Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 244241 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
Well, anything can happen marigold. After last season, I would be surprised if we saw an amputation. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
An interesting article:

Nancy O’Dell’s ‘Dancing’ Partner Revealed

Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell now has her “Dancing” partner.

When she makes her “Dancing With the Stars” debut on March 9, Nancy will be dancing with professional Tony Dovolani – something Nancy predicted prior to the unveiling.

“I have narrowed it down to three, just based on height. I think it’s going to be either Tony, Jonathan or Dmitry, who is a new dancer,” Nancy said. “I feel in my bones it’s going to be Tony. I don’t know why. I just do.”

And if her dancing is anywhere as on point as her premonition, Nancy will have quite a “Dancing” run ahead of her.

As it turns out, Tony was just as pleased to find out Nancy was his new “Star.”

“I’m so glad you’re doing this and I’m really happy I got you,” Tony told Nancy on Tuesday when the pair finally met.

Nancy joins a long line of lovely ladies Tony has danced with over the course of the show, including Stacy Keibler, Sara Evans, Leeza Gibbons, Marissa Jaret Winokur and Susan Lucci.

“I’m panicked, petrified, nervous, scared and excited all rolled up together!” Nancy said earlier this week when it was announced she would be on the show. “People love that show and so do I. However, after watching season after season, I never ever thought I’d be one of the competitors! But my baby girl loves to dance so now she can watch mama dancing. Hopefully that’s what it will look like anyway.”

A few of the other pairings have also been revealed.

Steve-O said on Tuesday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” his partner is Lacey Schwimmer; Denise Richards will be paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy; and Olympian Shawn Johnson revealed in an interview with “The Billy Bush Show” she will be dancing with Mark Ballas.

Real-life couple Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks will also be a “Dancing” team.

ABC will announce the rest of the pairings on Thursday.

The new season of “Dancing With the Stars” bows March 9 on ABC.

Link: http://www.accesshollywood.com/nancy-odells-dancing-partner-revealed_article_14334
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:12:08 PM by marigold »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »
ty for the up dates mg. i wonder who is danceing with derick???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »

ty for the up dates mg. i wonder who is danceing with derick???

idk .... only a rumor tory but everyone is speculating Lil Kim

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2009, 10:59:25 PM »

Cheryl Burke confirms her partner is Gilles Marini

ET with DWTS Julianne & Cheryl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncO9JgKBkk

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2009, 09:21:51 AM »
Official complete list of pairings

Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough

Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovkiy

Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer

Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke

Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas

Nancy O'Dell and Tony Dovolani

Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts

Jewel and Dmitry Chaplin

Ty Murray and Chelsie Hightower

Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska

Lil' Kim and Derek Hough

Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff

David Alan Grier and Kym Johnston

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »

ABC Press Release

DANCING WITH THE STARS' CELEBRITY PARTNERS ANNOUNCED

13 NEW STARS GET SET TO SHOWCASE THEIR FANCY FOOTWORK AS "DANCING WITH THE STARS" RETURNS FOR ITS EIGHTH SEASON, MONDAY, MARCH 9 ON ABC

"Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," Premieres Tuesday, March 17

Three Real Life Couples Compete

Bottom Two Couples "Dance Off"

Macy's Stars of Dance Returns

Ballroom Kids Competition Returns

An all new cast of celebrities hits the dance floor on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" with the highly anticipated two-hour season premiere, MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2009 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on ABC. Season Eight introduces us to 13 new stars, including the youngest competitor to date, an NFL legend, a computer icon, a female rapper, three music artists and a "Wildboy." Additionally, "love is a battlefield" when, for the first time, three real life couples take the ballroom floor. Husband and wife Ty Murray and Jewel compete for bragging rights, while newly engaged professional dancers Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff go head to head. To top it off, country crooner Chuck Wicks teams with girlfriend and two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champ Julianne Hough.

Following is the schedule for Season Eight (dates and times subject to change):

* "Dancing with the Stars," two-hour performance show, MONDAYS, MARCH 9 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET) through MARCH 30
*  "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," one-hour, TUESDAYS, MARCH 17 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) through MAY 12
* "Dancing with the Stars," 90-minute performance show, MONDAYS, APRIL 6 (8:00-9:32 p.m., ET) through MAY 11
* "Dancing with the Stars," one-hour performance show, MONDAY, MAY 18 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET)
* Season Finale, TUESDAY, MAY 19 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET)

Dancing with the Stars" returns with new surprises and all the elements viewers have come to know and love including the Kids Ballroom competition. "Macy's Stars of Dance," which features some of the most renowned dancers and choreographers of our time will also be back on "Dancing with the Stars the Results." One of the Macy's Stars of Dance performances will be the hugely popular "Design-A-Dance" which made its debut last season. In addition, couples will once again take part in a team dance, group dance and face off as well as perform the Argentine Tango; a first in the series. And in an exciting new twist, the bottom two couples facing elimination will "Dance Off" to determine who is dismissed in the first weeks of competition.

In alphabetical order, the 13 stars making their ballroom dancing debut are:

BELINDA CARLISLE -- Belinda Carlisle is not only known as the lead singer of the Go-Go's, the most successful all-female band of all time, but also as one of the late '80s' most glamorous adult pop soloists. The Go-Go's' 1981 multi-platinum hit debut, "Beauty and the Beat," spawned mega hits "Our Lips Are Sealed" and "We Got the Beat" and made the Go-Go's the first all-female band (who wrote their own music and played their own instruments) to achieve a No. 1 album. The following years saw continued success for the girls with hits "Vacation," "Head Over Heels" and "Turn to You." Belinda led off her solo career with the gold debut "Belinda," and followed with huge mainstream hits "Mad About You," "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" and "I Get Weak." Since then she has released five more albums, including 2007's French pop collection, "Voilà," and continues to tour internationally, both with her Go-Go's sisters and as a solo artist. She teams with Jonathan Roberts, who returns for his sixth season.

DAVID ALAN GRIER -- David Alan Grier is recognized for his work in television and film - in TV he's known from roles in "In Living Color," "Life with Bonnie" with Bonnie Hunt, "DAG" and, most recently, "Chocolate News" for Comedy Central. In the feature world he has played memorable characters in numerous films, including "Baadassss!," "The Woodsman," opposite Kevin Bacon and Mos Def, "15 Minutes," "Boomerang," "Bewitched," "Jumanji" and Robert Altman's "Streamers." A multi-talented and Yale School of Drama trained actor, David began his professional career on Broadway as Jackie Robinson in "The First," for which he earned a Tony nomination. He then joined the cast of "Dreamgirls," and went on to star opposite Denzel Washington in "A Soldier's Play"; both actors continued their roles in the film version, "A Soldier's Story." Davis is paired with Kym Johnson, who returns for her sixth season.

JEWEL -- She grew up on a remote ranch in Alaska, where her family were pioneers. From poverty and teen homelessness to the triumph of international stardom, the three-time Grammy nominee has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists and has sold 27 million albums worldwide. Her debut album, "Pieces of You," became one of the best selling debut albums of all time, going platinum 12 times. Last year the singer/songwriter released her first country record, "Perfectly Clear," which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In May 2009, she will release an album of original and traditional lullabies. Jewel lives on a working ranch in Stephenville, Texas with her husband, World Champion bull-riding superstar Ty Murray. She teams with 2006 U.S. National finalist Dmitry Chaplin, who makes his "Dancing with the Stars" debut.

SHAWN JOHNSON -- The youngest ever competitor on "Dancing with the Stars," 17 year-old Olympian Shawn Johnson was the gold medalist in balance beam at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where she also earned three silver medals in the team, floor exercise and individual all-around categories. The current two-time National Champion and high-school junior, Shawn appeared on a limited edition Cheerios box in early 2009, led the pledge of allegiance at last year's Democratic National Convention in Denver, was a headliner of last fall's Tour of Gymnastics Superstars, and was named Choice Female Athlete at the 2008 Teen Choice Awards. Her debut biography, "Shawn Johnson -- Olympic Champion: Stories Behind the Smile," was released in December. She teams up with former "Dancing with the Stars" champ Mark Ballas, who returns for his fourth season.

LIL' KIM -- Born Kimberly Denise Jones, Lil' Kim is a Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum rapper, singer, actress and fashion icon. She is one of three female rappers to have a No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hit with 2001's "Lady Marmalade," featuring Christina Aguilera, Pink and M_a. As an actress she appeared on television shows such as "Moesha" and "The Game," and on her own reality series, "Countdown to Lockdown," which had the highest-rated premiere in BET's history. On film she has appeared in "Zoolander," "She's All That," "Juwanna Man" and "You Got Served." She's currently working on her fifth studio album, expected to be released in 2009. Lil' Kim teams with reigning champ Derek Hough, who returns for his fourth season.

GILLES MARINI -- Gilles Marini exploded onto the scene as Dante, the Casanova living in the beach house next door to Kim Cattrall's Samantha in the "Sex and the City" movie, a role which has earned him international recognition. Born and raised in France, Gilles joined the French army and was stationed in Paris, where he served as a fireman for the famous Brigade des Sapeurs Pompiers de Paris. After fulfilling his military duties, he decided to come to the United States to learn English while working as a model. Gilles, who has appeared in series such as "Ugly Betty," "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Criminal Minds," will next be seen as Vanessa Redgrave's husband on FX's "Nip/Tuck." He currently resides in California with his wife, Carole, son Georges and daughter Juliana. He teams up with two-time champion Cheryl Burke. Cheryl returns for her seventh season.

TY MURRAY -- Ty Murray has been labeled the most accomplished rodeo athlete in the century-long history of the sport. With a record-setting seven All-Around World Championship titles and two bull riding World titles under his belt, he has truly earned his nickname as "King of the Cowboys." Now retired from competition, Ty spends his time with his singer-songwriter wife, Jewel, on their 2,100-acre private ranch in Stephenville, Texas. He may have retired from the arena, but Ty hasn't slowed down as a cowboy. In 2004 he helped shepherd National Day of the Horse through the U.S. Senate, encouraging Americans "to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history and character of the United States." He runs his working cattle ranch and trains horses throughout the year. Additionally, he remains active with the Professional Bull Riders, Inc. (PBR), an organization he and 19 other elite bull riders founded in 1992. Ty serves as a board advisor, promotes a top level bull riding event in his hometown, and provides TV commentary for PBR events on NBC and VERSUS. He joins 10 Dance Youth National champion Chelsie Hightower, who makes her series debut.

STEVE-O -- Determined to build a career in television and film, Steve-O, a.k.a. Stephen Glover, sent his self-produced videos to anyone he thought might watch them, including Jeff Tremaine (MTV's "Jackass" creator/director/producer). Steve-O wrote himself a "mile of work" to do for Tremaine and "Jackass." When MTV rejected his more dangerous ideas, he produced his own "too hot for TV" video series and stage show with the "Don't Try This at Home Tour." Steve-O also starred in his own show for MTV, "Wildboyz." 2006 U.S. Youth Latin champ and 2007 World Swing Dance champ Lacey Schwimmer returns for her second season to team with Steve-O.

NANCY O'DELL -- The co-anchor of "Access Hollywood," Nancy O'Dell has contributed reports to NBC's "Today Show" and "Dateline NBC." Beyond covering events such as the Oscars, the Emmys, the Grammys and the Golden Globe Awards, Nancy has been chosen by NBC for the last eight years to host two of their big annual network broadcasts, the Golden Globes Arrivals Special and the Tournament of Roses Parade. Not only is she one of the country's most respected and leading entertainment journalists, she has also appeared in numerous films, including "Thank You For Smoking," "Scream 2," "Scream 3," "Martin Lawrence Live: Runteldat," and the television series "30 Rock," "Project Runway," "Charmed," "Joey," "Third Watch," "Beverly Hills, 90210," "Days of Our Lives," "Melrose Place," "General Hospital," "Just Shoot Me" and "Ally McBeal," among others. Nancy is also an author; her new book, "Full of Life: Mom to Mom Tips I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I was Pregnant," for publisher Simon Spotlight Entertainment, will be in stores April 14, 2009. Although she maintains a busy work schedule, Nancy regularly makes time for philanthropic endeavors. The Muscular Dystrophy Association, American Red Cross, March of Dimes, Best Buddies and Childhelp USA have all benefited from her time and efforts. She resides in Los Angeles with her husband, Keith, their daughter, Ashby, and two stepsons, Tyler and Carson. She teams with Tony Dovolani, who returns for his seventh season.

DENISE RICHARDS -- Known for her roles in films such as "Wild Things" and "Starship Troopers," Denise Richards got her start as a fashion model before making her way into television and movies. She was cast as Bond girl and geo-physicist Christmas Jones in the 1999 James Bond film, "The World Is Not Enough," as well as appearing in films such as "Drop Dead Gorgeous," "Undercover Brother" and "Scary Movie 3." In addition to her film work, Denise has made regular appearances in the comedies "Spin City," "Two and a Half Men," "Friends" and "Seinfeld." She is currently working on the second season of her own reality television show, "Denise Richards: It's Complicated," airing on E! Entertainment Television. She teams with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his sixth season.

LAWRENCE TAYLOR -- Widely regarded as the greatest defensive player in the history of the National Football League, Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor rewrote the record book and built a legendary following during one of the most storied careers in the history of American sport. He spent his entire career with the New York Giants, leading them to two Super Bowl titles. He was the first player in history to be selected to the Pro Bowl in ten consecutive seasons. He was also a unanimous selection to the NFL's 75th Anniversary team, which honored the top players in the history of the game, was the NFL's Rookie of the Year in 1981, Most Valuable Player in 1986, and was the three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Lawrence was inducted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1999. "LT" has written two bestselling books ("Living on the Edge" and "Over The Edge"), has appeared in feature films (including "Any Given Sunday," "The Waterboy" and "Shaft") and is an avid golfer and philanthropist. He teams with Edyta Sliwinska, who is the only pro to compete in all eight seasons of "Dancing with the Stars."

CHUCK WICKS -- A gifted songwriter and vocalist, Chuck Wicks made a compelling impression with his Top 5 smash, "Stealing Cinderella," the fastest-rising single by a debut country act in 2007. By the time his first album, "Starting Now" (RCA Nashville), was released in January 2008, he had begun a year-long, 750,000 fan-packed tour opening for superstar Brad Paisley. Chuck co-penned 10 of the 11 songs on his debut CD, including his second hit, "All I Ever Wanted," and the new single, "Man of the House," a touching story-song about a boy taking on beyond-his-years responsibilities while his father is on military assignment. For more information, please go to: www.chuckwicks.com or www.myspace.com/chuckwicks. Chuck teams with girlfriend and two-time champ Julianne Hough, who returns for her fifth season.

STEVE WOZNIAK -- A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, a.k.a. "The Woz," helped shape the computer industry with his design of Apple's first line of products, the Apple I and II, and influenced the popular Macintosh. After leaving Apple Computer Inc. in 1985, he was involved in various business and philanthropic ventures, focusing primarily on computer capabilities in schools and stressing hands-on learning and encouraging creativity for students. In 2000 Steve was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame and was awarded the prestigious Heinz Award for Technology, The Economy and Employment. He is also a published author with the release in 2006 of his New York Times best-selling autobiography, "iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon." He teams with Karina Smirnoff, who returns for her sixth season.

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the "Dancing with the Stars" performance shows. AT&T subscribers may also text message their votes by texting the word "VOTE" and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (standard text message rates apply). Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast and until 12:00 Noon, ET the following day.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron ("America's Funniest Home Videos") and Samantha Harris ("The Insider"), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »

Access Hollywood with DWTS Nancy O'Dell & Tony Dovolani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kT2V_KzlSQ

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »
From people.com

ABC announces Season Eight's DWTS Dance Pairs

Everyone’s dance cards are full at last as ABC announced the entire season eight Dancing with the Stars celebrity contestant and professional dancer pairings Thursday. On Sunday ABC revealed the celebrity contestants
during its primetime lineup.

Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell, who’s paired with pro Tony Dovolani, says she hopes to have a leg up on the competition, thanks to her height.

“Stacy Keibler was Tony’s partner and she had long legs,” the 5’10” O’Dell tells PEOPLE. “If I can dance one fourth as well as she did I will be happy.”

At the other end of the height spectrum — a full foot shorter than O’Dell — is Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson, who’s paired with season six champ Mark Ballas.

Don’t let Johnson’s size fool you — she’s in it to win.

“I talked to Apolo [Anton Ohno, season four champ] and he told me what to expect and a rundown of the show. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am going to make the most of it,” Johnson tells PEOPLE. “I can’t wait to perform.”

Two new professional dancers also join the cast this season, Dmitry Chaplin and Chelsie Hightower.

The entire season eight lineup is as follows:
• Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska
• Actor Gilles Marini and two-time DWTS champ Cheryl Burke
• Rapper Lil’ Kim and season seven champ Derek Hough
• Actress Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• Pop star Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts
• Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson and season six champ Mark Ballas
• Reality star Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer
• Rodeo star Ty Murray and first-time Dancing pro Chelsie Hightower
• Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff
• Country singer Chuck Wicks and two-time champ Julianne Hough
• Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell and Tony Dovolani
• Actor David Alan Grier and Kym Johnson
• Singer Jewel and first-time Dancing pro Dmitry Chaplin

Dancing with the Stars’ eighth season premieres March 9 on ABC.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:27:54 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »

..... some teasers  :lol:

:ascared wow Steve-O can fly  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2009, 01:16:49 PM »
That's not all he can do. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
An interesting article:

Julianne Hough to Dish Tough Dancing Love to Chuck Wicks

Things are about to get serious between Julianne Hough and her beau, country star Chuck Wicks.

The real-life couple will be making a play for the mirror-ball trophy as partners on this season’s Dancing with the Stars–and the two-time DWTS champ isn’t about to go easy on her sweetie when they hit the dancefloor.

“I might kick him in the butt a little harder than with my other partners!” Hough, 20, tells PEOPLE. “I’m definitely a ‘crack the whip’ type of person.”

It’s a lesson Wicks, 29, has learned quickly. “He was like, ‘Wow, you’re really tough!’” she laughs. “But he says, ‘I don’t want you to treat me any differently than any of your other partners.’”

Though Hough admits she was initially apprehensive about dancing with her boyfriend, the potential ballroom benefits of quickstepping with Wicks ultimately won her over.

“We never get to spend much time together,” says Hough, whose foray into country music just earned her an Academy of Country Music Award nomination for best new female artist. “On the show, we’ll be together 24 hours a day. We’re a really good team off stage, so I think it will be fun.”

And Hough already likes what she sees. “To be honest, he’s actually really good,” she says of their first practice. “He’s never really danced before – well, he told me he does a mean electric slide, but I never saw it!”

Hough admits “there are going to be people who love us and people who hate us,” but says she’s looking forward to the season – all the more so because another real-life couple, Jewel and her husband rodeo star Ty Murray, are also contestants.

“We went on tour with Jewel last year and we’re all friends,” she says of the foursome. “We’ll definitely be rooting for each other.”

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/12/julianne-hough-to-dish-tough-dancing-love-to-chuck-wicks/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
That's not all he can do. :lol:

:groan: OMG he’s one crazy nut  :lol:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
My pre-show picks to root for but reserve the right to change once the season kicks in...

Chuck/Julianne

Shawn/Mark

Nancy/Tony

Ty/Chelsie

I like Maksim but despise Denise so I won't root for her.

I love Lacey from last season (Lance was one of my faves) but don't know about Steve-O. Will have to see them on the floor to decide.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »

The newest Pro Dancer Chelsie Hightower ..... some more teasers Chelsie and Ty

Random pic's

Video:

Chelsie Hightower (Audition) for So You Think You Can Dance

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »

The newest Pro Dancer Dmitry Chaplin

Video:

Dmitry Chaplin on So You Think You Can Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmuYwj6unik

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »

Dancing With The Stars Party At One Night Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrU7N_eM8lc

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
An interesting article:

Samantha Harris Dishes On New Dancing Cast

The new roster of Dancing With the Stars celebs and pro partners has been revealed, but what does co-host Samantha Harris think of the upcoming pairs?

"I think it's going to be an incredible season for personalities to shine — and maybe even clash," Harris said on the red carpet for The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection 2009 fashion show.

"Going into season eight, we see some big names in their respective fields," Harris said of the athletes, actors and musicians slated for the March 9 premiere. "Of course this is a season of relationships.  We have three stages — from dating, to engaged, to married. So that's going to be interesting to see how that plays out, and whether it's working against each other or working as a team, like Julianne [Hough] and her boyfriend Chuck Wicks."

The co-host said Olympian Shawn Johnson may get the most scrutiny. "I think it's hard not to point out Shawn Johnson being that she's an Olympic gymnast. She has the grace and flexibility, but whether that translates to high heels and a ballroom floor is another story. The judges will probably be even harder on her because they have a higher expectation."

Former Dancing contestant Susan Lucci, who was also present at the event, also expressed her excitement for the new season. "Of course I'll be rooting for [my former partner] Tony Dovolani and Nancy O'Dell," said the All My Children actress. "They look great together and Tony's so wonderful. He so deserves to be right up there as a winner."

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Samantha-Harris-Dishes-1002908.aspx

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2009, 09:49:07 AM »
will i like denise.. i am routing for her i love julieann and derik so i will b routing for them, lacy was awsome last yr and irember the hightower girl also she is going to b a great addtion to the crew, lance and lacy where awsome last yr. give denise a chance she grows on u..i don't no who lil kim is but steve o (can't stand btw) is the jack ass guy.jmo he will go by by early on i hope..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »
I may root for Jewel, but I still need to see the dancers. So far, no one has really grabbed me. Perhaps they could bring Cloris and her AARP/Grey Panthers coalition back. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2009, 12:20:32 PM »
i like jewel also my now 21 yr old daughter asked for a jewel cd for christmas one yr she was like 9 or 10 it was jewel frist cd. loved it.. i was ment for u  and u were ment for meeee...... sing ;Ding lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »

..... some more teasers  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »

Teasers:  Denise and Maks

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »

Access Hollywood with DWTS Nancy O'Dell & Tony Dovolani

They announce their first dance is a Romantic Waltz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymNAxasR6o&feature=subscription

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »
An interesting article:

Ballas Hough Band Rocks DWTS Cast

The stars of Dancing with the Stars came out in droves last night to support pro partner regulars Mark Ballas and Derek Hough in their first ever Sunset Strip rock show as the Ballas Hough Band. That’s right, the two most recent Dancing champions and best friends are giving music a whirl, with an album due out March 10 on Hollywood Records. And dare we say, they’re pretty good! (Which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering both these guys are lifelong overachievers.)

Among the dancers and celebrities of seasons past sardined in the Roxy’s VIP area: Cheryl Burke, Tony Dovolani, Lance Bass, Kristi Yamaguchi, and Shannon Elizabeth, Hough’s current girlfriend. (It should also be noted that Ballas’ steady, recently disqualified American Idol contestant Joanna Pacitti, was also in the house, representing front and center.)

And in the crowd, one Steve O, who’s paired with Lacey Schwimmer on season 8 (premiering March 9). The Jackass star obliged a steady stream of autograph seekers all night long, making us wonder if he could end up being a popular contender. “So far, so good,” he told us after the show when asked about his first rehearsals. “It’s not easy, that’s for sure, but I’m looking forward to it.”

For now, a newly clean and sober Steve O added, he has no regrets about signing up. Hough, however, might be bemoaning his own scheduling challenges. He’s partnered with Lil’ Kim, and some four hours after taking his final rock star bow, was headed to the airport for a flight to New York so they could work on their routine. “I’ve only trained with her for, like, an hour,” he said, “but she’s awesome and so cool.”

Link: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/dancing-with-the-stars/ballas-hough-band-rocks-dwts-cast/