Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 540717 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2008, 02:12:28 AM »
Heee... GMTA! She must think we are nuts!  :funny:

Well, we are pretty sure green bandana is not who she saw, I like your "mia" actress find from this morning much better.

The pic of Lee hee Jung is a remarkable resemblance, but are we to have no "real" people at all?? ???

But great work!  :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »
Her name is Lee Hee Jung. Are they the same person?

I'd say yes JonLover  :tup:

Offline JonLover

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2008, 02:27:16 AM »
Her name is Lee Hee Jung. Are they the same person?

I'd say yes JonLover  :tup:

Yes, puddin, my friends and I think that they are the same. We saw 6 teams of mactors at TARA 2. Probably, Mckay picked another six this time. Since the formula is still working, he's not ready to cast more ordinary people. It will happen but not this season. :lala

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »
For those interested in learning more about Hanoi (a place that probably few of us have ever visited), here is some information on it from today's Travel Unraveled Newsletter of Newsday.com:

Hanoi Info

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »
I couldn't tell if the blogger was writing about a past event, and therefore could be TARA3, or whether it is some copycat event running atm.

FWIW from here
(bolded text is mine)

An exciting start to an eventful vacation.

On our way to Chennai, my brother and I bumped into a team from the next season of the Amazing Race at the Singapore airport.

Possible spoilers from the next Amazing Race Season ahead.

(Hereafter, "we" refers to me and my elder brother.)

We first noticed them after boarding the same Hong Kong - Singapore flight. Seeing their backpacks and the two cameramen behind, our immediate guess was that they were part of the Amazing Race. However, I didn't get a good look at them when they zipped past my seat and also, I was pretty tired then, so I spent all the time aboard sleeping rather than trying to find out if the guess was right. My brother usually acts as if such things are no big deal, so he didn't snoop around either.

After getting off at the Singapore airport, we were still discussing the possibility while standing in line for our next boarding pass at the Air India counter when they came and stood behind us. We immediately asked them THE question (if they were part of the Amazing Race) and lady said "We don't know what you are talking about."

It wasn't rocket science to figure out the instructions they had - that is to not say anything about the show. We spent few minutes with them and gathered quite a bit of information. The two contestants were representing Philippines, their next destination was Cochin, India (we even got a peek at the blue note with the globe symbol). Since no other team was around, and I think they mentioned a 2 hour lead over another (with some Simon?), my guess is that they were among the final few contestants.

Below is the picture I took with the team in the background (they couldn't pose - they aren't allowed to!). Notice the yellow-red flag and the backpacks with the number 9.

photo to follow in a minute :tup:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:48:38 AM by Mrs Shrek »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »
here is the photo of the contestants

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »
My program tells me the date the photo was taken was 08/05/31 so I think this does fit with the time line already known? :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

So we might have a photo of the Phillipines team, the potential first name of another contestant (Simon) and suggested evidence that the teams went to Cochin, India after Hong Kong (via Singapore)

:sucks :wohoo: :sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »
Very nice find Mrs Shrek  :yess: :jumpy:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
Is this the same team do you think?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »
For sure Mrs Shrek! they are the Mactors, Geoff Rodriguez and Tisha Silang.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:52 PM »
Wonderful Mrs Shrek!!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

And they look the same to me! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »
I'm not really a cynic (honest :angel: ) but I typed the following keywords into google Simon "asia" celebrity
and came up with a bunch of hits for a Hong Kong actor by the name of Simon Yam Tat-Wah
I discounted him at first because of his age, but he looks a lot younger in his photo.

(more photos can be found of him here)
The only slightly possible match that I could find from our current photo spoilers is the guy in the cap from the "black rectangle" pair from Jonlover's photo (at the bottom of page 7) of the bug eating task, but I'm pretty hopeless with face comparisons, so someone else might be able to spot something that definately rules him out as a match. :duno:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »
Mrs. Shrek, the simple answer is yes, May 31 could fit the timeline. ARA3 started on or before May 18 and was over no earlier than June 7)20 days).

EDiTOR's Note - Corrected from original version.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:30:09 PM by apskip »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
Mrs. Shrek, the simple answer is no, that photo does not fit the timeline. ARA3 started on or before April 18 and was over by no later than May 15 and probably seversal days earlier.

I thought TARA started filming mid may, about the same time TAR13 finished filming :duno: Am I confused?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »
You are correct Mrs Shrek...TAR3 began filming on probably May 18 or 19 (cannot be 100% on this but inside info suggests these dates are correct  ;)) and we think may have finished about June 8....

08/05/31 translates as May 31 2008 for us westerners! :lol:

I love it!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »
Mrs. Shrek, the simple answer is no, that photo does not fit the timeline. ARA3 started on or before April 18 and was over by no later than May 15 and probably seversal days earlier.

I thought TARA started filming mid may, about the same time TAR13 finished filming :duno: Am I confused?

Peach: I stand corrected(and have done that to the original version of my post). I had this in my head wrong, but the timeline is quite clear on which month it started.
Thank you for getting it right.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
It's okay apskips, sometimes I'm a puddin head too   :angel:

Offline JonLover

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2008, 12:19:28 AM »
here is the photo of the contestants

Puddin says: For sure Mrs Shrek! they are the Mactors, Geoff Rodriguez and Tisha Silang.

Yes, there is no doubt that the lady in the picture is Tisha Silang and the man is her boyfriend, Geoff. This is confirmed by some people who know the models.

Great find Mrs. Shrek.

So, after Hong Kong, they went to Cochin, India via Singapore.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2008, 10:04:22 AM »
The prior post states that ARA3 teams go from HongKong to Cochin India via Singapore. There are more direct ways of getting to Cochin(now known as Kochi after the non-British naming convention was restored in India). Those include HKG BLR and BLR COK connecting in Bangalore and HKG BOM and BOM COK connecting in Mumbai. However, in spite of being a longer route the shorter layover makes this connection through Singapore the preferred one:

SQ863 HKG SIN 1330 1710 connecting with SQ5368 2020 2210

That would have given Allan Wu less than 3 hours in Singapore airport with his family.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2008, 09:57:41 PM »
What do you all think of this?

MidwayHaven at Sucks posted this:

they came to John Hay, here in Baguio City (eta: Philippines) ...and I was just around the corner.

Here is some more info:

Camp John Hay (CJH) is Baguio's most popular destination. A beautiful resort in the mountains it features a golf course, hotels, shopping & a convention center, among other attractions.
This former rest and recreation facility of the U.S. Armed Forces is older than the city itself. For almost the whole of the 20th century it is what made Baguio City in the Philippines "Little America."

In 1903 Camp John Hay was designed as the rest & recreational facility for the US Military and Department of Defense in the Far East.

The facility, which was named after U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt's Secretary of State, was used by the Japanese as a concentration camp for American and British soldiers during WWII. It was also used as their military head-quarters when General Yama****a moved up north from Manila towards the end of the Japanese Occupation of the Philippines.

This 690-hectare property was finally turned over to the Philippines 1991 upon the expiration of the R.P.-U.S. Bases Agreement. From 1991 to 1997 Filipinos ran the former U.S. Air Force recreational facility for the first time as a resort, operating all the popular and familiar spots as close to the originals as possible: 19th Tee, Halfway House, Mile-Hi, Lone Star, Main Club.

Since 1997 it has been in the hands of a private developer on a long term lease. It boasts of private vacation houses, hotels and lodging facilities, including the most popular Baguio hotel, Camp John Hay Manor, a shopping center called Mile-Hi Center with numerous restaurants and stores, and a newly-built  convention center. Jack Niclaus redesigned what is literally the coolest golf course in the Philippines into a competition golf course that continues to host the annual Fil-Am Golf Tournament.

The Philippine government has retained a portion of the property and maintains the Historical Core featuring a museum at the Commander's Cottage, Bell Ampitheater, a Butterfly Sanctuary. And the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) runs Igorot Lodge.

Recreational activities include an EcoTrail, Picnic Grounds, Mini Golf, Pony Rentals, Paintball & Wall Climbing.

LINK

Map:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »
I'm liking this! :jumpy:

A great hotel:
http://www.cjhhotels.com/index.html

A funky cemetary:  :lol: (sounds great for a task!!)
"Tucked in one of the quiet corners of CJH, is a quaint cemetery where the "greatest negativisms of all times" were buried. In the early 1980s, base commander John Hightower enjoined all camp employees to think of the negative thoughts and attitudes that impeded their productivity at work, and symbolically buried them all there. A mock funeral was even held to complete the act.

Today, the Lost Cemetery (others refer to it as pet cemetery because of funny animal characters that rest atop each gravestone, although not a single animal was ever buried there) serves as one of the tourist attractions inside John Hay. Years after it was built, the epitaphs on markers still continue to elicit smiles with their decidedly American wit. "

And even a McArthur Totem Pole!

What more could we ask?? :funny:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:20:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »
What do you all think of this?

MidwayHaven at Sucks posted this:

they came to John Hay, here in Baguio City (eta: Philippines) ...and I was just around the corner.

I read it and ignored it, thats what I think until he posts some proof or date or something.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2008, 11:51:13 PM »
They posted that originally back on page 2 of the Sucks TARA spoiler thread (post 24). It was posted on 05/09/08 and they said "Last month TARA3 was sighted in and around my place.... which made me discount the sighting simple because TARA3 hadn't started filming then... :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2008, 12:16:41 AM »
Well shoot! That purely...sucks! :lol:

Darn...I liked the look of that place!  But thanks Mrs Shrek!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
 :js: Hong Kong on 5/29

Date and Time (Original): 2008:05:29 17:58:47