Archive > The Amazing Race 14

TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)

<< < (64/65) > >>

georgiapeach:
from an Interview:

--- Quote ---LINDA: Watching myself come down the hill was a little hard because it doesn't show...CBS only has an hour, but I was on that mountain for four hours and I climbed back, went through fire trails, trying to find my way back, and then I had to come back down, but by that time I was just so frustrated.
--- End quote ---

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-steve-and-26532.aspx

This fits with our spoiler that one racer climbed back up....

Jobby:

--- Quote from: Belle Book on February 23, 2009, 04:17:09 PM ---I loved Phil's reaction to Mel & Mike's efforts to open the gate!   :funny:

I would've done Bouncing Dolly myself -- especially since I wouldn't be "creamed".

Belle Book

--- End quote ---

Same here, especially when we're on a race.. we don't even know if we will get a good place to shower ourselves.. and with the clothings full of cream.. it's really hard to wash those.

I would have taken the other Detour anyday, the Segways seem so much fun bouncing up and down! Too bad what we didn't see is 2 teams just trying to have fun and race with those Segways, would have been funny! :lol:

georgiapeach:

Joab's Latest Leaderboard!! :jumpy:

cba:
I don't know if someone already commented on that (if yes I apologize) but there was a mistake early in that leg. Right after the voiceovers of which teams are on the first flight (the Swiss one), they show a plane departing and it's clearly in the paint of the old Swiss airline "Swissair". Swissair doesn't exist anymore (bankruptcy in March 2002). The new airline, "SWISS", was established out of Swissair and a second Swiss airline ("Crossair", much smaller and operating only in Europe while Swissair flew worldwide); taking over planes, infrastructure and persons. To keep up with the flight service, they only painted the planes new over several months so there were still planes flying by "Swissair" when they were in reality "SWISS". (Makes sense?  :lol:) However, if I'm not mistaken the last plane was painted new in summer 2004.

My guess would be that the "Swissair" plane shown was filmed during the 3rd season - in leg 10, when they flew out from Geneva. That took place in Summer of 2002, so it's possible "SWISS" was still flying with planes in the old paint.

apskip:
cba, I believe that your information is incomplete. Yes, Swiss Air is out of business and acquired by Luthansa. However, the new version is named Swiss International Airlines Ltd., either Swiss (which is really an adjective and not an airline) or Swiss Air for short, so what's the problem here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version