Author Topic: The Amazing Race News  (Read 41004 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race News
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 08:18:26 AM »
Today at 2pm to 3pm on the Travel Channel,  Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods - Phuket is being rerun. Andrew always captures a bit of local culture in addition to the food, so it is worth seeing if you want to be ready for episode 7 of AR14.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »
I just finished watching a Samantha Brown Travel Channel program on Iceland. The closing segment was a trip to the Blue Lagoon. Who can forget that as the pit stop of AR6, episode 1 and the demise of the "New York Jews in Iceland"?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »
That was a funny scene. Joe & Avi were in TAR for too short a time.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
There is a new travel competition show for families traveling the lower 48,
Great American Road Trip. It premiere Wednesday, July 1st 8/7c. Here is what it is about(note the second coming of the World's Largest chair):

"Great American Road Trip" from BBC Worldwide is a hilarious and relatable new series where seven families from divergent backgrounds are selected to take the journey of a lifetime. Over eight episodes, the families will travel through cities large and small, all while competing in a medley of humorous challenges that will ultimately lead one family to victory. These comical, clever challenges are set against iconic American backdrops like the majestic Grand Canyon and the regal Washington Monument. Along the way, our families and viewers will also discover quirky American landmarks, ranging from the World's Largest Chair to a sneaker the size of a car. Although family fun is the centerpiece of the show, the competition is real and one family will be eliminated each week based on their performance in the challenges. Ultimately, only one family will return home with a dream prize that perfectly compliments their extraordinary and memorable summer vacation.
For information on casting and how to enter your family, check out our casting page and our video below.
"Great American Road Trip" will debut on Wednesday, July 1 (8-9 p.m. ET) and will continue for eight weeks.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 09:53:37 AM »
There is a new travel competition show for families traveling the lower 48,
Great American Road Trip. It premiere Wednesday, July 1st 8/7c. Here is what it is about(note the second coming of the World's Largest chair):

"Great American Road Trip" from BBC Worldwide is a hilarious and relatable new series where seven families from divergent backgrounds are selected to take the journey of a lifetime. Over eight episodes, the families will travel through cities large and small, all while competing in a medley of humorous challenges that will ultimately lead one family to victory. These comical, clever challenges are set against iconic American backdrops like the majestic Grand Canyon and the regal Washington Monument. Along the way, our families and viewers will also discover quirky American landmarks, ranging from the World's Largest Chair to a sneaker the size of a car. Although family fun is the centerpiece of the show, the competition is real and one family will be eliminated each week based on their performance in the challenges. Ultimately, only one family will return home with a dream prize that perfectly compliments their extraordinary and memorable summer vacation.
For information on casting and how to enter your family, check out our casting page and our video below.
"Great American Road Trip" will debut on Wednesday, July 1 (8-9 p.m. ET) and will continue for eight weeks.

Doesn't it look quite like TAR:FE??  :funny:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »
Put this in the Phil Rides Across America thread, but I'll put it here. Phil Tweeted:

“Great news. Just got the call from the Network. CBS has ordered another season of “The Amazing Race.”
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »
Put this in the Phil Rides Across America thread, but I'll put it here. Phil Tweeted:

“Great news. Just got the call from the Network. CBS has ordered another season of “The Amazing Race.”
:yess: :wohoo:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »
*TARAsia Fan is doing the cabbage patch dance. *

:sucks :sucks :elvis: :elvis: :elvis: :elvis: :cow :cow :cow :lock :lock :ninja :ninja :ninja :piano: :piano: :piano: :piano: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :nana :nana :nana
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »
04.16.2009 CBS PICKS UP "THE AMAZING RACE" FOR ITS 15TH SPRINT AROUND THE WORLD

CBS has ordered the 15th edition of the six-time Emmy Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE, hosted by Phil Keoghan, for broadcast during the 2009-2010 season.

THE AMAZING RACE 14 is currently averaging 10.94 million viewers, 3.4/08 in adults 18-49 and 4.3/10 in adults 25-54, winning its time period in all these measures in four of its last five broadcasts. 

Host Phil Keoghan is currently on a 40-day, 3,500 mile bike ride across America www.philridesacrossamerica.com, which ends in New York City on May 9, the day before the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 14 on Sunday, May 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT). 

Casting is already underway for the 15th edition. Keoghan will be appearing at open casting calls throughout his ride with upcoming stops in Chicago (April 24), Pittsburgh (May 1) and New York (May 8).  Applications are also available at www.cbs.com/amazingrace.

THE AMAZING RACE has won the Emmy Award for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program" every year since the category was created six years ago.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster and Jonathan Littman are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc., in association with ABC Television Studio and Amazing Race Productions.  THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
for broadcast during the 2009-2010 season.

Winter?  :'(

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »
Not necessarily Puddin.  Thats just what the media refers to has next season.  It could mean anything.  It could mean its not on the schedule (like season 12) and it will air whenever its needed.  Or it could mean they are given them the go ahead to really push the preproduction side of it and get it ready to film as soon as casting is finished.  This leaves them the option of being able to get one in the can for the fall (if they choose) and still allow them to green light a 2nd session either during May upfronts (where they will get a true sense of how the show performs minus the help of sports). 

Oh and by the way where the hell did CBS pull those average numbers for because they aren't even close.

Its like they aren't counting the first two episode of the season.  Because as of this last Sunday our average is 10.380 million viewers a 3.1 in adults 18-49 and a 3.9 in adults 25-54.

The numbers they use match (when using only two decimal points, I have data to the third) if you only average episodes 3-8.  The 2d episode (against the oscars really hit hard).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
I hope your right mswood!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:28 PM »
I think mswood is right. And I have a feeling at the upfronts next month that CBS will announce TAR16.
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »
OMG! Two seasons of TAR next year!!!! YIPPIEEEE!!!!   :lol: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 09:48:19 AM »
Well thats what I am hoping for but it isn't a done deal by any means.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »
Marc Berman in his Mediaweek Friday report has this to say.

-More Amazing Race:
CBS has renewed Emmy winning reality/competition The Amazing Race for a 15th cycle, which is expected to air next fall. Casting is currently underway.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/200104911/m/768101402

All he says about the renewal is quoted above.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
Yes, 15 is definitely a go. 16 is not. Be happy for one. Pray for two.
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 08:32:09 PM »
Yes, 15 is definitely a go. 16 is not. Be happy for one. Pray for two.

Oops, I thought then that 15 was actually confirmed due to many casting calls this spring in the US, and when Phil and the rest of the world announced that there's another race, thought that 16 was a go...  :'( :'( But I guess 1 is fine with me, better 1 than none...

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »
Apparently, Phil's and CBS' Tweets on TAR15 was a first.

CBS tweets 'Amazing Race' renewal
15th season announcement a first for web service

By Nellie Andreeva

April 16, 2009, 05:32 PM ET
CBS' "The Amazing Race" was picked up for a 15th cycle Thursday and made history as the first series whose renewal was announced on Twitter.

Using the micro-blogging service, "Race" host Phil Keoghan posted the following tweet Thursday: "Great news. Just got the call from the network. CBS has ordered another season of 'The Amazing Race.' "

Instead of confirming through the regular channels, CBS also opted to do so on Twitter, whose popularity among Hollywood types has exploded over the past few months.

"This just in: CBS has ordered another season of the Emmy-winning 'Amazing Race,' " CBS' tweet said. "Official announcement coming."

After breaking technological ground, the network did follow up with a traditional news release, offering more details on the pickup.

Casting for the 15th edition of "Race" is under way. Keoghan is on a 40-day, 3,500-mile bike ride across America, which ends in New York City on May 9, the day before the season finale of "Amazing Race 14." Along the way, he will appear at three of the open castings calls: Chicago (April 24), Pittsburgh (May 1) and New York (May 8).

Since its 2001 premiere, "Race" has won six consecutive Emmys for best reality competition series, taking home the trophy every year since the category was created.

Source - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i9d7aa37d46e1460bc4157f46db41099b
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:37 PM »
I don't mind HOW they announce it, as long as they keep them coming!! Good job TAR 14 cast!! Thanks for the ratings!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2009, 02:24:21 AM »
By the way, Entertainment Weekly is reporting 15 episodes for TAR 15.

'Amazing Race' renewed for 15th season

Apr 16, 2009, 04:19 PM | by John Young

Categories: Television

CBS's The Amazing Race will return in the fall for its 15th season, Variety reports. Once again, the reality competition program will be hosted by Phil Keoghan, who is currently biking across America to raise awareness for MS. It is expected that CBS will order 15 episodes for the next season. The Emmy-winning Amazing Race continues to earn impressive ratings, averaging a little more than 10 million viewers per episode.

Source - http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/amazing-race.html
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 02:44:41 AM »
15 Episodes.......thats a lot of episodes.....lol    Well  with 4 NEL legs, you could do it with 13 teams.....add in a double leg and then you would need 12 teams. Or 12 teams with 3 NELs and 2 double legs.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:34 AM »
Or it is a mistake, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »
By the way, Entertainment Weekly is reporting 15 episodes for TAR 15.

'Amazing Race' renewed for 15th season

Apr 16, 2009, 04:19 PM | by John Young

Categories: Television

CBS's The Amazing Race will return in the fall for its 15th season, Variety reports. Once again, the reality competition program will be hosted by Phil Keoghan, who is currently biking across America to raise awareness for MS. It is expected that CBS will order 15 episodes for the next season. The Emmy-winning Amazing Race continues to earn impressive ratings, averaging a little more than 10 million viewers per episode.

Source - http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/amazing-race.html

For the 15th Season, I think 15 episodes would be a gift for us. (They're making up for Season 12 and 13??  :lol:)..  :lol: Why not add it to 15 legs, and 15 teams and 15 countries to go to?  :funny:

But filiming 15 teams would be so much difficult to handle and watch though..

Cheers to CBS, WRP, the crew and staff of TAR, to The Amazing Race and to us viewers for making our beloved show reach Season 15!  :partie: :congrats: :werock: :yourock: :party:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2009, 11:19:42 AM »
TAR will live as long as I live.

Muahahahaha. :funny: