Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244279 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #650 on: April 14, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
Dancing Recap: Lil’ Kim Wows the Crowd

Contenders or pretenders? This week marked the halfway point in the competition and the dancers showed who’s really it in for the win. A new leader emerged with Lil’ Kim’s jumping jive and Shawn got a rousing standing ovation for her rumba. But Steve-O and Ty just couldn’t nail down their routines and fell flat with the judges.

Ty Murray literally kicked off the night with a jive that incorporated touch line dancing that allowed the rodeo champ to show off some fancy footwork. Looking a bit stiff throughout the routine, Murray then “went for the jive like a wild animal,” Bruno Tonioli said. “You did about 20,000 kicks and flicks and none of them were right.” He was applauded for his charm and effort but that still wasn’t enough to get him more points. “Unfortunately tonight it took a long while to get started and once you did start it wasn’t that good,” said Len Goodman.

Slow dances seem to be Shawn Johnson’s forte. The gymnast, who’s gotten rave reviews for her waltzes, got the crowd on its feet with a sensual, romantic – and “age appropriate” (as pointed out by partner Mark Ballas) – rumba. Carrie Ann Inaba could “see the discomfort in your eyes at the beginning” but once relaxed she “came to life.” “The rumba is a bit like a fire,” Goodman explained. “It can be warm and it could burn. I think you got this just right.”

Edyta Sliwinska got some teaching aid from former Dancing star Warren Sapp, who paid a visit to one of Lawrence Taylor’s practices. The football champs goofed around but got down to business with Taylor highlighting his lighter footsteps and not-so-serious personality. “You brought your groove back!” Inaba exclaimed about his jive. “You were having a good time. You were on it all the way,” added Tonioli. “You never lost timing.”

Melissa Rycroft mirrored Shawn’s elegance in a rumba that Goodman praised was both clean and precise but could also be “a bit more earthy.” While the Bachelor star may be one of this season’s breakout stars, the judges agreed she’ll have to let go and not hold back to improve. “What I want to see in the future is Melissa the maneater,” Tonioli said. “Go for it, girl, because you’ve got everything to gain.”

Lil’ Kim proved why she’s tough competition for the early front runners, jiving her way to the top of the leader board with an energy-packed number. Dancing along to “Jailhouse Rock,” the hip-hop star and partner Derek Hough had almost all the judges squealing and jumping from their seats. “Guilty! Arrest me! Frisk me!” Tonioli joked. “That was amazing, I don’t know how you do it!” said Inaba. One person who wasn’t as thrilled: Goodman, who slammed the pair for being too “theatrical” and neglecting to put on a “formal jive.”

As for Steve-O, who had the misfortune of following Lil’ Kim’s electric jive, the judges criticized his rumba for lacking hip action and coordinated footwork. The Jackass stuntman was also hit with some harsh comparisons to a “confused puppy.” His awkward moments and hesitancy throughout the dance had people responding but for all the wrong reasons, according to Tonioli, who simply described the dancing as “bad.”

The Italian judge also had some choice words for Gilles Marini. “You looked like a mad squirrel,” he told the actor about his fast-paced jive. Goodman echoed the same thoughts, telling him and partner Cheryl Burke that the whole dance looked “a bit frantic.” The head judge, however, did give props to the duo for “very nice footwork.”

Described as one of the most passionate and sexy numbers this week, Chuck Wicks’s rumba wrapped up the night and had most of the judges begging for more. While the chemistry was there with girlfriend and partner Julianne Hough, the country singer was advised to work on technique –- and to keep everything PG rated. “For me, parts of that was more suitable for the bedroom than the ballroom,” said Goodman. “This was for me too much in the face, a little too raunchy!” –Eunice Oh

Here’s how the remaining eight contestants stacked up after Monday’s dance:
Ty & Chelsie: 18 out of 30 for their jive
Shawn & Mark: 26 out of 30 for their rumba
Lawrence & Edyta: 22 out of 30 for their jive
Melissa & Tony: 27 out of 30 for their rumba
Lil’ Kim & Derek: 28 out of 30 for their jive
Steve-O & Lacey: 16 out of 30 for their rumba (7, 4 5,
Gilles & Cheryl: 26 out of 30 for their jive
Chuck & Julianne: 23 out of 30 for their rumba

Tell us: Can you believe Lil’ Kim has taken the lead? Did the judges score Gilles & Cheryl too harshly? And who will be in tonight’s dreaded dance-off?

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/04/14/dancing-recap-lil-kim-wows-the-crowd/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #651 on: April 14, 2009, 10:04:52 AM »
DWTS' Derek Hough Teases Lil' Kim About Wardrobe Malfunction 

Derek Hough can't stop laughing about partner Lil' Kim's wardrobe malfunction on Monday's Dancing With the Stars.

"She desperately tried to pull a Janet Jackson!" he told Usmagazine.com after she had some trouble with her top at the end of a jive. (The blip was edited out by the time the show was rebroadcast on the West Coast.)

"Don't say that!" Kim interrupted. "That's a whole other show! I'd have to get paid a lot a lot of money!"

Hough added that host Tom Bergeron "covered up the girls, that is for sure."

The malfunction didn't seem to bother the judges: Kim and Hough earned the night's best score, a 28 out of a 30.

Hough still can't get over how good she looked.

"When she came out, I'm not going to say what I said, but...." he began.

"No, say it - I like to hear it!!!" Kim interjected.

"I was like, 'Yeah, I'd hit that!'" he teased.

Joked Kim, "I saw him checking me out!"

Kidding aside, Hough is still dating former contestant Shannon Elizabeth.

"Shannon, Derek's girlfriend, is so amazing," Kim told Us. "She keeps him calm at practice, so that is a good thing for me!"

Said Hough, "Shannon is always on hand, taking lots of pictures, bringing snacks and keeping our spirits up in rehearsals! She's the best."

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/dwts-derek-hough-jokes-about-lil-kims-wardrobe-malfunction+-2009144

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #652 on: April 14, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
'Dancing With the Stars' Recap: A Rumba in the Jungle

Last night's Dancing With the Stars halftime show featured plenty of bizarre stunts. Namely: Frantic rumbas with liberty and whiplash for all. Somber, all-black jive costumes. A self-proclaimed ''man's man'' cloaked in a form-fitting sequined lace shirt. Tom Bergeron detecting, protecting, and correcting an exposed Lil' Kim nipple guard. The long-lost Tasty Chilean Sea Bass of a Man winking his way back into our hearts because he'll be on Brothers & Sisters this Sunday! It was all crazy and nonsensical, DANCMSTRs, which is to say it was business as usual on our favorite televised quest for a hardened knob of glitter. Here's how the eight remaining couples ranked after dancing either the jive or the rumba on week 6....

Lil' Kim and Derek: 28 out of possible 30 points Their jive, cheekily set to ''Jailhouse Rock,'' easily could have served as the couple's final-three freestyle routine instead. DANCMSTR complained about the excessive theatrics, while Bruno and Carrie Ann flipped the eff out over the jive's brilliance. ''I am guilty of love in the first degree!'' wailed a begging-to-be-handcuffed Bruno, while C.A. executed one of her trademark Standing Whoops. You know Carrie Ann truly thought a performance was amazing if the next sentence out of her mouth is ''Where'd my diamonds go?'' Personally, I caught some mistakes by Lil' Kim on my first watch and couldn't understand the 10s, but on my second try, I was pretty much in awe of Derek's clever choreography and completely ridiculous hair. Considering this was Lil' Kim, the theme was ''prison,'' and the rehearsal segment featured fried food, this couple's ''jive'' might be one of my favorite DWTS performances, ever. But was it worthy of 10s? Nah. Did anyone else nearly taste those chocolate shakes through their TVs and then die a little inside upon the realization that there's about a 2% chance Lil' Kim and Derek actually drank them?

Melissa Rycroft and Tony: 27/30 I love Easter (candy), but even I could not get behind this couple's Easter Bunny pink-and-yellow ''gradient effect'' costumes. I kept expecting them to ditch the rumba and hunt for eggs in the nooks and crannies of the judges' desk. (In your dreams, Bruno!) Their rumba was technically precise, but DANCMSTR hit it on the head (bopped Little Bunny Foo Foo on the head? Okay, enough) with his suggestion that Melissa ''could be a bit more earthy.'' Despite the progress in emotional depth that Tony insisted she'd made over the weeks, Melissa's performance felt pretty flat to me. Maybe I was too focused on the half-baked Beyoncé impression assaulting my ears. ''If I Was a Boy'' did seem lyrically appropriate for Melissa, at least. I kept imagining how she might improvise the lines: ''If I Was a Boy...they probably wouldn't enhance my classy lower back tattoo with purple sparkles…'' and so on. How funny was Tony with that engagement ring analogy during rehearsal? I also loved his quintessential Sappy Days compliment to Melissa: ''The beauty's coming through you like a beam!'' Awwwwww. That's so Tony!

Shawn Johnson and Mark: 26/30 Uh oh! The rumba's the ''bedroom dance,'' and Shawn's a 17-year-old girl, so clearly a fabulous balloon-heavy prom-for-two to emphasize the fact that no one is taking her precious innocence lightly! was in order. I cracked up when Mark presented her with that sequined prom gown...what if it'd been fringed prom pants?! Shawn's was easily my favorite rumba of the night, and DANCMSTR's ''simplicity is the way to go'' advice rang true again for Team Shark. Instead of thrashing around and simulating various sexual acts (ahem, Julianne), Shawn showed control and a slight, though restrained, sultriness throughout, and Mark really ramped it up with the light cheek grazing. (This gushing text message just in from EW.com's Mandi Bierly: ''I love, love, love the way Mark kept putting his face right into Shawn's. Such a good way to keep the connection. It's the cold meds. I'm way too obsessed.'') No such thing, my dear colleague. DANCMSTR paid Team Shark a Goldilocks-inspired compliment: that the rumba can be warm or it can burn, but these two ''got it exactly right.'' He probably just had porridge on the mind, because it goes well with his favorite snack of a cheese roll and a cup o' tea. Ready for the least likely sentence of this recap? I didn't even realize Mark was wearing a sheer shirt with clear sequins until the dance was nearly over, because Shawn looked so beautiful and I was watching her instead. Which is the point of this television program! Success!

Gilles Marini and Cheryl: 26/30 Is it just me, or would Gilles' sporty soccer outfit (yellow knee socks, I'm looking at you) have made a much more appropriate jive costume than those strange leather getups? Neither the pair's costumes nor their song choice — Fall Out Boy's ''Dance, Dance'' — jibed with the jive last night. The song, especially, was so frantic and unsettling that its dramatics may have worked for a paso doble, but even that's a stretch. Gilles could definitely keep up with the beat, but it was almost like he and Cheryl were ''winning'' the ''race'' against the music, and as the song was imploring its live accompaniment to ''dance, dance'' anyway, it made for a rather confusing conflict that never should have existed in the first place. At least the set designers didn't decide this would be Astro Turf Week for the ballroom floor, because then Gilles would have been writhing around in delight the entire time. And then Steve-O's dog Boogie would take a poop mid-field. And then Steve-O would fart in everyone's face. (Only one of those three scenarios did not occur last night.) Season 6's Latin Lover extraordinaire Cristián de la Fuente looked gorgeous, but my sister and I detected a slight air of defeat, as if he could feel his ''foreign deliciousness'' status melting away as fast as papaya chutney might slide off of a tasty sea bass filet. Never, Cristián! Never. ''Zheeeeel'' doesn't even have a protein assigned to him yet!

Chuck Wicks and Julianne: 23/30 The couple with very little discernible chemistry got scared that no one would believe they had any chemistry. So they decided to recreate their first date at the Santa Monica Pier, which featured churros, the ferris wheel, and inexplicable dialogue like ''I'm so glad to be your girl right now.'' (Who says that?) If they were aiming for consistency between what we saw during that segment and what we saw in the ballroom, perhaps Chuck and Julianne's fabricated first date should have taken place on a run-down street corner at 2 a.m. Julianne's thigh-high lace fishnets certainly distracted from whatever Chuck was doing during that dance. We shall never know exactly what that was. The jerks! The whipping spins! The thrashing of Julianne's hooker hair! It was all way, way too frantic for a rumba. ''A bit too rawwwwwnchy,'' said DANCMSTR.

Lawrence Taylor and Lady Legwarmer: 22/30 ''Where's the NFL diva?'' Why, he's pouting right here, waiting for you, season 7 runner-up Warren Sapp! Warren swooped down on L.T.'s rehearsal, mostly to make him smile for once, and for some mild (to NFL divas, at least) physical contact. Watch Lady L.'s facial expressions throughout all of this, if you get the chance. She's slightly amused, but you can tell her thoughts have meandered down a legwarmer-lined sparkly brick road and she's really wondering, ''Can I pull off neon melon boot-cut legwarmers that are supposed to match my partner's costume but will end up clashing with it instead?'' The answer was obvious: Not really! Even so, LT was able to bring his groove back a bit for their week 6 jive. I do consider it an improvement that he smiled a few times and bent his knees and sort of swiveled a bit. But for such a large guy, I'm getting pretty fed up with his limited range of movement.

Ty Murray and Chelsie: 18/30 Seriously, what was with the weird trend of mostly black jive costumes last night? I can't imagine anything less suited to complement a jive (or a sparkly American Flag tube top, for that matter) than a spooky witch skirt and a prince of darkness getup for our Cute Cowboy, Ty. He was kicking that hula hoop's ass during rehearsal footage, but his hip action failed to move the judges to whoop through joyful tears (Weepy), grin smugly (Grumpy), or contort themselves into giant indiscriminate balloon animals (Dopey). Instead, they complimented Ty's gentlemanly nature, said he wasn't suited for the jive, and gave him straight 6s. I didn't think he was that bad. He got that ''slide'' part right! Ty may be as ''bewildered'' as DANCMSTR thinks he is, but people think he's adorable and I say he stays tonight over LT, Chuck, or Steve-O.

Steve-O and a Victoria's Secret Angel: 16/30 Lacey decided to wear her negligible jammies to the ballroom last night, as if in defiant response to her partner's treatment of the rehearsal studio like another shared room in their house, the bathroom. Dude would not stop farting, and it smelled like mildew. Ewwwwwww.com. The segment did produce an invaluable and quintessential Dancing With the Stars mantra, though — ''The passion that you have with your dog right now? That's exactly what you need with your rumba.'' Timeless wisdom right there. After Steve-O and Lacey's rudimentary rumba and a fun cut to Wee Man (no Wee Girl behind him this time), Weepy broke free of Grumpy and Dopey's ''you're no good!'' vibe and claimed to have been ''totally taken in'' by Steve-O's ''oddly mesmerizing'' performance. I see her point, but wonder if she caught one too many of Steve-O's magical trance-inducing gas fumes. Still. A freakin' 4, DANCMSTR? Really? Worse than Woz? I think not!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20272208,00.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #653 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

Take a Number, Man: It’s no secret he’s a hit with the ladies, but actor Gilles Marini is acquiring quite a male fan base. “That’s my bromance for the season,” pro hoofer Tony Dovolani declared to PEOPLE. “We get along so well. We’re both Europeans, we both like soccer, we like a lot of the same things.” For Marini, the feeling is mutual. “Steve-O I love. Tony I love,” Marini declared. “Everyone of us has a little something to tell and to show and to share and it’s like a big bonding.”

Even actor Cristian de la Fuente, who took time out from guest starring in USA Network’s In Plain Sight to root for his former partner Cheryl Burke, is smitten. “I just met him two hours ago and I’m falling in love with him,” de la Fuente said of Marini. “If he had longer hair… I may date him. But he’s married and I’m married and, oh well. But he is cute and he’s got that French accent, you know?” Oh, we know…

Royal Gesture: Lil’ Kim and Derek Hough ignited the studio audience with their high energy “Jailhouse Rock” jive. Kim’s biggest fan Monday night? Pal Queen Latifah, who sprang to her feet and applauded wildly the minute the dance ended. “She’s like my big sister and she is so busy, but she called me and she said, ‘I am coming, I am coming!’” Kim recounted minutes after the show ended. “She said she was in tears she was so proud of me.”

Kim’s partner, Hough, was proud of her, too. “She came up with half the choreography,” Hough revealed. “That routine was choreographed in about two and a half hours. Some routines take days but that one came together so fast. It was such a great team effort.” While their jive brought the house down, it was not without two simultaneous wardrobe malfunctions. The fast-paced routine coupled with Kim’s skimpy outfit caused the hook on her top to come undone while she and Hough were being scored by the judges. At the same time, judge Carrie Ann Inaba was so blown away the duo’s performance, the bracelet she was wearing flew off her right wrist and into the audience. “That was sweet,” Hough said. “I thought she was giving us diamonds. Like here, take this $10,000 bracelet, please.” Alas, no such luck. Inaba retrieved the bauble and affixed it firmly back onto her wrist.

Going Over to the Dark Side: Season 8 is at the halfway mark, but the spray tans may have already gone well over the line. Take good old country boy Chuck Wicks, who readily admits he’s willing to do whatever it takes to be a dancer. “I’m addicted to the spray tans,” Wicks told PEOPLE, much to the chagrin of his girlfriend and dance partner Julianne Hough. “He gets his before I get mine,” Hough jokingly huffed. “I look forward to every Sunday,” continued Wicks. “I love Sundays because Sunday is spray tan day. I wear pants and a towel so they don’t get the spray tan on my pants. I shaved my chest. I did it all this week.”

And the couple managed to look — and dance — the part of the rumba. Wicks and Hough’s mutual passion oozed throughout their dance, which had Inaba and Bruno Tonioli squirming in their seats and fanning themselves. “That’s exactly what we wanted to do,” Wicks said. “We were happy with the Carrie Ann, but a little awkward with the Bruno,” Hough joked, acknowledging that their performance was a departure from what fans have come to expect from them. “We’ve always been the sweet, romantic couple, and now we got to be the sexy couple,” Hough said. “I got to have some fun. I got to show that I’ve been on the show for two years and I’ve grown up!”

Rumba Secrets: Sultry, steamy, seductive are all words to describe a properly executed rumba. But dancing cheek to cheek isn’t the only requirement of the dance. “Breath mints –- about nine or 10 of them before we go out there,” Dovolani joked after the show. He and partner Melissa Rycroft performed the rhythmic dance much to the delight of the audience. But as for her parents sitting in the front row, Rycroft confessed, “I didn’t look at them at all before, during or after we danced. I know they can appreciate it as art and not as this romantic-ness going on on-stage so it’s okay.”

The same thing was true for Mark Ballas and Shawn Johnson, whose rumba managed to be sultry without crossing the line. “My parents knew the dance was going to come up, and they knew what we were doing,” said Johnson. “They loved it. They thought it was a beautiful dance.” As for Johnson’s peach-toned, delicately sequined frock, she says the credit all goes to Ballas for designing it. “It’s my proudest season 8 outfit. I love it,” Ballas said.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/04/14/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-22/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #654 on: April 14, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
Ty's blog:

‘We can’t have anyone lose faith on us’

Obviously we didn't get as good of scores as we would have liked to last night. The Jive is such a fast song that if you miss one little step your behind and then it's a chain reaction, and you can have a mess on your hands pretty quick.

But I thought we were doing a good job on the part before I missed the step. Then, once we recovered, I thought we finished out OK so, I guess, that's the bright side of it.

If we make it past tonight we have the waltz next week.

We can't have anyone lose faith on us. We have actually gotten a nine before and, I think, we can do that again.

Maybe the waltz will be a good one for us. The quickstep and foxtrot went pretty good for us and, I think, the waltz is somewhat similar to the foxtrot.

I still think we have a really strong fan base and that's a good thing because that's what Chelsie and I have to rely on when we don't get great scores, but we'll find all that out tonight on the results show.

It's just like my riding career: you take it one day at a time and try to give it your best every day so that's what I'm going to keep doing. I know that I'm not the best dancer, but we have so much room to improve that if we can get better we can, perhaps, surprise some folks.

I got a good night's sleep. Now we're just going to bare-down and see how it goes tonight.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/14/We-cant-have-anyone-lose-faith-on-us#more

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #655 on: April 14, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
DWTS’ Ty Murray & Jewel To Start Making Babies

Dancing With the Stars’ Ty Murray and Jewel announced after diner at Il Sole that they are going to be starting a family!!  This already cute family will become even cuter.  Unless of course they are just playing with the pappers heads!

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #656 on: April 14, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
Restraining Order Extended for Shawn Johnson's Alleged Stalker

The parents of "Dancing with the Stars" participant and Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson arrived in court today with her lawyer to seek an extension for the restraining order against Shawn's alleged stalker, Robert O'Ryan.

The restraining order has now been lengthened to an additional three years. The 34-year-old O'Ryan was arrested last month at a CBS studio facility after reportedly carrying loaded guns and attempting to crash the set of "Dancing" in order to meet Shawn.

O'Ryan has pleaded not guilty to all three counts against him in the Shawn Johnson case -- one felony count of stalking and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72779/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #657 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:34 AM »
Dancing with the Stars Episode Recap: Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dancing with the Stars' Top 8 morphs into the lucky 7 in a revamped results show. What changed? And who got the boot? Find out below.

It's official: Lil Kim's the Queen Bee of this thing. Two encores in a row — except this choice wasn't announced by the judges. Could Len not be swayed? Anyhow, the ladies at the Federal Detention Center must be proud. I don't think I would've picked differently. The only other performance I liked was Shawn's, but definitely not more than Kim's.

Monday night recap time! Ty's spirit is not broken. I need someone that positive in my life. Are cowboys always so happy-go-lucky? Wait, I just thought of Brokeback Mountain. Steve-O doesn't understand Len. It's OK. We don't either. He got a 5 when he forgot his steps, yet gets a 4 for a whole routine and a 7, too. LT is lovin' his 8. Chuck is turned on (TMI) and will take either Carrie Ann or Bruno. Don't forget the pizza.

No results just yet. Instead we get "America" from West Side Story, featuring the Broadway cast. Shucks. I wanted Rita Moreno. Did you know the film version lost only one of its 11 Oscar nominations? It lost screenplay to Judgment at Nuremberg. (I love the Oscars.) Anyhow, back to the — say whaa??! No dance-off?! Like, for good? What the hell is going on? Quit playing games with my heart. I hate when shows talk something up a storm — or rather force everyone to incessantly harangue about something. In this case, the oh-my-god stressfulness of the dance-off — only to randomly do away with it with no explanation.

The lack of a dance-off means a new format. Two couples at a time are called down from the stairs to learn their fate... I think.

Lil Kim & Derek... are safe!
Lawrence & Edyta... are also safe! See what turning a frown upside down can do, LT?

Rascal Flatts are here. I'm sorry, they don't do anything for me. Maybe it's Gary LeVox's nasal crooning or the fact that their songs all sound the same, except for, you know, that "Life Is a Highway" cover. Julianne takes a break from being Chuck's girl to being Tony's. And she's actually clothed... but is that the same dress from her waltz? I know they like to reuse and recycle, but c'mon.

Costume segment. Apparently it's Dancing on Project Runway now. Without the Weinsteins. The pros usually design the costumes and now it's time to switch it up for next week. You crazy kids! Steve-O wants lots of cheetah prints. Ty thinks his denim choice is Ty-rific. Derek doesn't want Kim's pasties. Um, who does? Chuck wants less clothing (I guess he's still turned on?). LT wants more clothing for him and Edyta, even though he knows Edyta is allergic to clothing. Is that a sense of humor I hear?

More results:
Shawn & Mark... are safe!
Melissa & Tony... are also safe!

The Macy's Stars of Dance cabaret performance comes courtesy of the Pussycat Dolls choreographer, Lindsley Allen, and features Carmen Electra, bringing us some "Stuff Like That There." If you know what I mean. Len's completely not amused... until Carmen puts her stuff like that there in his face. Men — so easy to please. So I guess I'm getting punished. Rascal Flatts again? And he butchers the first line of "Revolution." I'm over this.

More time-wasting: body-language expose from Dr. Lillian Glass, who majored in "stating the obvious" with a concentraion in "sounding like a tool." People are nervous? Tense? Unsure? I'm rolling my eyes now. That means you need to shut the hell up.

Next safe couple:
Gilles & Cheryl

Ever notice how they always keep Ty waiting until the last possible minute before declaring him safe? This was true even during his good couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again... but they don't.

Chuck & Julianne... are safe!

Tom notes that the last two couples standing are not necessarily the bottom two, which, in my mind, just seals Steve-O's fate. Ty's pretty popular with America, I believe, and we know America trumps Jackass. After some final words from the judges, it is in fact Steve-O the man-struate-r & Lacey who are bouncing. That means no cheetah print! And a broken heart for Gilles. Can he carry on without this bromance? "What Hurts the Most" indeed.

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/dancing-stars/Dancing-Stars-Episode-1005069.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #658 on: April 15, 2009, 01:20:12 AM »
Ty's blog post: (he's thankful!)

`The fans got us through’

Woohoo! The fans got us through. Chelsie and I were happy to make it and we darn sure wanted a chance to redeem ourselves. We think we'll be able to do it with a slow waltz.

I just got home from the show. After it was done I went to eat dinner with Cody Lambert and his wife Leanne, Keith Ryan Cartwright and Jewel.

We had a nice dinner, but I'm going to hurry up and get in bed because tomorrow I have to get up and go practice our first group dance. Then I'm going to go do the "Chelsea Lately" show on E! and then I'm going to go to practice.

Thanks again for all the support we're getting. I know that it's the power of the fans that is helping to keep us in there.

It's a long day tomorrow so I better make this one short and sweet because I need to get my butt to sleep and make some big improvements.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/15/The-fans-got-us-through#more

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #659 on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
David Alan Grier on Jimmy Kimmel Live

credit to jimmykimmellive

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #660 on: April 15, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
Steve-O & Lacey on Jimmy Kimmel Live

credit to jimmykimmellive

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #661 on: April 15, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »
DWTS' Gilles Marini Explains Memory Loss

Dancing With the Stars frontrunner Gilles Marini has a good excuse for why he didn't remember his Monday night jive routine until the 11th hour. It was the Cortisone shot!

We'll let Gilles explain...

"They shot Cortisone and then after two weeks I have to take a lot of medicine," Gilles tells E! News backstage after tonight's elimination show (bye bye Steve-O). Of course, Gilles is talking about his shoulder injury, which he will undergo surgery for once the show ends. "[Cortisone] makes me a little drowsy, so I can't remember the steps."

That might just explain how the fan and judge favorite and his partner Cheryl Burke slipped from first place down to third this week. Cheryl, meanwhile, offers up a possible explanation for the hunky dancer's separated shoulder and why past partners have been injured: "I think they just don't listen to me. I say not to overextend their arms and they don't listen to me."

As for tonight's booted boogier, Steve-O couldn't have taken the bad news better. "It was awesome," he tells us. "I got to stick around as long as Cloris Leachman. Who's the real champion? I got cookies at the end."

He adds, "It's been an experience that allowed me to grow, it actually forced me to grow and I feel like a better person than I was when I first started."

Awww. Dance on Steve-O. Dance on.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b118755_dwts_gilles_marini_explains_memory_loss.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #662 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »
Steve-O Takes His Final Dancing Bow

He was far from the most elegant of dancers, but Jackass star Steve-O handled his departure from Dancing with the Stars with a grace that touched everyone in the ballroom.

“It’s so good to be the worst dancer and keep staying in,” Steve-O told PEOPLE following his elimination. “We lasted as long as Cloris Leachman over here.”

It was an apt reference: despite his poor performances, the stuntman had incredible staying power, much like season 7’s Dancing stalwart Leachman. “I don’t know, man, maybe some of those farts cost me some votes,” he added.

That self-deprecating humor won over plenty of ballroom fans, including Dancing judge Carrie Ann Inaba.

“He’s the most kindest and uplifting and dedicated person. I just fell in love with the person behind the dancer,” she said, adding that she was sad to see him leave the competition.

And though he never mastered the waltz or the rumba, the dance he performed on Monday’s show, Steve-O says he’s grateful for the experience.

“I don’t have anything to be bummed out about,” he said. “Last night was the first time I can say that my performance on television was better than any of the rehearsals leading up to it.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/04/15/spoiler-alert-find-out-who-bid-farewell-on-dancing/#more-11320

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #663 on: April 15, 2009, 11:11:16 AM »
click on link below to view video

'Dancing' Stars Say Farewell to Steve-O

Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer were eliminated from the competition on Tuesday night's "Dancing with the Stars" and ET is backstage after the show with the couple and their dancing co-stars.

"I think it was a really positive thing," Steve-O says about his time on the show. "Let's face it, it was a dancing competition - I wasn't going to win it. Maybe I've got some curve balls coming up but I'm going to stay focused on staying sober for now."

Steve-O's partner Lacey Schwimmer tells ET that she actually learned quite a bit from the former "Jackass" star.

"You taught me a lot, it's never really been a dull moment working with you ever," she says. "I have to say thank you for that, and the fact that I actually got to get to know you as a person."

Watch the video to hear the other contestants say goodbye to Steve-O, and the celebrity dancers reveal their plans for next week when they will be designing costumes for their professional partners!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72815/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #664 on: April 15, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »
Tuesday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

Taking the Show on the Road: How did Lil’ Kim and Derek Hough celebrate following Tuesday’s results show? They had a jam session! The rapper joined the Ballas Hough Band and performed “It’s All About the Benjamins” at The Grove in Los Angeles. While Chuck Wicks signed autographs for fans and sweethearts Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff huddled nearby, Lil’ Kim rocked the stage with her dance partner and fellow pro and BHB bandmate Mark Ballas. The crowd cheered wildly for Lil’ Kim, who thanked her Dancing with the Stars family for showing up and supporting them. Ballas, who showcased his rap skills on part of the song, said afterward, “It was an honor performing with Lil’ Kim.”

Carb Loading: Gilles Marini, who’s known for burning it up on the dancefloor, was fueling up behind the scenes. Dressed casually in a black T-shirt and pants, the French actor was spotted quickly chowing down on a bowl of pasta and chatting with friends and colleagues before Tuesday’s show.

Go, Team!: Ballroom pros Mark Ballas and Chelsie Hightower gave each other a supporting hand after their dance performance to Rascal Flatts by high-fiving each other after their energetic number.

Spread the Dancing ‘Love’: Before every show, the studio plays music to give the guest audience a chance to shake their booty. Tuesday night, the spotlight was on the balcony. As guests danced to Dr. Dre’s “California Love,” Lacey Schwimmer and Gilles Marini made a surprise appearance on the second level to dance with the studio audience members to the roar of the crowd’s approval.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/04/15/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-19/#more-11331

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #665 on: April 15, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
This is a Dancing With The Stars’ After Hours Party Post

Lil Kim joins Dancing With The Stars’ partner Derek Hough and Mark Ballas on stage for a concert by The Bolts and the Ballas Hough band performed at The Grove.

Dancing With The Stars’ peeps attending in support of Derek and Mark:  Derek’s girl Shannon Elizabeth, Tom Bergeron, Kim Kardashian, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Karina Smirnoff, Julianne Hough, Chuck Wicks and Lance Bass

Lance and friend (bf?)

Chuck & Julianne

Maksim & Karina

Tom

Derek & Shannon

Lil' Kim

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2009/04/15/this-is-a-dancing-with-the-stars-after-hours-party-post/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »
In addition to the group dance, here's the list of confirmed assigned dances for 4/20....

Waltz

* Ty & Chelsie
    * Lawrence & Edyta

Viennese Waltz

* Gilles & Cheryl

Samba

* Chuck & Julianne

Argentine Tango

* Melissa & Tony

Rumba

* Lil' Kim & Derek

Cha Cha

* Shawn & Mark

credit with thanks to tmpray
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:23:07 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »
'Dancing With the Stars': Carrie Ann Inaba blogs week 6

Hi Everyone – Woohoo! Week 6!

Can I just start out by congratulating Tony and Julianne on one of the most beautiful performances we’ve had on the show in all eight seasons??!! WOW! They performed to Rascal Flatts and did an incredible job. It was indeed poetry in motion. Dances like that are not easy to come by. What a beautiful number indeed and a great way for everyone to be reminded of the artistry of dance at its best. The number choreographed by Mark and Artem was also great. I liked the theme of revolution, and the costumes brought a different flavor to the ballroom, as well. Rascal Flatts were incredible as usual. They are such nice people -- they came over to the judges to say hello and they're some of the most personable performers, talented and so grounded. It’s nice to see them doing so well and have such great success.

This week was an interesting week. There were lots of changes in the leader board. For the first time Gilles was not in first place. Lil’ Kim and Derek took top honors, and a well-deserved 1st-place rank for them indeed. Their jive was so much fun -- I’m sure it read well on camera, but if only you all could have been there to see it LIVE! It was FABULOUS! They did it again last night and it was even better. They have the momentum right now and I’m curious to see how things will evolve over the next few weeks. We are at the halfway point and I still think it’s between four couples. Shawn and Mark, Melissa and Tony, Gilles and Cheryl, & Lil’ Kim and Derek. These four bring such different qualities to the dance floor and are all doing really well so far. Gilles came up to me last night before the show -- in between all the pretapes we had -- and apologized for what he thought was speaking back to me. It was very sweet, but I told him it was okay and that I didn’t think he was speaking back; rather, that he was just explaining something about his situation that he didn’t know if I knew. He was saying he couldn’t sleep last night. It’s nice to see how much the competition matters to the contestants. They take it so seriously and it’s a beautiful thing to see these people fall in love with dance the way I have. Dance is such an expressive tool and such a wonderful medium to connect with an audience -- and these contestants are in the thick of it, living it, and you can see the satisfaction on their faces when they do a great job. It’s wonderful!!!!!

Okay, this week I’m not going to go over everyone’s dances, since you all saw them and I encourage all of your own opinions about it to be what they are…but I wanted to answer some of the questions you have been asking. So, here is my response to the question about how we judges vote:

A lot goes into the judges voting. We judge them on numerous criteria. Some of the things we look at are posture, timing, line, hold, form, pose, togetherness, musicality, expression, presentation, power, foot and leg action, shape, illegal lifts, lead and follow, connection to the audience, and of course the intangibles and X factors. Now, remember that a dance is usually about a minute to a minute and a half. And there’s a lot to look at and to take in. We judges have about 5-7 seconds to calculate our own score and mark it and come up with our comments. It is not a lot of time. Also, I have to pass off the scores to the stage manager in that time so I even have less time than the other two. We are not allowed to score until the dance is finished and they start to walk over to us and talk to Tom. Although it is difficult to describe what gives a person a score of 10, I can say this. Each performer's perfect 10 will look slightly different than the next person's. No 10 would look a-like because each of our contestants comes to the dance floor with different assets and styles, and different strengths and weaknesses. And of course, each professional dancer has a different style of choreography, which will affect their performances. Take for example, Lil' Kim and Derek vs. Cheryl and Gilles. Their 10s looked completely different. And they were awarded those 10s for different reasons. But both dances felt like they were that person’s perfection in motion. I usually look for that extra magic for it to be a 10. Dance is moving energy and sometimes that energy gets moving in a way that feels like a wave, and that is special. So far, the 10s have done exactly that in the ballroom and it’s been exciting for everyone.

One last thought about scoring and judges comments: Remember that we are three people with different backgrounds (except that we are all ex-dancers and performers and understand dance from an insider’s point of view), and we each come to the table with our own opinions. Judging is always going to be partially subjective. Much is based on objectivity, of course, but there is the little something extra that is based on our own creative and aesthetic taste. That is what keeps an open dialogue and keeps it interesting. Remember, there is no absolutely correct score. Len gives his score. I give my score. Bruno gives his score. And you all then get to vote. This is what keeps it very fair. As you can see, the audience can keep people in the competition even if the judges score them lowest on the leader board. And that is a wonderful thing about our show.

Another question was why sometimes the comments don’t seem to reflect the scores. I think this is a great question. As I stated earlier, we have a very limited time to give our critique of the performance. Sometimes, a great performance will get a critique with constructive comments, pointing out where to improve and what was lacking but get a score of 9. (Like Melissa and Tony this week). Or sometimes, someone will get a critique with positive notes but a lower score. This happens because we are limited in our time to speak. Often the judges are allotted 20 seconds or so to give the whole critique. I always try to give encouragement and comments that the performers can actually work on when they go back to the studio. I believe that they are all there to do their best…and like a coach, it is my job to help them improve. Some people need gentle encouragement, and some people can handle more a more direct approach.  Everyone out there is at a different level and we have to keep that in mind as we give our critiques. Sometimes, though, we just don’t have enough time to say all that we want to say and justify our scores and give constructive criticisms and positive reinforcement. Tom keeps us aware of whether or not we have time during commercial breaks. Our show is a live show and we have to be very mindful of keeping the show "on time." So sometimes, it’s just a time issue and we don’t get a chance to say everything we want to about a person. We say what we can in the allotted time.

Now, before we wrap it up, we must say good bye to Steve-O and Lacey. He was such an interesting contestant. I would agree with Tom that he was a lot like Jerry Springer and won the hearts of the audience. It was a great platform for him to showcase another side of him to the American audience. I appreciate his earnest approach and dedication to learning how to become a ballroom dancer. But we’ll see him again on the finale. Now it’s getting down to the end and it’s going to get exciting. Hold on, everyone -- they start to do two dances next week and that’s when the strong survive and the weak will fall to the wayside. Should be interesting!!!!

Stay tuned! Thanks for reading -- and I’ll back next week. Thanks for all your great posts.

Take Care,
Carrie Ann 

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/carrie-ann-in-1.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #668 on: April 16, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »
Ty's blog post:

‘We had our first practice for the group dance’

I had about a 12 hour day today.

I got up and first thing this morning I had to drive about an hour away to a studio where we had our first practice for the group dance that is going to be this Monday. All the celebrities and their partners need to learn a routine where all of us get out there together.

They brought in a choreographer and we worked at that from about 9 a.m. until 1:30 and while I was there I got my eye cut open.

It might end up being a black eye, but I'm not sure. I was doing this thing with Chelsie where I spin her around up above my head and her mic-pack came loose, swung around and hit me in the eye.

It was actually really funny having all of us train and practice together and the choreography was cracking me up. I was watching Lawrence Taylor do some of it and he was watching me and we were both laughing pretty hard.

Then at 1:30 p.m. they picked me up and took me a taping of the TV show "Chelsea Lately" and I was her guest earlier tonight.

As soon as I was done there I went to another studio and met up with Chelsie and we worked on the waltz for about four hours. It's coming along pretty good.

We have most of it choreographed.

I think, it's about a minute and a half and we have about a minute and 20 seconds of it choreographed and I pretty much remember the steps already.

We're off to a good start and I'm thinking it's kind of nice to have a slower song and I'm going to try and get this to where there isn't any thinking involved. The waltz has a really nice feel to it if I can just get past thinking about it.

I'm looking forward to a good week and I appreciate everybody following along for the ride.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/16/We-had-our-first-practice-for-the-group-dance#more

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »
ty will for all the blogs and up dates, my dvr messed up and i did not get to see any dancing at all this week..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »
Today on The Ellen Degeneres Show 4/16

MELISSA RYCROFT & TONY DOVOLANI (“Dancing with the Stars”): Could Melissa be the last one standing on two reality shows in the same year? After Jason Mesnick gave her the final rose on “The Bachelor,” she’s halfway there! When you watch her dancing skills with her partner Tony, I promise you’ll see why she’s a favorite to do it again!

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/thisweek/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #671 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:25 AM »
ty will for all the blogs and up dates, my dvr messed up and i did not get to see any dancing at all this week..

No problem, Tory! You are very welcome.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #672 on: April 16, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
Posted on Chuck's twitter...

Group Practice

Julianne, Melissa, Tony, Gilles, Cheryl & Mark (and camera guy)

Chuck & Julianne

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #673 on: April 17, 2009, 01:17:11 AM »
Melissa & Tony on The Ellen Show

credit to DWTSSeason8

Dancing

credit to Roseee18

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2009, 01:25:00 AM »
Steve-O & Lacey on Live with Regis & Kelly

credit to DWTSSeason8