Author Topic: Lee Sanders ...  (Read 14173 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Lee Sanders ...
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:28:51 AM »
After watching past seasons of TAR.....about time Lee has his own thread, he rocks my/our world  :jam:.

Lee's website

A recent interview with Lee at The Score

Follow Lee on Twitter

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Lee Sanders ...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »
BEST Interview ever!! Just finished reading it, this guy is AWESOME! TAR would not be the same without his music! :thankyou: Lee!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline musicformedia

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
Hey guys - I' Emmett - the owner of the site that interviewed him - www.filmandgamecomposers.com

Glad you guys enjoyed the interview - I had a great time interviewing him - he's a really nice, genuine guy, and he has some great ideas and thoughts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, Emmett!!  :hithere:

That was an outstanding indepth Interview, thank you guys so much!! We love Lee and his music around here....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »
love me some lee sanders music. wish i could buy a tar music cd or some tar ringtones for my phone

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »
Hey guys - I' Emmett - the owner of the site that interviewed him - www.filmandgamecomposers.com

Glad you guys enjoyed the interview - I had a great time interviewing him - he's a really nice, genuine guy, and he has some great ideas and thoughts.
Welcome to the forum Emmet :hithere:. Thanks for the awesome interview, well done! And I totally have to agree, Lee is a heck of a nice guy  :hearts:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »
love me some lee sanders music. wish i could buy a tar music cd or some tar ringtones for my phone

I have a TAR ringtone. AND a TAR message tone.

Whenever I get a message now, Kynt and Vyxsin rant about exactly what goth is a celebration of.

Offline musicformedia

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
thanks guys :)

I made the whole site myself, and interview everyone myself - its great fun and really interesting.  Lee is one talented guy!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »

I have a TAR ringtone. AND a TAR message tone.

Whenever I get a message now, Kynt and Vyxsin rant about exactly what goth is a celebration of.

i want some lee sanders music

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »
This is music that (hilariously) sometimes gets stuck in my head! Especially the good old songs from the earlier seasons.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
I found some tweets from Lee Sanders who apparently is still composing music for TAR 22. I wasn't sure where to put this since it's not a spoiler. Georgiapeach suggested that I resurrect this old thread and put it here.

Lee Sanders ‏@sandersmusic
After the Super Bowl it's back to writing music for The Amazing Race 22, then working on wedding plans. Not bad for a random Sun. in April.
Feb 4

I just rocked out a last minute Amazing Race cue from four episodes before the country I'm currently scoring. Musical jet lag.
Feb 13

Also: musical styles from different parts of the world are *really* different. Obvious, sure, but tonight's work just hammered that home.
Feb 13

I'm considering doing a blog based on my 12 years of scoring Race--what I've learned about music of all those countries. Good idea?
Feb 13

I checked out his website at http://sandersmusic.net/ and he has uploaded about 10 pieces of music he's done for past TAR seasons and other clips he's done for other shows. From his home page, click on the music link to get to his music. Background music doesn't stick with me enough to recognize any of it, but it does seem to be in the right style.  Generally they about a minute long, so I suspect the show excerpts smaller pieces to use in the show. There was one link marked "The Amazing Race Show Open" posted 3 months ago. It is the opening theme in a slightly reworked style. I looked at the 3 minute sneak peek video that got posted for the first leg and it is not the theme music used there, so I'm guessing it was from an earlier season.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »
That's the music that's heard right when the first episode of the season begins, before Phil has an opening narration even. I remember it being in 19 and I think it's in also 20.

I love his music for TAR, too bad there's not a CD of it.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
Sanders has been with TAR since the very beginning, he was the one who wrote the Horns of Perseverance (officially "Previously On"), the song that started each episode of the early seasons! (I wished they'd bring it back for the finales, it's a classic!)

You can recognise Sander's signature motif for TAR in some of the episodes, first heard waaaay back when Rob and Brennan got off the 7 train at Flushing Meadows. It's been adapted for various locales: India, Egypt, Hawaii... It's presented in minor key at 0:38 of "Omani Driving" on his website. It's one of the few bits of continuity on TAR that has lasted through all twenty-plus seasons!

(Ah, my geekdom is returning.)

Edit: Dug it up (http://www.filedropper.com/victory) from the original season, and also the Hawaiian version (http://www.filedropper.com/hawaiianvictory) from TAR 3! If anyone has a clean version let me know! "Victory" is a misnomer. There's a piece called "Elimination" based on the same motif.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:13:05 AM by Neobie »

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »

I always think I'm not a "true" TAR fan because I don't have a TAR ringtone.

On another note, Lee is actually from my hometown and we graduated from the same high school! How cool is that! I don't know him because he is a bit older, but we have several mutual friends. If only I could use this very minor TAR link to actually get on the show.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »
Interesting. I've never heard those songs on TAR before, but I could see them fitting in well! Maybe they are his new ones for Season 22?

I remember going on his website around the time of TAR 14 and back then he had some older TAR tunes as well as a few he said were new for season 14. I wonder why they aren't on his site anymore?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »
I love the music of TAR! I do pay attention to it while watching the episodes and it has evolved a LOT since season 1! There are a lot of older tunes (from Seasons 1 through 11 or so) that I don't hear very often on the show anymore.

But I enjoy a lot of his TAR music, especially a few themes he added in season 14 that have been commonly played on the show since that time.

As for these 10 songs, I can't say I've ever heard them on TAR before, but take that with a grain of salt, as I haven't seen seasons 19-21 yet. What I want to know is where all the older tunes went that used to be on his website.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 01:27:34 AM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 01:36:46 AM »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfClQVzt9xA

STILL THE BEST.

They really need to bring this back as the intro before the episode starts! It was so classic! I remember how much I hated it when they took this song away. :'(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
This guy is a genious!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

STILL THE BEST.

They really need to bring this back as the intro before the episode starts! It was so classic! I remember how much I hated it when they took this song away. :'(

*Shivers down my spine*

Offline Lee Sanders

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
New Music on SoundCloud
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Hi, everyone, and thanks for the kind words! Just wanted to post to let you know I've dropped a few more cues (including some things that may sound familiar!) into my SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/user3946327

Hope you enjoy it—
Lee Sanders

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: New Music on SoundCloud
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
Hi, everyone, and thanks for the kind words! Just wanted to post to let you know I've dropped a few more cues (including some things that may sound familiar!) into my SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/user3946327

Hope you enjoy it—
Lee Sanders
Lee! :<3 Love the work and effort you put into making TAR's music for over twenty seasons. I can't wait to hear more tunes!

One of my favorite musical ensembles is from TAR13 when Marisa & Brooke and Aja & Ty are Detour and drive battling for 7th/Last place in New Zealand.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »

STILL THE BEST.

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »
Thank you Lee!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule: