Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244325 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
from etonline.com

Shawn Johnson is not just the youngest contestant to ever put on her dancing shoes for "Dancing with the Stars," she is also the shortest. She tells ET's Thea Andrews all about the complications that is causing!

At 4 feet, 10 inches, Shawn Johnson, who turned 17 in January, was sure that her height would keep her from competing on the hit ABC series, so she says she was honored and surprised when they came to her with an offer.

She has been paired with Mark Ballas, who won the competition with Kristi Yamaguchi -- also an Olympic gold medalist, but says that he had to ask her to wear three-inch heels in order for them to partner up.

"I am used to being barefoot [to perform gymnastics], so it is awkward," she admits.

Shawn, who won her gold medal in Beijing last summer, says that the advantage to her being a gymnast is that she is used to long hours of practice, but she says that is where the advantages stop. Especially since her first dance is the Viennese Waltz.

"Our first dance is so smooth and elegant, and I'm used to really sharp powerful moves so it's a little hard," she tells Thea. "Ballroom dancing and gymnastics are completely different sports."

Look for Shawn and Mark to make their debut when "Dancing with the Stars" premieres on Monday, March 9 at 8 p.m. on ABC, but don't expect to see quite as much of her as the other competitors.

"They've actually said that since I'm younger I have to be a little more covered up than usual, just to make sure it's age appropriate, which I don't have a problem with, I'm used to being in a leotard, that's pretty revealing," she says.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »
An interesting article:

Julianne Hough Excited for 'Crazy' Dancing With Chuck Wicks

There's a new twist to ABC's 'Dancing with the Stars' this season. One of the couples really is a couple -- Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks. In fact, fans of Hough should send Wicks a thank-you note, because it was after he came onboard as a contestant that she decided to do this season of the popular television show.

"I had already announced that I wasn't going to do this season, and then they asked Chuck to do the show," the two-time 'Dancing' winner explains. "A couple weeks later they called and asked me if I would be willing to dance with him."

Hough admits that at first she was hesitant to partner with her real-life partner, because she wasn't sure how it would work out. But then she realized all of the advantages to working with someone she knows so well.

"I can still write. I can still tour. I can still work on my next record if I dance with him, and I haven't been able to do that with my other partners," says the 20-year-old singer/dancer. "So I thought, 'Why don't we do this and I can take off next fall when my album comes out.' That way, I can promote it which is something I did not have a chance to do with my last record."

To the people who say she and Wicks may have an unfair advantage, Hough has three words: "Are you kidding?" She explains, "We don't have time to get in any extra practice -- we struggle to get in the normal amount of practice."

While she knows that some people will love the idea of boyfriend-girlfriend dance partners and others will hate it, Hough adds, "Chuck and I are gonna have a blast, and that is what the show is all about. Plus it gives us time to spend together. The season is going to fun and crazy and interesting and what everyone sees is what Chuck and I are finding out too."

Wicks and Hough are not the only couple dancing this season. Singer Jewel and husband and rodeo star Ty Murray will also compete; they just won't dance with each other. Jewel will dance with Dmitry Chaplin and Murray will partner with Chelsie Hightower. 'Dancing With the Stars' debuts its eighth season on March 9.

Link: http://www.theboot.com/2009/02/16/julianne-hough-excited-for-crazy-dancing-with-chuck-wicks

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »

Ty Murray's Blog:

Dancing king

There are more than 18 million people who watch "Dancing with the Stars," and in the past they've taken athletes from different sports — Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Helio Castroneves, Apolo Anton Ohno — and this season, Lawrence Taylor and Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson are going to be there with me, so it's nice that they look at our sport the same as they would football, racing, gymnastics, skating or any other sport.

To me, the amount of recognition that it's going to bring cowboys and the sport of professional bull riding is going to be tremendous. I think the crew is going to be coming with me to Oklahoma City this weekend.

When you have that many people watching a TV show, they might ask, "Who is this guy? What does he do?" And then they might see a clip from Oklahoma City and say, "Wow, I have to check that out."

First of all, I think it's something that will be a fun challenge that Jewel and I can do together as husband and wife. Not a lot of people get this opportunity, let alone have the chance to go through it with their spouse.

And then on top of that, like I said, the amount of exposure for the cowboy and the PBR is tremendous.

I've talked with some of the other athletes and people that have done it, and I haven't heard anything but great things about the crew and the whole experience, but they claim it is very hard and very challenging, with very rigorous training.

I think that just by the nature of how competitive Jewel and I are that we'll probably have to bear down and take a go at it.

Being that it's a contest that America votes on, it'll also be interesting to see what the cowboy or bull riding fan power is like.

I couldn't be further out of my element. In fact, you couldn't dream up something that would put me further out of my element. But at the same time, it looks to me like it could be about being coached, and about being able to use the same things I did in riding — working at it and training.

I say that cold, because I've never watched the show. I've heard about it, because, I mean, you would have to live in a cave not to have heard about it.

It really does look like it could be the same thing — just in a different environment — and at the end of the day, it's about learning the correct timing, balance and posture from a coach.

Like I said, I heard that it's rigorous and challenging, but not many people get an opportunity like this, especially with their spouse, and, for me, it all begins today.

I have a crew coming to my house this afternoon to scout the ranch, and then I'm going to meet my partner, here at the ranch, tomorrow.

We'll start practicing right away, and then I fly to Los Angeles so we can film some things for the show. Then my partner is going to fly with me to Oklahoma City. I'll practice in the morning and then work the telecast at night.

After Oklahoma City, I'll fly back to the ranch. Both our partners will live in Stephenville, so we'll be able to practice whenever and as much as we need to. They'll have two studios, and Jewel and I will practice separately.

We both hope that if one of us gets voted off, we both get voted off, and if one of us stays, both of us are able to stay.

It's a long, rigorous deal.

If I get canned the first week, she'll be out there for however long she stays on the show; out there in L.A., while I'll be back home running the ranch (or vice versa).

Who knows what to expect. We're just going to go at it like we do everything else.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/rodeo/general/news/story?id=3899762

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:11 PM »
An interesting article:

Nancy O’Dell’s First ‘Dancing’ Dance: The Waltz

She’s still a few weeks away from making her “Dancing With the Stars” debut, but Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell has already got her first dance lined up.

Nancy and professional partner Tony Dovolani will take on the waltz for their first dance together – and Nancy is gearing up for the challenge.

“I think the waltz is the toughest one to start with because it is supposed to be very formal and proper and, therefore, feels rigid,” Nancy said. “Plus, there is so much to think about when you are doing it!”

And if enduring the grueling practice sessions each day, besides hosting Access, wasn’t enough – she’s trying to learn a dance she’s never tried before.

“I have never waltzed before because I have never danced before – period!” Nancy added.

Catch Nancy’s dancing debut when the new season of “Dancing With the Stars” bows on March 9 on ABC.

Link: http://www.accesshollywood.com/nancy-odells-first-dancing-dance-the-waltz_article_14484

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »
ABC released the official promo pictures of the dancing teams for the upcoming season.....

credit with thanks to etonline.com

Denise & Maksim

Chuck & Julianne

Shawn & Mark

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
continued....

Steve-O & Lacey

Steve & Karina

David & Kym

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »
continued...

Belinda & Jonathan

Lawrence & Edyta

Lil' Kim & Derek

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »
continued...

Nancy & Tony

Jewel & Dmitry

Ty & Chelsie

Gilles & Cheryl

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:25:00 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »
awsome pic's will ty
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »
I can't find Nancy and Tony's picture and will post once I find it. That's odd if I got all the others.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »
I'll tell you why. ET will not cover Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell. And it won't talk to her after each show is done. That's why I'm kind of rooting for Nancy to make it to the finals to see if ET will finally mention her.
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
I'll tell you why. ET will not cover Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell. And it won't talk to her after each show is done. That's why I'm kind of rooting for Nancy to make it to the finals to see if ET will finally mention her.

I never thought about that but it does make sense. I'll find it elsewhere. Thanks, TARAsia!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
ooohhh good one tar.. i dvr access just in case i want to watch star news. most days it doen't get watched, but i did watch it the other day and nancy got in this bubble thing it was cute i love her and billy bush.. i was getting tired of et and the show after it showing what was comming next like way more than the actual story. it was getting on my dvring nerves..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2009, 01:20:28 AM »
found the pix of nancy and tony and added it to the others in earlier posts

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2009, 02:21:30 AM »
Love em
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
from etonline.com

Cheryl Burke and Gilles Marini Heat Up 'DWTS' Rehearsals

You saw him sizzle in last Summer's big-screen hit 'Sex and the City' playing the hunky next-door neighbor of Kim Cattrall's character Samantha, and now handsome actor Gilles Marini is rehearsing for his dance floor debut on 'Dancing With The Stars.' ET is with Gilles and his pro partner Cheryl Burke as they prep for the big show!

The French-born actor has worked as a model and has appeared in such TV shows as "Ugly Betty," "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Criminal Minds."

Click to watch two-time "Dancing" champ Cheryl tell ET what the duo has in store for the hot new season of 'Dancing With The Stars,' which kicks off March 9 on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/02/70918/index.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:31:34 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
from etonline.com

New Video: 'Dancing' with Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Denise Richards and "Dancing" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy are teaming up on the new season of "DWTS," but how's their chemistry so far? ET takes you inside the duo's rehearsal!

Click the video for Denise's take on how her daughters feel about her being on the show. Plus, Maksim tells us the latest on his wedding plans with fellow pro Karina Smirnoff -- who, along with celeb teammate Steve Wozniak, will be competing against Maksim and Denise!

Catch the season premiere of "DWTS" on Monday, March 9, at 8 p.m. Eastern on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/02/70981/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2009, 12:44:20 AM »
from people.com

Cheryl Burke's New Man: Model Maxwell Zagorski

Dancing with the Stars two-time champ Cheryl Burke has a new spring in her step – thanks to a new man in her life.

Burke is enjoying a budding romance with Abercrombie & Fitch model Maxwell Zagorski, her rep confirms to PEOPLE. The couple, who recently stepped out together in Hollywood, have been dating for several months.

Burke, 24 and Zagorski, 21, "were introduced by Lance Bass, a few months ago when she was on tour," a friend close to the couple tells PEOPLE. "She seems to be pretty happy."

Burke will compete on the upcoming season of DWTS with model/actor Gilles Marini as her partner.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20260542,00.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:18:57 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
Julianne posted a blog on her myspace:

I'm a HORRIBLE blogger!!!!!

Hey guys,
yes it's really me! i know it's even hard for me to believe! lol how sad is this, i forgot how to post a blog because it's been so long i actually had to have Chuck show me how to do it! ha ha

where should i begin... ok, i think everyone knows i'm back on dwts this season. it was a last minute deal. i was set on taking this season off and then last minute the show asked me to do it because they had asked Chuck to do it and they thought it would be cool if we danced together... at first i still said no because i wanted to focus on my music BUT then i thought about it for a day and figured this out. i can still write, go on tour and work on Julianne Hough the country singer because chuck will be my partner and that will be a huge luxury. Also, if i would have taken this season off i would have had to go back on the fall season when i will be trying to promote a new single off of my new record so it would have been harder to do that if i was on the show.. i don't know if i'm making sense, but i wanted to clear that up with everyone, i know there had been some confusion, and the LAST thing i want to do is confuse my fans. you guys have been supportive of me from the beginning..... i can't thank you enough!!!

ok, so now i can go on to talk about rehearsal.. ha ha it has been so much fun and really hillarious to see chuck try to dance ha ha.. even thinking about it is funny! he is actually doing very well though.. i was really surprised! Today it was a great day, we TOTALLY fell on our butts.. lol that will definitely make it in our package the first week.... ha ha
it has been a little challenging trying to find studios that have mirrors and wood floors on the road.. i think we actually rehearsed at a theatre on a college campus....
SIDE NOTE : Jerry, chuck's tour manager, and chuck are totally dancing on the bus right now! Jerry was being the girl.. ha ha ha really funny thought i would tell you guys.

ok what else,.... lexi bexi is laying on my lap right now and snoring so loud it's awesome!!! i have never loved something so much as i love my little girl... i kiss her more than she kisses me... lol

All week i've been on the road with Chuck practicing and then going to his shows.. not gonna lie, i've been a getting a little antzy cause i haven't had a show PLUS i'm on a bus with even more guys than are on my bus, so i'm going a little coo coo!! my highlight of today was going to walgreens and getting a BUNCH of makeup and girly stuff like that just to feel like a girl again...

ok chuck is getting a little offended now cause he's reading this over my shoulder ha ha
i'm going to get ready to go watch him ROCK his show tonight... i'll be flying to Des Moines tomorrow for a show with Toby Keith so i'll try to write another blog tomorrow :)

thanks for all your support you guys are the best EVER!!!!!

OH yeah, i feel weird asking for this BUT.. I was fortunate enough to make the ballot for Top New Female Vocalist for the ACM's this year and the best part is, it's fan voted so if you guys want to see me up there in vegas on april 5th, go to GACTV.com and vote :) thanks a bunch, you guys are the best!!

JH

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=191068936&blogID=472264042

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »
From people.com

Lacey Schwimmer Dishes on Dancing with Jackass Star Steve-O

In 2008, dancer Lacey Schwimmer went from So You Think You Can Dance veteran to Dancing With the Stars newbie with a few fleet turns of the foot. And in a stellar showing, she took Lance Bass all the way to the finals before going on a nationwide tour with the show. Back for season 8, Lacey is partnered with comedian Steve-O and spoke with PEOPLE about why she was wrong about the Jackass star, whether they have any stunts planned and why she thinks they’ll do well in the competition.

So let us have it — how’s Steve-O?
Steve-O is a workhorse. He is here everyday, five hours. He says, “Is five hours enough, Lacey? Do you think I need more than that?” So he’s just such a hard worker and we’re in very intense rehearsals everyday.

Were you worried that because of his history he wouldn’t be the most disciplined partner?
Absolutely, and that’s what I thought going into it, too. I was like, “Oh, man. He’s not going to want to practice and this, that and the other.” But I walked in and the first thing he said to me was, “I’m taking this very seriously. So you’re the boss. You tell me what to do. I’ll do whatever you want.” Ever since, he’s been such a great person to work with.

Were you surprised?
It’s funny because he’s been eleven months sober from drugs and alcohol and so I think his mind is now thinking, “I really have to now achieve this goal. I have to do this.” His head is really clear. I look up to him in that sense because as hard as he’s working on so many things, I feel like I should be working harder. I wasn’t expecting how nice of a guy he turned out to be and how much of a gentleman and how adorable he is. He’s so sweet and so cute and everyone who meets him just falls in love with him.

Does he have any dance experience?
He comes from a background of circus training. He graduated clown school, I believe, and he has these really interesting tricks that he can do that I’ve never seen anyone on the show do before. So we’re definitely going to try and incorporate what he already can do and I’m trying to develop things that he could potentially do.

How about incorporating elements of Jackass into your routines?
Of course! He’s already told me things that he’s wanting to do on the set. I’m like, “You have to remember that this is live television and it’s ABC Family. I don’t know if me kicking you in a certain area would look good on TV.” He’s having fun and has great ideas and is a really creative guy. We’re both so silly and we love to laugh and have a good time. I get him. I get his humor and I understand what he’s thinking. We work really well together.

What do you think are your chances?
I think he’s this little dark horse of the competition. People don’t really know what to expect from him … I keep getting these messages on Myspace or on Facebook and they’re like, ‘Oh, man, you and Steve-O. I’m so sorry.’ I look at them and think they have no idea about this guy.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/20/lacey-schwimmer-dishes-on-dancing-with-jackass-star-steve-o/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
From people.com

Lacey Schwimmer Dishes on Dancing with Jackass Star Steve-O

In 2008, dancer Lacey Schwimmer went from So You Think You Can Dance veteran to Dancing With the Stars newbie with a few fleet turns of the foot. And in a stellar showing, she took Lance Bass all the way to the finals before going on a nationwide tour with the show. Back for season 8, Lacey is partnered with comedian Steve-O and spoke with PEOPLE about why she was wrong about the Jackass star, whether they have any stunts planned and why she thinks they’ll do well in the competition.

So let us have it — how’s Steve-O?
Steve-O is a workhorse. He is here everyday, five hours. He says, “Is five hours enough, Lacey? Do you think I need more than that?” So he’s just such a hard worker and we’re in very intense rehearsals everyday.

Were you worried that because of his history he wouldn’t be the most disciplined partner?
Absolutely, and that’s what I thought going into it, too. I was like, “Oh, man. He’s not going to want to practice and this, that and the other.” But I walked in and the first thing he said to me was, “I’m taking this very seriously. So you’re the boss. You tell me what to do. I’ll do whatever you want.” Ever since, he’s been such a great person to work with.

Were you surprised?
It’s funny because he’s been eleven months sober from drugs and alcohol and so I think his mind is now thinking, “I really have to now achieve this goal. I have to do this.” His head is really clear. I look up to him in that sense because as hard as he’s working on so many things, I feel like I should be working harder. I wasn’t expecting how nice of a guy he turned out to be and how much of a gentleman and how adorable he is. He’s so sweet and so cute and everyone who meets him just falls in love with him.

Does he have any dance experience?
He comes from a background of circus training. He graduated clown school, I believe, and he has these really interesting tricks that he can do that I’ve never seen anyone on the show do before. So we’re definitely going to try and incorporate what he already can do and I’m trying to develop things that he could potentially do.

How about incorporating elements of Jackass into your routines?
Of course! He’s already told me things that he’s wanting to do on the set. I’m like, “You have to remember that this is live television and it’s ABC Family. I don’t know if me kicking you in a certain area would look good on TV.” He’s having fun and has great ideas and is a really creative guy. We’re both so silly and we love to laugh and have a good time. I get him. I get his humor and I understand what he’s thinking. We work really well together.

What do you think are your chances?
I think he’s this little dark horse of the competition. People don’t really know what to expect from him … I keep getting these messages on Myspace or on Facebook and they’re like, ‘Oh, man, you and Steve-O. I’m so sorry.’ I look at them and think they have no idea about this guy.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/20/lacey-schwimmer-dishes-on-dancing-with-jackass-star-steve-o/

i am not a fan of steve o , my son who is 18 now loved those jackass vid's. and has problly all of them in his room. he bought them with his hard earned money. then he bought a vid cam and him and his friends started making thease vids them selfs. a lot of us parents did not no they were doing it and by the time we fuigure it out severl of them had broken legs arms. once we caught them jummping out a 2 story window. i am sooo thankful none of them were killed. they were doing some dangerous things, trying to b the next jackass producer..i love love lacy but they will not get my vote this year i don't care how good they r.
i am not loling after that they went on to try to b ultamet fighters. boys will b boys i get that but they don't need ppl showing them how to try to get killed, cause some one thinks it is funny. ok getting down of soap box now..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2009, 02:26:20 AM »
Julianne Hough explains her "surprise" 'Dancing with the Stars' return

Julianne Hough has offered an explanation as to why she flip-flopped when it came to competing on Dancing with the Stars upcoming eighth season -- claiming she almost wasn't even swayed by the opportunity to be partnered with boyfriend Chuck Wicks.

"It was a last minute deal.  I was set on taking this season off and then last minute the show asked me to do it because they had asked Chuck to do it and they thought it would be cool if we danced together," Hough wrote on Saturday on her MySpace blog.

"At first I still said no because I wanted to focus on my music BUT then I thought about it for a day and figured this out. I can still write, go on tour and work on Julianne Hough the country singer because Chuck will be my partner and that will be a huge luxury."

"Julianne Hough the country singer" was originally the reason behind Hough's November announcement that she would not compete in the show's eighth season.  Hough had called the decision "final" at the time and stated it was because she wanted to focus on her singing career and be "taken seriously" as a musician.

However she quickly changed her tune following last fall's Dancing with the Stars seventh-season finale broadcast.

"I may have put my foot in my mouth when I said I wasn't going to come back next season.  I just meant that maybe I'll come back next season, maybe I won't," she said at the time.  "Maybe I'll take a season off here -- like maybe this [spring] one, maybe the one in the fall.  But [I'm] definitely going to take one off to focus on the music."

Earlier this month, Wicks -- a country musician who has been dating Hough since last summer -- was revealed as a Dancing with the Stars eighth-season celebrity participant and Hough was announced as his partner.

In addition, Hough cited her need to take the show's Fall 2009 edition off as another reason as to why she's participating in its spring season, which will debut March 9.

"If I would have taken this season off I would have had to go back on the fall season when I will be trying to promote a new single off of my new record so it would have been harder to do that if I was on the show," Hough wrote on her blog, apparently oblivious of the irony that Wicks' own Dancing with the Stars participation implies that his management has determined the show is a better promotional vehicle than the more typical promotional activities she is planning to leave the show to do.

Hough added that the reason for explaining her thinking was to keep fans in the loop as to why she's changed her mind.

"I wanted to clear that up with everyone, I know there had been some confusion, and the LAST thing I want to do is confuse my fans," she wrote.  "You guys have been supportive of me from the beginning..... I can't thank you enough!!!"

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/julianne-hough-explains-her-surprise-dancing-with-stars-return-8498.php

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
Derek posted a blog on his myspace:

Rehearsing with LIL KIM

Hello everyone... I haven't been on here for a while so I thought I would write a little something to let you know whats been going on....
I'm in New York City at the moment training up my new partner for this season of DWTS, none other than the wonderful LIL KIM... I'm happy to say that she has surpassed my expectations so far and think she will surprise a lot of people.
I have been a tourist in the city while I have been here, taking pictures and seeing all the wonderful shows. But I am ready to go back to LA.
I love working with LIL KIM she is so unbelievably nice and intuitive, she has been a great student.
I miss playing with the band and cant wait to play every week at the Grove next to CBS studios in LA, so we can keep up our chops during DWTS and meet everyone who comes....
I'm not very good at this blogging thing, but hope you enjoyed a quick personal update.
Have a wonderful day or night .

Derek

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=30371912&blogID=472983157

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »
Injured Jewel Worried About Dancing Future

Could Jewel’s Dancing future be over before the competition even begins?

With the premiere of Dancing with the Stars less than two weeks away, the singer has already been sidelined with this season’s first injury.

“I guess I really over did it on the rehearsal front!” the singer wrote on her blog (in an entry titled The Bee’s Knee) posted on Wednesday. “My knees have been hurting so badly that I finally broke down and talked to [husband Ty Murray] knee doctor yesterday.”

And the prognosis wasn’t good: “He said I have tendonitis in my knees and that I have to start a course of medicine to try and bring the swelling down,” she writes.

The worst part of getting bum knees: staying off her feet for a few days and not hitting the rehearsal studio with her partner, newcomer Dmitry Chaplin, to practice their first dance, the cha cha.

“I’m just worried I won’t even be able to dance!” the singer continues. “Hopefully these steroids will really do the trick and I can keep bad flare ups at a [sic] bay in the future.”

While Murray, who is also competing in this season’s DWTS, had warned her to not overdo it (”now he got a big ol’ ‘I told you so’), the singer writes: “But my Russian partner and I have the same work ethic and our motto has been ATTACK!! Well, it bit me in the behind, so I will have to bide my time and practice my moves in my head.”

And later Wednesday, she released a statement expressing more optimism.

“Yes it is true, I’ve had a minor setback in my training for Dancing with the Stars,” she said. “But I am dedicated to getting better and showing the judges and America that I can cha-cha with the best of them. Don’t count me out as I am in this for the long run.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/25/jewel-worried-she-wont-be-dancing/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2009, 01:52:13 AM »
New Couple Alert: Dancing’s Mark Ballas & Idol’s Joanna Pacitti!

It’s a match made in a reality TV heaven: Dancing with the Stars‘ Mark Ballas and former American Idol contestant Joanna Pacitti are a couple!

“She is the most supportive person in my life and she’s been great,” Ballas, 22, told PEOPLE Tuesday at the Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience world premiere in Hollywood. “We get to spend a lot of time together [and] we do pretty much everything together.”

Although the two have “been friends for a long time,” the Dancing pro says they only recently started dating eight months ago — when Ballas was training with season 6 champ Kristi Yamaguchi in North Carolina, where Pacitti was living at the time — and clicked because of their similarities.

“We both love music, we both love art, we both love dance,” explains Ballas, whose album BHB with best friend and fellow Dancing pro Derek Hough is coming out Mar. 10. “That’s what we’re all about so we are always there for each other.”

“I think we have the perfect situation,” Pacitti, 24, told PEOPLE. “We both get each other and understand schedules and even on a musical level, I’ve never met someone that’s so passionate about music…that’s what I live for so it’s amazing to be with someone who gets it.”

Pacitti, who auditioned for this season’s American Idol and made the Top 36, was dropped from the show because producers had “determined [she] is ineligible to continue in the competition,” FOX said in a statement. The Idol hopeful had previous record deals and reportedly knew executives at 19 Entertainment, one of the companies involved with the show.

Still, Pacitti has no hard feelings about leaving Idol. “I actually had an amazing time on the show and I met some amazing friends…Everything happens for a reason and it’s opened up a lot of opportunities.”

Adds Ballas, “I think she is amazingly talented and has the most beautiful voice. I tell her, ‘Keep your head up, keep going strong, never give up’ and I’m just here to hold her hand.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/25/new-couple-alert-dancings-mark-ballas-idols-joanna-pacitti/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:57:26 AM by RealityFreakWill »