Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244333 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »

I’m sure there are going to be extraordinary votes from The Bachelor fans supporting Melissa

ABC must be thinking they hit a home run with this one

I’m sure they are starting to salivate   :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
Reality crossover. However, there are fans like me who have no idea who this woman is or what she's like since I avoid "The Bachelor" like the plague. But ABC thinks she's a star so what do I know?  :duno: :duno:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »

I avoid "The Bachelor" like the plague.

:lol:  laughs hehehe

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2009, 07:04:37 PM »

Edyta's Blog:

Sunday, March 08, 2009 

Season 8

Hi Everyone!

Another season is starting tomorrow! I'm very excited. I'm dancing with Lawrence Taylor, NFL legend. I hope we will go all the way to the finals. But to do that I will need your help, so please vote! I'm going to travel between Los Angeles and Miami, where Lawrence lives, so it will be hard, but I will do my best to bring a dancer out of Lawrence. Thank you for all your support and enjoy the show.

Edyta

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=65352412

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2009, 12:05:12 AM »
Video:

Dancing With The Stars Season 8 Promo 2 Fallen Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pRDnjNFoo

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »
An interview with DWTS Host Tom Bergeron:

INTERVIEW: TOM BERGERON INVITES US TO GO "DANCING" ONCE AGAIN

By Jim Halterman

With its latest cast of celebrities from all areas of entertainment and beyond, ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" kicks off season eight tonight with contestants including Go-Go Belinda Carlisle, Olympian Shawn Johnson, rapper Lil' Kim, NFL's Lawrence Taylor and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. Host and Emmy-winner Tom Bergeron, who is as jovial and gregarious as he is on the sahow, recently talked to our Jim Halterman about why the show clicks with audiences, what the dangling carrot is for the celebrity contestants and about the stars who will never take the stage as a dancing contestant.

Jim Halterman: Looking over your career, you've really done a little of everything. Was that part of a master plan?

Tom Bergeron: It's true. I've done everything from talk shows, radio shows, "Good Morning America" for a stretch, "America's Funniest Home Videos." My career has had about as much planning as the current government bailout. [Laughs.]

JH: When "Dancing With The Stars" first came around, did you have any idea that it would be so popular?

TB: In all honesty, at most I thought it would be a summer show. It would be something we would do, if the ratings were half-decent, every summer for six-to-eight weeks. Initially, I had to be talked into it by my wife and agent because I was convinced that a celebrity ballroom competition was just a non-starter. Shows you what I know!

JH: What do you think it is about the show that really clicks with audiences?

TB: I can only say what clicked with me when I watched the British show after kvetching about it and everything. [The producers] said to watch about 10 minutes of the DVD and I liked it. I didn't know the stars that they had on the British version but I knew I liked the energy. I love live television so that appealed to me immediately; and then the fact that it was a reality show that didn't involve any backbiting or bug eating or anything like that. It had a real throwback energy to the day of the variety shows that I grew up watching. Everything from "The Hollywood Palace" to any number of variety shows that don't exist on TV anymore. It had a lot of nostalgic appeal and the live TV element and also it had a sense of humor about it. Even the British one; there's a real sense of awareness about the kitsch level that's going on that you can see duplicated in our show but still with great respect and admiration for the efforts of the couples.

JH: One of the things that I love about the show is the unpredictability factor. For example, you have Marie Osmond fainting one season and just about anything that Cloris Leachman did last year. How much of that do you think is the appeal of the show?

TB: I have a book coming out in April ("I'm Hosting As Fast As I Can: Zen And The Art of Staying Sane In Hollywood," out April 7th) and the first line in the introduction says, "Open on Marie Osmond, unconscious at my feet." [Laughs.] So, for me walking out there and not knowing what's going to happen and knowing that we have no second take, that it's live, is a wonderfully focusing energy for me and one of the key reasons that I love the show so much, aside from the people.

JH: One of the elements of the show is the relaunching of a lot of careers that may have been quiet for a while...

TB: ...mine included! [Laughs.]

JH: ...do you think some of those contestants forget that it's a lot of hard work on the show and are just thinking about the attention that they hope the show will bring?

TB: I think the attention is always the carrot on the stick but there's always a stick with it. Initially, it's not an uncommon refrain to hear 'I didn't know it was going to be this hard.' But I think you're right. It relaunches careers or sets careers going in different trajectories that they might have gone but it is tough. I danced only one dance in the second season to see what it was like and it was exhausting. It really was. I didn't do a particularly good job but it was enlightening for me insofar as understanding more than just on an intellectual level.

JH: Do you have a hand in choosing the contestants?

TB: Mercifully, no. But it's not unlike what they used to do when I hosted "Hollywood Squares" where we had those nine boxes to fill and we wanted to get as many different fan bases from music, TV shows, authors, politicians, business people. I don't think we ever went with a Steve Wozniak-type but I think that's a really interesting avenue to go down on this show. Plus, I can get free tech-support! I don't have to go to the Genius Bar anymore. I can just go to his dressing room and say, "Hey, Steve!"

JH: Are there any past contestants who surprised you by how far they went in the competition?

TB: Oh, sure. Definitely. Emmitt Smith went on to win and who knew? And, just in terms of a category of stars, the NFL has turned into a ballroom breeding ground. I never would have guessed that some of our most memorable dancers would come from the National Football League. And then we had Jerry Springer. I remember when I first heard he was cast I went "Oh really? Jerry Springer?" and I fell in love with him like everyone else. He was just wonderful as you got to know that the real, essential Jerry is a such a mensch on the show. And on the other spectrum was Master P. He was a riot but who knew he would last four weeks?

JH: This season has the first married couple among the stars?

TB: Yes with Jewel and her husband, Ty Murray. In terms of romances, we have Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks, her boyfriend. That could be interesting because unlike Jewel and her husband, who are dancing against each other and that presents its own problems. Julianne and Chuck are dancing with each other. It's almost like there's no neutral corner to go to at the end of the day. I was getting some messages on my Facebook page and they were saying 'It's not fair!' and I said, 'Well, you might be right but not from the perspective you're thinking of.' It might be that they're at a severe disadvantage, particularly Julianne and Chuck. This is a reasonably young romance and it could be a death knell. [Laughs.] Look at last season, how many unexpected physical injuries took place. This could be the season of unexpected emotional injuries. [EDITOR'S NOTE: Following the interview, it was announced that Jewel would be withdrawing from the competition due to a fractured tibia in both legs along with Nancy O'Dell, who suffered a torn meniscus during rehearsals. Replacements will be announced during tonight's season premiere.]

JH: That will be fun to watch. [Laughs.]

TB: Spoken with the sadism of a regular viewer!

JH: There were rumors that Donny Osmond was going to be a contestant but then he wasn't? What happened there?

TB: As far as I know, it was just a rumor. I don't know the extent to which there had been or hadn't been conversations. It certainly sounds like he jumped the gun; I guess he was on Bonnie Hunt's show or something. It wouldn't surprise to see him there in an upcoming season.

JH: You've already said you wouldn't want to be a contestant. How about taking one of the judge's chairs?

TB: Although some might say otherwise, the judges know what they're talking about. Len [Goodman] comes from the world of competitive ballroom and both Bruno [Tonioli] and Carrie Ann [Inaba] are dancers and choreographers and have the eye for that. I...that would just be additional cruel and unusual punishment for the dancers and the stars although I probably would be a pushover.

JH: The show is so successful and done so much for the celebrity contestants. Is there anybody that the show has not been able to get to appear?

TB: I'm sure there are a lot of people that they would like to get but, for whatever reason, be it due to scheduling or someone just isn't interested. I know we've pursued William Shatner a couple of times and I've always been hopeful. Henry Winkler, who is a good buddy of mine, said 'no way.' He'll never do it. And for all the reasons you'd think. It's exhausting. It's a real challenge. Some people are comfortable enough that they don't need to put themselves through that. It's either a challenge for you that's enticing or it isn't, like everything else. Some people like to mountain climb and I can think of nothing I'd least rather due but for them it's fascinating to be in the mountains. I think there are a number of notable people that we'd love to get on the show but they'd just prefer to be viewers. William Shatner has told me that he and his wife Elizabeth both love it and watch it avidly. As for being on it, nope.

"Dancing With The Stars" premieres its new crop of celebrity dancers tonight with a two-hour episode on ABC at 8:00/7:00c.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20090309_dancing

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2009, 11:41:15 AM »
Jason comments on Melissa being on DWTS:

Bachelor's Jason Predicts Melissa "Will Win" DWTS

Despite only having a few days to rehearse, The Bachelor's Melissa Rycroft should have no problem on the dance floor on ABC's Dancing With the Stars, says her ex-fiance Jason Mesnick.

"I am so excited for Melissa," he tells Extra.

Of Rycroft (who will fill in for an injured Nancy O'Dell), he adds, "I know she has danced her whole life, and she must be excited for the opportunity. I hope and think she will win it all."

The rest of the article here:  http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelor-jason-mesnick-predicts-melissa-will-win-dwts-200993

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
DWTS Kicks Off with New Stars and New Twists

Dramatic. Exciting. Emotional. That’s what the eighth season of Dancing with the Stars has been — and it hasn’t even started yet!

It could be Dancing’s most unpredictable season yet. Already, two competitors, singer Jewel and Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell, had to drop out due to injuries sustained while rehearsing.

In a show-must-go-on spirit, Dancing will kick off its new season Monday night on ABC (8 p.m. ET) with two new dancers — The Bachelor’s Melissa Rycroft and Girl Next Door Holly Madison — who will perform on the live telecast having had only days to rehearse, PEOPLE has learned.

While the show has dealt with many ups and downs, “There’s not a Dancing curse!” two-time DWTS champ Cheryl Burke insists to PEOPLE. “It’s not a curse, it’s people who have never danced before and you don’t realize but dancing is a sport. If your body is not used to it then you’re easily injured.”

Thirteen couples will perform live on the two-hour Monday night premiere. Then in one week all 13 couples will return to the ballroom, this time to perform a second dance. Audience votes and judges’ scores from both performances will be combined.

In the spirit of keeping the audience on its toes, a new Tuesday results night twist has been put into place for the early weeks of competition starting on March 17. After the judges’ scores and the audience votes have been tallied, the bottom two couples facing elimination will do a “dance off.” The judges will score this final dance to determine who will stay for another week and who must exit the competition.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/09/dwts-kicks-off-with-new-stars-and-new-twists/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »
'Dancing with the Stars'' Shawn Johnson's Last Rehearsal

It's just hours until the new season of "Dancing with the Stars" premieres and ET is backstage with Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas for their last-minute rehearsal.

"I am very sore, very sore all the time, but knock on wood, no injuries," Shawn tells ET.

Mark and his Olympic gold medalist partner will be dancing the Viennese waltz tonight and they plan to wow the judges with this first dance.

"Tonight is all about elegance and grace," Mark says. "She's going to look gorgeous."

"Just like any competition, I am going to relax and think about practices. That should calm me down," Shawn shares.

"Dancing with the Stars" launches tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/71556/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2009, 01:35:35 PM »
Julianne's latest myspace blog:

sitting in the hair and makeup trailor

hey guys,
im just sitting in the hair chair getting it done for tonight..
we just got finished rehearsing walking down the stairs.. it's so funny everyone always gets so nervous about tripping down the stairs at the opening of the show (cameron mathison) ha ha so the producers every year have us go rehearse.. lol

a little secret.... we have new stairs (they are much bigger and go from the middle instead of the sides... you'll have to watch to see what i'm talking about) and the band is finally raised up so they can be highlighted more... they are so amazing!!!

We also found out our number too, it's 1800-VOTE4-06 we go on 6th so make sure you don't walk away from your tv or you'll miss it!!
so please vote :) ha ha

it has been fun for me today because while everyone met each other about 3 weeks ago at the title shoots, i was so sick and didn't go until the next week... so i got to meet everyone today..

i LOVE lawrence taylor such a class act gentleman, Lil' Kim is such a sweetheart and totally adorable, i love Gilles he is so much fun to be around, a ball of energy!

well i should prob stop moving so i don't get burned by the curling iron...lol
i will catch up with you guys later....
JH

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=191068936&blogID=475592073

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
i agree will i hope jason and molly have a holy cow!!!! i think mellissa will do realy well she is a cheerleader right? so she is allready in good shape for danceing, i have a friend who was on the wake forest dance/cheer team and it is totaly a cross over sport now..
allso to comment on the whole cross over thing the reality shows r like real world road rules chanlages things, one dancer dateing a ai kick off , a jilted batchlorett getting cast, realy ??? why not make one big show 24/7 they can dance they can sing , they can act stupid in front of millions of ppl , they can even get u r kid to jump off the roof,, vote vote no watch watch, oh they don't think we r on to them.. :wohoo: :wohoo:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
Maks Blogs:

Maks’ Exclusive Blog: ‘DWTS’ Wild Thing

Well, guys this season is already off to a crazy start. I don’t really know what is going on with the injuries–me and Denise [Richards] have been really focused and practicing hard, and not worrying about everyone else. There’ve been lots of rumors about the cast but I say just watch tonight and you’ll see.

It’s really unfortunate that that happened to Jewel and Nancy. My feeling is that some of the celebrities are pushing themselves way too far and the dancers are not controlling their celebrities enough. It’s their show. But the combination of the two leads to injuries and everything else.

I also feel like the celebrities go by the mark that has been set by previous seasons. And I don’t think that’s right either because you shouldn’t be thinking, “Hey Brooke did so well, I need to be like that because Brooke and Mel B. and Laila, they gradually became better. So if you compare yourself to where they were in week 10 of the show, you are in trouble. Nobody is going to be that on the first day.

Everybody wants to know who the frontrunners are this season, but really, I don’t know. The nature of show is such that you just can never tell. I haven’t really seen any of the other couples dance yet…not even Karina [Editors note: In case you haven’t heard, Maks and fellow dancer Karina Smirnoff got engaged on New Year’s Eve].

I haven’t seen Karina and her partner Steve [Wozniak, Apple computers icon] dance. She has been rehearsing 10 hours a day for two weeks, and so have me and Denise, so we’ve been crazy busy.

Karina was at first a bit concerned about being partnered with “The Woz,” worried about his ability and all that, but they became friends, and everything she says about him sounds like he’s an amazing guy and he’s a legendary persona, so she is happy now.

People have asked me who is my perfect partner–and I would never give a name–but it’s someone between Mel B. and Misty, and I think that’s exactly who I got this year.

I’m paired with Denise Richards, and I have to say, she has been amazing. She has the flexibility of Brooke Burke and the personality of Mel B. We’ve been training like crazy and she’s very dedicated, which is the most important thing to me to have in a partner. Somebody who wants to be here.

Our first dance tonight is the cha cha and I’m really excited about our second dance, the quick step. I think we are going to be great with that.

OK, I’ll be writing about what happens backstage for the big premiere, so check back here…

Maks

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news/maks-exclusive-blog-dwts-wild-thing/

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »
I don't get this Melissa Love Fest.  She was all wrong for Jason from the beginning.  I can't picture that she would have ever moved or survived in the wet and raining weather of Seattle.  For ABC to call her a "star" is a joke.  Well obviously she will have to earn a vote from me. :monroe:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »
oh i just rembered trista was on dwts a few seasons bk. she did not do great jmo and was all like i can't do this or that my husband this and my husband that.. she got on my nerves to say the least.. i am sure mellisa won't and i think she should do go at this..we will ccccc..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »
oh i just rembered trista was on dwts a few seasons bk. she did not do great jmo and was all like i can't do this or that my husband this and my husband that.. she got on my nerves to say the least.. i am sure mellisa won't and i think she should do go at this..we will ccccc..

Oh thats right I forgot about Trista complaining how weird it's just dancing  :res:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »

Newest Dancing With the Star

Melissa Rycroft

PROFESSION:
Bachelor star

PARTNER:
Tony Dovolani

BACKGROUND:
Melissa "waltzed" her way into America's hearts after being betrayed by bachelor Jason Mesnick on the most shocking and talked about season finale ever of ABC's The Bachelor. With an outpouring of support and affection from viewers across America, a dignified Melissa has personified the courage to move on. Her journey continues as a participant on season eight of Dancing with the Stars, valiantly stepping in with less than a week to train when two celebrities were forced to withdraw due to injuries. She teams with Tony Dovolani, who returns for his seventh season.

NOTE: Melissa Rycroft stepped in for TV host and anchor Nancy O'Dell, who was diagnosed with a torn meniscus while training and had to withdraw from the competition.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »

Holly Madison

PROFESSION:
Reality star

PARTNER:
Dmitry Chaplin

BACKGROUND:
Holly's work on the hit reality show The Girls Next Door catapulted her into the mainstream and into the homes of millions of viewers. Her sense of humor, hard work and "hometown" common sense won the hearts and minds of America and made Holly one of the most popular women in the world today. Holly worked as a photo editor for Playboy Magazine for several years; directing, producing and editing the Playmate pictorials for the magazine each month. She has co-written a book The Girls Next Door with her fellow girlfriends Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson and has made numerous television and movie appearances, such as House Bunny, Scary Movie 4, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, General Hospital, The Apprentice and many others. She teams with 2006 U.S. National finalist Dmitry Chaplin, who makes his Dancing with the Stars debut.

NOTE: Holly Madison stepped in for singer-songwriter Jewel, who was diagnosed with a fractured tibia in both legs while training and had to withdraw from the competition.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »

DWTS Voting Numbers

PHONE/SMS NUMBERS:

COUPLE NAME PHONE NUMBER TEXT-IN CODE

Lil' Kim & Derek Hough 800-86834-01
800-VOTE4-01 3401

Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts 800-86834-02
800-VOTE4-02 3402

Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska 800-86834-03
800-VOTE4-03 3403

Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer 800-86834-04
800-VOTE4-04 3404

Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke 800-86834-05
800-VOTE4-05 3405

Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough 800-86834-06
800-VOTE4-06 3406

Holly Madison & Dmitry Chaplin 800-86834-07
800-VOTE4-07 3407

Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower 800-86834-08
800-VOTE4-08 3408

Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas 800-86834-09
800-VOTE4-09 3409

Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff 800-86834-10
800-VOTE4-10 3410

David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson 800-86834-11
800-VOTE4-11 3411

Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy 800-86834-12
800-VOTE4-12 3412

Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani 800-86834-13
800-VOTE4-13 3413

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »

DWTS Newest Couples:

Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani

Holly Madison and Dmitry Chaplin

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »

Whoa judges are soooo mean this season it's unnecessary and not positive criticism/critiquing

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »

Oh thats right I forgot about Trista complaining how weird it's just dancing  :res:
She was so stiff and refused to loosen up. Not only that, Trista was just a bitter little hedgehog about everything.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

ABC ANNOUNCED TWO NEW CELEBRITY CONTESTANTS LIVE ON "DANCING WITH THE STARS," MONDAY, MARCH 9

ABC Press Release

"The Bachelor's" Melissa Rycroft and TV Star Holly Madison Join the Cast with Less Than a Week to Train, Replacing the Injured Jewel and Nancy O'Dell

In the most highly anticipated season premiere of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," MONDAY, MARCH 9 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET), two new participants were unveiled, gallantly replacing "fallen stars" Nancy O'Dell (host of "Access Hollywood") and multi-platinum singer/songwriter Jewel. Holly Madison ("The Girls Next Door") and Melissa Rycroft ("The Bachelor") stepped onto the dance floor in heroic fashion with just days to prepare for their nationally televised ballroom dancing debut. Both women displayed true character and strength, overcoming nerves, anxiety and the pressure to perform in front of a live audience.

Just one week after the most shocking and talked about season finale of ABC's "The Bachelor," Melissa, the woman who "waltzed" her way into America's hearts after being betrayed by Bachelor Jason Mesnick, danced her way onto the ballroom floor tonight, mustering up the courage to move on. Melissa is paired with professional dancer Tony Dovolani, who was previously with Nancy O'Dell.

With Jewel's former partner, Dmitry Chaplin, by her side, Holly wore her heart on her sleeve and laid it all out on the floor. The studio audience gave her a warm welcome and showed their appreciation for the courage she personified by answering the call to action at a moment's notice.

Nancy and Jewel appeared during the live show to address their injuries and bid farewell. The two women were diagnosed with a torn meniscus and fractured tibia in both legs, respectively.

Holly and Melissa join the following cast members and their partners to compete for the coveted mirror ball trophy:

Belinda Carlisle (lead singer of the Go-Go's) and partner Jonathan Roberts
David Alan Grier (comedian and actor) and partner Kym Johnson
Shawn Johnson (Olympic gymnastics medalist) and partner Mark Ballas
Lil' Kim (Grammy Award winning rapper) and partner, reigning champion Derek Hough
Gilles Marini (model and actor) and partner Cheryl Burke
Ty Murray ("King of Cowboys") and partner, newcomer Chelsie Hightower
Steve-O (star of "Jackass" and "Wildboyz") and partner Lacey Schwimmer
Denise Richards (actress) and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Lawrence Taylor (National Football League Hall of Famer, a.k.a. "LT") and partner Edyta Sliwinska
Chuck Wicks (country music star) and partner Julianne Hough
Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple, a.k.a. "The Woz) and partner Karina Smirnoff

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2009, 09:10:51 PM »

She was so stiff and refused to loosen up. Not only that, Trista was just a bitter little hedgehog about everything.

:lol:  So true

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2009, 07:38:27 AM »
I do not expect to be doing any full recaps this season. However, I will provide an overview of last night's competition (first half of first round):

I believe that ABC made a mistake by selecting Melissa Raycroft to replace Nancy O'Donnell. She about as close to a dance professional as you will ever see on the celebrity side, with a prior dance and ballet background. With 48 hours to practice, she scored second highest with a 23. Imagine how long it will take ther to get to 30s?

Gilles Marini was best with a 24 last night. His pro Cheryl Burke is emphasizing sex appeal. That works to some extent because he has style and panache.

Shawn Johnson showed why she is an Olympic champion. Despite her obvioius lack of comfort, she did an excellent routine and tied for second with a 23.

On the flip side, who is headed for the exits. I had read good things about Steve Wozniak who I would love to see win DWTS8. It isn't remotely going to happen. Steve has little coordination to compensate for his bulky frame. He had a 13 and is in real trouble.

Ty Murray looks good on a bull but not on the dance floor. He was awkward and disjointed. He is going down quite soon. He got a 14.

The scores for last night will be combined with those for next Monday and the 2 lowest score celebrities will be in a dance-off to determine who nis eliminated and who is not.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »
Tonight's premiere show was awesome...here's the breakdown of the scoring....

TEAMS                  DANCE       CARRIE     LEN   BRUNO        TOTAL
                                             ANN 

Lil' Kim/Derek         Cha Cha           7         7       7             21

Belinda/Jonathan       Waltz            6        6       5              17

Lawrence/Edyta     Cha Cha           6         5       5              16

Steve-O/Lacey         Waltz            6         5       6              17

Gilles/Cheryl           Cha Cha           8         8       8              24

Chuck/Julianne          Waltz            6         7        7             20

Holly/Dmitry            Cha Cha          6          6       6             18

Ty/Chelsie              Cha Cha          5          4       5             14

Shawn/Mark              Waltz           8          8       7             23

Steve/Karina           Cha Cha          5         4        4             13