Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244238 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »

Lacey Schwimmer interview

DANCING WITH THE STARS pro Lacey Schwimmer talks about the injury-plagued Steve O,

judging controversies and gives her informed opinon of the remaining contestants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqPkDdmJvs

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
An interesting article: Holly's hurt

Holly Madison Takes Dancing Hit to the Ribs

Holly Madison may usually have a big smile on her face but that isn't a tickle she's feeling in her ribs.

"After experiencing pain in her rib area, Holly received medical attention," a rep for the former Girls Next Door roommate tells E! News. "While she is not suffering from a broken rib, she does continue to feel a great deal of discomfort and was prescribed pain medication."

"She is committed to the show and her partner, Dmitry, and will rest when she can," he continued. "She fully hopes and, at this time, expects to dance on Monday."

As if Tuesday's bottom-two appearance hadn't been enough of a gut check.

Publicist Steve Flynn said earlier today that Madison, a late addition to this season's cast after Jewel dropped out, first hurt herself last week while rehearsing the samba.

And when it came time to tango on this week, she just couldn't, and decided to hoof it to the doctor's office instead. ABC cameras followed her there, so we're sure to see some behind-the-scenes action on Monday's show.

In the meantime, Holly's in good company. Fellow contestants Gilles Marini, Steve-O, Steve Wozniak and probably everyone else (and we just don't know it yet) are dealing with injuries.

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b106377_holly_madison_takes_dancing_hit_ribs.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2009, 10:26:09 PM »
An interesting article:

Shawn Johnson $cores Big with "DWTS" Contract

Shawn Johnson is raking in the cash on "Dancing with the Stars" -- although she may not think it's worth the hassle of dealing with alleged stalker Robert O'Ryan.

We've obtained a copy of Shawn's "Dancing" contract -- a public document filed with the L.A. County Superior Court. A judge had to approve the deal because she's a minor. Under the contract, Shawn gets a guarantee of $125,000 for appearing on the show. By surviving the first elimination, she gets an additional $10,000 a week for weeks 3 and 4.

If Shawn survives the next eliminations, the rate doubles to $20,000 a week for weeks 5, 6 and 7. For weeks 8 and 9 she scores $30,000 a week.

And here's where it really gets sweet. In weeks 10 and 11, if Shawn makes it through, she gets $50,000 a week.

Total take if Shawn makes it to the final 2 -- $365,000.

Under the contract, Shawn must train approximately 20 hours a week. As for the all important issue of injuries ... the contract makes it clear that "Dancing" has no liability. It reads, "Artist releases Producer, Network ... from any and all claims ... arising from physical or other injury resulting from Artist's appearance in the Series..."

Nice work if you can get it.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/26/shawn-johnson-cores-big-with-dwts-contract/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »
.... more on Shawn

Shawn Johnson Stalker Pleads Not Guilty

O'Ryan was arrested Tuesday at CBS studios, where authorities say they found loaded guns, duct tape and love letters in a car he drove from Florida to meet Johnson.

The 34-year-old was charged with one felony count of stalking and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded gun in a vehicle. O'Ryan wore a red shirt and khaki pants with a scraggly beard and long brown hair down to his waist. During his arraignment in Los Angeles Superior Court, he attempted to hide behind his attorney, Public Defender Dwight Corum.

Bail was increased from $35,000 to $220,000, with a trial date set for April 27. If convicted, O'Ryan could face up to four years in prison.

After the arraignment, Johnson's attorney told press, "Shawn is 17, but she is mature and is feeling very comfortable and confident because she feels that everyone has handled this matter quickly and efficiently across the board."

A restraining order was issued Wednesday by request of Johnson's parents. It said she was "in fear of her life." Johnson's mother, Teri, says she was informed by police that O'Ryan believed he was meant to have a child with her daughter.

Miss Johnson is scheduled to continue competing on "Dancing with the Stars."

There is another video of the case in court here: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/03/shawn_johnsons_stalker_appears.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2009, 11:18:16 PM »
Ty Murray's Blog: awww it can't be that bad

‘It really is like trying to teach a monkey’

We got in another long practice day before Chelsie and I had to film a segment with the entertainment news program "Extra" and do a photo shoot for "In Touch" magazine and some other press stuff for "Dancing with the Stars."

On "Extra" they had me take Chelsie and Mario Lopez over to the Saddle Ranch, which is on Sunset Boulevard, and teach them how to ride a mechanical bull. They both did pretty darn good.

Chelsie and I are gaining some ground with the Lindy Hop, but the both of us are pretty sore from some of the crashes we've taken in trying to figure out how to do these lifts right. But we're hanging in there and it's nothing serious. It's just a little soreness.

In a little bit we'll be on a flight to Albuquerque and we'll get in two more long rehearsal days while we're there. I have a real early radio tour tomorrow morning to promote the bull riding event and Chelsie will be doing some phone interviews.

I'll only be there for the first round of the event on Friday night and then we'll practice on Saturday in Albuquerque before we fly back.

We need to be in Los Angeles on Saturday night so that we can do camera blocking at the studio on Sunday. Once we do that we'll get one more long rehearsal in Sunday afternoon.

Chelsie polished up the choreography today so, I think, we're pretty set on what it's going to be. Now it's just a matter of trying to learn it, but it's a really fast dance so I'm still trying to learn all the footwork.

It really is like trying to teach a monkey. She's trying to get me to learn a pattern in a real short amount of time and it's hard for me to just make a change. It's like you cut a link the chain and then the monkey has to figure it all out again.

But, like I mentioned, we have pretty good handle on it.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/3/26/It-really-is-like-trying-to-teach-a-monkey

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »
more on Holly:

Holly Madison Examined for ‘Excruciating’ Pain from Injury

The Dancing With the Stars injury bug has bit another victim — this time Holly Madison.

A rep for the Girls Next Door star tells PEOPLE that Madison was taken to the doctor Thursday after a pain in her side became excruciating, preventing her from rehearsing.

“She hurt herself last week when she was rehearsing the Samba,” Steve Flynn, Madison’s rep, says. “(Thursday) she was practicing the tango and the pain was so bad that it made it basically impossible for her to move.”

ABC camera crews were with Madison at the doctor’s visit. “While she is not suffering a broken rib, she does continue to feel a great deal of discomfort and was prescribed pain medication,” Flynn says.

Madison “is committed to the show” and hopes to dance on Monday after getting rest, he says. “She was in a lot of pain last week,” the rep says. “But you know, Holly’s a gamer. She wants to do this so bad and she wants to do well. She really didn’t tell a lot of people how badly she was injured because she doesn’t want to give herself any excuses.”

Madison, who actually replaced Jewel when the singer got injured, told PEOPLE last weekend at Prive Las Vegas that she was using “positive thinking” to stay injury-free.

“I’m getting bruised up,” she said. “I’m thinking really positive. Physically it’s the most difficult thing I’ve done.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/26/holly-madison-examined-for-excruciating-pain-from-injury/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2009, 11:33:45 PM »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: March 27, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
More on Holly:

EXCLUSIVE: DWTS' Holly Madison Injured But Expected to Return Monday

Holly Madison is the latest Dancing With the Star competitor to get injured!

She was experiencing pain before performing on this week's show, and while rehearsing for the tango on Thursday, the pain got significantly worse. She received medical attention and a broken rib was ruled out.

"While she is not suffering from a broken rib, she does continue to feel a great deal of discomfort and was prescribed pain medication," Madison's rep tells Usmagazine.com exclusively. "She is committed to the show and her partner, Dmitry and will rest when she can. She fully hopes and, at this time, expects to dance on Monday."

Madison complained to Us of having bruised ribs this week and hoped that she wouldn't have to do the elimination round's dance-off. (Madison did end up competing in the dance-off against Denis Richards, who went home Tuesday.)

Madison signed on to compete in DWTS after replacing Jewel, who suffered a dancing-related injury before the show's premiere. Nancy O'Dell also dropped out of the competition before it even began due to injury. Other current contestants, including Steve-O and Steve Wozniak, have also suffered physical injuries this season.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/idwtsi-holly-madison-injured-but-expected-return-monday-2009263

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: March 27, 2009, 12:43:20 AM »
Video:

Shawn Johnson, Stalker and CBS Studio on GMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bSKKhdJq8

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #434 on: March 27, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »
New Photo: Shawn Johnson In Good Spirits

"Dancing with the Stars" contestant Shawn Johnson appeared in good spirits Thursday in Los Angeles.

The Olympic gymnast was seen leaving CBS Studios the same day her alleged stalker Robert O'Ryan appeared in court.

O'Ryan appeared in court in Los Angeles on Thursday and pleaded not guilty to all three counts against him.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/72235/index.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2009, 04:41:20 AM »
Video: she looks great

Nancy O'Dell Talks To Us About Her Injured Knee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9dDN2MJJ3Y

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: March 27, 2009, 04:44:35 AM »
Video: a quick look at Shawn

Shawn Johnson Leaves Dance Studio In West Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2XWKAuzio8

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: March 27, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »
Ty Murray talks about Shawn:

"Dancing" Star: Alleged Stalker's a "Kook!"

"DWTS" contestant Ty Murray is speaking out about Shawn Johnson's alleged stalker, by saying it's "unfortunate there are kooks in the world."

Video available here: http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/27/dancing-star-alleged-stalkers-a-kook/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2009, 07:33:15 AM »
Wow! Shawn Johnson's stalker is really getting his 15 minutes of fame!  :lol3: Lock him up and throw away the key.  :whips

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:00:51 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2009, 07:37:58 AM »
Wow! Shawn Johnson is really getting his 15 minutes of fame!  :lol3: Lock him up and throw away the key.  :whips

:duno:  huh, Shawn Johnson is a 17 year old GIRL

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #440 on: March 27, 2009, 07:58:50 AM »
Wow! Shawn Johnson is really getting his 15 minutes of fame!  :lol3: Lock him up and throw away the key.  :whips

:duno:  huh, Shawn Johnson is a 17 year old GIRL

Oppsie! I meant Shawn Johnson's stalker is really getting his 15 minutes of fame! Must. Drink. Coffee. Before . Posting!

Thank you for correcting me Marigold.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #441 on: March 27, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »
Just to give you an idea how much ABC is paying the celebrities to be on DWTS

Shawn Johnson $cores Big with "DWTS" Contract

Shawn Johnson is raking in the cash on "Dancing with the Stars" -- although she may not think it's worth the hassle of dealing with alleged stalker Robert O'Ryan.

We've obtained a copy of Shawn's "Dancing" contract -- a public document filed with the L.A. County Superior Court. A judge had to approve the deal because she's a minor. Under the contract, Shawn gets a guarantee of $125,000 for appearing on the show. By surviving the first elimination, she gets an additional $10,000 a week for weeks 3 and 4.

If Shawn survives the next eliminations, the rate doubles to $20,000 a week for weeks 5, 6 and 7. For weeks 8 and 9 she scores $30,000 a week.

And here's where it really gets sweet. In weeks 10 and 11, if Shawn makes it through, she gets $50,000 a week.

Total take if Shawn makes it to the final 2 -- $365,000.

Under the contract, Shawn must train approximately 20 hours a week. As for the all important issue of injuries ... the contract makes it clear that "Dancing" has no liability. It reads, "Artist releases Producer, Network ... from any and all claims ... arising from physical or other injury resulting from Artist's appearance in the Series..."

Nice work if you can get it.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/27/shawn-johnson-cores-big-with-dwts-contract/

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2009, 08:08:52 AM »
Because many of the celebrities are giving up other projects and time to do this so ABC has to come up with some cash to attract people. Some like Lisa Rinna have felt the effort was worthwhile because of the work she has received from the attention on DWTS, others don't see much of an effect. I know that Beth Ostrowski (Howard Stern's wife) turned down the offer to go on because of the time commitment and flying back and forth from the East coast to do the show.
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #443 on: March 27, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »
I'm sure most of the celebrities that appear on the show donate their earnings to charity.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #444 on: March 27, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »
click on link below to view video

Julianne Hough & Chuck Wicks Blog: Who's in the Doghouse?

New video: A special treat just for ETonline.com! "Dancing" stars Julianne Hough and her boyfriend/dance partner Chuck Wicks are blogging from the ET set to reveal the latest on their progress in the competition.

"It's going really well," Julianne says. But, Chuck adds, "Steve Wozniak got a 10 and he still wasn't even in the bottom two ... fans, it is up to you -- and we need your votes."

What dance is the country couple doing next week -- and who's in the doghouse if they hit a low score? Watch the video to find out!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/72197/index.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: March 27, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »
An interesting article:

Maks & Karina's Wedding Details

Engaged Dancing With the Stars pros Maksim Chermkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff are working out their wedding plans – and just like in the ballroom, he's taking the lead.

While Maks tells OK! he's letting Karina handle the details, she jokes, "He's leaving it up to me to do it his way!" And that means a big wedding.

"At the rate it's going, it will be huge," says Karina. "I'd rathr have a small party, but a huge honeymoon in Bora Bora."

But Karina, who accepted Maks' proposal in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve, insists, "I'm easy. If he wants a big wedding with a band, we'll do it."

Still, Maks and Karina must also consider their families' wishes. While both are half Jewish, Karina considers herself a Christian, so she says, "I think we'd have a priest and a rabbi [officiate]."

Stressful wedding decisions aside, Karina couldn't be happier that she's marrying Maks.

"I've had my share of frogs that I've had to kiss until I found my prince."

http://www.ok-magazine.com/news/view/12857

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: March 27, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
Video:

Ty Murray interview on Big I 107.9 - Albuquerque NM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6roU68I0Stk

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: March 27, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
An interesting article:

DWTS' Melissa: Born to Dance!

Melissa Rycroft got her first taste of reality TV stardom long before getting dumped by Jason Mesnick on The Bachelor, then turning heads with partner Tony Dovolani on Dancing With The Stars.

Texas native Melissa, 26, strutted her stuff with pro football's famous Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders during 2006/2007, and appeared in that season of the CMT network series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.

But even before her reality TV debut, Melissa was the hottest hoofer at her high school. In fact, she was even First Lieutenant of the drill team during her 2001 senior year at Newman Smith High School in Carrollton, Texas. Check out Star's exclusive pics below!

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/15394

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: March 27, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »

Shawn Johnson Stalker Detained his neighbors talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l0sYhqDQjE

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: March 27, 2009, 03:26:48 PM »
 :groan:   :lol:

Steve-O Blogs:

Getting Extreme With The Woz

Hello Everyone,

After seeing the way George W. Bush landed flat on his face while trying to ride one of these "Segway" contraptions, I must admit I have been terrified of them. They say the way to overcome fear is to face it and, fortunately, my good friend, Steve Wozniak, afforded me that opportunity tonight. We went out for dinner together and, afterwards, the Woz insisted that I learn how to ride the device that maimed the former President of the USA. The Woz has given me nothing but great advice since we met, so I willingly became his student. He taught me everything I needed to know for our journey to the nearest Apple Store, where we posed for photos. I think I can safely speak for my fellow Steve, by saying that we are both deeply touched and honored by the votes from all of you that have kept us alive in this dancing competition- despite the fact that the judges have deemed us to be the two worst dancers to have entered it. Thank you all, so very much.

I love you all,

Steve-O

Sent from my iPhone

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=2231003&blogId=479158730