Author Topic: BB10 contestant Libra Thompson *jury*  (Read 16782 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
BB10 contestant Libra Thompson *jury*
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »
Libra

myspace

*A 31 year old who’s from a predominantly white neighborhood, she’s a black mother of 3 and an Obama supporter in Bush country. She has a pair of rare twins.* -- Props to CornerOfficeX

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:12:14 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: BB10 contestant Libra Thompson
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »

Hometown: Spring, TX
Marital Status: Married

Libra is a staunch Obama supporter living in the heart of Bush country. She attended Rice University where she earned a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and Economics. Because of her strong personality, Libra has always stood out in the group at predominantly white schools. She has been married for seven years and has three children: a 4-year old girl and recently gave birth to a medical rarity... 4-month old twins, one black and one white. Her husband is comfortable staying at home with the kids and will be rooting Libra on all the way. Libra is a staunch Obama supporter living in the heart of Bush country.

She has a relationship with her mother but doesn't know her father and has only met him one time that she can remember. She considers politics very important and has voted in every election for which she was eligible. She played volleyball in the NCAA Division and loved being a college athlete. She loves to shop, enjoys running, likes to gossip and hang out with family and friends.

Libra describes herself as intuitive and spunky and is most proud of her children. Oprah Winfrey is her hero because she has surpassed all the odds to become a top figure in television where she has influence on the American culture. The men she is attracted to include Jude Law, Rob Lowe, Matthew McConaughey and Nick from Big Brother 8. She'd love to become a singer but doesn't believe it will ever happen.

Her birth date is August 6, 1976.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:28:57 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »
 :lol:  "she has a pair of rare twins".... hmmm... I don't know, her boobies look pretty ordinary to me...  :funny:   

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
my favorite so far.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »
:lol:  "she has a pair of rare twins".... hmmm... I don't know, her boobies look pretty ordinary to me...  :funny:  
OMG! you are SO bad  :funny:

MEN  :meow:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »
I'm still in shock that she has left her 4 month old twins to do this...

OTOH, many new Mom's might PAY to leave twins at 4AM some nights!!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 03:40:51 PM »
Happily married, multiracial  marriage
Mother of a 4 yr old and 4 mo old twins-one black, one white
:lol: at her mother going oh lord--they white...
Went to Rice..plans to play down her "smarts"
Fully expecting to be judged by Mom's for leaving her babies
Committed to herself and her husband so no orgies for her but more than willing to be a matchmaker
Worried about house hygiene too (where are the baby wipes? :lol:)
A staunch Republican will be her Kryptonite--big Obama supporter
Will go do dishes or something to avoid an argument
Willing to throw challenges to not appear too strong at the start
played volleyball in college
Doesn't smoke or drink--no scandals in her past
Big BB fan
Beauiful singing voice--not being able to sing in the house is going to kill her...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:31:39 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline yecal59

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »
She's from where I live, so hopefully she represents well.  I know you guys want the drama.  Just don't want people to think everyone from Spring is crazy!!  Strong opinions yes, raving lunatic no.

Nuala

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »
I will be interested in knowing more about her.....she must be a strong woman!!!!  Dang she gave birth to twins.  That is wild in itself to me.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »
And she went to Rice - I live around the corner from there.  very prestigious university in Houston so she's a smart one.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »
Meet Libra, the "chameleon mom", and a house guest on the ALL NEW SEASON of Big Brother! Only on CBS!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »
:hearts: Libra
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 10:30:19 AM »
If she went to Rice she is one smart cookie!!  Wow 3 Texans in the house, will they be smart enough to bond?  Spring is around the corner from me ~ I am in Cypress.  Magnolia is not ver far from Spring so maybe her and Jerry could become friends.

Offline MommyLove3

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:22:02 AM by MommyLove3 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »
video thanks to WLBB

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
Libra interviews

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:54:03 PM by puddin »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: BB10 contestant Libra Thompson *jury*
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »
House Calls exit interview with Libra

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: BB10 contestant Libra Thompson *jury*
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »
exit interview with ew.com

Having been unanimously evicted last night, Libra Thompson is the first tenant of the Big Brother jury house! Since her job now is to figure who should win the $500,000, we can’t ask her about things she hasn’t seen or heard while playing the game -- like who Renny, the new head of household, will put up for nomination on Sunday, or whether April is better looking than Keesha (seriously, like there’s even a question). But we can ask her about going to Hawaii, her thoughts about Jerry, and whether April was right to think she sucks at veto competitions.

POPWATCH: First, a question that I believe is on the mind of every woman who watches this show: Why does it seem like you and the other gals have endless supplies of clothing, and yet we only see you walk out with a relatively small gym bag?

LIBRA THOMPSON: I brought an enormous suitcase, over 100 pounds in weight. It was worth it for sure. You definitely need to have outfits to look as fresh as you can if you’re going to be in the house for three months. We also did a lot of mixing and matching.

Almost immediately, Julie hit you with the question about leaving your small children to play the game. How much was this an issue in the house? Did your fellow players talk about it?

My fellow players respected my decision. No one threw that in my face. They wouldn’t have the nerve. Most understood that at the end of the day, I could win $500,000 for my kids.

Let’s go back to that fateful veto competition when you took the Hawaiian trip away from Michelle. Did you give the letters a thought?

This is the most ridiculous thing to me, people asking me why I didn’t get the letter from home. You play the game with the idea that you’re going to eventually win HOH, and one of the perks of being HOH is getting a letter from home. In that moment I was thinking not only can I [eventually] win HOH, I can also get a trip to Hawaii!

Michelle was so angry.

She did not handle it well at all. She threw a tantrum and cried halfway through the night. I can honestly say that if the shoe was on the other foot, she would have taken the trip.

At the feast, you made a sarcastic comment about Keesha wanting to wear some of April’s new clothes. It got back to Keesha, who immediately gave you crap.

Honestly, what I really meant to say was that she was kissing April’s ass. If you’ve seen the show, you’ve seen Keesha in one room, sharing her true feelings about April, but when we’re all together, she’s like, 'I never had any problem with you!' Blah blah, I’m calling bulls--- on that! I was over it at the feast. I started thinking, "April is your friend today, Keesha, but tomorrow, she’ll be a b----, just like you’re always calling her."

You and April ultimately seemed like a bad combo. Why did you align with her?

It’s one of those things that you tend to think that, for the moment, it’s going to work but it’s not going to be for the duration.

April didn’t think you could be counted on to win veto comps.

That made me mad, and then I won, so…kiss my a--!

Jessie told everyone that a banner flown over the house said something about how you couldn’t be trusted. Did you believe him?

I just want to say, I was little bit proud to have a banner. Who has banners? At least people know my name. My thought was "Oh, s---, this will mess me up from a strategic standpoint." Now banners are going up with my name attached! I think everyone took it with a grain of salt, though it gave them something to wonder about. I honestly don’t know what the banner said, though April had her suspicions. She said what if it said Keesha was a liar? (Editor's note: A CBS insider said the banner had nothing to do with the game.)

What are your thoughts about Jerry?

Jerry is a dirty old man. There are things he did in that house that you guys need to see on YouTube. He’s not gingerly [sic] or grandfather-y. He loves the women, and he loves to keep himself in the mix as much as I do, but Jerry stands behind the honor of being a Marine, the whole truth and loyal thing, while at same time throwing as much dirt and lies around as everybody else.

Did you think he was going to exercise the veto this week?

I thought, honestly Jerry, you are killing me. Calling Dan a Judas?  I thought it was a bit much. And if he was going to use it, I thought he was going to save Keesha.

Who do you think is going make it to the final two?

Honestly, this game is a toss-up. Typically in other seasons the stronger players throw out weaker ones in the beginning, but it has flip-flopped this time. I have no idea.

Who is your favorite BB player of all time?

Everyone loves Janelle, while I like Will. He’s the puppet master, while apparently I am the puppet mistress. I’m going to take that with honor!