Author Topic: Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »
Do you think a Keep on Racing leg or TBC leg should have a penalty for the last team to check-in?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
No if the leg is truly a linear leg with no bunching, yes if there is a bunching or flight.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
If it's a penultimate KoR/TBC Leg like Beijing in TAR14, then no, I don't believe there should be a penalty because it's so close to the finale. I wouldn't want any teams' chances of racing for the million toasted all because of a fake Pit Stop AKA "midpoint" penalty near the end of the season... especially when the tasks are linear and/or timed.

However, standard KoR/TBC Legs like Moscow in TAR9 and Sydney in TAR18 should be assessed penalties because it contains majorly governed locomotion (airplanes, trains, buses) in the following Leg. Those so-called equalizers bunch teams together and it feels more like a separate Leg (non-elimination).

Instead of a Speed Bump, the KoR/TBC Legs should have a marked for elimination (30-min. penalty) consequence.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:53 PM »
Yes.  Since they're considered separate Legs or "zero hour Pit Stops" there should at least be a penalty if there's no elimination.
These aren't the original TBC-legs where they are considered one huge double length Leg.  These are basically non-elimination Legs with no penalties.  That should change.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »
No. The whole point of TBC legs (with the exception of the very first one which happened because of a production fluke) is to provide opportunity for comebacks and twists of fate. Penalties for the last team would limit that possibility. I don't think whether it is early or late in the race even needs to be a deciding factor.

Also, there is still no significant difference between these and the TBC legs of old. They are simply counted differently by Phil (for no apparent reason).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »
They've changed the distinction between double Legs (TAR6-10) and the Legs with zero hour Pit Stops that are being used now that are, again, non-elimination Legs without penalty.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »
They've changed the distinction between double Legs (TAR6-10) and the Legs with zero hour Pit Stops that are being used now that are, again, non-elimination Legs without penalty.

I know. I meant that while these legs are a little different (now there is a prize for team number 1) from the TBC legs of old, the difference is not significant in my book.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 03:54:38 PM »
I think all Keep Racing legs should have a penalty, at least the ones that are counted as separate legs from TAR18 onwards.
When you think about it, that team is getting a free pass really.
Prior to TAR 18 and Season 32, these are counted as one long leg (the way I preferred it) and therefore there should NOT be a penalty.
I already posted how much I loathe KOR legs being counted as two legs and wished it never happened in the first place.  :groan:
Wadsy

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 09:08:18 PM »
No. The whole point of TBC legs (with the exception of the very first one which happened because of a production fluke) is to provide opportunity for comebacks and twists of fate. Penalties for the last team would limit that possibility. I don't think whether it is early or late in the race even needs to be a deciding factor.

Also, there is still no significant difference between these and the TBC legs of old. They are simply counted differently by Phil (for no apparent reason).
I was going to say a penalty however after reading this I understand why there is no penalty. If they wanted to make the last place team have a penalty one they would have already done it and two they would just have a non-elimination leg. Also, what was the S18 leg 1 production fluke (kinda upset that I have been a superfan for at least 2 years now, and haven't known this)?

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 09:38:51 PM »

I was going to say a penalty however after reading this I understand why there is no penalty. If they wanted to make the last place team have a penalty one they would have already done it and two they would just have a non-elimination leg. Also, what was the S18 leg 1 production fluke (kinda upset that I have been a superfan for at least 2 years now, and haven't known this)?

This is exactly why I can't stand KOR legs being separate. TAR6-10, 14 and 32 perfected this as there were no penalties and nothing felt out of place.
Wadsy

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 11:19:55 PM »
I prefer them to be a keep racing point with no penalties.
But i think it should only happen like once or twice a season.

I like the mix between NEL and KOR.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard