Author Topic: Jeff Probst's blog & news  (Read 65768 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Jeff Probst's blog!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 12)

Jeff:  Debbie, how will tonight’s vote change this game?

Debbie:  It will change how this tribe behaves, and I do think it will be a surprise:

Well, you were right about that.  It was definitely a surprise...

...to Debbie.  That was about the only thing Debbie had right last night.

Wow.  Timbira, you guys blew it.  Brendan, Tyson, Sierra and now Debbie.  Incredible.  You guys absolutely blew it.   

Debbie:  “Now’s the time to make a move.  I’m playing the game big time.”  What?! Debbie, you were about...oh three weeks behind!  The game has been playing you and the rest of the Timbira group for weeks now.   

You knew it was bad when Debbie went so far as to approach J.T. and Stephen and say “I want to be with you guys.”   I guess Debbie just didn’t realize that she had nothing of value to offer J.T. and Stephen.  Nothing.  Debbie is right, you do have to make a big move to win the game, Debbie just made her big move way too late.

The decimation of the Timbira tribe is one of the reasons this game continues to work.  No matter how tight your alliance, there is ALWAYS somebody who is on the bottom of the totem pole and that person is dangerous because they are looking to move up by moving over to the other side.  When Erinn turned, so did the game.

At the merge, what odds would you have given that the Jalapao three would even be in the game let alone in a position to be in charge?  Granted there are still many things that can happen but Stephen, J.T. and Taj still in this game was something nobody would have predicted.

Crazy.  And the best part is that there is no strategy to prevent these things from happening. It’s impossible.  If I am the 5th person in a 5 person alliance and by joining 3 others I can become the 4th person, I’ve just moved up one full spot.  Of course, I’m gonna make that move.  I have nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.  The longer you’re in the game the better chance you have at winning.  Pretty basic.

PERSONAL SHARING:  The Survivor Auction:  Okay, let me preface this by giving my usual “if you don’t love love, then skip onto the next section.”  For those of you new to these blogs, you should know this about me – for all of my ranting and raving – most of that is just for fun.  I love love more than anything else in the world.  I am always fighting to do a loved one challenge because I think it is good television and I love the Survivors getting an infusion of the one thing that can inspire them after 30 some days in the middle of nowhere.

It was so fun to be a part of Taj’s reaction at the Auction.  We always wonder how things like the message from home will go - will we get the drama we hope for?  Will we get big reactions?  Will there be tears?  With Taj we got it all and then some!

INSIGHT:  After the auction was over, there was a bit of a celebration amongst the crew.  We had carefully laid out how to play the loved one portion of the auction.  The line “see you back at camp” was just subtle enough so as to not completely call attention to itself, but it was strong enough that the longer it lingered the more clear it became:  “See-you-back-at-camp. SEE-YOU-BACK-AT-CAMP!”  It shouldn’t even be something that the audience notices, but you guys like insight, so this is insight.  We work hard to make sure we get the details just right – and when it pays off it’s an incentive for us to continue working hard.  This one paid off.

Seeing Taj and her husband Eddie George on Exile Island was a great story.  Here’s a guy who makes his living getting beat up playing pro football and yet even he is impressed with his wife and everything she has gone through.  By the way, did anybody else notice how easily Eddie made fire?  Hmm.  Eddie George for season 19?

The other thing I liked about this episode is we had enough time to show you a bit of each Survivor’s relationship with their loved one.  It reminds you that they are real people with real lives.

Talk about insight:

J.T.’s sister letting J.T. know that everybody wishes he was back home with the cows.

Erinn’s dad seeing his “girly girl” daughter surviving out in the wild.

Eddie George admitting “something about the wild is a bit of a turn on.”

Come on, this is good stuff.  And then before you know it, the loved ones are gone and  it’s …

… back to the game.

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie.  Sitting around the campfire dictating to J.T., Stephen and Erinn how things need to go – man oh man.  I give her credit for trying to strike a deal with an imaginary idol that she doesn’t have promising to give it to J.T. and Stephen if she ever ends up with it.  No matter how much you like someone, there is NO WAY you can believe that promise.  It just doesn’t happen, not with one million dollars within reach.
NO CHANCE she holds true on that promise.  No chance.

INSIGHT:  The Immunity Challenge – let me be clear about something.  What Stephen did was jaw dropping amazing.  We rehearsed that challenge several times.  Our smartest guys practiced that challenge.  Nobody came close to memorizing the numbers in one pass.  Stephen was so far behind, much further than we even had time to show, that I wasn’t even paying attention to him.  I thought J.T. had it in the bag.  Stephen finally returns and like a mad scientist starts scribbling numbers down as fast as he can.  I was checking my cheat sheet, I couldn’t believe he had it right.  You can even see me double checking it again after he said he had it.  I had to make sure I wasn’t missing something.   Our crew was talking about that for a couple of days.  Very impressive.

FINAL WORDS:  I did something this blog and I hope you all appreciate it.  Can you guess what it is that I did?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/jeff-probst-b-1.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2009, 01:28:42 AM »
To answer Jeff's question at the end of his blog...

He didn't rant and rave about Coach!  :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »
To answer Jeff's question at the end of his blog...

He didn't rant and rave about Coach!  :yess:
:yess:  :jam:

And JP is on the ball getting his blogs out so early! thanks for posting Will!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2009, 02:39:04 AM »
Puddin, you have no idea how excited I was to post the blog.....nothing big on Coach was a shocker!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:55 AM »
Puddin, you have no idea how excited I was to post the blog.....nothing big on Coach was a shocker!

LOL. NO COACH = GOOD BLOG ENTRY. :tup: :funny:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
i love jeff's blog's, but what is the u no that we no ??? that was put in the couch section of his blog. i hope it means couch is gone next..
and that was pretty amasing what steven did , also did we get a hint that jt and steven r gona turn on each other and i am wondering if it is going to b a taj /jt or taj /steven f2??? he kind of hinted to it jmo.. i love to read between the lines. :camping:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »
Jeff does it again  :jam:  Such restraint in not mentioning coach even once, don't know how he managed it when he had so much material to work with.  Forget about him being blindsided as bad as Debbie (once again).  Forget about him saying "they call me the dragonslayer".  Jeff didn't mention that while everyone else was visiting with spouses, parents & siblings coach was visiting with his assistant coach . . . kinda sad . . .   Guess that just shows that Jeff has class  :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Jeff Probst's blog & news
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:35 AM »

Keeping it real on Survivor: Host Jeff Probst loves going live for reunion show.

By Alex Strachan, Canwest News ServiceMay 11, 2009

The great thing about cliches, to hear Jeff Probst tell it, is that they're mostly true. Never let 'em see you sweat. Make it look easy. If you look as if you're having fun while hosting Survivor's live reunion show, chances are, people watching will have fun, too - both the contestants on the stage and the viewers watching at home.

As Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands winds down to its May 17 season finale and live-reunion program, the Emmy-winning Probst is preparing the only way he knows: through total immersion.

Most weeks, Survivor is a study in how to manipulate the viewing audience. For each day spent on location, three days are spent in the editing suite, deciding each castaway's plot line for that episode. The process is highly secretive - outsiders, especially reporters, are barred - and nothing is left to chance. Every expression, every word, every note of music is calculated for effect.

The live reunion shows are different, though.

And, perhaps surprisingly, Probst purely loves the process of ``going live.''

``I love live television,'' Probst told Canwest News Service in a telephone interview, sounding upbeat and energetic. ``I love the experience; it reminds me of why I got into this business in the first place.''

Hosting Survivor's live reunion shows is about being in the moment, while keeping one eye on the clock. Probst announces the winner - good drama is all about the dramatic pause, he says - then segues to commercial during the post- reveal celebrations.

During the break, he checks to see how much time is left, then takes it from there.

``Every year, I tell the producers that this time I may not get to all 16 people, and they're fine with that,'' Probst said. ``It creates an out for me, and that takes the pressure off.

``But then I think to myself: This may be their last time on television. Their families, their friends, possibly everybody they grew up with, is watching, and they'll probably never get there again. I have an obligation to fit everyone in.''

Survivor's reunion programs are not like late-night talk shows, where celebrity guests come with pre-prepared talking points and the show bookers have often prepped the celebrities in advance.

``I'm talking to people who are not used to being on live TV,'' Probst explained. ``During the break, I'll pick out a couple of people and say, `Remember, I'm going to ask you this after the break.' And by the time we get back, they'll have completely forgotten about it. Or they'll decide it's not something they want to talk about on national television, after all. But that's part of what makes it real.''

Probst is determined to get everyone in, though, no matter what.

``I try to have at least one question for everybody who appeared in the show. It seems only right. There's a constant time crunch, though.''

Probst is also philosophical about co-hosting last September's Emmy Awards ceremony - unscripted - with American Idol's Ryan Seacrest, Deal or No Deal's Howie Mandel, Project Runway's Heidi Klum and Dancing with the Stars' Tom Bergeron.

As The Hollywood Reporter reported at the time, the ceremony had more than its share of snarky backbiting, on-camera confessionals and alliances dividing the room.

The hosts couldn't agree on a sketch beforehand - ``It's hard to get five people to agree on anything,'' Probst told The Hollywood Reporter at the time - so they went onstage with nothing prepared.

The resulting show was pilloried by the critics and drew the ire of Entourage winner Jeremy Piven, the evening's first Emmy recipient, who complained about the opening during his acceptance speech. Ironically, Probst himself won an Emmy later in the evening.

``It was an experience I won't soon forget,'' Probst said. ``I had the high of winning, and the low of hosting.''

As for his summer vacation plans - Survivor has filmed in some of the most alluring vacation spots in the world, including the Marquesas Islands in French Polynesia and the Pacific island paradises of Palau, Vanuatu and Fiji - Probst's answer may come as a surprise.

``I plan to pack some things in my car and just go,'' he said. ``I'm a road- trip guy. I don't go for any of these big adventure-travel-type trips. I get enough of that just through doing Survivor.''

Don't be surprised, then, if you see Probst this summer filling up at a gas station near you.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=1584906&sponsor=

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
Traveling with the Stars: Jeff Probst

By Kelly Carter, special for USA TODAY
Jeff Probst, the host of Survivor since the show's inception in 2000, has traveled to every continent except Antarctica— "Not that I have anything against penguins," he quips — and dozens of countries. This season's finale from Tocantins, Brazil, airs May 17 on CBS. He shares his travel highlights and tips with USA TODAY.
Q: Where have you been recently that you liked or were surprised by?

A: Obviously I travel a lot internationally, but I recently took a road trip to Arizona to visit the Grand Canyon. I hadn't been there in years and I was reminded of how beautiful and massive it is in scope. Truly breathtaking. I sometimes forget that some of the greatest destinations are right here in my own backyard. They're also inexpensive enough to make them affordable even in these tougher economic times.

MORE CELEBRITY TRAVEL: Bridget Marquardt
ARCHIVE: Previous Traveling with the Stars columns
Q: What's your favorite vacation spot?

A: Survivor has taken me to some breathtaking spots around the world. I think the most beautiful is Palau in Micronesia. The water is so clear you can see 30-40 feet. It is home to some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the world. The most famous dive spot in Palau is called "Blue Corner" where the current is so strong that you must clip onto a rock and just hang out watching the entire sea world swim past. For something very different, try scuba diving ship wrecks and Japanese zero planes left over from WWII. Jellyfish Lake is one of the most amazing one-of-a-kind experiences ever. There is a section of fresh water where thousands of non-stinging jellyfish live. It's like swimming in a kaleidoscope. It's absolutely stunning and because they have lost their necessity to sting, there is no worry. Food tip: The Bem Ermii Hamburger stand is a fixture in Palau. Order a burger with the works.

Q: What's the best place you've ever visited?

A: Kenya, Africa, is probably the one place that spiritually moved me. We lived in tents in the middle of a game reserve while shooting Survivor, so I would wake up every morning to a different collection of wildlife. One morning it would be zebra, the next morning a pack of wildebeest. The sunsets in Africa are incredible and at night the stars seem so close you truly believe you can almost touch them. We were also able to spend time with some Maasai warriors from the Samburu tribe and learn about their culture and daily life. An African safari is an absolute "must do" for any semi-serious traveler. It's that good.

Q: What's the most surprising/unexpected place you're ever visited?

A: I was most surprised to discover that the Amazon rainforest is so fun! We all know that the Amazon provides more than 20% of the world's oxygen and is home to the anaconda. But you spend a few days there and you'll discover more mammals, lizards and bugs than you ever dreamed existed. We stayed at the Ariaú Amazon Towers (in Brazil), which sits atop 70-foot catwalks to allow for the incredible rising water levels that happen seasonally.

Q: Can you offer an insider tip for your favorite vacation spot?

A: If you find yourself in Guatemala, visit the city of Chichicastenango, where you will find one of the greatest flea markets in the world. The market is a maze of covered stalls with every kind of handicraft made in Guatemala. I spent an entire day working my way from one vendor to another. My favorite purchase: a pair of quilted pants that looked amazing in Guatemala and ridiculous when I got back home to Los Angeles.

http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Traveling+with+the+Stars%3A+Jeff+Probst+-+USATODAY.com&expire=&urlID=35233210&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Ftravel%2Fcelebrity%2F2009-05-13-jeff-probst_N.htm&partnerID=1664

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 13)

No sense in burying the lead. It finally happened. You all got your wish....

...Coach is gone.

You’ve been complaining about him for weeks on end. The universal energy you all put out there to get rid of him worked.

Now be honest... are you truly happy? Is life better now?

Or do you think you might miss him just a wee little bit? Be honest.

Listen up 'cause I’m gonna give you a dose of truth that will either having you nodding in agreement or vowing to never watch the show again: Coach was without question the most dynamic character this season. Nobody was even a close second.

Thinking Coach is a great character doesn’t mean I think he’s a great guy. It also doesn’t mean I think he’s a punk. My personal feelings about Coach are irrelevant; I’m only talking from a show point of view. He was, in the words of Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn, “money.” Absolute money.

Love him or hate him, Coach provided more memorable moments than anybody on the show in years. He is an absolute must if we ever do another all-stars and if you saw him on the street you wouldn’t be able to help yourself. You’d approach him so fast you’d lose your shoes.

Let’s review his farewell episode, shall we?

Just when you thought Coach couldn’t provide any more fantastic moments...Coach gets sent to Exile Island.

The exchange between Coach and Erinn was one of the best of the season. Upon watching the episode and seeing what Coach said in interview and to J.T. (which I am not privy to during the show) I actually do not think Coach was trying to upstage Erinn. I think Coach was worried about making fire and living on his own. I think he was worried that he might look bad and so decided to avoid doing anything at all and instead turn it into a positive “choice.”

Coach’s speech on Exile Island will go down as one of the most fantastic in the history of our show. Coach Wade talking about himself in the third person was so good I am speechless. I cannot express how much I enjoyed it. Absolutely brilliant.

ADVICE: Young actors in Hollywood, take the Coach Wade monologue and use it as your audition piece for any and every thing. Wanna get an agent? Lay that on them. Wanna book that commercial? Give them a yuppie version of Coach Wade. Wanna meet Spielberg? Get to work on Coach Wade and it just may happen. You can’t go wrong with Coach Wade.

You guys think I’m putting you on. I really do think you could do a show with Coach Wade. Word for word, moment for moment, Coach Wade is one of the most entertaining guys on television today.

I’m surprised CBS hasn’t already signed him to his own show. “Weekends With Coach Wade.” Or of course the more dramatic, “By day he’s a former soccer coach and part time conductor. On the weekends he is ‘The Dragon Slayer.” No need for writers or actors. It’s all about Coach and his life and it’s all there.

Yes, I am serious. I miss Coach.

The immunity challenge couldn’t have been much better. Talk about a classic Survivor challenge. Unreal. Love it. It was so good I am laughing as I am writing this – sheer joy. It started with Coach’s long walk in from Exile and the insincere hug from Stephen. Ah, this game can be so brutal.

The challenge itself was really good. I love challenges that are simple in concept but demanding in execution. That challenge was definitely demanding. Very hard on your feet. I tried it myself. It hurts. A lot. It was a very hot day as well.

But Coach’s dramatic fall from grace was one of the most memorable performances ever. If there are any award shows honoring reality stars, Coach has to be nominated and he is a shoo-in to win. Name anybody on any reality show this year that has been more compelling than Coach? Nobody, I tell you, nobody! Long Live Coach Wade!

And like any Emmy-worthy episode of Survivor, it ended with what else...a poem from Coach Wade. In case you missed it:

With friend and foe we march to the battle plain
Some to seek success others to seek fame
We play with honor for the love of this game
And with armor or without we will toil in vain
So that someday someone somewhere will remember our name.

Coach, I assure you, nobody will ever forget your name. You left your mark on Survivor. I hope it is not the last we see of you.

Okay, so where are we now? Our final four:

J.T. – If he gets to the final two he probably wins...unless he goes up against...

TAJ – This would be quite a show down. Two of the most well liked people in the game.

STEPHEN – Best bet is to go up against Erinn, who he could probably beat.

ERINN – A long shot due to her betrayal – hard for her to get votes from the former Timbira members on the jury. Might be smart to take her all the way to the end.

You know how this works...Sunday May 17, 8-10 p.m. our final 2 hour episode. 10-11pm the live reunion show. If you’re in the central time zone it’s one hour earlier across the board.

I hope you enjoy it. As always it’s been a pleasure chatting each week. Thanks for all your feedback, positive... and negative! I wouldn’t want it any other way!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/jeff-probst-b-2.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
And Erinn has no chance. Sigh.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »
Jeff might miss Coach -- but I don't!  Ding-dong, the Coach is dead!

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »
5 Questions With: Jeff Probst
For 18 seasons, 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst has presided over tribal council, serving as witness to alliances, betrayals and contestants trying to outwit, outplay and outlast each other.

As the latest edition of the reality series, 'Survivor: Tocantins,' comes to an end this week (Sun., 8PM ET on CBS), the Emmy winner gave us a sneak peek at the finale and some more insight into Benjamin "Coach" Wade, the show's most over-the-top competitor since Richard Hatch.

1. What can we expect from the finale?
There's a pretty decent betrayal in the finale. I think it will shock a lot of people, and then for others they'll say "Doesn't surprise me at all." I like the final four ... It's been a pretty remarkable journey for them because there were these two tribes, this Timbira tribe that had the numbers, and all they had to do was pick off the Jalapao people and they would be sitting really pretty. But 'Survivor' has this great element to it and that is there's only one winner, and so no matter how strong your alliance is, somebody's always on the bottom of that alliance ... The thing you can count on is somebody [realizing], "I don't like being on the bottom, so I'm going to the other side," and then you have your twists and you're back in the game

2. Some fans say you've become more pointed in your questioning at tribal council. What do you think?
I think as the game evolved, and the show evolved, it just became a natural part of the discourse for me to let my opinion out. And I always approach tribal council as though I am the audience -- what does the audience want to know right now? But I don't ever feel like I influence the game too much ... In 18 seasons, I've never had a Survivor say, "You're singling me out, and it's not fair." Because tribal council will last 45 minutes or an hour, and everybody gets asked a lot of questions. It's just that all that we use on the show are those five questions that make it appear as though I know everything.

3. Where does this season rank in 'Survivor' history?
Coming into this season, I thought it was going to crack our top five, possibly ... I think it's definitely a top 10 season, but it's hard to know until it's over and you have your winner. But I think everybody's going to be very satisfied with the way this season ends, and hands down we have had one of the biggest characters in the history of our 18 seasons in Coach.

4. Do you really think he could have his own reality show, like you wrote in your EW.com blog?
I really do. I'm not kidding. I think you could set up a situation in which you followed Coach around in his daily life and create scenarios for him to be a part of. Think of all the things you wonder about: Does Coach have a girlfriend? Does he actually go on dates and talk like the Dragon Slayer to his girlfriend? Who are his friends? Where is his family? Do they think he's crazy? And what does Coach's house looks like? I mean, I have endless questions about a guy like this [laughs].

5. But would you have been happy if Coach won?
Oh, I [would've been] through the roof if Coach won. If a guy like Coach -- as outrageous as he is, with all the stories he told -- could somehow make it to the end and then convince the jury that he was more worthy than the person he was sitting next to, that would probably be the greatest win since Richard Hatch. [In last night's episode] Coach has one of the greatest scenes ever, and I've watched it several times and I just marvel at it. In fact, Jenna Fischer from 'The Office' wrote me the other day and said, "Coach's speeches are Dwight. That's exactly something Dwight on 'The Office' would say." It's just so beautiful. I mean, nobody writes like that.

http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/05/15/5-questions-with-jeff-probst/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
So...what has Jeff been smoking these days? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
There's a pretty decent betrayal in the finale. I think it will shock a lot of people, and then for others they'll say "Doesn't surprise me at all."

Well, the only possibilities i can see are -
1. Stepehen and JT getting rid of Taj before Erinn. (That's considered a betrayal isn't it.. they are supposed to be in an alliance altogether!)
2. Stephen wins the F3 immunity challenge and brings Taj rather than Stephen, knowing that he won't get Taj's vote if he vote her off and neither will he get TJ's vote too, and realized that his chances of winning is better against Taj and thus brings her to F2. (If #1 occurs, to make it more interesting, Stephen might bring Erinn to F2 too if Taj is voted off first!)

But I think everybody's going to be very satisfied with the way this season ends, and hands down we have had one of the biggest characters in the history of our 18 seasons in Coach.

The only people whom i can see win of the F4 and satisfied with how it ends is JT winning, or even Taj. Stephen and Erinn has ZERO chance i guess.

And then Jeff goes on and on about Coach again. Listen Jeff, nobody cares about Coach as much as you do. Do a popularity check and you might find that Coach popularity might even go to negative. Stop feeding us with Coach, he's gone and slayed.. tell us about the final four who slayed that dragon slayer, thanks.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
So...what has Jeff been smoking these days? :lol3:

He's probably on pills. :res:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2009, 12:22:18 PM »
Jeff on Live with Regis & Kelly

Part 1

Part 2

credit to spsurvivorvideos

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (the Finale!)

Okay guys...

Well, I am sorry this is so late, but better late than never...right?

This one will be short and sweet and not all that clever -- just the facts ma'am. (Name that show....)

As far as the outcome of the show, I was not surprised. Having sat in on the final tribal council it seemed pretty clear at the time that JT would win. I didn't expect it would be a total sweep but I think Stephen did himself in when he admitted he wouldn't have taken JT to the end. Stephen would have been foolish to take JT if given the choice. JT knew that and it poured the "pretend shock and hurt" on thick trying to garner jury votes. It worked.

Final Tribal Councils are quite tricky because the jury is almost always very upset that they are not in the final and so they are looking to get the last word in edgewise. Stephen was a sitting duck next to JT.

No, I don't feel sorry for Stephen. He played a very good game, but JT deserved to win. In fact, I'd go further and say that JT is one of the best overall players ever to play Survivor. He has it all and he has to come back if there is ever another All-Star season.

How fun was it to see a winner embrace his family with such affection. JT certainly seems to come from a good family. I'm happy for him. I'll bet his work life back home undergoes a significant change. The world he's in is very competitive and now that he's "JT from Survivor" something tells me he is going to have a few more doors opened. I hope so, seems like a genuine guy.

The Live Reunion Show was much better than I anticipated. I actually prepared myself for a rather ho-hum live show. Fortunately from the moment we began, with tears from JT until the very end with me accepting a dare from Regis and Kelly to wear a mystery necklace (which is now up for auction) the entire show was very fun.

Coach, was of course one of the highlights with his surprise lie detector test results. In case you are wondering -- yes I was COMPLETELY caught off guard. I am going to have to do a better job in the future of making sure Survivors understand that if you have something you want to do on our "LIVE" Reunion show, you have to run it past me first. That could have been a disaster. Live shows are tightly timed and the censors are quick to pull the plug if they sense something going south. Fortunately Coach did a great job and he went out the same way he came in -- with major fanfare.

Do I believe the test? Sure. I have no reason not to believe it. I think it's fascinating that we immediately assume he is lying. That's why I suggested the lie detector test in the first place. I wasn't there for the test and no, I am not going to call the guy who administered the test to check up on it because ultimately it's irrelevant to me. Whether or not Coach is telling the truth was never all that important to me, I just found him to be a fascinating guy.

After meeting his "lady friend" I find him even more interesting. How the heck did Coach score an accomplished, beautiful and well-spoken woman? Who would have guessed that?! Good for you, Coach!

And let's be fair -- his "lady friend' had the line of the night when she said, "I slay the dragon slayer!"

I thought Sierra did herself proud and I was blown away that she was in the top 3 for the Sprint Player of the Season award.

Eddie George was a nice highlight as well. Judging by the way he started fire so easily, he would be great to have on the show, I wonder if he'd be up for it?

There is always a dilemma for me when it comes to the "back row." The "back row" refers to those folks who for whatever reason were voted off early in the show. This season it was Catalina, Candace, Sandy, Joe, Jerry, Spencer, Sydney. They typically don't have much to contribute simply because they weren't there long enough. I always have the desire and the intention to give them a "moment" but I always wonder if I am sacrificing something more entertaining in the process. Always a tough call for me. It may not always be the case, but to date I have always talked to every single Survivor at the live show. Not sure that's worth anything but just sharing.

Okay -- three last notes:

1. If you want to own a piece of Survivor and benefit my charity, The Serpentine Project, at the same time -- you can go to eBay where there is a Survivor auction that goes on for a few more days. Torches, urns, tribe flags, even the Regis and Kelly necklace is up for bid.

2. If you're in the market for a Jeff Probst Bobble Head -- yes, that's what I said, a Bobble Head, you're in luck. CBS has made one and they're for sale. Bear in mind, I don't make anything off of this, not one single penny. I just want to let you know it's out there. I'm sure there's a few of you that would like to get one simply so you can smash the head every time I say something you don't like.

3. Finally, Survivor: Samoa should be fun -- I like the group of people we have. But you guys are the ultimate judge, you decide if the season was good or not. I look forward to hearing from you again next season.

Have a good summer!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/probst-finale.html

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
Wow, Jeff, way to not remember Carolina's name.  :groan:
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »
I've always been a fan of Jeff's but this past season I absolutely adore him and won't whine if he gets the reality host Emmy again *even though I think Phil Keoghan deserves it as well*

I love Eddie George, Taj is one lucky lucky lady that's for sure .......... oolala what a mighty fine man!

"Catalina" LMAO bag! She was forgettable so who could blame Jeff? and remember he swore to us that she would not be voted out first so things to remember in the future...

I saw the bobblehead Jeff and I think i might just get me one .. too cute!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »
Survivor has been nominated for best reality series.