Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666174 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #725 on: June 26, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »
Thanks Boingo & Slowhatch. The boats are puzzling ..

heres another site to search but I came up empty, maybe someone will have better luck.

eta: maybe the air boat is part of the safety expo? some are manufactured in Russia.

:duno:  Maybe we can approach this problem from the manufacturers side.  Air boat kinda looks like these Ivanoff Hovercraft AB models (Sweden).  hmm, the safety thing maybe be that these boats are marketed as "rescue boats"

Their site is soooo slooow, and I'm too bored to wait.   :groan:   Maybe peach can call them and ask if they were exhibiting there.   :funny:   Just kidding.   :lol: :angel:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #726 on: June 26, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »
"Hovercraft"   :groan: I couldn't find the word Boingo!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:25:09 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #727 on: June 26, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »
........and this is Matts photo mentioned above

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #728 on: June 26, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
I wasn't totally sure where to put this, so Moderators please feel free to move it if there is a more appropriate place :tup:

Found a blog of a guy who seems to be maybe doing some work experience or something in the area of television production and has had some involvement with TAR:

From the week of June 1st, 2008
Friday: I just worked all day and night. Though I did have my first experience at Sizzler as the Amazing Race loggers all decided to go out to lunch together. Where over an unlimited salad bar we talked about reality TV and more reality TV.

From the week of June 15th, 2008
Monday: It was my last day at The Amazing Race. It was definitely a good learning experience just sitting right next to the producers’ table and listening to them talk about story lines — good both if I ever wanted to get into unscripted/”reality” TV and in general for writing. I even got to leave early.

Link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #729 on: June 26, 2008, 05:15:19 PM »
Sounds like he is friends with the Amazing Race logger/ transcribers Mrs Shrek  :tup:

fwiw, here are some photos of the Moscow Integrated Safety and Security Exhibition , note the logo, stripes and blue lights on the vehicles. Doesn't narrow down the date much though so  blahblah

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #730 on: June 26, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »
This shot was taken here between 4:14 and 4:53 pm  (assumes May 11th).

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:26:09 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #731 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:29 PM »
Thats kinda late. They seem to either be the last team to get in to the final 3, or the last team to check in. I would guess last to get in the top 3. Most of the time, the last team comes in under the dark of the night.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #732 on: June 27, 2008, 04:00:07 PM »
Puddin, any luck on the date for that Pit Stop shot?

Weather Underground supports May 11th just barely.  May 10th is Matt's picture date for set up (no hovercraft).  And May 12th and 13th have overcast conditions that look harder to accommodate the sunlight that we do see.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #733 on: June 27, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
No not yet Chateau, but heres a few pictures to add to the pitstop one above, some clouds

(message on the way Chateau)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:27:01 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #734 on: June 27, 2008, 04:58:20 PM »
I think we can pin it to May 11th because the shot you just put up has drying rain puddles from rain that shows up on weather underground at 9:30 am.  That shot looks like about around noon from the shadows.  May 12th had no rain.  May 13th had rain but that's too late to allow for our finish in Portland on the 14th.

Why no people there?   :duno:

So it could be the 11th or the 13th.  The 13th has WU overcast info that makes the 11th look more likely.  But it is way to weak to make a firm conclusion.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:02:07 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #735 on: June 27, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »
I think we can pin it to May 11th because the shot you just put up has drying rain puddles from rain that shows up on weather underground at 9:30 am.  That shot looks like about around noon from the shadows.  May 12th had no rain.  May 13th had rain but that's too late to allow for our finish in Portland on the 14th.

Why no people there?   :duno:

Good catch Chateau :)
I'll never understand that whole IDL thing  :lol:, they are 8 hours ahead of us? Does that make a difference?  :-[
How long is it from Moscow to Frankfurt to Portland? I'm not good at this.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:27:48 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #736 on: June 27, 2008, 07:04:07 PM »
puddin, Frankfurt is 6 hours ahead of us here in EST,  and Moscow is 8 hours ahead, making it about 4AM Sat there now compared to 8 PM here....
 :waves:
But then Frankfurt will be 9 hours  ahead of Portland... meaning they can arrive a couple of hours after when they left! :lol:

Nice job on the location and times, guys!  :hearts:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:07:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #737 on: June 27, 2008, 07:09:45 PM »

puddin, this information is readily available in the Timetables and Flight Information thread(indeed one of the reasons it exists is to answer questions like that).

The answer is LH3189 0705 0825 DME FRA followed by LH468 0945 1120 FRA PDX

The question is on what date was the flight from Moscow to Frankfurt. If Chateau's latest information is accurate, then it appears that there is another city between departure from Moscow early morning of May 12 and departure from Frankfurt mid-morning on May 14. So the answer to the question probably is that there was no flight from Moscow to Frankfurt because it went somewhere else in Europe and that other place then had the flight into Frankfurt.

By the way Chateau, your statement that "May 13th had rain but that's too late to allow for our finish in Portland on the 14th" is clearly not valid since from the flight information above you can see that teams could have had a pitstop before 6pm May 13 in Moscow and easily gotten to Portland when we know that they did.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #738 on: June 27, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »

puddin, this information is readily available in the Timetables and Flight Information thread(indeed one of the reasons it exists is to answer questions like that).

The answer is LH3189 0705 0825 DME FRA followed by LH468 0945 1120 FRA PDX

The question is on what date was the flight from Moscow to Frankfurt. If Chateau's latest information is accurate, then it appears that there is another city between departure from Moscow early morning of May 12 and departure from Frankfurt mid-morning on May 14. So the answer to the question probably is that there was no flight from Moscow to Frankfurt because it went somewhere else in Europe and that other place then had the flight into Frankfurt.

By the way Chateau, your statement that "May 13th had rain but that's too late to allow for our finish in Portland on the 14th" is clearly not valid since from the flight information above you can see that teams could have had a pitstop before 6pm May 13 in Moscow and easily gotten to Portland when we know that they did.

Well its easier to ask then to search through 5 pages, thanks apskips  :tup: . An update, all in 1 post, the first post in Timetables and Flight Information thread would be nice.

Also, the thing is, Matt's photo dates end on May 13th...why is he hanging around in Russia?

example below: Date 5/13/08  time 5/24 pm

Then we had this insurance thingy, not sure what to make of the dates.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #739 on: June 27, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »

I was just coming back to fix that.   :tup:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #740 on: June 27, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »
puddin, I cannot say why Matt is hanging around Russia, but probably beacuse he is not assigned to work either the next leg or Portland.

The most vital information in Timetables and Flight Information thread is my timetables. they are distinctive. You just have to look for the most recent one. It never takes 5 pages going backward form the present and sometimes can be less than one page.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: June 28, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »
I was thinking, I know someone from Russia. Is there anything that we might need to know location wise? Maybe more about the Art Center?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #742 on: June 28, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've got it! The vehicles/boats seen behind Phil at the pit stop were most likely put in place on May 13th with the Security Exhibition (ISSE) at the All-Russia Exhibition Center in Moscow on 14-18 May 2008. Perhaps they bring the larger vehicles in first? Does that make sense?

From this forum

MARS-700

Main entrance to the exhibition

eta: one more from out pitstop photo taker which matchs the exhibit from the military forum
[

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:09:22 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2008, 12:09:49 PM »
I think you got it solid!

Can you imagine BVM's consternation when the boats were wheeled in on top of his Pit Stop!   (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #744 on: June 28, 2008, 12:15:20 PM »
Maybe he BVM was happy that Phil had some sort of hidden place near the vehicles  :lol:? I wonder how many tourist though Phil was part of the expo?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #745 on: June 28, 2008, 12:42:58 PM »
:yess: Great job!

Hmm, from Slowhatch's timetable we have an exhibition period from 14-18 May and a lease period from 11-19 May. So it still doesn't rule out the 11th, as that could be when they'd be rolling in the boats?

(Phil's not exactly the poster boy for safety, though...)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #746 on: June 28, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
The look on their faces:  It's a rap.

Matt had been hanging out with this babushka for several days.  First in the afternoon of May 10th with the Lamborghini after seeing Bulgakov's flat, the morning of the 11th at a cafe, and 7 minutes later at Bulgakov's flat, followed by Red Square into the afternoon, Bulgakov's flat again on the morning of the 13th, and this shot, still at Bulgakov's flat at 5:24 pm on the 13th.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:59:01 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #747 on: June 28, 2008, 01:47:07 PM »
:yess: Great job!

Hmm, from Slowhatch's timetable we have an exhibition period from 14-18 May and a lease period from 11-19 May. So it still doesn't rule out the 11th, as that could be when they'd be rolling in the boats?

(Phil's not exactly the poster boy for safety, though...)
Killjoy!  :lol: ! We need more research, I agree. And peach might have found a connection but she must be at work :ascared

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #748 on: June 28, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »
peach is working WAY too hard! :lol:

I'm thinking it is very possible that our Pitstop photo taker saw TAR in Moscow on 5/13...

From the collection there was this photo with the caption as shown:

Now on May 14 the St Petersburg team won the UEFA cup final

For comparison:
http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20080514/01.jpg

So if this is taken in Moscow and not St Pete--then we know our photographer was still in Moscow on May 14, which makes it sure that our photographer was there on the 13th... They are moving around and of course we can't be sure how long or when exactly they were in Moscow...but I still am liking Moscow as the last stop before home for TAR 13.

Combined with y'all's exhibition dates, then May 13 would remain a very good possibility.

Especially when you remember this Portland sighting:
so, my boyfriend saw them in customs and he thought they had come from Moscow before PDX.

But if the pic is taken in St Pete (where the photographer also was), then that makes it harder to sort out our picture date (Moscow might have been sooner) ...

So come on Detectives! Find that building!  :jam:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #749 on: June 28, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »

So come on Detectives! Find that building!  :jam:

Are there other pictures in the series which might have a readable view of a car licence plate? Could be a bit faster to trace than the building?