Author Topic: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion  (Read 184365 times)

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion
« Reply #500 on: September 11, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »
well great.  Why couldn't BB have waited to do the little party when BBAD was on.  At least there would have  been some action -- instead these two will be passed out by then.  Another great ratings night coming up!!!!

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #501 on: September 11, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
BB is selfish! (:;)

Offline I'm Ron Burgundy?

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #502 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »
Wow, with Jerry some could argue that about 6 of the evictions were because of Dan winning a competition or him being the swing vote/offered some sort of deal in which he could of shifted the house(eh hem libra).

If he doesn't win it'll be the biggest piece of crap in Big Brother history.

EDIT: AND he threw the one comp to get Keesha out, he could've been responsible if he wanted to! That'd of given him as many evictions as there are jurors.
Let's do this like Judas.

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #503 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:50 PM »
you are s right---short of being evicted  all the hg's were so not up to his game play.  makes you proud that we Michiganders are so bad huh?
I think that's why Dan never got booted out. I think he was so far above their gameplay that before they even figured out that they had been snookered he was safe and had moved on to his next conquest. They didn't complain too loudly because they were too embarrassed to admit it out loud. They are going to try to squeeze the last second of play and on air relevance they can by being even dumber a**holes than they were in the house. They will each be nasty when asking the questions to the F2, and then again when they are actually voting. They will definitely be "stuck on stupid" for another little while. I remember thinking when Jerry was  complaining about Renny and he said that she always makes sure that the camera is paying attention to her when ever she was talking or doing something. That she was playing straight to the camera every minute. Imagine if that is actually true how crazy she would have to be?! Yikes!

Offline MommyLove3

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: September 11, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
puddin or peach....if you're reading this, do ya'll know if the feeds will come back on?
I remember reading somewhere that last season they were cut off for a day towards the end, and BBAD was pre-taped. ???

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #505 on: September 11, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »
IMO the winner of BB10 will be dan it will be either a 5/2 or 4/3 vote but more than likely 4/3  :wohoo:
delightful just delightful

Offline mommycass2002

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #506 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:59 PM »
Way to go BB (:;) another totally predictable and disappointing finish.  No one sitting on the end of their seat...just a bunch of ho-de-dum.  I am so tired of the cocky ass bros winning this thing.  Sure they played a good game, but they had a little help along the way... 
I am oh so tired of the women being catty and bitchy and fighting against each other.  When are we going to see a strong female alliance make it somewhere in the game.  I thought maybe Renny and Keesha could do it.  But no Keesha just had to align with Memphis, thinking the man would be her way to the end.  No honey haven't you watched BB.  Men stick together to the end.  I really couldn't believe she was so shocked.  c'mon!  :pull

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #507 on: September 11, 2008, 11:50:51 PM »
BB is selfish! (:;)

and promotes and encourages it.

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #508 on: September 11, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »
Way to go BB (:;) another totally predictable and disappointing finish.  No one sitting on the end of their seat...just a bunch of ho-de-dum.  I am so tired of the cocky ass bros winning this thing.  Sure they played a good game, but they had a little help along the way... 
I am oh so tired of the women being catty and bitchy and fighting against each other.  When are we going to see a strong female alliance make it somewhere in the game.  I thought maybe Renny and Keesha could do it.  But no Keesha just had to align with Memphis, thinking the man would be her way to the end.  No honey haven't you watched BB.  Men stick together to the end.  I really couldn't believe she was so shocked.  c'mon!  :pull

Indeed.  It is too much like the political process; after much hue and cry, we wind up having to choose between two people who don't really offer all that much when it comes down to it; choosing the lesser of two evils so to speak.

Hmmmm, that's an idiom, if not a moral, to apply to the whole jury house at the end of this.

Offline kindly yes

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #509 on: September 11, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »

LOL

Did anyone watch Oprah today?  "Why Men Cheat?"

LOL

(I still quit!)

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
... and the moral of the story is . . . Re: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »
When I came up with ". . . and the moral of the story is . . .

If something seems too good to be true, it more than likely is.

as the end of Ollie's tale, I thought it would be fun to come up with a life lesson in the form of

". . . and the moral of the story is . . .

(generalization based on character, narrative, outcome)

for each of the evicted houseguests in turn.

This seems like a good time to offer it up to pass the time until Showtime comes on.  Anybody got anything?

--Alison

I came up with a moral of the story for Keesha earlier (scroll down), which Dan voiced last night

"Never enter into an alliance with two guys; they'll always wind up in a Sundance kid buddy fantasy."

and Ollie

"If it seems to good to be true, it is."

and perhaps Memphis:

"What profiteth a man if he gain the world and lose his soul?"

and I suppose the last man standing will have as the moral of his story -- or perhaps it will be one of the people evicted:

"He who laughs last, laughs best."

It's not always the "winners" who wind up with further contracts in entertainment: look at Chicken George.

Not watching now -- these two guys are going to have that money spent so many ways before they get out that they'll be lulcky to make it out of Las Vegas.  Maybe that's why BB keeps them in there so long before the final vote, to encourage them to dream up so many ways to spend the money that they blow it all in a hurry  ("A fool and his money are soon parted,")

for April I have a Chinese proverb: "Open both eyes before marriage and close one after."

--Alison

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2008, 01:16:57 AM »
Weekly stats of BB10:

Week 1: Jerry, HOH, Jessie & Renny nominated, Jessie wins veto, used on self, Brian up, Brian evicted 9-1
Week 2: Jessie, HOH, Dan & Steven nominated, Michelle wins veto, not used, Steven evicted 9-0
Week 3: Keesha, HOH, Angie & Jessie nominated, Keesha wins veto, not used, Angie evicted 8-0
Week 4: April, HOH, Jessie & Memphis nominated, Jerry wins veto, not used, Jessie evicted 4-3
Week 5: Michelle, HOH, Keesha & Libra nominated, Jerry wins veto, not used, Libra evicted 6-0
Week 6: Renny, HOH, April & Jerry nominated, Dan wins veto, not used, April evicted 4-1
Week 7: Dan, HOH, Jerry & Memphis nominated, Memphis wins veto, used on self, Michelle up, Michelle evicted 3-1
Week 7: Keesha, HOH, Jerry & Ollie nominated, Dan wins veto, not used, Ollie evicted 3-0
Week 8: Jerry, HOH, Dan & Keesha nominated, Memphis wins veto, used on Dan, Renny up, Renny evicted 2-0
Week 9: Dan, HOH, Jerry & Memphis nominated, Memphis wins veto, used on self, Keesha up, Keesha evicted 1-0
Week 10: Dan, HOH part 1, Memphis, HOH part 2, Dan, HOH part 3, Jerry evicted
Week 11: Finale: Dan vs. Memphis, to be continued...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2008, 01:29:56 AM »
puddin or peach....if you're reading this, do ya'll know if the feeds will come back on?
I remember reading somewhere that last season they were cut off for a day towards the end, and BBAD was pre-taped. ???

That was BB9. That was the day when Sharon was evicted.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2008, 03:23:02 AM »
Now that all competitions are done for the season....here's the final stats!

Dan, 3 HOH, 2 Veto
Jerry, 2 HOH, 2 Veto
Keesha, 2 HOH, 1 Veto
Memphis, 3 Veto
Michelle, 1 HOH, 1 Veto
Jessie, 1 HOH, 1 Veto
Renny, 1 HOH
April, 1 HOH
Brian, Steven, Angie, Libra and Ollie got nothing!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:12:39 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2008, 06:26:48 AM »
The Detroit News

Adam Graham / The Detroit News

Oh, "Brother!"

Metro Detroit is one step closer to having a "Big Brother" winner in its midst. That's because on Thursday's episode of the CBS summer reality series, Dearborn's Dan Gheesling advanced to the contest's final two, putting him within an arm's reach of the show's meaty $500,000 prize.

The winner will be decided by a jury of seven ousted house guests on Tuesday's live "Big Brother 10" season finale. Even if Gheesling should lose, he's guaranteed a runner-up purse of $50,000.

As Gheesling himself said on Thursday's episode, "Not bad for a schoolteacher, huh?"

Gheesling, 25, teaches biology and physical education at Orchard Lake St. Mary's Preparatory, where he is also assistant coach of the varsity football team. He frequently wears his bright red Orchard Lake St. Mary's shirt inside the house, and has been known to scrawl "OLSM" underneath his left eye as a signal to his school and his team.

He's also made many references to Michigan and to Dearborn while in the "Big Brother" house, and has taken the chance to draw the state of Michigan -- with a star denoting where Dearborn lies -- on various surfaces during competitions.

Alongside Gheesling in the final two is Robert "Memphis" Garrett, with whom Gheesling has been in a secret alliance -- dubbed "the Renegades" -- since the fourth week inside the house. On Thursday's episode, Gheesling won the final "Head of Household" competition -- his third, more than any other contestant this season -- and sent 75-year-old Jerry MacDonald walking out the door, leaving just himself and Garrett to vie for the money.

Throughout the series, Gheesling -- who in his diary room confessionals speaks with the volume of someone who has headphones in his ears and isn't aware of how loud he's talking -- has methodically schemed and plotted his way through the competition, at one point being branded "Judas" by MacDonald for his backstabbing ways. But he has had a clear plan from day one, initially throwing competitions to appear weak before running roughshod through his fellow housemates over the last several weeks.

He's also become a fan favorite, and was voted "America's Player" for one week early in the series.

A Gheesling victory is far from a gimme, however. He was personally responsible for the eviction of several of the house guests-turned-jury members who will decide his fate, and it remains to be seen if he can win their votes come Tuesday.

"You know what I tell the football players back at St. Mary's?" Gheesling said in Thursday's episode, during part one of the three-part final "Head of Household" competition. "If it ain't rough, it ain't right." And true to form, Gheesling is facing a rough road to victory.

Whether he wins or loses, Orchard Lake St. Mary's head coach George Porritt looks forward to seeing Gheesling back on the sidelines when he leaves the "Big Brother" house.

"We miss him as a coach, and we all know he's a wonderful guy," says Porritt. "I know he'll be excited to be back."

Porritt's only concern is that Gheesling's media tour, should he win, may interfere with the football season. So far this year, the OLSM Eaglets -- who lost in the state finals last year to East Grand Rapids High School -- are 1-1.

Before earning his undergraduate and master's degrees from Michigan State University, Gheesling attended Divine Child High School in Dearborn. He also worked as a graduate assistant coach for Michigan State's football team, and a picture of him coaching on the sidelines at MSU was shown on "Big Brother" after one of his "Head of Household" wins.

Porritt says there's been a lot of excitement at the school over Gheesling's time on the reality show, which kicked off July 13, though he admits he hasn't watched every show. As for his sneaky game play and whether it reflects poorly on his character, Porritt says, "He's just having fun -- like when people play poker."

Either way, Porritt is pulling for his assistant coach.

"I hope he wins," he said.

One other Metro Detroiter has made it to the finals on "Big Brother." In 2001, during the show's second season, Pontiac's Nicole Schaffrich clawed her way to the end, but ultimately lost to "the Evil Doctor," Will Kirby.
I found this article from Today's newspaper on another BB fan site and I thought I'd share.

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2008, 07:07:45 AM »
Nah Jerry still won't vote for Dan. I see it as Dan gets Keesha, Renny and maybe Libra and Memphis wins. Dan's strategy of making people hate him so much that he slips through isn't really good for votes, sadly.

The others are waaaay too personal and bitter. But hopefully... HOPEFULLY he wins. :D

I kind of agree with you.
And Michelle's comment to Keesha that 'it was a set up' and Keesha telling Dan she should have kept Michelle, makes me think they will have a lot to talk about . I don't necessarily think Dan won Michelle over with the date either. She is pretty slick..and unforgiving.
If they do shake the personal stuff, Dan will win on gameplay, but I really think Michelle, Jerry & keesha hold grudges, that being  based solely on their own statements. :duno:
This is truly the first time I do not know who is going to win the votes.

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »
April will never get past Memphis' car. She will bite the bullet and vote for Dan to win using his excellent game play as her rationale. Dan is definitely going to win the $500K, it's just a matter of by how much. The only two friends Memphis had were Michelle and Keesha and they are not going to vote for him as he voted both of them out. Renny has been saying forever that he was counting the money, and Jerry will find out that he got the ultimate bitch slap in the game by Memphis. I honestly think that at best for memphis Dan wins 5-2, but I will be surprised if Memphis gets more than 2 votes.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2008, 10:28:13 AM »
April will never get past Memphis' car. She will bite the bullet and vote for Dan to win using his excellent game play as her rationale. Dan is definitely going to win the $500K, it's just a matter of by how much. The only two friends Memphis had were Michelle and Keesha and they are not going to vote for him as he voted both of them out. Renny has been saying forever that he was counting the money, and Jerry will find out that he got the ultimate bitch slap in the game by Memphis. I honestly think that at best for memphis Dan wins 5-2, but I will be surprised if Memphis gets more than 2 votes.

I agree, Dan will win, at most 2 votes for Memphis. Michelle will vote with the majority, she's mad at Memphis, didn't even say a word to him when she left. Not to mention, some of his good bye messages were not very nice to the departing HG.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline MommyLove3

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »
Link to "Renegade" by Jay-z and eminem
This is what Memphis wants to wake up to this morning, in case anybody wants to hear.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5vfBryf1iw

Link to Renegade by Styx, just because I love Styx :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:59:40 AM by MommyLove3 »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »
Interesting article by buddytv.com about the Renegade alliance:

Taking the time to reminisce, looking back on the season that's almost fully passed us by, one begins to ponder why exactly in played out as it did.  Big Brother 10, its legacy will not be formed in the near future, but only after the fans have had time digest the season as a whole.  For now, it's easy to presuppose that Big Brother 10 will be remembered as the season of The Renegades.  Dan and Memphis have absolutely without question dominated the field in the latter half of the Big Brother season.  Dan has been the puppet master, purveyor of shenanigans.  Memphis has been the steady, below-the-radar foil, perfectly matching Dan's overt game playing with a more subtle, yet equally effective game.  Most importantly, the two have worked together impeccably, conspired, executed and have never wavered in their two-pronged alliance.  But, and this is a big but, none of this great gameplay would have mattered if it weren't for the lengthy string of challenge victories by The Renegades.

It just goes to show you that on Big Brother, all the gameplay in the world can't alone net you $500,000 – you have to, at some point, win some challenges.  As much as I'd love to chalk up The Renegade dominance to pure smarts, the simple truth is their competition performance as of late has almost certainly been more important.  Dan and Memphis combined to win the last five Power of Veto competitions.  Neither Dan or Memphis has been on the block, post-PoV ceremony, since week 4. When you win Power of Vetos at will, it makes your life in the Big Brother house that much easier.

Of course, Dan was adamant early on in the season that he was throwing all challenges.  After the tear he's been on lately, you have to believe that he was telling the truth.  It was smart, too – had he won a bunch of competition early in the season, the target on his back would have been far greater.  Instead, he faded into the pack after narrowly avoiding eviction by association with Angie and Steven.

Dan and Memphis, in terms of game play, played it perfectly.  This can't be understated. They had their own tight bond, an unmoving two person alliance, but they played it down for a long time, and gathered other alliance members around them.  The numbers Renny and Keesha brought were incredibly important, but the Renegades knew all along that the two women were expendable.  When the house finally realized that Dan and Memphis were in it for the long haul, it was just too late.

Big Brother 10: Season of The Renegades.

Offline purpie

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »
Don't forget to vote! http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/polls/
You can vote free 8 times per day till 11:59pm 9/15. :)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2008, 03:06:24 PM »

Thanks for the reminder purpie

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »
Actually - you can vote as often as you like. There is no vote counter attached to the voting pages. Once you vote the first time just hit your "back" button on your browser and click "vote" again,  rinse, repeat as often as you can before falling asleep.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »

RealPlayer is advertising Post Finale interviews with Evel Dick and the houseguests

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2008, 04:58:58 PM »
Actually - you can vote as often as you like. There is no vote counter attached to the voting pages. Once you vote the first time just hit your "back" button on your browser and click "vote" again,  rinse, repeat as often as you can before falling asleep.

No if you hit back button over and over you are voting once, lol