
You forgot to insert Bolivia before Ecuador, Vitoko.

Man, TARLA has waaaay cooler destinations than TAR!  :lol: I wonder what kind of tasks they can do in Galapagos. It's a delicate ecosystem. All that running around can't be good for the local seal population.

Actually i didn't see that post till now sorry about that :/ I was wondering where you guys read about the Galapagos...

I don't know if it's me or you are misundertanding me i wasn't laguing about the location of TARLA i just laugh about the "Somewhere on the Ocean Pacific" location... just that...

If it's just me forget about it xD

What to do in Galapagos Island according to wikitravel:

Recommended activities

* Climb the hill on Bartolome for the classic Galapagos view
    * Visit the Giant Tortoise breeding and rearing program at the Charles Darwin Research Centre[24] on Santa Cruz.
    * See the red neck sacks of the Magnificent Frigatebird on North Seymour.
    * Visit unique and color species like the Galapagos penguins on Isabela or Floreana.
    * Go snorkeling with sea lions and pacific sea turtles as often as possible.

[edit] Snorkeling & Scuba Diving

Snorkeling and diving are very popular activities as the sea life is so rich and colourful.

Snorkeling equipment should be available from your tour operator (but check first) if you don't have your own. You may also want to bring a waterproof camera. Remember to wear at least a T-shirt and suntan lotion if you are snorkeling, as it's all too easy to get sunburnt in the strong sun. Snorkeling offers a way to be in the water with fish, sea turtles, sea lions, and other creatures and is a great option for those who don't have scuba certification.

Diving in the Galapagos is incredible as noted by Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine. Ranked as the best dive destination in the world for several years in the categories of healthiest marine environment, best big animal dive and best advanced diving. That said, the Galapagos is not necessarily the right place for beginners or novices. Currents, surge, cold water, and sometimes poor visibility and depths make this a challenge. Certification courses are available in both Santa Cruz and San Cristobal for those looking to learn, and there are several dive sites that are relatively beginner-friendly.

There are 3 ways to dive in the Galapagos Islands:

1. Daily dives with a local tour operator, primarily from Santa Cruz and San Cristobal.
   2. Galapagos island-hopping dive trips
   3. Galapagos liveaboards.

Two of the world's premier diving destinations, Darwin Island and Wolf Island, are accessible only via expensive live-aboard charters. These islands present challenging currents and are not suitable for beginners, but offer amazing opportunities to see huge schools of hammerhead sharks and occasional whale sharks, amongst many other large animals. Other areas within the park offer opportunities for swimming with sharks, sea turtles, and a vast number of fish species.

Note that park regulations may change unexpectedly; in 2007, many divers were caught unaware as the National Park withdrew diving permits from quite a few cruise ships without notice, leaving many divers without dive cruises they had booked far in advance. For this reason, travelers are advised to get the most up-to-date information possible when planning a dive trip to the Galapagos Islands. In 2010, the National Park is now regulating land-based diving for the first time and few of the many shops operating have the new permits necessary.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #418 on: August 04, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »
Hello everyone, has been a while...

Just noted a post in the official forum of TARLA in the Discovery Channel website.
According to the Post of someone named Biancu from Argentina, the race is going to be aired at September 5 at 23pm  :yess:

Don't know anything else... if read something I let you know ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2010, 06:46:10 AM »
Thanks for letting us know Vitoku!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »
 :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: yaaaay! I've put it down on my calendar. I hope someone will post the episodes on Youtube right after they air. Pretty please. ;)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #421 on: September 04, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »
Hey guys, it's been a while...  :waves:

We have finally got something official of TARLA2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKC6qdkGCY

I think it's the first promo of the new season.
It's not really that important.
It doesn't show anything actually.

The promo shows Harris Whitbeck (that i think that have gained a little bit of weight) inviting us to watch soon the new season in September.

But... A post in the Discovery Channel Forum, actually say a lot more.

Publicado. 03 Septiembre. 2010 06:52
BUENAS BUENAS, YA TARLA TIENE UNA FECHA DE INICIO ES EL 26 DE SEPTIEMBRE A LAS 22:30 HORA DE CARACAS Y A LAS 0:00 AM DE ARGENTINA, TAMBIEN SE SABE LA LOCALIDAD DE LA LARGADA SERA EN TIKAL GUATEMALA EN EL TEMPLO DEL JAGUAR, ESTAN YA PRECENTADAS LAS PAREJAS DE ARGENTINA SERAN LAS AMIGAS ALEJANDRA Y MARLENE: http://www.colombopashkus.com....endo-dos-argentinas/ Y TAMBIEN LA DE CHILE LOS HERMANOS MORENO: http://www.publimetro.cl/nota/...IQjic!8asXCr62SGXos/.
POR AHORA ESO ES LO QUE SE SABE CON RESPECTO A LAS PAREJAS.

Basically this guy said from Venezuela said that, the race is going to air in September 26 and the Starting Line was in Templo del Jaguar (Jaguar's temple) National Park of Tikal, Guatemala.

And gives the name of two couples.

Alejandra Scafati and Marlene Zichy, Friends from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Mariana Moreno and Mauricio Moreno, Sibblings from Concepcion, Chile

We already know them and a couples of pages back its the link of their youtube casting video.

The Links in the post tell us a little bit more.
It will be 13 episodes and the couples are from Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Republica Dominicana, Argentina and Venezuela.
15 Cities. 21000 kilometers (Over 13000 miles)

The entire Cast of TARLA2

The Starting Line

Any Thought?
PS. It took me so long to update the images , it's been a long time since I use imageshack, so i hope you guys can see them...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:10:42 PM by Vitoko »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #422 on: September 04, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »
Vitoko!! :jumpy:

Thank you SO much for sharing all that, the pictures are great!

Wow, 4 TAR's simultaneously airing!!

Here is the video....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »
Peach, there are only 3 that will air this September: Asia 4,  Latin America 2, America 17.

But if you include Survivor: Nicaragua... I'm in ecstacy already! :colors :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
Peach, there are only 3 that will air this September: Asia 4,  Latin America 2, America 17.

But if you include Survivor: Nicaragua... I'm in ecstacy already! :colors :lol:

Nope..China Rush is airing too! That makes 4!! :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule: