Author Topic: Saddest eliminations  (Read 117326 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Saddest eliminations
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 06:39:28 AM »
If there was a highlight in Family Edition, it had to be the Gaghan's elimination, I think it has to be the most heartbreaking moment in the Race so far. Come on, what can be sadder than a 10 y/o trying not to cry in Reality Television?

Meredith & Gretchen's elimination wasn't sad, I think it was bound to happen, but it was one of the first seasons where I actually admired the older team, maybe they weren't the most fit team, but they excelled in one of the most important factors to succeed in the race: good teamwork and luck. I think every 4th place team deserves a lot of admiration.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:47:57 AM by cdfe88 »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »
Christie and Jodi's elimination has been the saddest yet!  They were so close to beating Mark and Michael, and they were so fun to watch!
 :'(

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 04:37:53 AM »
TAR 1 - Nancy & Emily
TAR 5 - Charla & Mirna, Linda & Karen
TAR 7 - Meredith & Gretchen
TAR 8 - Gaghans
TAR 10 - Kellie & Jamie, Lyn & Karlyn (though not an elimination, I was saddened to see them lose)
TAR 11 - Charla & Mirna, Dustin & Kandice (both for the same reasons as Lyn & Karlyn)
TAR 12 - Kate & Pat
TAR 13 - Marisa & Brooke, Kelly & Christy
TAR 14 - Christie & Jodi

Asian Versions:
TARA 2 - Ann & Diane
TARA 3 - Ida & Tania (see above)

Somehow, I wasn't that saddened by the BQ's elimination in Season 10, considering that I was rooting for Bama the whole time (though I wanted them to stay over Tyler/James) and that they were back to do much better in All-Stars.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2009, 06:48:01 AM »
TARA 2 - Ann & Diane

When was a last elimination not sad? just look at this picture and tell me which of these teams deserved to be eliminated? (Nate & Jen might spark some controversy, lol)

The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 07:02:44 AM »
I will tell you what I think. These teams should have been eliminated:

The Godlewski Family- somewhere at Hotel Irma or travelling 73 miles to Red Lodge Mountain Golf Course the sisters lost a large amount of time. At the golf course Sharon and Michelle, arriving last,  do not focus on completing it quickly. They instead are more intereted in squabbling with each other.

Toni and Dallas- this is the most obvious. I really liked this team but you can't overcome carelessness for whatever reason in a decisive leg; their decision to have Dallas do the Moscow ROADBLOCK and not Toni was a tragic mistake

I think all the rest are pretty sad.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 07:08:25 AM »
TARA 2 - Ann & Diane

When was a last elimination not sad? just look at this picture and tell me which of these teams deserved to be eliminated? (Nate & Jen might spark some controversy, lol)

Um, I actually didn't feel that saddened for 2 of the 13 last eliminations and felt happy for 5 of them. LOL
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »
I will tell you what I think. These teams should have been eliminated:

The Godlewski Family- somewhere at Hotel Irma or travelling 73 miles to Red Lodge Mountain Golf Course the sisters lost a large amount of time. At the golf course Sharon and Michelle, arriving last,  do not focus on completing it quickly. They instead are more intereted in squabbling with each other.

Toni and Dallas- this is the most obvious. I really liked this team but you can't overcome carelessness for whatever reason in a decisive leg; their decision to have Dallas do the Moscow ROADBLOCK and not Toni was a tragic mistake

I think all the rest are pretty sad.

I have to agree with ap on the sisters. As much as I like watching conflict on the race, seeing sisters argue just reminds me of fighting with my sisters. Wasn't sad to see them go.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
Kevin and Drew- Didn't Care
Ozzy and Danny (twice)- Didn't Care
Derek and Drew- Didn't Care
Jon and Al- Happy to see them gone since it proved my friend wrong.
Linda and Karen- Very sad to see them go.
Hayden and Aaron- Didn't Care, although I'd rather them over Hellboy
Meredith and Gretchin- Season 7 died for me when Brian and Greg got eliminated.
Godlewski family- Glad to see them go, they annoyed me.
Monica and Joseph- Didn't Care, was cheering for the fratenizers the whole time.
Dustin and Kandice- Glad to see them get the boot. Hated 'em
Nathan and Jennifer- Season 12 died for me when Kynt and Vyxsin got eliminated.
Toni and Dallas- Slightly sad, didn't have time to get emotionally attached so soon after Kelly and Christy.

I wont pass judgement on TARA since I've never watched it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
I wont pass judgement on TARA since I've never watched it.

This would be the perfect thing to fill our summer lull with, it is a joy!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »
Winter lull for me... although I'm sure that AR14 will finally hit Australian TV by then.

It's irrelevant anyway, since I'll be in the USA for the American summer anyway. Of course, if you want to invite me around for TARA parties, I wouldn't refuse.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
That's great!! Let me know where you'll be....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2009, 12:21:21 PM »
Winter lull for me... although I'm sure that AR14 will finally hit Australian TV by then.

It's irrelevant anyway, since I'll be in the USA for the American summer anyway. Of course, if you want to invite me around for TARA parties, I wouldn't refuse.

You should definitely see TARA, I saw the three seasons almost back to back during my extended vacations, it really is unique. Though, the first episodes were a little bit weird, you get used to the different pace, all the extra tasks, a more even camera time distribution, and situations that the American tv corporations would censor.
The story so far:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2009, 06:25:46 PM »
If there was a highlight in Family Edition, it had to be the Gaghan's elimination, I think it has to be the most heartbreaking moment in the Race so far. Come on, what can be sadder than a 10 y/o trying not to cry in Reality Television

:crybabe: :crybabe: :crybabe:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »
banredbeans,
I can almost agree with you. However, I am already on record that the Gaghan family is the second saddest elimination ever, after Jon and Al in Mooloolaba, Australia as the saddest. The elimination of your family was due to the random-chance aspects of an unfortunate ROADBLOCK. Jon and Al were shafted by the weather and the inability of Korean Airlines to play catchup well enough.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
If there was a highlight in Family Edition, it had to be the Gaghan's elimination, I think it has to be the most heartbreaking moment in the Race so far. Come on, what can be sadder than a 10 y/o trying not to cry in Reality Television

:crybabe: :crybabe: :crybabe:

Well, when Carissa's chin started to quiver, and she was trying so hard not to cry, I remember not being as brave AT ALL...I blubbered like a baby.  That moment was a heartbreaker...and one of the best moments in TAR history.

Give her a big hug from all of us? :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »
TAR1: Nancy & Emily
TAR2: Mary & Peach
TAR3: John Vito & Jill
TAR4: Monica & Sheree
TAR5: Charla & Mirna and Linda & Karen
TAR6: Gus & Hera
TAR7: Meredith & Gretchen
TAR8: Gaghan Family
TAR9: Wanda & Desiree and Fran & Barry
TAR10: Duke & Lauren, David & Mary, and Dustin & Kandice
TAR11: Oswald & Danny
TAR12: Kynt & Vyxsin
TAR13: Mark & Bill, Kelly & Christy, and Toni & Dallas
TAR14: Christie & Jodi (so far, but awaiting any other sadder ones)
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2009, 01:52:36 AM »
Derek and Drew, Tian and Jaree, Kami and Karli, Lena and Kristy, Meredith and Gretchen, Gaghan, Godlewski, Fran and Barry, Joseph and Monica, David and Mary, Uchenna and Joyce, Oswald and Danny, Toni and Dallas, Terrence and Sarah.

The sadder ones are Gaghan and Lena and Kristy where I cried. Kami and Karli for me, it's just because I love rooting for the underdogs and for 10 legs the twins struggled to stay alive and it was just super exciting each leg to see them get through and not be eliminated.. and when finally they were eliminated, I just can't help but to feel sad because they were a nice team afterall.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2009, 01:50:08 PM »
I'm always happy to see Tammy posting! Giving the Gaghans love from the neighboring state of Rhode Island! :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2009, 05:06:26 AM »
I suspect someone's gonna say Mel & Mike for TAR14 now that they're gone.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2009, 07:22:08 AM »
I suspect someone's gonna say Mel & Mike for TAR14 now that they're gone.

Well, they were the comic relief.  They didn't really have a sad elimination though.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »
Mel held his head up high and so did Mike. They were very proud racers and ran the race with honor. Hardly a sad elim and they did not cry.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
I was sad to see Mel and Mike go, but it won't be under the saddest eliminations for me.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
i have to say, after last night.... kisha and jen was one of the sadder ones. jen must hav felt terrible tht they lost by seconds from using the bathroom.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »
Yea, i'm sad Kisha and Jen got eliminated too. It's just weird that my favourite teams kept getting eliminated at fourth. :knuckles:

Toni and Dallas, Godlewski, MoJo, Oswald and Danny, Mereidth and Gretchen, Derek and Drew...

And now.. Kisha and Jen. Duh!!

I really have the 4th, 6th and 9th place curse. LOL! My favourites rarely gets eliminated in ANY other positions.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2009, 08:05:43 AM »
Christie & Jodi and Kisha & Jen's elimination had me in tears. :'( :'(
I'm baaaaaack!