Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244310 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45:00 AM »
Video:

DWTS Eliminee: David Alan Grier

Night six of DANCING WITH THE STARS sent David Alan Grier and partner Kym Johnson home.

He got the boot on Tuesday's show, and we caught his post-show sadness in leaving with fighting words for the judges!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBjn0giW1k

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2009, 04:47:13 AM »
An interesting article:

Chuck Wicks Says ‘Dancing’ With Julianne Hough Is Good Wedding Day Prep

Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough aren’t engaged, but the country singer admits that performing with his girlfriend on “Dancing With The Stars” could be good preparation for a wedding day dance.

Wicks and Hough have been dating for nine months and are paired together on the show. On Tuesday’s episode, after the pair finished their dance, he got down on one knee, sparking a bit of engagement buzz — show host Samantha Harris even asked Wicks if he had anything to announce to the audience (he said no).

While the two might not be planning a wedding, when asked in a recent interview if he considered “Dancing With the Stars” good training for a nuptial dance, he said: “I don’t need to go on a show to train with her, but I don’t fight that question at all.”

Wicks said before the ABC competition, the only wedding dance staple he knew was the electric slide.

“When you go to weddings, and you hear ‘It’s Electric,’ I’m that guy. I go out there. I start it off,” he said.

But not anymore.

Wicks has now performed a waltz, a salsa, a foxtrot, a lindy hop and a Viennese waltz on the show with Hough.

The singer calls himself “a total goof ball,” but said both he and Hough are taking this competition very seriously. Hough has already won “Dancing With The Stars” twice with other celebrity partners.

“This time it’s a little more personal,” Wicks said. “We’ve got a lot riding on this. I want to prove to her that I can do this, and I think, vice versa.”

And Wicks admits that the exposure he’s getting on the show is a huge opportunity to win over new fans.

“Let’s face it, a lot of people have no idea who I am,” said Wicks. “So this is a great way to say, ‘Hey, this is what I do. I hope you like my music, and I hope you like the way I can try to dance.’”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/chuck-wicks-says-dancing-with-julianne-hough-is-good-wedding-day-prep_article_16483

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2009, 04:56:27 AM »
An interview with David Alan Grier:

No more DWTS for DAG

With five weeks of competition behind them, funnyman David Alan Grier, and his partner, Kym Johnson, punched their final dance card on last night’s episode of Dancing With the Stars. After finding themselves in the bottom two, along with Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska, the couple danced off against their competition and received a 24 for their Viennese waltz (two points better than the previous night). But it wasn’t enough to save them after the judges’ scores, combined with viewer votes, placed L.T. and Edyta above them. “It’s okay,” David told In Touch after being eliminated. “It’s about who dances the best and I understand that.” Last night’s show also saw engaged couple Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy dance to “At Last,” performed by the legendary Etta James, a dream come true for Karina. The night also proved a high for Maksim, whose ballroom choreography was featured in a guest performance by the dance troupe Le Reve, currently appearing at Las Vegas’ Wynn hotel. “It’s the first time they have incorporated ballroom dance into their aquatic show,” Maksim tells In Touch adding, “I am so proud to be a part of it and the show is doing so well. I thought they did a great job tonight.”

“I did not think I would be sweating blood everyday.”

How are you feeling about being eliminated?
David: It’s okay. Tony Dovolani actually saved me tonight. He stopped me and said “you are really into this? It’s a dance show not the Olympics!” If I’m not having fun no one is going to have fun watching me. I did catch myself at a gas station a few weeks ago going, ‘How am I doing? The scores are nuts!’ You have to have fun and Tony really helped me though tonight.

Did you enjoy the experience overall?
David: I had a ball but did not think it would be this crazy. I have the highest respect for the professionals and what they do. I tried to show that every week and dancing is hard! You get paid less than everyone and you never get famous.
Kym: It’s true. We are lucky working on this show but all these dancers on Broadway are the best at what they do David: I really didn’t want to come in and be the clown and comedy guy and really tried to respect the process.

So with no money to be made, dancing is not in your future?
David: Well I perform on stage and do musicals, but don’t consider myself a dancer, I just move a little.

What did you learn about yourself during the show?
David: Well here’s the deal, it wasn’t just about me it was Kim too. In the most frustrating moments there was laughter and tears – I am telling you. I kept telling Kim, ‘I am visiting, you live here, is this the way it always is?’ But it was both of us. I didn’t think this show would challenge me the way it did, I really thought it’s be two step, two step, drink some champagne and hang out with hot chicks. I did not think I would be sweating blood everyday.
Kym: And loosing 28 pounds!

So that was the final weigh in?
David: It was 22 pounds and then 26 and finally 28 pounds.
Kym: After the Lindy Hop!
David: Oh that Lindy Hop, I almost took out a kidney. Oh my gosh, it was incredible.

What will you miss most about the show?
David: I’m going to miss the fact that I can’t tell my wife I am going to dance with a really beautiful woman. I never got a rise out of her the whole time. I told her there were a lot of hook-ups on the show and she was like whatever. It was awesome. She just wanted me home at five with a paycheck.
Kym: I’ll miss so much about David. We had fun in rehearsals and we won’t get to hang out.
David: But it’s all good- it’s about who dances the best and I understand that. That is the show I signed up for and I take it.
Kym: But I’ll be back doing group dances, and we’ll both be back for the finale.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/04/no_more_dwts_for_dag.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »
An interesting article:

Lil' Kim Injured

In a season where injuries took a toll before the first episode even aired, rapper Lil' Kim has joined list of this season’s hurt Dancing With The Stars hopefuls. Though she put on a brave face April 7, she injured her rib in rehearsals last week. "It was fun but a little nerve wracking," Lil' Kim tells In Touch about doing the encore dance. "I have a small injury, well it's not small, but I popped my rip out earlier this week and ripped one of the muscles under my rib. I didn't know." At first the Grammy winner thought she was just sore from dancing but a visit to the show’s masseuse proved otherwise. "She said, 'honey you have a rib out, and you tore one of your muscles," reveals Kim. "She had to push it back in and it hurt so bad." I was dancing through the pain."

The star was advised to ice and rest the injury, but next week’s scheduled jive dance probably won’t allow for it. "There is no time to relax," she says. "We have to learn the jive and it's really energetic - what do I do?" Lucky for Kim, her partner Derek Hough is understanding and willing to make allowances for her injuries. "He'll use a plan B when it comes to the choreography," she says. "And whether I am comfortable or not I have to do it. I'm excited for the dance, but the injury has me a little nervous."

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/04/lil_kim_injured.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2009, 05:28:01 AM »
Video:

a special backstage message from steve-o

So you’ve already seen where Johnny Knoxville had expressed his fears about Steve-O’s future on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars (and if you haven’t then click here), but now hear from the dancing man himself about the doubts he had this past week going into Monday night’s performance.

Link to view the video: http://www.jackassworld.com/blog/2009/04/08/a-special-backstage-message-from-steve-o/#more-10105

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2009, 05:35:46 AM »
Chuck Wick Blogs:

Chuck Wicks  #2 Among MySpace’s Hottest Country Artists as He Dances into Week 6 of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars....

– RCA Nashville recording artist and Dancing with the Stars celebrity contestant Chuck Wicks is doing more than heating up the dance floor, he’s also hot online, where for the second week in a row he ranks as the #2 country artist on MySpace.  According to Yuzio, Wicks has amassed more than one-half million profile views in each of the past two weeks, second only to country superstar Carrie Underwood.

A gifted songwriter and vocalist, Chuck made a compelling impression with his Top 5 smash, “Stealing Cinderella,” the fastest-rising single by a debut country act in 2007.  By the time his first album, Starting Now, was released in January 2008, he had begun a year-long 750,000 fan-packed tour opening for superstar Brad Paisley.  Chuck co-wrote all but one of the songs on his debut CD, including his second hit, “All I Ever Wanted,” and the current single, “Man of the House,” a touching story-song about a boy taking on beyond-his-years responsibilities as his father is on military assignment.

Watch for Chuck on the dance floor once again as the next new episode of Dancing with the Stars airs this coming Monday, April 13, at 8 PM ET, on ABC.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=66446994&blogId=481994538

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »
David Alan Grier was funny, but it was time. Thanks for posting his blog, marigold. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
Melissa leaving rehearsal and stopping by to sign autographs in the parking lot yesterday

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2009/04/08/dwts-melissa-rycroft-leaves-rehearsals/full_melissa_rycroft_07_wenn5275815/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »

Cheryl Burke Blogs:

Cheryl Burke by Fit Couture

Hi everyone - I'm so excited about my new clothing line.  Please check out the press release and the website and tell me what you think.

CHERYL BURKE TEAMS WITH ....

FIT COUTURE FOR SIGNATURE ....

CLOTHING LINE....

Houston, TX – March 23, 2009 - Cheryl Burke, a two-time
champion on Dancing with the Stars, has joined forces with online based
clothier Fit Couture for Burke’s first foray into the apparel world.  The signature line of active and workout wear
is called Cheryl Burke by Fit Couture.  Founded in 2003 by Amy and Mike Cerny, with the belief that
workout attire should be flattering, comfortable and stylish, ....Houston.., ..TX....
based Fit Couture is one of the leading online boutique retailers. 

“Comfort is so important to me when I am active,” says
Burke. “I like to wear pieces that move with my body and
are flattering to my body type.  I’ve
always wanted to start my own clothing line and I’ve been a fan of Fit
Couture’s items for a while now so when they approached me about doing a line
with them it just made sense.” ....

“At Fit Couture we believe that
exercise clothing should be functional, flattering, stylish and comfortable –
all philosophies that we share with Cheryl.
We feel like Cheryl Burke by Fit Couture really captures her personality
and sense of style.  The pieces can be
worn around the house, running errands and definitely can tolerate any workout,
be it the gym or in the dance studio,” states Amy Cerny of Fit Couture.

The debut collection for Cheryl Burke by Fit Couture features
9 pieces; 4 styles of pants, 3 styles of tops and 2 jacket styles all available
in 4 different colors and color combinations.
As with Fit Couture’s original line, Burke’s line offers a wide variety
of sizes and pants inseams to fit and suit every body type.  With prices ranging from $44-$88 all items,
which are made in the ....United
States...., are available exclusively through
www.Fitcouture.com

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=35094071&blogId=482152358

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
An interesting article:

The secret of Tom's angry past

He seems to never lose his cool, but Tom Bergeron, of Dancing with the Stars and America's Funniest Home Videos, was once famous for his temper tantrums. “I had a pretty hot temper,” Tom tells In Touch. “But it wasn’t directed at other people, it was always at myself, and apartment walls!” Eventually, Tom discovered meditation, which he says helped him calm the beast within. "I am not that kind of man anymore, and haven’t been for years,” he says today. Tom hoping to teach others how to find their own inner peace with his new book, I’m Hosting as Fast as I Can!: Zen and the Art of Staying Sane in Hollywood.

The star is also happy with the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars. “This season there are a couple of front-runners, but those who are not the strongest dancers have the power of personality," Tom says. "All of that creates a much more fascinating season than we have had in a while!”

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/04/the_secret_of_toms_angry_past.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
Ty Murray Blogs:

‘Hopefully this is going to be a good one for us’

We put in about six hours of practice on Wednesday and Chelsie got the whole routine choreographed so we started working on quite a few of the steps already.

Chelsie and I both really like the song. It's a lot easier to hear the music and feel the beat of the song than it was for us last week with the Paso Doble. "Barracuda" was a tough song--actually it was a tough dance to a really tough piece of music.

Unlike last week, Chelsie wanted the song we're using and it didn't get picked for us.

The Jive is a really athletic dance and it's really fast-paced--sort of like the Lindy Hop was, but it's really different. However, it is along those same lines a little bit.

As always, we're putting in the work.

We feel like we took a little step backward last week and that we got knocked down a little bit, but if there's one thing that bull riding teaches you is that you get right back up and you keep trying and no matter what you bear-down. That's something I know how to do and it's what I'm going to do.

Hopefully this is going to be a good one for us.

The way the music is and the way the choreography goes along with that music it seems like it's going to be a lot easier to just get into it and roll with it.

Chelsie and I will keep working hard and it's time for all of us to cowboy up.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/9/Hopefully-this-is-going-to-be-a-good-one-for-us

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »

David Alan Grier Blogs:

DWTS: Thanks for the support!

Well,

I have been voted off of the island. This morning I threw my dance
shoes in the dumpster, and it's back to the salt mine for me. I would
like to thank all of the people that voted for us and supported Kym and
I on the show.  That being said, I wish all of the remaining
competitors luck. It was great to meet them and get to know them, and I
will see them all at the finale...if the producers and ABC actually let
me back into the building.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=38074175&blogId=482158767

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2009, 01:04:26 PM »
Celebs rehab R-rated reputations on ‘Dancing’
Lil' Kim just the latest star to seek Total Image Overhaul on family show

Not so long ago, rapper Lil' Kim perpetuated an X-rated public image that could make even the baddest girls blush.

Her raunchy roster of songs include the hit "Magic Stick" and lyrics much too graphic to repeat and she has jail creds, serving 10 months in prison for lying to a federal grand jury about a 2001 gun battle outside a New York radio station.

But now — nearly two years out of jail — Kim haunts the PG-rated pastures of "Dancing With the Stars." Watching her twirl like a princess in floaty chiffon and weep with joy after her successful Argentine tango, it's easy to forget the wild woman who wore a purple pasty on an exposed breast on national TV.

Viewers are rooting for Kim, along with more wholesome contestants like Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson. After her well reviewed performance Monday, the rapper said the ABC dance competition was "bringing out the sensitive side of Little Kim."

Which begs the question: Is "Dancing With the Stars" the new rehab? With each season, celebrity dancers of varying degrees of infamy seek redemption on the family show through a Total Image Overhaul. But witnessing, say, a formerly jailed rapper shake her bon-bon (and ex-con status) might be part of the cheeky fun.

"The strange thing is a lot of people have been on the show who do come from a more slightly edgy background or who have got a reputation possibly for being more edgy — when they get on the show, tend to be very likable," says executive producer Conrad Green.

"There's something about the rosy glow of ‘Dancing With the Stars.’ It's kind of hard (to resist) even if you're ... a bad boy, you start wearing sequins and playing the game."

The eighth season of the top-rated series recruited some other bawdy contestants: "Jackass" daredevil Steve-O, who recently completed rehab after battling drug addiction; Denise Richards, whose messy divorce from Charlie Sheen branded her a tabloid target; and possibly Holly Madison, former Playboy playmate and girlfriend of Hugh Hefner.

The show, which debuted in 2005, has a history of extending the spotlight and second chances to Hollywood oddballs, outcasts and others with sordid backstories. Some examples: actress Tatum O'Neal, who recounted her drug addiction recovery in a memoir; Heather Mills, who went through a nasty divorce from Paul McCartney; E! reality star Kim Kardashian, who rose to fame because of a sex tape featuring her and reality star Ray J; and Jerry Springer, the impresario of trash TV.

Green says the show had a "breakthrough" in the third season by casting Springer, an unexpected fan favorite, loving father and good sport.

"Everyone expected ‘Jerry Springer: King of Schlock' and all that kind of stuff for the show," says Green. "He showed a completely different side of himself, and he's a very likable, charming guy. And a really good story. And he really got into the spirit of the show. I think it's completely rejuvenated the public perception of him — and I think it was really nice for him and it was really nice for a lot of our other celebrities to say, `You know what? You can see me much more as I am.'"

That certainly strikes a nerve with Kardashian.

The curvy beauty, who co-stars with her family on the E! reality hit "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," was eliminated early on last season but appreciated the chance to reveal her true self on "Dancing."

"Lil' Kim and I were talking about that: We were saying that we felt like there was this different identity out there of us ... but the show was a great opportunity to show who we really are," she says.

Kardashian, who was approached by producers to do the show, says millions of viewers "were able to see that I'm a lot more shy and reserved than people would probably assume. ... I'm not a performer. I'm so used to hiding behind my sisters."

Producers seek out celebs with interesting stories and build the rest of the cast around them, Green says. The challenge is to pick a variety of likable contestants who "you want to spend some time" with over the course of each season, he says. The bigger the fan base, the higher the ratings.

Green had considered Steve-O (real name: Stephen Glover) since the beginning but didn't approach him until "he entered rehab and sorted his life out." The "Jackass" star, who received decent marks this week from the judges for his Viennese waltz, recently joked on the show that he's not used to coping with high-pressure situations "without the help of drugs and alcohol."

Green says it might have been "too dangerous on a family show (casting) Steve-O like he was before. ... Perhaps I'm being unfair there but I'm rather risk averse, given the size of our audience and how easy it would be to offend them. But then when we met with Steve-O, he's a really lovely bloke."

Truth be told, fans of the kitschy ballroom dance show are probably not judging the contestants' moral character as much as how well they move on the floor. Sex appeal can lead to success on the show. Season-eight stud Gilles Marini exudes it. So does Lil' Kim. See also: the crackling combination of past partners Mario Lopez and professional dancer Karina Smirnoff.

Who'd complete Green's dream cast? Former President Bill Clinton and Michael Jackson, who have both weathered sex scandals far more humiliating than Lil' Kim's prison stint.

"Karina and Bill Clinton, now that would be dynamite," Green says, considering possible pairings. "I actually think he'd be quite a good mover."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30135121/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:38 PM »
An interesting article:  Nice

Gilles aids Haitian youth

Gilles Marini is more than just a handsome face — he also has a big heart! The dashing Dancing With the Stars contestant will be in New York on April 11 to support the Setanta Cup, an all-day soccer festival benefiting nonprofit organizations Hollywood Unites for Haiti and the Chelsea Piers Scholarship Fund. “It’s for an amazing cause. Proceeds will help underprivileged youth in Haiti. You have to help,” Gilles tells In Touch. The Sex and the City star, alongside fellow hunks Marc Consuelos and Brandon Routh, will start the event with a match with the Hollywood United Football Club. And Gilles admits fans might see some skin. “I have to change at halftime,” he admits with a laugh. “And I will be in my shorts, too!”

For more information about the Setanta Cup, visit http://www.hollywoodutd.com/news/35

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/04/gille_aids_haitian_youth.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #615 on: April 09, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »
Video:

Dancing With The Stars: Steve Wozniak

The Woz is bringing his angry face to Reality Chat

but we get the nitty gritty about his positive attitude, injuries and working through it all.

He talks about his great relationship with Karina, his lack of experience and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nguR7_fTcwE

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #616 on: April 09, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »

The Woz Bogs:

It's not over, for sure!

I'm going back and forth, attending the show every week to support my new good friends.

Plus, I'll be dancing in the finale. I have never watched the show, as I don't watch TV. I don't know if we plan and perform a new dance for the finale, but what else could it be? I guess we have to wait until they give us our song to perform to. Otherwise, I'd love to get in the studio now and start preparing an incredible performance.

I drove home yesterday, for the first time in nearly 2 months. My dogs just acted like it was another normal "daddy comes home" evening. They didn't yelp and jump all over me and cry. They didn't uncontrollably pee on me either. Perhaps they understood when Janet this week had brought home some of my unwashed clothes for them to smell, and told them that daddy was coming home soon. We took them for a night walk after going out to the Old Spaghetti Factory, one of my favorite places.

I was in the audience for this Monday's and Tuesday's shows. I asked to be seated 'off camera' because I just want to enjoy the great privilege of watching the show live, and I don't want or need exposure. Oddly, I found that you see a better artistic presentation on TV.

I was as happy as anyone in the audience when Steve O was saved from the [horrible] dance-off. Many in the audience expressed happiness when he was saved. He has a lot of fans and he is on a good road in life too. He smiles and laughs like I did at the rudest comments by the judges or others. I can see through him how infectious and good this positive attitude is.

For those of you who admired this in me, and the bravery and the hard work and being totally out of a comfort zone, Steve O is the one to support with your votes. The way the judges are after him for his dancing, he needs our support the most. I get my best feelings when an underdog is saved. Plus, Steve O and I became very close friends and we both would do anything we could to help the other. It's hard to explain, because going in I imagined, from what I had heard, that he would be the only one that I wouldn't even befriend at all.

By the way, Steve O's dancing partner, Lacy, admired my nixie tube watch the way a true geeeeek would, so I gave her one as a gift and she was wearing it Tuesday morning at an interview for the TV Guide channel (we were both there for interviews).

As for the dances this week, Gilles truly amazed me as much as anyone. But I also thought that Lil' Kim and Derek brought the wonderful feeling of watching a couple truly doing a waltz together, as one, to us all. I would have given them 10's as well. Everyone comes to love Lil' Kim. She is the most wonderful person in real life. I truly love her as well, about as much as I 'love' Steve O. But in the case of Lil' Kim, I'm not alone.

I'm sorry to see David Allen Greer leave. He has a style of comedy that I love. A bit like Kathy Griffin, but not so outward, he carries comedy in his body movements, facial expressions, and subtle comments. I love the sort of comedy that is so clever you almost don't recognize it as comedy, and David is a master at that, at saying things just the right way. Anyone knows how comedy is so important to me. I hope very much that David gets back to watch more shows, so I can see him and talk with him.

I'll drive back to L.A. on Sunday or Monday to see the next show live. Then it's off to San Antonio, Texas, for a speech to apartment owners. I'm going to love this one. After that I could have gotten out to Atlanta for the championships of the FIRST robotics competition, which is always the best thing I do in life, but I would have only been able to make it for 1 day. When you are so behind in life after DWTS, it's hard to travel so much for just 1 day there, so instead I'll come back to L.A. for the next DWTS show, and then home again.

I'm really hoping that there will be some Segway polo match I can play in this [Easter] Sunday! I missed that a lot, but at least I was on my Segway for many miles every day in L.A.

I hope to arrange a dinner or something with the San Jose Mercury columnist Gary Richards, who writes the Roadshow column, my favorite. He went out on a limb and said some very nice things while I was on DWTS. When you are doing something like this TV show, every friend in the world means so much to you.

best wishes,

Woz

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=49720779842&topic=8340

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: April 09, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »
Video:

Dancing With The Stars: Lacey Schwimmer

DANCING WITH THE STARS is known for it's sexy pros. Lacey Schwimmer,

a Swing Dance champion, is becoming a fan favorite while coaxing along partner Steve-O.

She brings her brand of sass to Reality Chat to dish with Rosanna Tavarez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukaODx6H8E&feature=channel_page

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #618 on: April 09, 2009, 11:11:18 PM »
An interesting article:

‘Dancing’ Feud: Bruno Defends Carrie Ann After David Alan Grier’s Attack

“Dancing With the Stars” judge Bruno Tonioli has come to the defense of his fellow panelist, Carrie Ann Inaba, after a raunchy rant by booted contestant David Alan Grier.

“Carrie Ann has to do her job,” Bruno told Billy Bush for Access Hollywood and “The Billy Bush Show.” “I think getting to that level of language is a bit inappropriate. I don’t think it’s classy.”

On Wednesday night after Grier was eliminated from “Dancing,” the star slammed all of the judges in an interview with Access, but said he took particular offense at the criticism from the former “In Living Color” Fly Girl, Carrie Ann.

“There’s several people that can kiss my a**, but she’s definitely the first in line…” he said (Click HERE to watch David’s rant in full). “To stand up week after week and be humiliated by people who have no right to talk to me [like that]… I am proudest that I didn’t climb across that table and slap the s*** out of every one of those judges and that’s my proudest accomplishment.”

And keeping his actions in check might have truly been Grier’s greatest accomplishment this season as Bruno told Billy the actor/comedian wasn’t a dance floor twinkle toes.

“He wasn’t terrible but he wasn’t that good [at dancing],” Bruno said. “We all have opinions ourselves, but to push it to that level…it’s not nice.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/dancing-feud-bruno-defends-carrie-ann-after-david-alan-griers-attack_article_16547

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #619 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:51 PM »

Edyta Blogs:

Result Show

Being in a bottom two was very stressful, and dance off is definitely not a pleasant experience. We are grateful for your votes. Without them we would not stay in the competition. Thank you for you support!

This week we are dancing jive. We want to make it fun and show our positive energy. We dedicate this dance to all the fans that voted us through this week. Thank you so much!

Edyta

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=65352412&blogId=482279436

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: April 09, 2009, 11:57:37 PM »
Ty Murray Blogs:

'You have to believe in the process’

We put in about a six-hour day today and we got through the routine with music several times. Chelsie is still making small tweaks to the choreography and she told me to expect a long day tomorrow because that's when she's going to be working on technique.

Those always make for long days, but that's part of the process and I'm used to it.

Every week it always feels like an insurmountable mountain, but you have to believe in that process and keep putting in the work. Every Wednesday and Thursday it feels like that, but you just have to trust the process.

All you can do it keep working at it and just do what your coach tells you, and trust that it's going to get better.

This dance is pretty fast-paced and it's a lot of really fast footwork that all has to be on the count. It all has to be synched up.

That's the thing about the technique because when you and your partner are supposed to be doing the exact same things it has to look like you're doing the exact same things otherwise it looks off. It almost ought to look like mirror images.

That's the part we're working on so, at the point, when we're supposed to be doing the same thing it has to be timed right.

The Jive is a real high-energy, high-speed dance so we'll just keep working and it ought to look good.

One more thing, starting Friday afternoon, please take the time to log onto WWW.PBR.TV and listen to my new Podcast, in which I answer your questions about my experience on "Dancing with the Stars."

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/9/You-have-to-believe-in-the-process

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #621 on: April 10, 2009, 01:21:03 AM »
Tony, Mark & Derek Tear It Up at the Grove

credit to hollywoodtv

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #622 on: April 10, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
click on link below to view video

Stars Reveal Favorite Things Besides 'Dancing'

ET's Kevin Frazier gets the sexy cast of "Dancing with the Stars" to share some of their favorite things -- from movies and TV to comfort foods and exercise routines.

Real-life couple Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks divulge their guilty pleasure comfort foods and it's revealed they share the same favorite TV show as some other "DWTS" stars.

There's an obvious bit of peer pressure as Shawn Johnson is asked to name her favorite iPod song, when her dancing partner Mark Ballas has his own band.

When it comes to the stars' favorite ways to stay in shape, Melissa Rycroft says she doesn't have much choice at the moment but to dance her way to better health, thanks to help from her partner, Tony Dovolani. In keeping with his steamy image, Gilles Marini says his favorite exercise takes place in the bedroom.

Click the video to find out which couple revealed their favorite movie is 'Walk the Line' because they feel it mimics their own life story.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72698/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #623 on: April 10, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »
Friday, April 10, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE ON NEXT WEEK'S DANCING RESULTS SHOW ON ABC (4/14)

SIXTH COUPLE ELIMINATED ON
"DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW,"
TUESDAY, APRIL 14 ON ABC

Seven-time Academy of Country Music "Vocal Group of the Year" Artists
Rascal Flatts Perform

The Cast of West Side Story Performs

Macy's Stars of Dance Brings Carmen Electra to the Stage

"Episode 806A" - After a night of Rumba and Jive, the sixth couple to be eliminated from the competition is revealed on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, APRIL 14(9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Seven-time Academy of Country Music "Vocal Group of the Year" artists Rascal Flatts return to the "Dancing with the Stars" stage with their hit, "Here Comes Goodbye," from their new album, "Unstoppable," released on April 7, 2009. Joining them on stage are professional dancers Tony Dovolani and Julianne Hough. Also performing The Beatles' hit, "Revolution," the Grammy Award-winning country artists put a new spin on a favorite for their second performance of the night, along with professional dancers Mark Ballas, Chelsie, Hightower Aliona Vilani and Artem Chigvintsev.

From one of the most memorable musicals and love stories of all time, the cast of the Broadway revival "West Side Story" transforms the ballroom with a spectacular performance of "America." With original music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Steven Sondheim, the Tony Award-winning "West Side Story" was written by Arthur Laurents and is based off of William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet.

In a special Macy's Stars of Dance performance, choreographer Lindsley Allen brings a classic cabaret performance starring actress and dancer Carmen Electra to the "Dancing with the Stars" stage alongside the dance troupe Cherry Boom Boom. The Los Angeles based Cherry Boom Boom was created by Lindsley Allen, formerly of the burlesque Pussy Cat Dolls, and is a return to vintage Hollywood glamour and traditional cabaret.

By evening's end one couple will be eliminated. Who among the following eight teams will leave the ballroom floor?

Shawn Johnson (Olympic gymnastics medalist) and partner Mark Ballas
Lil' Kim (Grammy Award winning rapper) and partner, reigning champion Derek Hough
Gilles Marini (model and actor) and partner Cheryl Burke
Ty Murray ("King of Cowboys") and partner, newcomer Chelsie Hightower
Steve-O (star of "Jackass" and "Wildboyz") and partner Lacey Schwimmer
Melissa Rycroft (from "The Bachelor") and partner Tony Dovolani
Lawrence Taylor (National Football League Hall of Famer, a.k.a. "LT") and partner Edyta Sliwinska
Chuck Wicks (country music star) and partner Julianne Hough

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=041009_02

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: April 10, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »
So if you analyze the current contestants for the disco ball, you have 4 who are top-notch:

Melissa
Gilles
Shawn
Lil' Kim

and you have 4 who will be eliminated in the next 4 weeks:

Steve-O
Lawrence
Ty
Chuck (although he sometimes is quite good)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:39:41 PM by apskip »