Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244261 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
Idiot!!!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:56 PM »
Video:

DWTS: Denise Richards with tvguide's Hollywood 411

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seIQVCovDTg

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:38 PM »

Idiot!!!!!!

I know what a nut .... poor Shawn and her family it's so sad  :(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
That is sick. I'm glad the guy was caught. I hope he goes to jail for a very long time.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2009, 11:19:12 PM »

That is sick. I'm glad the guy was caught. I hope he goes to jail for a very long time.

It is sick and disturbing I can't imagine how they must feel

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2009, 11:20:23 PM »
Ty Murray Blogs:

Today was a tough day for Chelsie. The Lindy Hop is a lot of throws and flips. I have to flip her under my legs, over my shoulder, up over my head and around me so, as you can imagine, we both crashed a couple times today.

She got a few knots on her head and some of her hair pulled out, but Chelsie's a tough little cookie.

My neck kind of got wrenched today, but it's just a matter of figuring it all out. This is going to be an interesting dance because it's new to Chelsie too. We're trying to learn it by watching it on the Internet.

Obviously everything she knows about dance is going to work in her favor, but she's never done the Lindy Hop so it makes it kind of interesting and that's why we got in some wrecks today. We're both trying to do some pretty advanced things and neither one of us know the tricks of the trade yet.

It probably would have been funny for somebody to have been a fly on the wall and watched me get her up above my head and then slip and fall.

When you crash like that neither one of you are trying to do that, but it just happens. It's a good thing she's a tough kid, but you still feel horrible about it.

I'm hoping the physicality of this dance is going to help me to go out there and attack it, which might help with the nerves. But, at the end of the day, it's still dancing and it's still on a count to the music and it's going really fast.

Maybe it'll slow down for me, but right now the Lindy Hop makes the quickstep seem slow. There's a lot going on in a short amount of time so Chelsie is working her butt off.

Not only does she have to rehearse with me all day, but then, at night, she has to go and rehearse group dances the professionals do during the show, which, I guess, for the pros they pick it up real fast. It's just a matter of telling everybody what the choreography is and then they run it through a couple of times.

I still feel good and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Jewel and I have gotten a good night's sleep the past couple nights, but the next few days are going to be pretty rigorous and that much harder than they've been. As long as I know what's in front of me and I can prepare for it then it'll be no problem.

I'm so excited to have a chance to go to Albuquerque this weekend to see how the bull riding looks at The Pit. I can't wait.

In any case, I think Chelsie and I are going to get a good hold on this one. I feel more positive about this routine than I have about any of them so far, and we're both looking forward to Monday night.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/3/25/Chelsies-a-tough-little-cookie

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2009, 11:30:36 PM »
Video:

Dancing With the Stars Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower

Dancing With the Stars Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower

talk about the upcoming double elimination among other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObUGAW7kOI

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: March 25, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »
more on Shawn Johnson:

Alleged Shawn Johnson Stalker Arrested Near DWTS Set

A man alleged to be a crazed fan of Olympian Shawn Johnson was arrested Tuesday near the set of Dancing with the Stars. Police later found two loaded guns in the man's car.

Robert O'Ryan, 34, allegedly jumped a fence at CBS Studios in L.A. where the show was filming, but was caught by security. Johnson's mother, Teri, requested and received a temporary restraining order from the L.A. Superior Court on Wednesday.

Approached by security while roaming the studio grounds, O'Ryan admitted he was attempting to meet Johnson, but after Johnson was contacted and said she didn't know O'Ryan, he changed his story and said he was there to meet Steve-O, according to court documents. No one in Steve-O's group knew O'Ryan, either.

O'Ryan allegedly told LAPD that he had "packed all his belongings and permanently left Florida to drive out here to be with [Johnson]," Teri Johnson wrote in the request for a restraining order.

Among the disturbing items allegedly found in the man's car: A loaded shotgun, a loaded Colt .45 handgun and Johnson memorabilia.

"This incident has caused us severe emotional distress, we have been on the move ever since and have not been able to rest at all for fear that this disturbed person will attempt to make good on his statements and attempt to harm my daughter and possibly us as well," Teri Johnson added in the papers.

O'Ryan remains in police custody as of Wednesday. He has been ordered to stay 100 yards away from Johnson, 17, not to communicate with her and not to harass her parents or dancing partner Mark Ballas. Bail has been set at $35,000.

Johnson's rep, Susan Madore, tells PEOPLE in a statement released Wednesday: "The matter has been turned over to the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles District Attorney's office. It is currently an ongoing investigation and we are confident that it will be handled appropriately by all involved."

Attempts to reach ABC were unsuccessful.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20267888,00.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »
Posted on Lacey's site:

Thanks for voting for Lacey & Steve-O!

Hi everyone! I know you'd rather be hearing from Lacey but as you can imagine-she is extremely busy! So I'd figured I'd say a few things....

First, I just wanted to thank everyone who has been voting for Lacey & Steve-O this season! Your support has been amazing!

When I first found out that Lacey would be dancing with Steve-O, I had my doubts! Since he has been on the show I've grown to absolutely adore him! He has the most amazing smile and his laughter is contagious! I love his spirit and determination! I think Lacey has made a dancer out of this man already! It's unfortunate that he injured himself. That has really taken a toll on him as well as Lacey.... But even with all the setbacks they both are more determined than ever! Steve-O really wants to dance! 

Last week was very painful to watch! It was scary to see Steve-O taken away by ambulance! (Thank god he's ok now)! And then to have their dress rehearsal judged since he couldn't dance was just very nerve wracking! Of course their routine would have been fantastic if Steve-O would not have gotten injured! He was essentially walking through the routine in the dress rehearsal-saving all his energy for the live performance...Once the video tape was over and it was time to be judged-I felt absolutely horrible for Lacey as she stood there getting berated for something that was totally out of her control! It amazes me that she was able to hold it together after all that!!! She is a very strong young lady... 

Of course the pain continued to result night! I was so angry at the producers for making Lacey & Steve-O wait until the bitter end to find out that they were safe! I've never seen Lacey look so sad and upset before and I hope to never see that again! She didn't deserve that....

I'm so glad that this week was a much better week all around! I thought Lacey & Steve-O did an excellent job dancing the Fox Trot! Yes I know there were a couple of mistakes but believe me Steve-O knew his routine and even danced it perfectly in the dress rehearsal! I think he just got nervous when he came out on stage. Who can blame him when both he and Lacey get criticized for every little thing they do by the judges! But that's a whole other blog!!!

At least last nights result show was not as bad as last weeks but again they had to wait until the bitter end before being given the great news-they were SAFE!!!!!! Lacey was definitely shocked to hear that they'd made it through-that was quite evident by the look on her face. I think she thought they would be in the bottom two and have to be in the dance off-NOT!!!!!

Lacey & Steve-O have the most amazing fans in the world! You guys have rallied together and pulled them through this crisis!  We need to keep Lacey & Steve-O in the competition so that he can continue to grow as a dancer and show us just what he is capable of! With Lacey as his teacher-there will be no limit to what Steve-O can do! We have yet to see his best!

This week Lacey & Steve-O will be dancing the Lindy Hop and I simply can't wait to see what Lacey has in store for us! She has the most amazing choreography I've ever seen and I always look forward to seeing her perform. With the Lindy Hop being such a fun and high energy dance I think Steve-O will be fabulous!!!   

Also this week there will be a DOUBLE elimination so we REALLY need to vote as much and as often as we can!!! Let's show Lacey & Steve-O that we are behind them 100%!!! A few friends and I have been sending out reminders every Sunday night on myspace, facebook and twitter to make sure everyone's ready for Monday night! I would like to ask that you do the same-if you have a myspace, facebook, bebo, twitter or whatever please send out reminders to all of your friends!!! You may use our "vote for Lacey & Steve-O" banner or make your own!! Together we can keep our favorite couple in the competition!!!

DON'T FORGET TO WATCH DANCING WITH THE STARS NEXT MONDAY NIGHT, MARCH 30TH AND THEN VOTE-VOTE-VOTE LIKE CRAZY FOR LACEY & STEVE-O!!!!

http://blog.laceymaeschwimmersworld.com/2009/03/25/thanks-for-voting-for-lacey--steveo.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: March 26, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »
Posted on Julianne's site:

Julianne Hough Gets Tough With DWTS Judges at BLOGCRITICS.ORG

Only 20 years old and already a two-time dancing queen, Julianne Hough is now threatening to rule the country music kingdom. While the competition for a pretty princess in that realm might be much more fierce, at least she has found a Prince Charming to take her along for the ride.

The immediate goal for Hough, who's paired in Season 8 of Dancing With The Stars with country singer and real-life boyfriend Chuck Wicks, is to win her third mirrorball trophy as one of the show's most vibrant and vivacious performers.

If only the current powers that be will give the cute couple a break.

While teaming them up seemed like a natural — Julianne came back for another run this spring after she earlier had decided to take a hiatus to concentrate on her singing career — the duo hasn't exactly wooed DWTS judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Hough admits the harsh criticism has left her a little annoyed, and she expressed her dissatisfaction on her video blog this week (see below), when she defied the posted order to "KEEP OFF THE JUDGES TABLE AND PLATFORM."

But during a March 19 phone interview, when Hough became the latest participant in the Pop (Culture) Quiz, she appeared upbeat about the situation, though she believes the couple that is romantically involved has a couple of strikes against them.

Asked if the judges are tougher on them, Hough didn't hesitate to reply. "I definitely think so," she said with a laugh. "I think there's this hidden thing where everybody thinks he can dance because we're dating. And he never danced a lick. He grew up on a potato farm in Delaware. He's definitely just a normal guy. I think the disadvantage for us is that everybody thinks it's an advantage."

And the fact that she's won twice already (with speedskater Apolo Anton Ohno in spring 2007, her first appearance on the show, then with race car driver Helio Castroneves in fall 2007) doesn't help matters.

"I think there's an expectation for sure of what the judges want to see," Hough said. "I mean, it just makes us more motivated. We're really excited about this next week."

Despite the criticism, Hough likes her chances to become the show's first three-time winner and, with Wicks, the first real-life couple to share the throne. "You know, I think we're in a good place," she said. "We're about fifth out of 13 right now; I think that's great because the show is all about improving and showing progression and hopefully he'll progress each week and one week we can go like, 'Oh my gosh, he's in it to win it.' So I think we're in a good spot right now."

The blonde bombshell with the hot moves also has performed the Quickstep in making the transition to become a singer-songwriter and reside in Nashville, the country music capital. Signed in 2008 to Mercury Nashville (now part of Universal Music Nashville) , her self-titled debut reached No. 1 on the Billboard Country Album chart last May and also peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart.

And when Hough leaves her dancing shoes behind to appear on the 44th Academy of Country Music Awards on April 5 (CBS, 8 p.m. EDT/PDT) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, she'll already be a winner. On March 6, it was announced Hough had won the fan voting for the ACM's top new female vocalist, joining a heady group of past winners including Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Lee Ann Womack and Carrie Underwood. Her fellow nominees were Sarah Buxton and Ashton Shepherd.

That night she'll have a chance to win another award as top new artist, going up against top new male vocalist Jake Owen and the Zac Brown Band, which was named the top new vocal duo or group. Fan voting began March 16 and runs until the beginning of the show's live telecast.

"It's nerve-wracking, but it's fun," said the optimistic and radiant Hough, who performed March 19 in Orlando, Fla., before traveling to Connecticut then to Biloxi, Miss., to appear on a bill with former Trick Pony singer Heidi Newfield ("Johnny & June") on March 21. She's also looking forward to joining current country king George Strait on his summer tour that begins May 9 in Hidalgo, Texas.

On this rare afternoon off, though, Hough was enjoying a chance to spend some rare quiet time with the "love of my life." But don't jump to any conclusions. It wasn't Wicks she was cuddling with, but her 8-month-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Lexi.

Wicks, 29, is also new to the country music business, having released his first album, Starting Now (RCA Nashville), in January 2008. The pair met that month while touring with Brad Paisley and soon became an item on the celebrity circuit.

And while falling in love and becoming a famous power country couple like Tim McGraw and Faith Hill might be on the agenda, there are other worlds to conquer at the moment. And some tough dance practices.

"It's so funny, we were just talking about this the other day," Hough said. "We were like, 'Wow, we really need a date night.' Because even though we're with each other all day, we miss each other. Because (while preparing for the show), we aren't really Chuck and Julianne, boyfriend/girlfriend. It's like total strictly business, professional ... it's all about work. So we're like, 'We miss each other,' even though we're with each other all day."

Besides, Hough joked, "It's kind of hard to do duets when you're on different labels."

1. Country music duo: Johnny and June, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill or Sugarland (although bandmates Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush work together on strictly a professional basis)?
"I would say Johnny and June. For me, I kind of have a special ... Chuck and I both do have a special kind of inkling toward them because we met on tour; we kind of felt like that was kind of our story (laughs). We remember watching Walk the Line with Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix. ... And then Heidi Newfield's song came out. It was all kind of around the same time that we were dating and we were on tour together, so we were like, 'We love that.' "

2. American Idol, America's Got Talent or America's Next Top Model?
"I've never seen America's Got Talent. ... I sometimes watch America's Next Top Model because I'm getting ready in the morning. And American Idol I never really have gotten into it because it's one of those ones you really have to follow it and be invested in it. So I don't know. ... I'd probably say American Idol just because it's music and that's more of what I'm focused on."

3. Facebook, MySpace or Twitter?
"I'm still on MySpace. I haven't really crossed over to Facebook completely. I still use Facebook but I haven't completely crossed over. And I haven't started Twitter yet. I'm about to. My dad (Bruce) actually was the one who introduced Twitter to Chuck and I before it started getting really big. He introduced us to it like last year when a lot of the Presidential candidates were using it. So I haven't started it yet but I think I'm going to."

4. Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium or the Bluebird Cafe?
"Oh my goodness. I think the Ryman. My Opry debut was at the Ryman (on December 16, 2008). And it was really, really cool. I got to sing with Martina McBride and Carrie Underwood. It was a really big show. It was the Opry and it was at the Ryman. So I got to experience both. It was amazing. I've been a huge fan of Martina and looked up to her for a long time. And then I loved Carrie when she was on American Idol (in 2005); I think that was the only season that I really watched. I think I even voted for her. So that was cool. I'm a big fan of Carrie's as well. I think she's great, especially with what she's obviously done."

5. Bruno, Len or Carrie Ann?
"I would say Len. He knows more about the ballroom and the Latin and even though he's more tough, he's more constructive rather than just mean (laughs)."

http://juliannehough.com/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2009, 01:51:34 AM »
An update on Shawn:

Shawn Johnson 'in fear of her life' after 'Dancing with Stars' incident

West Des Moines gymnast and television star Shawn Johnson remains shaken by the arrest of a deranged fan who came to the set of “Dancing With the Stars” with loaded weapons in an attempt to find the Olympic gold medalist.

Details of a restraining order granted today in California outlined the arrest of Robert O’Ryan.

Documents allege O’Ryan, 34, jumped a fence Monday in an attempt to locate Johnson. A search of O’Ryan’s car revealed two loaded guns, duct tape, zip ties and the 17-year-old Johnson is “in fear of her life,” according to court records.

Johnson’s father, Doug, said his daughter was understandably disturbed by the incident.

“Well, yeah,” Doug Johnson told The Des Moines Register. “It would rattle anybody.”

Shawn Johnson spoke with WHO (TV-13) late tonight.

“We’re doing good. It’s been a little crazy,” said Shawn Johnson, who won Olympic gold in the balance beam at Beijing, China. “I’m so glad my parents are with me.”

Ryan was arrested Tuesday by Los Angeles police.

Court records indicated both guns in O’Ryan’s car were loaded. Duct tape and love letters also were in the car and Johnson’s mother, Teri, said police told her O’Ryan believed he was meant to have a child with her daughter.

Documents also alleged O’Ryan “believes that she speaks to him personally through the television set and through ESP."

Doug Johnson said there have been concerns with fans before, “but not to that extent.”

He indicated that the family could not comment on the situation, because they’ve been advised it involves an ongoing investigation. He said the family feels more comfortable, though, since the restraining order was granted.

“She’s doing fine — and everything seems to be under control right now,” Doug Johnson said.

In the brief interview with WHO, Shawn Johnson search for a bit of humor in the fact that she now employs a bodyguard.

“I have a new big brother who goes everywhere with me,” Johnson joked. “He weighs about 400 pounds.”

According to court documents, O’Ryan was stopped by security at CBS Studios, where “Dancing With the Stars” is produced, after he jumped on a fence.

A hearing on whether to grant a lengthy restraining order will be held on April 14. O’Ryan is in jail on $35,000 bail on suspicion of carrying a loaded firearm in public.

Records allege that O’Ryan told security guards and police that he packed up all his belongings and traveled to California from Florida in the hopes of being with Johnson.

A report by security guards at CBS Studios states that O’Ryan was carrying an expired concealed weapons permit.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090325/NEWS/90325050/-1/ENT05

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2009, 02:01:50 AM »
more on Shawn:

Shawn Johnson Under Tight Surveillance

Shawn Johnson is playing some serious defense in the wake of an obsessed and armed fan's arrest outside "Dancing With the Stars."

TMZ has learned the 17-year old has a new personal bodyguard, who's already been spotted shadowing her around town. Sources tell us Shawn's protector is an off-duty police officer.

Robert O'Ryan was arrested after trying to get into Monday night's taping of the show. Police found a loaded handgun and a loaded shotgun in his car. O'Ryan remains in police custody, held on $35,000 bail.

We're told Shawn, her "Dancing" partner Mark Ballas, and the rest of the cast weren't informed about O'Ryan's arrest until after Monday's show.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/26/shawn-johnson-under-tight-surveillance/

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2009, 08:30:47 AM »
This season has gone from injuries to really serious with a stalker. Not to say surgery for Nancy O'Dell isn't serious, but I don't even know what to think anymore. This is beyond a curse.

This is like Nosferatu coming in and taking over.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »
An interesting article:

The Woz’s Dancing Fan Base Grows

Steve Wozniak has somehow wormed his way into America’s heart.

After receiving a drubbing from the judges — he scored a perfect 10…out of a possible 30 — after his samba performance (which featured a break-dance move, “the worm”) on Monday’s Dancing with the Stars, he landed in last place and was expected to face elimination.

Whether it was a judging backlash (the audience audibly booed the judges for their harsh comments, including Bruno Tonioli’s exclamation, “on your knees and beg for forgiveness!”) or pro Woz sites like VoteWoz.com (and its similarly named Twitter account) that is keeping the Apple co-founder in the competition, one thing is certain: The Woz survived and lives to dance another week.

Following Monday’s show, VoteWoz.com had more than 55,000 followers, according to CNN.com. Today, that number is just under 72,000. And the official Vote for Woz on ABC’s ‘Dancing With the Stars!’ Facebook group is mobilizing techies (so far 2,819 members) to keep their man in the competition.

So while Carrie Ann Inaba may have likened Wozniak’s worm move to that of a slug, it doesn’t look like The Woz is leaving the ballroom just yet.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/26/the-wozs-dancing-fan-base-grows%e2%80%a6and-grows/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »
This season has gone from injuries to really serious with a stalker. Not to say surgery for Nancy O'Dell isn't serious, but I don't even know what to think anymore. This is beyond a curse.

This is like Nosferatu coming in and taking over.

More to come, I'm sure....we only just got past week 3! By the time the season ends, it'll probably be the most eventful and scandalous one ever!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »
Update on Shawn:

Shawn Johnson's Alleged Stalker Charged

Shawn Johnson's alleged stalker, Robert O'Ryan, has just been charged with one felony count of stalking and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle.

TMZ broke the story that O'Ryan was arrested Tuesday on the CBS lot -- during a "Dancing with the Stars" rehearsal -- after security confronted him and found out he had two loaded firearms in his car, along with duct tape and love letters to Shawn.

He is currently being held on $35,000 bail. With the charges just filed by the L.A. County District Attorney, prosecutors will ask that bail be upped to $220,000.

O'Ryan allegedly drove from his home in Florida to meet Johnson, with whom he felt a psychic connection.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/26/shawn-johnson-stalker-charged/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
.... more

Man Charged with Stalking 'DWTS'' Shawn Johnson

A Florida man has been charged with stalking and carrying loaded guns after allegedly trying to crash the set of "Dancing with the Stars" Tuesday to meet contestant Shawn Johnson.

Robert O'Ryan, 34, is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in Los Angeles and is charged with one felony count of stalking and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle, said a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office. He is currently being held on $35,000 bail, but prosecutors will ask that this be increased to $220,000, the spokeswoman said.

O'Ryan was arrested after allegedly trying to jump a security fence at CBS Studios in Los Angeles where the hit ABC show is filmed. Police allegedly found a loaded handgun and shotgun in his car, as well as love letters from O'Ryan to Johnson, who is a gold medal winning Olympic gymnast. If convicted, O'Ryan faces up to four years in prison.

O'Ryan allegedly stated that he had permanently left Florida to drive cross country to L.A. because he believes Johnson is "speaking to him personally through the television and via ESP and that he will be with her no matter what."

A temporary restraining order was filed on Johnson's behalf against O'Ryan and stated that he is not allowed to harass her in any way, contact her directly or indirectly, or try to determine her present whereabouts. Johnson's mother and father are also protected from O'Ryan under the order.

Commenting on the incident, a "Dancing with the Stars" spokesperson told ET: "The appropriate authorities are handling the matter."

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/72204/index.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »
more

Shawn Johnson’s Alleged ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Stalker Charged

A 34-year-old Florida man arrested Tuesday outside the “Dancing With the Stars” studio with two loaded guns in his possession was charged today with stalking and carrying loaded firearms, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office announced.

Robert Michael O’Ryan is scheduled to be arraigned today after he allegedly tried to break onto the “Dancing” set to meet Olympic champ Shawn Johnson on Wednesday.

He was charged with one felony count of stalking and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle. He is being held on $35,000 bail, but prosecutors will ask bail be set at $220,000.

O’Ryan was arrested after allegedly trying to jump a security fence at CBS Studios in the Wilshire District where the ABC show is filmed.

He allegedly drove from Florida to meet 17-year-old Johnson, who is currently a contestant on the show.

Access has confirmed that a Los Angles court judge granted a temporary restraining order against O’Ryan, which was requested by Johnson’s mother, Teri, in court on Wednesday.

O’Ryan must also stay away from the gymnasta’s parents, Teri and Doug.

According to the restraining order request filed by Teri Johnson, O’Ryan stated that he “packed all his belongings, permanently left Florida to drive across the country because be believes [Shawn] is speaking to him personally through the television via ESP and that he will be with her no matter what,” the statement read.

Additionally the request noted that O’Ryan had “two loaded guns” – a 45mm handgun, a loaded shotgun “and materials classically used for kidnapping including duct tape, zip ties, a map to the victim,” the court filing read. “Also found were love letters, clippings and other information on the victim.”

On Wednesday evening, a rep for Johnson released a statement to Access.

“The matter has been turned over to the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office,” the statement read. “It is currently an ongoing investigation and we are confident that it will be handled appropriately by all involved.”

If convicted, Ryan faces up to four years in state prison.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/26/shawn-johnson-stalker-charged/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »

If convicted, Ryan faces up to four years in state prison.

Poor girl having to live with this I hope he leaves her alone once he's out

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2009, 01:31:28 PM »
A blog from Woz:

On Mar 26, 2009

"I try very hard to respond to every email I receive, but lately that has taken time away from my learning a dance. I know you are behind me, and I very much appreciate your well-wishes through email, but I request that you save the those emails for after the DWTS show, so I can truly focus on learning the dances. I want to do better and surprise the judges and the world this time around. I want to challenge myself to reach new heights in my dancing. It's really hard."

...When you are on Dancing With The Stars, you have to practice and learn all day long. I have to put off my computer time for the entire day. After practice we have mandatory press interviews, DWTS "master" interviews, then dinner with family or friends, emergencies like phone replacements, etc.

By late evening, maybe 9 or 10 PM most nights, I can get down to my serious batch of computer work. If it's quick, I have time to work on my dance steps. Most nights, like last night, I take home my music and some videos of our practice and I can work for hours to perfect moves. Last night I had my dinner with a true compatriot, Steve O. He has an incredibly fan base that doesn't overlap mine and I consider him a strong ally. And vice-versa.

Yesterday, and the day before, I wound up with hundreds of emails, yes hundreds, from all of you, basically wishing me well...

...yesterday, I wound up done with email around 1 AM. I had to awaken at 5:30 AM for a major entertainment channel interview this morning (I'm a few minutes early)...

...Had I been sent home, I would have had even less time and I wouldn't have been able to read the massive email load for 2 or 3 days, due to the schedule we are contracted to upon being ejected. I might never be able to read them if I get something like 400 emails behind. I'd have to sack them all.

This is a sad reality of life in this busy time. You have to believe and trust me on this one. I will keep you informed, as long as I have bits of time. I will read all the email I receive, if I am able. That I still promise you. But keep in mind...there are only 24 hours in a day.

On the good note, we are started on our Argintine Waltz. This is Karina's favorite dance. Again, she is going for extremely dramatic dance moves that will surprise and stun you all. The music sounded very strange and dark to me the first time. I would tell you the artist but my iTunes totally failed last night and I have to make time today to get it fixed at the local Apple Store (it quits with horrible error messages...odd, since I'd had no crashes of any kind...I hope my MacBook Pro SSD is not losing bits). But I played this music as I slept last night, all 4 hours of it. By the time I awoke, I have to say that this is my favorite piece of music ever. This composer is so unique and original that I can't compare it to any piece, classical or pop, that I have ever heard in my life. Who would have known. It happens to be Karina's favorite dance composer. I'll get you the name when my iTunes gets fixed.

Karina and I are working hard to earn 8's and 9's from the judges. This time we don't want it to be our total score. The dance Karina worked out is so amazing that we actually have a chance of this, and we'll get twice as much time to practice as last week, save any injury. I will tell you that we don't slack off. I even spin Karina above me for a fill 360 ° rotation at one point, and flip her over my arm, a backwards flip, at another. We won't let you down...

Karina and I are determined to bring the appreciation of dance to a new height in America. It's not about us. It's about dance. I want to watch and enjoy dancing almost every waking hour now. It has taken over my life and is an extreme source of pleasure. I can't put it down for the rest of my life, show or no show. I run into countless people on the streets who express their gratitude. One couple yesterday told me that they were taking a ballroom dancing class and they were glad that you didn't have to feel that you are the world's best dancer to get out and do it for joy. These are the people who mean the most to me in the world, the ones who had a fun desire and didn't get scared away from it and actually found that they could do it and like it. I wish I'd taken a picture to share of this young couple.

Votes from fans that appreciate our positive energy have made a huge difference. I still can't say where in the standings we lie, but with enough internet organization we can win the whole thing and speak for a type of person who isn't well respected in this world of beautiful people getting all the attention and respect. When you vote 36 times for us, it means more than anything to me. But if you can convince 20 people to vote 36 times for us, that's what will take us over the top. I will do my best to serve as a role model for those who are often overlooked in society, but I need your support. Your numbers are probably already catching the eyes of the TV world. Let's not become forgotten by getting complacent and giving up watching and voting on Monday nights.

Let's keep this train rolling. Let's blaze new trails. Lets laugh and smile with each other.

Carry on,

Woz

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=49720779842&topic=8043

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »
Update on Shawn:

Shawn Johnson's Alleged Stalker

TMZ has obtained photos of Robert O'Ryan -- the man accused of stalking Shawn Johnson. You will see him in court shortly, and he now looks more like Charles Manson than the clean cut dude you're looking at.

Link to view: http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/26/shawn-johnsons-alleged-stalker/

*** note I will not post the stalker's image only provide a link

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »
more on Shawn:

Johnson's Alleged Stalker Pleads Not Guilty

The man accused of stalking Shawn Johnson has just pled not guilty to all three charges -- one felony count of stalking and two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle. Commissioner Kristi Lousteau ordered Robert O'Ryan to have no contact -- writing or electronic -- with Shawn. He must stay 500 yards away from her and from the CBS lot where "Dancing with the Stars" is taped.

O'Ryan's preliminary hearing is set for April 27 -- bail is set for $220,000.

FYI... O'Ryan's public defender objected to our camera in the courtroom -- to which the Commissioner replied, "What, are you worried about his hair not being combed, or something?"

Play Video provided here: http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/26/shawn-johnsons-alleged-stalker-pleads-not-guilty/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2009, 07:20:03 PM »

Regis & Kelly with DWTS Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U91GsI7JTc

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2009, 07:22:06 PM »
An interesting article on Ty and Jewel:

Dancing's Ty Murray Wants Two Kids for Him and Jewel

When leg injuries forced Jewel to drop out of this season's Dancing With the Stars, she promised she would be back one day.

But from the sound of it, her husband, fellow DWTS competitor Ty Murray, would like to start a family first.

"We'll see what the future holds, but it'll be hard to do [DWTS] if her belly is out to here," Murray says while stretching out his arms and hands to outline a big baby bump.

I caught up with the world champion rodeo cowboy yesterday at a West Hollywood dance studio, where he and pro partner Chelsie Hightower were practicing the Lindy Hop. Read on for more about Ty and Jewel's family plans, his new appreciation for musicals and his heartfelt message to the sports world.

"I think two," Murray says when asked about how many kids he wants. "In a perfect world, it would be great to have a little boy and a little girl, but you don't get to do it like that…We're trying not to focus on it too much. We're just trying to live our life and go about our life. When it should happen, it will happen."

For now, Murray is concentrating on learning his dance steps. It's something he never thought he'd be interested in. "I grew up watching John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and Robert De Niro and that sort of stuff," Murray says. "If ever I was watching TV and a musical broke out, I'd change the channel, but now I am seeing that with a complete different set of eyes."

And he's hoping his appearance on DWTS will open up a lot more eyes to the cowboy world. He not only agreed to compete this time around (producers had already asked two times) because it was something he could do with Jewel, but also, "It's a huge amount of exposure for the cowboy" and the Professional Bull Riders, an international organization that he cofounded and co-owns.

"For me, cowboys never get treated like viable athletes," he says, "and that's a hard thing to take when you dedicate yourself to a sport that is so difficult, is so technical and is so dangerous. The ESPY Awards don't even consider bull riding. I feel [professional cowboys] have every right to be amongst the greatest athletes in the world. So I feel like Dancing With the Stars is a chance to go represent the cowboys in a way that they're not normally represented."

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b106340_dancings_ty_murray_wants_two_kids_him.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2009, 07:25:29 PM »

Chuck Wicks Checks In from Dancing With The Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EweELO5t3s