Archive > The Amazing Race 14

AR14 Timelines, Timetables and Flight Information

<< < (52/53) > >>

Chateau d If:
I know what flight they're on!    :tup:

Teams arrive in Maui on flight Hawaiian Airlines 116 leaving Honolulu at 8:00 am and arriving at 8:37 am.

Gate 21

Actually there are three flights going to gate 21:  HA 116, HA 146, and HA 306

But, based on some long shadows I see for the Lu'au task, I'm betting on HA 116.

apskip:
Chateau, there is another way to approach the question of which flight the 3 teams were on. The runway, not gate, arrival times of the NRT HNL flights on NOv.21 were:

JO76 631am
JO8090 reported at 619am although this is difficult to believe since it left Tokyo 27 minutes later. It must be a much faster aircraft to turn 27 minutes behind to 12 minutes ahead in a 7 hour flight.

Add in about 8 minutes to get to the gate and the door open and you have:

Tammy/Victor ready for head for U.S. customs at 627am and the other 2 teams ready at 639am. Now, what is the connect time for incoming international to deaprting Hawaiian inter-island flight. It depends on who you ask, but American Airlines reportedly uses 75 minutes as the total for getting baggage, clearing customs, rechecking baggage, checking in for the interisland flight and boarding that flight. So that takes us to:

Tammy/Victor 742am
Margie/Luke and Jaime/Cara 754am

If things occur with normal efficiency, all teams should make HA116 HNL OGG 0800 0837. The next flight is HA176 HNL OGG 0820 0857 and the one after that HA146 0850 0927.

Chateau d If:
We reached the same conclusion!  But had I added up times like that I would not have considered the American Airlines standard 75 minutes as a good estimate for our teams to take care of:  getting baggage, clearing customs, rechecking baggage, checking in for the interisland flight and boarding that flight.  Because they didn't have to get any baggage.  The savings from the absence of that task would take the 75 minutes down to 50 minutes.  And then you get TV in their seats at 7:17 am and the other teams at 7:29 am.  That permits inclusion of an earlier flight from HNL to OGG:  YV1010.

I think the appearance of "gate 21" in the shot helps to nail down the exact flight.

apskip:

--- Quote from: Chateau d If on May 09, 2009, 10:45:24 AM ---We reached the same conclusion!  But had I added up times like that I would not have considered the American Airlines standard 75 minutes as a good estimate for our teams to take care of:  getting baggage, clearing customs, rechecking baggage, checking in for the interisland flight and boarding that flight.  Because they didn't have to get any baggage.  The savings from the absence of that task would take the 75 minutes down to 50 minutes.  And then you get TV in their seats at 7:17 am and the other teams at 7:29 am.  That permits inclusion of an earlier flight from HNL to OGG:  YV1010.

I think the appearance of "gate 21" in the shot helps to nail down the exact flight.

--- End quote ---

Chateau,
YOu are right about the teams, but you have forgotten the camera/sound crew that stays with them like glue. They need to check baggage (containing cameras, sound equipment, etc.) and retrieve it so it is irrelevant that the team do not. Forget any earlier flights than 8am HNL OGG.

Chateau d If:
Opps!  I forgot about them.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version