Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen Season 5  (Read 293566 times)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Hell's Kitchen Season 5
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
i am so glade i read tis thread if not i might have skiped watching the wreck that is hell's kitchen this season..OMG if lacy doesn't go soon my eye r going to bleed..i did skip trew most of the week befor's epi but i did not have any thing else to watch this week so i watched the whole train wreck this week i am sry to here about j's son , i have a nephew with autisum. i was thinking that ramsy was stupid y he doesn't see how horrabl lacy is realy..she is such a wast of a cheftestant..jmo he should have pick severl other's or not aired this season. this is the worst season i have ever seen of hell's kitchen.. :jam: :jam: someone needs to yell @ gordon or is producers for picking such a messed up group of ppl.

i am routing for danny i don't no y but other than him it is not worth watching?????
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »
1. It proves that Lacey provides good reality television that TAR_Asia Fan and others are bitching about her. That mean's you are watching her. There is no long-term rationale for Lacey remaining on the show, so why does it happen? The answer is that the producers must love to see her bring what she brings to our TV sets.

2. Remember that the Red team has an almost 50% chance of losing the service in the next episode. That would be interesting, as it makes LA the most likely candidate for elimination. You know it won't be Giovanni, Carol or Andrea. Paula has been way under-the-radar but I predict will come out soon and some of her teammates rate her as the best chef. It was interesting as how one of the middle-of-the-road performers on the blue team, Giovanni, becomes a star of the Red team. What does that say about the Red team?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
I don't think we can avoid Lacey if we tried, ap. She's right in front of us, so we have to watch.

I do think Gio was being overshadowed by the craziness on the Blue team that were Seth and J and he flew under the radar. When he goes to the Red Team, he gets to shine because the women were fighting amongst themselves. He's like the tough teacher that comes into an unruly classroom. He is what the girls needed to straighten things out.
Just here to visit.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2009, 11:02:02 PM »
yea they r making us watch her by putting her face on more than any one else.. less camra time for lacey might make me fw less.. or skip a whole epi just to see who gets the boot..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: March 23, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »

HELL'S KITCHEN SEASON 5

Episode: 10

Air Date: April 9, 2009

IT'S EVERY CHEF FOR THEMSELVES ON "HELL'S KITCHEN" THURSDAY, APRIL 9, ON FOX

Tensions run high as the remaining chefs join forces to form one team. During the individual challenge, each chef must use fourteen simple ingredients to create a phenomenal dish to impress Chef Ramsay. The winner receives the "best reward" seen in HELL'S KITCHEN thus far, while the losers endure a painful physical punishment. In order to personally outshine the other competitors, chefs must work well as teammates during the heated dinner service that sends one chef to the medic. Tune-in to see who Chef Ramsay sends packing on HELL'S KITCHEN airing Thursday, April 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: March 24, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
 :hearts: oh yay

Hell's Kitchen' Insider: Final Four Predictions

If you watch Hell's Kitchen, you already know that Christina Machamer overcame exceptional odds to win of the fourth season of the notorious show, becoming the executive sous chef at at the London West Hollywood Hotel. Check in each week as Christina "dishes up" her insights on Hell's Kitchen's fifth season, her notorious new boss, and life after reality TV stardom.

By Christina Machamer

As we near the halfway point of Season 5, I think back to my first impressions of this year’s contestants and wonder, “WHAT THE HELL IS LACEY STILL DOING ON THIS SHOW!?”

She is a lethargic complainer who lacks any competence whatsoever. Worse than our suffering of Lacey each week is the reputation she has gained.  How will that girl ever have a career in this industry when each week she appears to get worse? Maybe for the patrons that’s a good thing.  Robert said that she should be a chef at a  psycho ward so that she could get some free help.  I think that is more than she deserves.  So, now that this is off my chest, I can get back to the “real” contestants, and how they compare to my first impressions.

I think, (well, hope mostly) that the final four will come down to Robert, Paula, Danny, and Giovanni.  I know I was thrown in the beginning with “Gio’s” inability to explain polenta to a guest, and then there was a slight hang-up with cooking steaks, however on the red team he was able to unite, communicate, and lead.  I think this bodes well for his future success.  Plus, half of the victors in Hell’s Kitchen have carried the title of “Executive Chef.”  I am prime example of how little your title equates to your success on this show, but maybe I was an exception to the rule.

Which brings me to the second “Executive Chef,” Danny.  For some reason I like Danny.  In the beginning I worried for his fate after his fight with Chef Ramsay.  I think I might have said that few last long enough to argue with the Chef twice.  Since this outburst, Danny has put forth a solid presence in challenges, as well as during service.  The only negative thought I have for the Floridian is how does one become an executive chef at the age of 23?  That seems awfully young to me.  Many people thought I was too young, as the title of “student” doesn’t necessarily imply a 27-year-old who had been cooking since she was five... but that is another digression.

Paula is my boyfriend’s favorite chef-testant this season, and from episode one he has predicted that she would win.  Of course, I thought I knew better, but he did have solid reasons for choosing her over the others.  We viewers have really never heard anything negative about Paula during service.  To the contrary, she handled herself well on the meat station (arguably the most difficult position), she is the strongest person overall in challenges, and has never been a target for elimination.  There is no reason why Paula won’t make it to the finals and beyond... then again, this show is all about expecting the unexpected.

My final pick for the top four is also my favorite, Robert.  From the first episode when he offered to trade places with Wil, I fell in love with Robert.  Robert’s confessions are hil-ar-ious!  He works hard, cares for others, and all in all make this show interesting to watch amongst all of the incompetence. Go, Robert, go!

Andrea and Carol should spend less time arguing and more time checking their mise en place.  The whole feud thing was done last season.  Sure, Corey and I hated each other in the beginning, but even though I wanted her out of Hell’s Kitchen, we still were able to work together.  That is called being professional.  I may not have liked her but that does not matter to the customers—the product matters.  Carol and Andrea should get over themselves and their petty disagreements.  I don’t think either will win, so their grievances don’t really matter, anyway.  I do wish Carol would take off that silly hair piece whilst working in the kitchen, but I guess that as well falls under the realm of professionalism.

I really thought LA would go far this season, but now her time is running short.  She has had a mostly decent performance, but has not really shined in any way.  Mediocrity will only get you half way through the season. 

I had decent impressions of Ben in the beginning, but after the rise of “angry ben,” I have realized that this Executive Sous Chef is just “all sizzle and no steak.”  He always talks about his abilities and then fails to produce.  In addition, he talked Lacey OUT of quitting twice, which tells me he’s not very bright.  Sometimes less is more.

Last is J, who didn’t even make it to eliminations.  He was sacked in the middle of service, and for good reason.  At first, I had favorable opinions of J.  He wasn’t really featured in the first few episodes, which often means good things.  Then he started to crumble.  ”But J doesn’t fail, J will focus and J will come back, ‘cause J is doing this for J’s son and J’s wife, and J always talks big game about J in the third person.” 

So what do we have to look forward to next week?  The elimination of Lacey!  Although most of my first impressions were wrong, I am hoping this premonition finds truth.  So as I begrudgingly wait for one (particular) chef’s dream to be squashed, eat well and be well.

After graduating at the top of her class from The Culinary Institute of America and putting in decades of work in some of the country's top kitchens, Christina Machamer's hard work has been rewarded with a Hell's Kitchen triumph. Now settled into her new West Hollywood digs, she and her partner Cory Lemieux venture into the artisan spice trade with their online company bcbcblends.com. Look for Christina, as she travels the country, seeking out food shows, farmer's markets, and a possible location for her next culinary adventure.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hells-kitchen/hells-kitchen-insider-final-fo-27206.aspx

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »
Another good recap by Christina! I'm so happy she won last season. Shows she knows her chefs.  :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »

Well as happy as I am to hear from Christina I am very disappointed in her criticism, namely the personal attacks she chooses to voice over cooking capabilities but I guess that’s all she’s got sitting at home in front of the tv, she isn’t there and can’t comment on that so she is left starring at someone’s hair, making fun of them and finally being humored by Robert which really isn’t very insightful I am not impressed by that.

She still has a far way to go to be defined and recognized as a reputable chef.

<3 Carol and J

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2009, 07:27:29 AM »
Christina's thoughts on the Final 4 have inspired me to put mine together. The things that I agree with her on is that the next two eliminations should be Lacey and Ben. That will leave 6 chefs any of whom could win. Paula is the only shoo-in. I do not have as high a confidence as Christina does in Robert's culinary skills and I do not see him making the Final 4. Danny is probably the best of the men and he will get in. That leaves Giovanni, Carol and Andrea. I haven't seen much from Giovanni. I think many overrated his performance last episode. He might make it, but I don't think so. I see that dynamic duo of Carol and Andrea making it to the Final 4 as the producers will force their feud to stay on the air as long as Ramsay can stomach it. I predict that one of them will be eliminated for the Final 3 and the other for the Final 2. So it will ultimately be Paula vs. Danny. We haven't seen much from either one because they have been fortunate enough to go under-the-radar.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »
HMMM!! Interesting comments apskip! I will pay more attention tomorrow night and watch Danny and Paula because as you say, they have been gliding under the radar while we are diverted by the Lacey drama.

I like Robert, I don't think he will win but with time he can grow into a bigger role in the kitchen. Already he has shown leadership skills and his comments are priceless. I would like to see him step it up a bit to see if he is capable of doing more.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: March 25, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
.... more on Ramsay

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:29 PM

Video: Gordon Ramsay in Conversation with Peter Oliver, Part I

A little while ago we posted a teaser of Gordon Ramsay’s interview with Peter Oliver in Toronto. Jessica and I got the chance to attend and listen to the inciting chef speak about his youngster years in Scotland, his formative experiences in Paris, the chefs that mentored his evolution, his new book Healthy Appetite and of course, the F-bomb. 

While setting up, I ran right into Gordon in a back hallway of the Toronto Reference Library, and stunned, managed only an exaggerated “It’s Gordon Ramsay!” He answered with a sheepish, painful smile and scurried away. At least he didn’t tell me to eff off…

But as I may have mentioned before, he was quite amicable and cooperative, despite some rather goading questions out of Peter Oliver. In this first clip of three, Gordon talks of his first resto in Scotland, his “fat” years and his resulting book Healthy Appetite.

Look for Part 2 and 3 over the next few weeks…

Link to the article: http://www.foodtv.ca/blog/blogs/food_for_thought/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »
An interesting article on Sara Horowitz from Season 2:

Celebrity chef Sara Horowitz of 'Hell's Kitchen' cooks for East Side El Paso couple

We put Chef Sara Horowitz of 'Hell's Kitchen' fame in a stranger's kitchen and asked her to create a meal using just the ingredients she found there. Here's what she came up with.

Link to read the full article video included: http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_11967666?source=rss

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2009, 11:15:40 PM »
An interview with J Maxwell:

TVGuide.ca: Hey J, what a tough way to go … watching that episode back did some angry memories resurface?
J Maxwell: Well, not really anger, but more understanding. My son was diagnosed with autism two weeks before I flew to L.A., and I was going through some difficult time in my mind. You work so hard in your life for things you want – things you think will make you happy – and then guess what? Everything changes in a moment.

TVG: Was it frustrating for you watching Lacey quit time after time and then have to leave the show before her?
JM: Of course. Well, just exiting the kitchen in general. Being around Lacey is difficult. She’s closed-minded, she’s a quitter, that’s no way to live life or succeed. It was hard to be around that negativity. She would walk out and make it difficult for us.

TVG: We saw everyone ganging up on her through the editing, but in your opinion was it really that bad?
JM: It was that bad. It was all attitude too! She would achieve nothing.

TVG: So what happened with that memorable risotto?
JM: Good question. J cooks his risottos a little bit differently. He doesn’t just throw it in a big batch of boiling water, that’s just ridiculous, but that’s the way Gordon wants it. Like I said, Lacey walked out, she came back in and finished the rice – of course you don’t see that – but I’m not blaming anyone, whatever.

TVG: So it was Lacey’s fault the risotto was overcooked.
JM: No, I’m not saying that. I’m not putting any blame on anybody. J made a lot of mistakes like I said, I was having a hard time focusing. But she did finish the rice, so J’s not to blame for everything, that’s for sure.

TVG: J, why do you talk about yourself in the third person like that? Is that something you’ve always done?
JM: [Laughs.] I guess … I don’t know … it’s weird seeing yourself on TV, the whole thing is pretty funny.

TVG: Why do you go by J rather than Jason?
JM: I’ve always gone by J. That’s what I’ve had on my chef coats for almost 10 years now. It’s just how I want people to remember me.

TVG: You’re one of those rare non-smokers on the show – how did you manage around all those fumes?
JM: That’s why you didn’t see me out there, hanging out with everybody. I had to when we were outside and actually talking about work or planning, but besides that I can’t stand it, it was awful.

TVG: Being a fan of Hell’s Kitchen before joining the show yourself, would you agree that Gordon loses his rag a little bit more now than in previous season? Was there any time where he wasn’t yelling at you guys?
JM: Not really, no. He’s always intense in the kitchen and once he gets upset – which happens every 15 minutes – forget about it. Then when you do something up to his par or his standards, he might throw it right back at you because he’s just upset. It’s very difficult to get through a dinner service when Gordon’s upset.

TVG: It seemed really unreasonable the way he just tossed you out.
JM: Like I said, I was dwelling on my son and my wife … I was ready to leave. At the time I didn’t know it, but after a couple of seconds, I was happy. He sensed and knew I wasn’t delivering my best. Once you lose the mental game there’s no reason to be there.

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+disillusioned+chef/RealityTV/Exit+Interviews/Articles/090326_Hells_Kitchen_J_AD.htm?isfa=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2009, 12:53:15 AM »
Video:

Chef Gordon Ramsay Take Two

Back for round two Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay sits down with CBC Q host Jian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QQq0He-lk

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2009, 08:34:05 AM »
TARAsia Fan feels J. talks too much in the third person. TARAsia Fan is sympathetic to J over his son's autism. TARAsia Fan is now done talking in the third person.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: March 26, 2009, 09:13:37 AM »
TARAsia Fan feels J. talks too much in the third person. TARAsia Fan is sympathetic to J over his son's autism. TARAsia Fan is now done talking in the third person.

:( I am sorry to everyone who is offended by this .... how dare you bring his child into this

Reported to the Moderator!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: March 26, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
I wasn't meaning anything offense. I was just amused how J. talks in the third person. Plus J. himself brought up his son's autism of which I am very sympathetic. Autism is no laughing matter.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #442 on: March 26, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
I know TARAsia Fan/Ken very well and it was tongue in cheek, he was not making fun of J's child! If anything he was having fun with J's interview @ J not his child!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
I know TARAsia Fan/Ken very well and it was tongue in cheek, he was not making fun of J's child! If anything he was having fun with J's interview @ J not his child!

No problem but I don’t believe there is humor in that text and something anyone would touch, I call it manipulating.

.... moves on

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #444 on: March 26, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »
Never mind.  :funny:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:44:08 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #445 on: March 26, 2009, 10:50:22 PM »
We had a double eviction from the kitchen tonight. Lacey could not get her act together on the meat station. She was totally lost. Ramsay told her to leave, talked to her in the store room, gave her another chance but she was hopelessly lost. The second time he told her to leave for good. The 3 guys regrouped and were blazing the entrees leaving the girls in the dust. In the end LA was also told to give Chef Ramsay her jacket and pack it in.

I'm so glad Lacey is gone but I wish he had given Carol another chance.

I hope apskip will give us another one of his great recaps! :tup:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:16:09 AM by TexasLady »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #446 on: March 27, 2009, 12:33:36 AM »
I totally forgot it was on tonight! Survivor being on last night messed me up and I thought today was Friday! Guess I'll catch it on FOX on-line.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: March 27, 2009, 01:15:43 AM »
 :hearts: An interview with Carol:

Knoxville resident Carol Scott of 'Hell's Kitchen' has some regrets

As the weeks progress on Fox’s “Hell’s Kitchen,” West Knoxville chef Carol Scott has a growing dread.

“The way you see me acting on the show right now is not the way I act in real life,” she says. “I am a control freak, but I’m not that bad.”

On screen, Scott is progressively giving in to the pressure of the game (seen at 9 tonight on WTNZ, Channel 43). She’s angry and tired and over it all.

She has been battling teammate Andrea Heinly over just about everything. They clash during challenges. They argue over how the team is running. They let the “F” word fly over just about everything.

Scott will admit up front that she did a poor job preparing the beef Wellington during tonight’s episode.

“It’s not the best I could have done,” she says.

While Scott says she was not always at her best or pleasant, she does offer a reason why. “We all were doing this under a lack of sleep, a lack of food. We never had actual meals.

“Once in a while, we’d throw a piece of ham between two pieces of bread and eat it. Then you have that $250,000 hanging over your head as well.”

The money is the grand prize for winning “Kitchen.”

“People react differently in stressful situations,” she says.

What we are seeing now is Scott about a month into shooting the series. “I didn’t want to be there anymore at that point,” Scott says.

“I hadn’t talked to my kids or my husband. I am arguing with Andrea. I am arguing with Lacey.

“I am getting on people’s nerves because I am so stubborn. It was starting to become a game I didn’t want to play.”

She regrets acting “that way” on television.

“I look back now and think: ‘Really? I put myself through that?’” she says. “I can’t believe it.

“It’s so much harder to watch it on TV than to have actually (filmed) it. I get shaky. My heart just pounds whenever it comes on, and I see my face.”

http://www.knoxville.com/news/2009/mar/26/knoxville-resident-carol-scott-hells-kitchen-has-s/?partner=RSS

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: March 27, 2009, 08:11:26 AM »
I like Carol and I've read (probably in this thread) that she and Andrea have made up since and have become friends which is good to hear.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: March 27, 2009, 08:14:57 AM »

That leaves Giovanni, Carol and Andrea. I haven't seen much from Giovanni. I think many overrated his performance last episode. He might make it, but I don't think so.

I completely agree I think Giovanni at 37 has reached his prime at this point and I would be surprised if Ramsay was interested

Still love him though  :hearts: