Author Topic: "Dancing with Stars" Season 7  (Read 139748 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "Dancing with Stars" cast
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »
Marigold, your listing of all the different dance styles used in Dancing With the Stars was very informative. Thanks!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
Marigold, your listing of all the different dance styles used in Dancing With the Stars was very informative. Thanks!

;) That’s great to hear apskip

I am looking forward to your extremely fair and accurate rundown on the performances based on the actual dance involved with the stars.

Lets hope this season is not going to be a repeat of last seasons sympathy votes rather than the ability to do the dance as accurately as possible.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »

DANCING WITH THE STARS HAS 8 EMMY NOMINEES  :jumpy:

Outstanding Choreography
Routine: Mambo Julianne Hough Choregrapher

Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-Camera Series Or A Special
Episode #510A

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality Competition Program
Tom Bergeron

Outstanding Lighting Direction (electronic, Multi-camera) For VMC Programming
Episode #510A

Outstanding Makeup For A Multi-camera Series Or A Special (non-prosthetic)
Episode #503

Outstanding Picture Editing Of Clip Packages For Talk Performance Award Or Reality Competition Programs
Episode #610 (Head To Head Package)

Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
Dancing With The Stars

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video For A Series
Dancing With The Stars Episode #502A

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2008, 02:52:15 AM »
A blurb in tv guide:

The Shows We're Watching Tonight

It's time once again for a fresh batch of celebrities to get to know the pain and glory of the dance floor as the show begins its seventh season.

Tonight, each of the 13 stars performs a routine, facing the threat of elimination twice this week: Someone goes home tomorrow, someone else on Wednesday.

Celebs on hand for this round include Toni Braxton, Rocco DiSpirito and Misty May-Treanor, plus three professional dancers make their series debut.

(And Maksim's back!)

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/tv-hotlist#DancingWiththeStars

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2008, 02:53:56 AM »

Dancing With The Stars Premieres Tonight  :jumpy:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2008, 11:17:14 AM »

Lets hope this season is not going to be a repeat of last seasons sympathy votes rather than the ability to do the dance as accurately as possible.

Marigold, I am not sure but think you might have confused DWTS5 with DWTS6. In season 5 there was a huge sympathy vote for Marie Osmond that I found totally inappropriate as better dancers lost out. In DWTS6 I could see no sympathy voting trend.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Which season was Heather Mills in? She got a lot of sympathy votes for some strange reason. I was so happy when she was booted out. I felt she really couldn't get her footing, but then again, much of the audience had her pegged so by the end, she didn't have a leg to stand on.  :snicker: :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2008, 05:19:46 PM »
Marigold, I am not sure but think you might have confused DWTS5 with DWTS6. In season 5 there was a huge sympathy vote for Marie Osmond that I found totally inappropriate as better dancers lost out. In DWTS6 I could see no sympathy voting trend.

:lol: lol if my memory serves me right we dealt with Marie in season 5 and the oh so bubbly Marissa for season 6

Need I remind myself  :groan:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
Which season was Heather Mills in? She got a lot of sympathy votes for some strange reason. I was so happy when she was booted out. I felt she really couldn't get her footing, but then again, much of the audience had her pegged so by the end, she didn't have a leg to stand on.  :snicker: :snicker:

:funny: too freaking funny it's season 4 hehehe

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »

:jumpy: Dancing With The Stars Link To Vote:  http://ll.abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=vote08&v3

About the Vote

HOW IT WORKS:

During the live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution. But the judges' scores alone do not decide a couple's fate.

Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) on the day of the results show.*

In the Dancing with the Stars Results Show**, the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition.

The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy.

*In Week One, online voting opens on Monday at the start of the show for couples on that nights show and closes the next day at noon (Eastern Time). The online vote then reopens for the couples dancing on the Tuesday show and closes the next day at noon (Eastern Time). The couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will NOT perform on Tuesday, leaving 12 couples to dance.

**The Dancing with the Stars Results Show will premiere Wednesday, September 24 at 8/9c.

Viewers can vote via phone, text message or online for their favorites ONLY on the night they perform.

PHONE/SMS NUMBERS:

COUPLE NAME PHONE NUMBER TEXT-IN CODE

Cody Linley & Julianne Hough 800-86834-01
800-VOTE4-01 3401

Rocco DiSpirito & Karina Smirnoff 800-86834-02
800-VOTE4-02 3402

Toni Braxton & Alec Mazo 800-86834-03
800-VOTE4-03 3403

Maurice Greene & Cheryl Burke 800-86834-04
800-VOTE4-04 3404

Brooke Burke & Derek Hough 800-86834-05
800-VOTE4-05 3405

Ted McGinley & Inna Brayer 800-86834-06
800-VOTE4-06 3406

Lance Bass & Lacey Schwimmer 800-86834-07
800-VOTE4-07 3407

Cloris Leachman & Corky Ballas 800-86834-08
800-VOTE4-08 3408

Jeffrey Ross & Edyta Sliwinska 800-86834-09
800-VOTE4-09 3409

Kim Kardashian & Mark Ballas 800-86834-10
800-VOTE4-10 3410

Susan Lucci & Tony Dovolani 800-86834-11
800-VOTE4-11 3411

Misty May-Treanor & Maksim Chmerkovskiy 800-86834-12
800-VOTE4-12 3412

Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson 800-86834-13
800-VOTE4-13 3413

FORMAT SUMMARY:

Lines open at the beginning of each show for viewers to phone and text vote for their favorite couples and stay open for 30 minutes after the end. The whole country can vote.

One (or more) couple(s) will be knocked out of the competition each week. The couple with the lowest overall score is knocked out of the competition.

The scoring and format of the show is unique to the series and is not based on a standard dance championship.

The decision regarding which dances are to be performed by each couple each week rests with the Producers.

THE PROCEDURE FOR ELIMINATING COUPLES:

Each week every couple receives points from the judges and votes from the public. For every couple we work out the share they got of the points given by the judges on the night, and the share they got of the public's votes on the night and we add these two shares together. The couple with the lowest combined total is eliminated from the show.

For example if couple A, B and C receive 38, 26 and 14 points from the judges, we calculate what share these points represent of the total awarded by the judges on the night. In this case the judges gave 78 points in total, and each couples' share of 78 points breaks down as follows: 38= 48.72% of 78, 26= 33.33% of 78, 14= 17.95% of 78. Let's suppose that when the public votes are tallied, each couple has the following shares: A= 20%, B=40%, C=40%. To determine who's eliminated we combine these two shares for the total:

Couple A: 20+48.72%= 68.72%
Couple B: 40+33.33%= 73.33%
Couple C: 40+17.95%= 57.95%

In this case, the bottom two couples would be A and C, and C would be eliminated.

ONLINE VOTING REQUIREMENTS

The Internet browser on user computers must allow cookies, have Javascript enabled and have the latest version of Flash installed in order to vote. If cookies and Javascript are disabled and Flash is not installed, users will be unable to access the online ballot.

If you are still having problems accessing online voting, send us your feedback here

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:33 PM »

Dancing With The Stars Text Voting:

How do I text vote?
Each couple will be assigned their own text message short number during the performance show. To vote, simply watch Dancing with the Stars on ABC each week. AT&T subscribers may text the word VOTE to the text messaging 4 digit short numbers promoted for each couple. Voting opens at the start of each performance show. For more information and a text voting demo, visit the AT&T Dancing with the Stars page.

Who can vote using text messaging?
Text message voting is only available to AT&T subscribers with two-way text messaging capable wireless handsets.

When can I text my vote?
Voting opens at the start of the performance show each week and stays open for approximately 30 minutes after the show ends in each time zone. This is subject to change, so listen for announcements on each show. Votes submitted via text messaging outside of the valid vote window will not count.

How much does it cost to vote?
If you use a wireless phone to call the voting lines, airtime and applicable roaming and long distance charges will apply. If you vote using text messaging, standard text messaging and/or other fees will apply (see How do I vote using text messaging? for more details).

Voting by text messaging on your wireless phone - What is text messaging/ SMS?
Text messaging, also known as SMS (short messaging service), is a way of communicating short messages via your wireless phone. Most (but not all) handsets have this feature. AT&T subscribers with wireless service can vote by text message using their wireless phone keypad to write the message VOTE and sending it to a contestant number. This 4 digit contestant number, such as 3401, relates directly to the couple you want to vote for. Each couple has their own shortcode, these are as follows:

COUPLE NAME TEXT-IN CODE

Cody & Julianne 3401

Rocco & Karina  3402

Toni & Alec 3403

Maurice & Cheryl 3404

Brooke & Derek 3405

Ted & Inna 3406

Lance & Lacey 3407

Cloris & Corky 3408

Jeffrey & Edyta 3409

Kim & Mark 3410

Susan & Tony 3411

Misty & Maksim 3412

Warren & Kym  3413

How do I vote using text messaging?
To vote by text if you are a AT&T subscriber, simply watch Dancing with the Stars each week on ABC, input the word VOTE into a new text message on your cell phone and send this message to the 4 digit short number assigned to the couple for whom you wish to vote (such as 3401 for Cody & Julianne). If done correctly, you will receive a message confirming your vote. You will receive a message confirming your first valid vote during the voting window for each couple that you vote for. If you send a message to an inactive code or send a message when voting is not open, you will be notified. Also, if you exceed your allocated text votes for that night you will be notified.

Text message voting will open at the start of each performance show and will stay open for approximately 30 minutes after the show ends in each time zone. Votes sent outside of the voting window will be invalid. If you are sending your text vote from a wireless phone with an area code that is in a different time zone from that in which you are calling, the network will accept or reject your vote based on the time zone of your area code. So, if you have a New York cell phone area code but are voting from Los Angeles during the West Coast voting window, your vote will not be accepted. Try calling the toll-free number from a landline instead.

How much does it cost to vote via text message?
The cost of voting for AT&T subscribers varies depending on your wireless text messaging plan. If you do not have an AT&T wireless text messaging Package, standard text messaging rates apply to messages sent and received. You will be charged for each message sent from and received by your wireless device, regardless of delivery and including invalid votes cast outside of the specified time period. See att.com for details or visit an AT&T retail store.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2008, 09:09:09 PM »

:groan: Cloris Leachman .... ok who let her out of the long term care facility  :ascared   :funny:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
The voting process outlined by Marigold is important. Knowing what the DWTS judges say about each couple is also important. Here are the scores of each couple by each judge(Carrie Ann is C;Len is L;Bruno is B; Total Score T) in the cha cha cha or foxtrot:

Cody/Julianne C6 L 6 B 6 T 18
Rocco/Karina  C 5 L 4 B 5 T 14
Toni/Alec        C 7 L 7 B 8 T 22
Maurice/CherylC6 L 6 B 6 T 18
Brooke/Derek C 7 L 8 B 8 T 23
Ted/Inna        C 6 L 6 B 6 T 18
Lance/Lacey   C 8 L 6 B 8 T 22
Cloris/Corky   C 6 L 5 B 5 T 16
Jeffrey/Edyta  C 4 L 4 B 4 T 12
Kim/Mark        C 6 L 6 B 6 T 19
Susan/Tony    C 5 L 5 B 5 T 15
Misty/Maks     C 6 L 8 B 7 T 21
Warren/Kim    C 7 L 7 B 7 T 21

So, the highest scores for for Brooke/Derek, Lance/Lacey, and Warren/Kim. The lowest was for Jeffrey/Edyta but Edyta inadvertently elbowed him in the left eye causing a scratched cornea in today's dress rehearsal so Jeffrey probably was off balance as a result. Karina also had a twisted ankle but chose to compete. She and Rocco had the 2nd lowest score.

I culled some of the best one-liners from and my comments about the show:

Tom after the scoring for Jeffrey/Edyta was revealed said "I can't remember the last time we saw a four."

Cloris Leachman is 82, so Corky Ballas has to be 47 by subtraction from their total age of 129. Cloris was using all of her charms on the judging to wangle a higher score for her team and stay in the competition. Her begging so transparent.

Jeffrey says "I was born to dance" even though watching him and Edyta you would not have concluded that.

After Bruno got enticed by both Cloris and Susan Lucci, Tom deadpans "Bruno, you are getting more action tonight than in all prior episodes combined."

The best one was Maks "She (Misty) is the first girl I've met who has shoulder muscles bigger than mine."

Misty said "I want to go from Queen of the Court to Belle of the Ballroom."

Kym  said "Warren is incredibly light on his feet." (unquestionably true when you watch them dance).

Warren said "I want to go from killing the quarterback to dance floor champion."

Len (to Warren) "you are a great big bundle of joy."

I believe that predicting the outcome of tonight's competition to be announced tomorrow night starting at 8pm EDT. I think Jeffrey will not get a sympathy vote and will be eliminated. I don't see Rocco/Karina, Cloris/Corky and Susan/Tony lasting more than the 4th round.  

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »
Marigold, Cloris is a riot after the performance is over, both trying to influence the judges and spouting one-liners that she is famous for. Hopefully, the ABC censor will be quick on his feet too in evaluating everything she says in the brief delay time before it gets broadcast.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2008, 11:47:29 PM »
For a centenarian, Cloris Leachman dances pretty well. Considering she danced at President McKinley's inauguration, she shows she can still move. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »
 :lol:  lol seeing you guys enjoyed it that much just for you hehehe

*** sorry had to edit this post ***
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:09:55 PM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »

Dancing With The Stars Julianne Hough in a Juicy Fruit commercial

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:21:15 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »
An interesting article:

Judges give low scores on 'Dancing with the Stars'

"Dancing with the Stars" is back — and so are the low score paddles.

While model-actress Brooke Burke dominated the dancing competition with a score of 23 out of 30, several of the seventh season celebrity participants began at the bottom of the pack. Television legend Cloris Leachman received a lousy 16. "All My Children" matriarch Susan Lucci was given a measly 15. And celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito cooked up a lukewarm 14.

"I forgot we had a 4," quipped host Tom Bergeron of the low score paddle flashed to DiSpirito.

However, the lowest number — a pathetic 12 — went to comedian Jeffrey Ross, who suffered a scratched cornea after his partner Edyta Sliwinska accidentally poked him during a rehearsal Monday. Ross wasn't the only performer to dance despite suffering a previous injury. Professional dancer Karina Smirnoff, who's partnered with DiSpirito, sprained her ankle.

Leachman brought the most drama to the ballroom. After dancing, the 82-year-old actress lifted her leg onto the judges' table, fell to her knees in front of Len Goodman and then sat on Carrie Ann Inaba's lap as the arbiters attempted to evaluate her routine. She wasn't any more subdued backstage. Her reaction to her low score had to be censored.

"They can't even add up the numbers, they're so stupid here," she said, grabbing an off-camera card with her score.

Celebrities who managed to score above 15 included singers Lance Bass and Toni Braxton; reality TV star Kim Kardashian; actors Cody Linley and Ted McGinley; NFL star Warren Sapp; and Olympic gold medalists Misty May-Treanor and Maurice Greene. One dancing couple will be eliminated Tuesday. Following another routine, a second team will be sent home Wednesday.

Link: http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/22/1898552-judges-give-low-scores-on-dancing-with-the-stars

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2008, 04:03:48 AM »
For 82 years Cloris was fab. I do love her so much, and I hope she does well...Although I hear her Mambo isnt to be too great!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »
It's amazing that Cloris has had a long career considering that she was silent movies for a time. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »
It's amazing that Cloris has had a long career considering that she was silent movies for a time. :lol:

:funny: cracks up laughing hehehe

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »
An article in tv guide:

Backstage: Warren and Cloris Connect with the Audience

Here's what we know after the seventh season premiere of Dancing with the Stars: It's going to be a wild ride.

Never in the show's history have two dancers had to be carted off to the hospital for mishaps during opening-night dress rehearsal. Pro Edyta Sliwinska did a dancing kick that hit comedian Jeffrey Ross in the left eye, leaving him with a painful scratched cornea. And pro Karina Smirnoff landed on the outside edge her high heel, resulting in a sprained right ankle.

They both got meds for pain relief and soldiered on. But it was two other dancers — two unlikely dancers — who stole the spotlight and won standing ovations: venerable actress Cloris Leachman, who did the fox trot as if she were in her own little world, and 300-pound NFL bruiser Warren Sapp, who had the crowd buzzing about "the next Emmitt Smith."

"I was thinking crazy thoughts before I went out there," says Sapp, who told his pro partner, Kym Johnson, that he was afraid he was going to fall down the glittering staircase during his grand entrance. "I just told him that if he did, it would make great television," says Johnson.

Leachman wowed the crowd with her agility, and then tried to ratchet up her score by showing judge Bruno Tonioli a little leg. Host Tom Bergeron looked a little shell-shocked during the commercial break, telling Kim Kardashian's stepfather, Olympian Bruce Jenner, who was sitting ringside: "I didn't think she was going to put her leg on the desk."

"I was just carried away by the music," says Leachman after the show. Her pro partner, Corky Ballas, says he wants to get the old gal moving even more tomorrow night. "I want her to cover more ground," says Ballas, who tried to conduct a professional interview while Leachman flirted with him. "He's not interested in me and I don't know why," she says. "I don't mind, but I'm curious." She turns to Ballas. "Why aren't you interested in me?" she demands. "Because," he says, "I want to remain a mystery." Smart man.

Link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Things-Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Stars-Warren/800047214

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
Dancing With The Stars Premiere Ratings:

Primetime Ratings: Solid Showing for CBS

ABC's Dancing with the Stars, NBC's Heroes make season debuts.

CBS won Monday night -- the first Monday of the new season -- with a strong showing for its mix of sitcoms and dramas, while ABC and NBC battled for long-form debut supremacy with the debuts of Dancing with the Stars and Heroes, respectively, both down from last season’s launch numbers.

CBS averaged a 4.5/11 in the demo for a solid lineup that never dipped below a 3.5 rating. After Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother rose to a 4/10, followed by a 5.3/12 for Two and a Half Men, a to-die-for rating for the waning sitcom genre. CBS' new series, Worst Week, had the lowest rating of the night for CBS, a 3.8/9, still a solid performance in sitcom land. CBS closed the deal with CSI: Miami, which averaged a 5.1/12 from 10 p.m.-11 p.m. to win the time period over the second hour of Heroes (4.9/12).

The network said it was its first 18-49 Monday win since 2002, its best-ever premiere numbers for How I Met Your Mother and the best premiere numbers for Men since 2004.

It was actually wall-to-wall Heroes for the season premiere on NBC, but the one-hour countdown show and two-hour premiere came in second head-to-head against ABC's premiere of Dancing from 9 p.m.-10 p.m. and CBS' CSI: Miami from 10 p.m.-11 p.m. Heroes did win the 9 p.m.-11 p.m. time period with a 4.9/12 versus a 4.8/11 for CBS and a 3.9/9 for ABC.

NBC pointed out that the Dancing number was a time-period rating and got a boost from the inclusion of the rating for the ESPN Monday Night Football contest between the New York Jets and San Diego Chargers, which aired on the ABC affiliates in those markets.

In the overnights, Stars/MNF averaged a 5.3/13 over its 8 p.m.-10 p.m. two-hour debut, while Heroes averaged a 5/12 for its 9 p.m.-11 p.m. premiere. The one-hour Heroes countdown show from 8 p.m.-9 p.m. came in third with a 2.6/7 behind Dancing and Big Bang Theory on CBS (3.6/10).

Both Heroes and Dancing were down from their debuts in 2007. Dancing averaged a 5.8/15 for its 90-minute premiere last season, while Heroes earned a 7.3/17 for its one-hour debut from 9 p.m.-10 p.m. last season.

ABC was second on the night in the overnights with a 4.3/11 thanks to Dancing. NBC was third with a 4.1/10. Boston Legal recorded a 2.2/6 for the debut of its final season on the network.

Fox followed with a 2.4/6 for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Prison Break, followed by a 1.5/4 for The CW.

Link: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6598448.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »
.... more Dancing With The Stars ratings:

The two-hour premiere of NBC's top drama "Heroes" was down 25% compared with last year's one-hour opener, taking an expected hit following a creatively middling second season and an extended nine-month hiatus prompted by the writers strike.

The "Heroes" debut (9.9 million viewers, 4.9 preliminary adults 18-49 rating and a 12 share) ranked second in the 9 p.m. hour after ABC's "Dancing With the Stars' " return, and second at 10 p.m. following CBS' "CSI: Miami" debut. ("Heroes" was actually down even more, 33%, if you include NBC's heavily protested move to push Nielsen last fall to roll its Saturday repeat rating into its premiere). Clip show lead-in "Heroes: Countdown to the Premiere" (6 million, 2.6/7) placed third in the hour.

NBC's weaker standings gave CBS a clear opening to lead the night, and the network took it: CBS won its first premiere week Monday since 2002.

Proving that not every show is returning weaker than last year, CBS' "Two and a Half Men" (14.9 million, 5.3/12) -- whose repeats were on like a ratings champ nightlight during strike -- returned up 10% from last year to top the night with its best premiere rating in four years.

"How I Met Your Mother" (9.7 million, 4.0/10) retained the newfound energy the show built poststrike (Britney Spears, etc) and came back a very impressive 21% higher than last season. The second-season debut of "The Big Bang Theory" (9.4 million, 3.6/10) was down a tenth, however.

CBS' critically well-regarded new 9:30 p.m. series "Worst Week" (11 million, 3.8/9) lost 21% of its "Men" lead-in, putting a pothole in CBS' comedy block momentum that otherwise built with each successive show. It was also down 16% from the time period last year. Still, the relatively sluggish "Week" did little to hurt the 10 p.m premiere of "CSI: Miami" (16.9 million, 5.1/12), which was nonetheless up 11% from last season.

Overall, this is a very impressive Monday-night return for CBS that should give some hope (or sleepless nights) to rivals wondering if 2008-09 is inherently going to be lower than last year because of increased DVR penetration and the ongoing rise of cable. Mondays were once an evening that NBC dominated, but last night the network came in third. Let's see how NBC performs next week with its full regular lineup, which includes the premieres of "Chuck" and "My Own Worst Enemy."

In second place, ABC premiered a two-hour "Dancing" (21.1 million, 5.3/13), which was down only 9% from last year and was the night's most-watched show. In fact, this was ABC's most-viewed premiere week Monday since 1999. The 10 p.m. return of "Boston Legal" (9.4 million, 2.5/6) matched last season's bow to place last in the hour.

Fox placed fourth, with "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (5.8 million, 2.2/6) the lowest-rated show among the major broadcasters, dipping a tenth from last week, followed by "Prison Break" (5.9 million, 2.5/6).

The premiere week competition hit the CW, whose fourth week of "Gossip Girl" (3.4 million, 1.6/4) took a rough knock, down 20% from last week (but down only 9% in its target W18-34 demo). "One Tree Hill" also declined (3.1 million, 1.5/3) down 17%.

Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i98078f6e2a02095d813e50f90c164ae2

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »

:tup: Dancing With The Stars Julianne Hough in a Juicy Fruit commercial

I'm pretty sure that the vocalist in this commercial was one and same Julianne Hough. Her singing career has done well since DWTS 6, particularly in Nashville.