Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666116 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #550 on: June 07, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
 :lol:  because I can, again.... Matts blue/white building is the Terminal Marítimo (Salvador)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:19:04 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
I'm organized now! But I feel bad for Matt, yeah I have a conscience. So I know some of you saved the photos as well but do whatever you want to do with them. Me? I'm going to make mine private for the detectives so just message me if you want to see the pictures and I'll give you the password to access them and they can pass it on to the other detectives :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
As pointed out by schwarzmoor  --maybe the son/mom team dated May 3rd but we (that would be Chateau) suspect the photographer may-not have his camera's time set correct

Tonle Sap

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:41:21 PM by puddin »

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
Oh! Mom is really in the pic. I originally thought she is one of the locals. :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #554 on: June 07, 2008, 09:53:23 PM »
They must have picked up a very dedicated Fern.

Boingo
Oh, and for future reference, gleaned from that whiteboard...

I am so embarrassed.  I always thought Hayma was female.   :ascared

I've got some good leads on the camera's time.  There is one shot of a wrist watch that says 11:12 am on May 7th.  While the camera says it was 9:42 on May 7th (India).  It may be country dependent too.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #555 on: June 07, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
The camera says 2007 too...   ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #556 on: June 07, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »
I agree that apart from the obvious error of the year being wrong, it doesn't look like the camera is changed to the correct local time. (and I guess it would be a pretty low priority on most peoples to do list if you were tired and moving to a new time zone every couple of days)
The time error can be easily be seen on the daytime picture of the skytower

The details on the original pic suggests it was Taken On: 2007:05:01 07:00:51 but sunrise is only at approximately 07:00 in Auckland on May 1 (using data from this site here and it doesn't look like a picture taken at dawn to me

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:55:20 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #557 on: June 07, 2008, 11:41:14 PM »
This shot was taken here:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:20:22 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2008, 12:07:32 AM »

From Neobie: :sucks

So he was in:

Salvador de Bahia from 19 to 25 Apr (Cluebox there on the 24th)
Auckland from 27 to 30 Apr
Cambodia from 3 to 5 May (Phil's there on the 3rd; it's Tonle Sap on the 3rd and the 4th, Angkor Wat on the 5th)Delhi from 6 to 9 May
Moscow from 10 to 13 May

Okay, I'm a bit confused about the dates here.

We know teams can only arr Auckland May 2 due to being seen in Santaigo airport 4/30 and "losing" a day due to the Int Dateline, which would mean Auckland May2-3. That is also when Phil is seen departing the airport.

We  KNOW thanks to mutiple sightings that teams are seen at Angkor Wat on May 4.

I do not believe we have any sightings on May 5 except an airport one I believe must be mistaken on the date.

We have 2 very reliable Bangkok and Siem Reap airport sightings on the 6th.

(I have been puzzling over this and just respoken with Justin who confirms:
As for the racers, it was the 9:50am flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok on Tuesday May 6th.

SO I have been thinking that May 5 could have been an extended pitstop?

Do the times on these shots make us question any of that? Or would those times help in sorting out the actual vs recorded camera times??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2008, 12:31:25 AM »
I think you are right Peach.  I had totally missed that 24 hours had vanished in the timeline in Siem Reap.  So I changed Siem Reap's PS from 12 to 36 and things look good.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2008, 01:28:04 AM »
So much to digest in one day thanks to schwarzmoor

Most interesting to me is the 3 legs in South America and the 9 tags at the Auckland Skytower Fast Forward? (with #1 missing) pointed out by Neobie so we either have ..
11 to start,
2 or 3 teams eliminated in South America ..(3 legs)
8 or 9 teams going to Auckland
8 or 7 teams going into Cambodia
7 or 6 teams going to India (I'll go with 6, lol)

Is that Fast Forward sign at the Auckland tower always there or is it for the race? It doesn't look very racy to me  :lol:

(Betsey's photos are a great find as well Neobie)

Great job finding the places in the photo's everyone  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:41:57 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: June 08, 2008, 01:47:50 AM »
So much to digest in one day thanks to schwarzmoor

Most interesting to me is the 3 legs in South America and the 9 tags at the Auckland Skytower Fast Forward? (with #1 missing) pointed out by Neobie so we either have ..
11 to start,
2 or 3 teams eliminated in South America ..(3 legs)
8 or 9 teams going to Auckland
8 or 7 teams going into Cambodia
7 or 6 teams going to India (I'll go with 6, lol)

Is that Fast Forward sign at the Auckland tower always there or is it for the race? It doesn't look very racy to me  :lol:

(Betsey's photos are a great find as well Neobie)

Great job finding the places in the photo's everyone  :jumpy:

oh man the site of one of howard and sarans many breakdowns in tara1  :lol:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2008, 01:50:45 AM »

SO I have been thinking that May 5 could have been an extended pitstop?

Do the times on these shots make us question any of that? Or would those times help in sorting out the actual vs recorded camera times??

The pics taken in NZ have the time stamp from 04/27- 05/01 so the date could also be a day out (maybe he left his camera on a US time zone?)

I think until we work out what the 'time error' on the camera is, the times can only really be used relative to each other ie: Photo A was taken 15 hrs before Photo B etc

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2008, 01:52:35 AM »

I am relatively sure that FF sign is not usually there, but it doesn't look particularly racy either :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »

I am relatively sure that FF sign is not usually there, but it doesn't look particularly racy either :lol:

Nothing like screaming "HEY EVERYBODY THE AMAZING RACE IS HERE!" right Mrs Shrek  :lol: ?
Maybe we can get a past racer to fill us in if they've seen this before? :angel:

eta: so the #1 is missing maybe it really is in progress? or is the staff clowning around?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2008, 03:03:17 AM »
With Puddin's help, we've been able to grab this off the photos...

1) The time is accurate in Moscow, comparing the EXIF data to the clock at the Kremlin.

2) Comparing the sunset at Salvador (5.22pm on 24 Apr) and Matt's watch in Delhi, the camera clock wasn't changed all the way through, and has been in sync with GMT +4. (When it's 5.22pm in Brazil at GMT -3, the camera thinks it's 12.22am; when it's 11.12am in Delhi at GMT +5.30, the camera thinks it's 9.42am.)

3) That means he last set his camera clock to somewhere in the region of... Armenia/Azerbaijan/Georgia, Mauritius/Reunion/Seychelles and Oman?!

So...

1) For Brazil, add one year, then minus 7 hours. (This assumes the clue box was set up on the 24th.)
2) For Auckland, add one year, then 8 hours.
3) For Cambodia, add one year, then 3 hours.
4) For India, add one year, and another 1.5 hours.
5) For Moscow, use the time stamp; but the date depends on whether he moved the time forwards or backwards.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:19:12 AM by Neobie »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2008, 03:11:59 AM »
3) That means he last set his camera clock to somewhere in the region of... Armenia/Azerbaijan/Georgia, Mauritius/Reunion/Seychelles and Oman?!

The fact that the date is also out by a year suggests that he didn't really bother setting it properly in the first place. Are we certain the day of the photos is correct, or could they be out by +/- 1 day also?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2008, 03:37:02 AM »
I'm just focussing on the Auckland set of pics at the moment.

Based on that time offset for his camera, the first blurry photo of the sky tower taken at night is quite likely to be taken when the crew first arrived in NZ cos 18:58 +6hrs gives a time of around 1am on 04/28

The Maori guy's pictures are around 17:00 on 04/30 and may be able to be confirmed from the watch picture below?

But this makes the photos of the Fast Forward and the blonde girl between 04:50am and 6am, which given the sky walk is usually open between 10am to 4.30pm, and it is winter time too, seems a bit unusual. I would have thought doing it in the dark wouldn't be as scarey cos you couldn't see the ground. :duno:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:01:06 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2008, 03:51:30 AM »

The sign definately wasn't in the pic taken a couple of days before hand.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:21:31 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2008, 08:11:20 AM »
Two items from recently:

1. The Fast Forward sign does not have to be "sexy" because it is seldom going to be seen on the final TV edit of an Amazing Race. That sign is primarily for the benefit of other teams who may arrive at any time.

2. The fact that the number board below it has 9 numbers is not very relevant for anything. The highest number of Fast Forward-aspiring teams I can ever remember (and that may have been on Amazing Race Asia) is 3. Any team that wants to stay in the competition is not going to compete for the Fast Forward after another team has arrived unless they can figure out that it will be short (such as the Gaghan family in AR8 Family Edition).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »
With Puddin's help, we've been able to grab this off the photos...

1) The time is accurate in Moscow, comparing the EXIF data to the clock at the Kremlin.

2) Comparing the sunset at Salvador (5.22pm on 24 Apr) and Matt's watch in Delhi, the camera clock wasn't changed all the way through, and has been in sync with GMT +4. (When it's 5.22pm in Brazil at GMT -3, the camera thinks it's 12.22am; when it's 11.12am in Delhi at GMT +5.30, the camera thinks it's 9.42am.)

So...

1) For Brazil, add one year, then minus 7 hours. (This assumes the clue box was set up on the 24th.)
2) For Auckland, add one year, then 8 hours.
3) For Cambodia, add one year, then 3 hours.
4) For India, add one year, and another 1.5 hours.
5) For Moscow, use the time stamp; but the date depends on whether he moved the time forwards or backwards.

Neobie, Moscow is GMT +3. Since Moscow and London are both on Daylight Savings Time (and were in May), there is no +/- adjustment to be made for differences in DST status. the reason that it appears to you that the clock is GMT +4 is the Daylight Savings Time, but that does not alter the official time zone Moscow is in, it just shifts the entier time zone.

Also in DST+3 are Iraq (not likely), Saudi Arabia(quite possible), United Arab Emirates, Yemen, and several northeast African countries.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2008, 09:07:21 AM »
Oh, daylight saving! So he probably didn't adjust his camera clock - it's showing the same time in Russia's DST, all over the world.

Following this, Phil was at Tonle Sap on 4 May at 7.19am, and Mom/Son at 9.26am. Works into the grand scheme of things!

Teams arrive in Auckland morning of the 2nd and have a leg there. While they are having their Pit Stop, Phil sneaks onto a flight on the morning of the 3rd (thanks Apskip). As our racers get released, they take afternoon flights towards Cambodia, and get snagged on Hours of Operation that evening. The Cambodia leg then starts proper on the morning of the 4th - dragging on to give us the 11.30ish sightings at Angkor Wat!

Teams leave on the morning of the 6th, so something must have held up the teams. An extended Pit Stop (as mentioned earlier)? Highly possible.

The blurry Auckland Sky Tower would have been taken at 3am, 28 Apr; the jumpsuit girl at 3.20pm the next day; and Maori guy 7.07pm on 30 Apr. The Fast Forward's ready for use, and maybe even used (missing #1 tag), 2 May 6.51am. Does this make sense? (Something tells me the timings should be slightly later.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:37:55 AM by Neobie »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »
In the Salvador shots of the Matt picture set there is a Whiteboard reference to 19BC.  And 19 BC is shown on a building that he has shots of.

Turns out that 19 BC is military base:  2° Companhia do 19° Batalhão de caçadores Operacionais (You Tube Link here)

And if you watch the video you will see the Badge for the 19° BC.  That same Badge appears on the sticker that Mr. Purple Shirt wears.  But in the sticker it is in conjunction with Film Planet Group.  They boast about doing work for TAR before (Season 9).

I think in, sum and substance, 19 BC will turn out to be nothing more than just a dormitory for production.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:23:29 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2008, 01:24:57 PM »

Based on that time offset for his camera, the first blurry photo of the sky tower taken at night is quite likely to be taken when the crew first arrived in NZ cos 18:58 +6hrs gives a time of around 1am on 04/28

The Maori guy's pictures are around 17:00 on 04/30 and may be able to be confirmed from the watch picture below?

But this makes the photos of the Fast Forward and the blonde girl between 04:50am and 6am, which given the sky walk is usually open between 10am to 4.30pm, and it is winter time too, seems a bit unusual. I would have thought doing it in the dark wouldn't be as scarey cos you couldn't see the ground. :duno:

Neobie, I think you have it correct. LAN801 landed around 0355 on May 2 at Auckland International Airport. A Fast Forward dash would have ensued, with arrival in the 5am time frame by whichever teams went fof it. We know that at least one team did and that any others teams did nto stay at the Sky Tower.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2008, 03:01:09 PM »
 :lol:  Who knew? .... Rio Branco Palace and top of Elevador Lacerda are right next to each other...  :groan:

:funny: :snicker: ;) :lol:   oh well....   :-[

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:44:01 AM by puddin »