Author Topic: Pre TAR15 Discussion  (Read 86201 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 15!!
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
**I cannot speak more about Singapore, because I haven't been there and based on the pictures and TAR 3, I can see that it is a very developed and global city. It seems that TAR is picking places where teams will get culturally shocked and not see those stuff in their own backyard.

I don't agree. Because Beijing is developed as well and i don't see teams getting culturally shocked. Guilin seems too urban to be rural as well. If that's the part of China they wanted to show.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2009, 10:42:45 PM »
**I cannot speak more about Singapore, because I haven't been there and based on the pictures and TAR 3, I can see that it is a very developed and global city. It seems that TAR is picking places where teams will get culturally shocked and not see those stuff in their own backyard.

I don't agree. Because Beijing is developed as well and i don't see teams getting culturally shocked. Guilin seems too urban to be rural as well. If that's the part of China they wanted to show.

What I think about China having a sense of culture shock is the language barrier and the mix and fusion of the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, fused with the modern stadiums with the Niao Chao, water cube and all those... The 10th leg (Part A) was so not cultural for me - but restored in Part B... I had posts before regarding this (but were irked by other forumers  :funny:)

What I do want to see is the reverse bungee being done as a roadblock in Singapore... isn't that structure near the Asian Civilizations Museum, where they will literally take a flying leap above the skies?  :funny:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »

What I think about China having a sense of culture shock is the language barrier and the mix and fusion of the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, fused with the modern stadiums with the Niao Chao, water cube and all those... The 10th leg (Part A) was so not cultural for me - but restored in Part B... I had posts before regarding this (but were irked by other forumers  :funny:)

What I do want to see is the reverse bungee being done as a roadblock in Singapore... isn't that structure near the Asian Civilizations Museum, where they will literally take a flying leap above the skies?  :funny:

Yes, that could be done as well.. but it's common everywhere and can be done anywhere as well.. not a Singapore Trademark? I'll rather they go deep down into our dirty markets at Pasir Panjang to carry heavy smelly and dirty fishes where it will then be transported to supply for the entire nation. (gross enough?

And i'm sure they will have language barrier here as well. Large percentage of the population speak english, but the producers can deliberately send them to places where finding someone speaking english is as hard as finding a needle in the haystack. That would kill them as well and give the world a good idea that Singapore isn't as developed a country as they see. :tup:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »
I hope the race starts soon. Do y'all think we should be at the ready now for a TAR15 start date or will it not be for a while longer?  :duno:...2000 posts  :yess:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2009, 12:07:14 AM »
OMG... I feel such a traitor for saying these things, but it's my analysis why the Philippines (and Singapore) are not on the list of TAR's to go to country list. If there is something offensive here for my Singapore and Filipino readers and friends, I'm sorry!

It's okay. Acknowledging that the culture of a country has flaws is the first step to becoming more aware of your culture. I feel the same way (hence no Manila or generic tasks), but there are some hidden gems, like the Samal tribe in Davao.

Back on topic: Has there been any news on the starting line yet? I mean, chances are, it's in the LA area again. :lol:

And seeing as they started in Europe last season, chances are they go either Colombia, Brazil or somewhere in Africa. (The last one was just hope that they start here again, ala Season 1.)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2009, 08:37:46 AM »
(other than making them carry the local roast pig called lechon...)
I love lechon, we always have one on Christmas :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2009, 01:28:04 PM »
The new fall schedule for CBS will be announced on Wednesday.  Perhaps we will see that TAR15 is on the fall schedule for Sunday at 8PM.  Let's hope so :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2009, 02:30:13 PM »
It'll be there, gman. The ratings for TAR have been fine on Sunday at 8 p.m. It's where the show belongs. :)
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »
*prays, hopes there won't be a disastrous upset and that TAR will keep its timeslot* :ascared
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »
*prays, hopes there won't be a disastrous upset and that TAR will keep its timeslot* :ascared
I heard CBS is re-making Viva Laughlin :lol:
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2009, 09:36:47 PM »
  :lol:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
  :lol:
No Kid Nation? :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
CBS' upfront presentation will be on Tuesday.

Cold Case was just renewed an hour ago. TAR should be back on Sunday night at 8.

I have a bunch of info on network shows, but since we're all concerned about TAR, I'll hold back, but if you want to know, I can create a thread in the "Shows That Are Not Reality" section.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »
Good news on Cold Case, I'm a huge fan! :luvx

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:25 AM »

Yes, that could be done as well.. but it's common everywhere and can be done anywhere as well.. not a Singapore Trademark? I'll rather they go deep down into our dirty markets at Pasir Panjang to carry heavy smelly and dirty fishes where it will then be transported to supply for the entire nation. (gross enough?

And i'm sure they will have language barrier here as well. Large percentage of the population speak english, but the producers can deliberately send them to places where finding someone speaking english is as hard as finding a needle in the haystack. That would kill them as well and give the world a good idea that Singapore isn't as developed a country as they see. :tup:

they can always make the teams go to a coffee shop/kopitiam and become the assistant who has to remember everyone's orders.... which may not be in English! that might be chaotic.

or maybe a random luck-based challenge to find the one particular packet of tissue paper in the entire crowded/busy food centre of ~400 tables (that's the most number i've actually encountered) with up to 6 seats (if all unoccupied) in each. might be chaotic too. (but actually, since the tables are numbered, its not that bad probably)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
CBS' upfront presentation will be on Tuesday.

Cold Case was just renewed an hour ago. TAR should be back on Sunday night at 8.

I have a bunch of info on network shows, but since we're all concerned about TAR, I'll hold back, but if you want to know, I can create a thread in the "Shows That Are Not Reality" section.

i thought there on wed

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
That's right, kogs. ESPN/ABC is on Tuesday.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40:19 AM »
That's right, kogs. ESPN/ABC is on Tuesday.

i despise ESPN

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »
As do I. But they have some sporting events I have to watch on that channel. Thank goodness TAR15 will not be there!
Just here to visit.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2009, 12:04:32 PM »
As do I. But they have some sporting events I have to watch on that channel. Thank goodness TAR15 will not be there!

they do have some fans of the show.

DavidJunior

« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2009, 12:38:19 AM »
I just thought of something we could do whilst we wait for more spoiling news
(puddin and/or peach can yell at me for getting off topic and not making a new thread later... :taze)

How many more seasons until we see the emergence of a "The Amazing Race: All-Stars 2"?
(naturally not this one...)

What teams do you think would be asked to return for that race out of the teams so far?

And would they include any of the top 6 teams from the first all-stars?
(i believe that they generally stick to the at least 6th place rule for picking teams, the only exception being Danielle [8th place])

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2009, 01:18:25 AM »
Even thought Bertram and Elise are against All Stars its not their call its CBS's. I believe that Bertram and crew pulled a list together for the past All Stars but again, CBS had the last say on who they wanted so who knows?.. although I know we all have our own ideas who of who we would love to have on. I beleive All Stars it was stated that they wanted teams whos story was not told ie. they did now want BJ & Tyler or the Chos, thats 2 teams off the top of my head.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:36 AM »
Even thought Bertram and Elise are against All Stars its not their call its CBS's. I believe that Bertram and crew pulled a list together for the past All Stars but again, CBS had the last say on who they wanted so who knows?.. although I know we all have our own ideas who of who we would love to have on. I beleive All Stars it was stated that they wanted teams whos story was not told ie. they did now want BJ & Tyler or the Chos, thats 2 teams off the top of my head.

Some dynamic teams which i think CBS or Bertram and Elise would include in another allstars would definitely be Margie and Luke, Mel and Mike, Ken and Tina, Terence and Sarah (???), Ronald and Christina, Kynt and Vyxsin (for sure) and maybe even Cara and Jaime.. these are the few teams that really made an impression for the past 3 seasons!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2009, 03:32:49 AM »

Some dynamic teams which i think CBS or Bertram and Elise would include in another allstars would definitely be Margie and Luke, Mel and Mike, Ken and Tina, Terence and Sarah (???), Ronald and Christina, Kynt and Vyxsin (for sure) and maybe even Cara and Jaime.. these are the few teams that really made an impression for the past 3 seasons!

'plot-wise' I think Ken & Tina had their closure at the finish line. I'd say they'd bring Mel & Mike and Kynt & Vyxsin for the lolz and maybe a super all-female brawl: Kelly & Christy vs. Cara & Jaime vs. Dustin & Kandice
The story so far:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2009, 03:35:24 AM »
No more Dustin and Kandice. Ewww.