Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538737 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
TAR 34 Wishlist Destinations:
🤧😂

Pre-Leg: Los Angeles, California, USA 🇺🇲
Leg 1: USA > Baguio City, Benguet, Philippines 🇵🇭
Leg 2: Benguet > Santa Cruz, Laguna, Philippines 🇵🇭
Leg 3: Philippines > Jakarta, Indonesia 🇮🇩
Leg 4. Indonesia > Penang, George Town, Malaysia 🇲🇾
Leg 5: Malaysia > Ulaan Bator, Mongolia 🇲🇳
Leg 6: Mongolia > Doha, Qatar 🇶🇦
Leg 7: Qatar > Lalibela, Ethiopia 🇪🇹
Leg 8: Ethiopia > Sofia, Bulgaria 🇧🇬
Leg 9: Bulgaria > Ljubljana, Slovenia 🇸🇮
Leg 10: Slovenia > Dakar, Senegal 🇸🇳
Leg 11: Senegal > San Jose, Costa Rica 🇨🇷
Leg 12: Costa Rica > Houston, Texas, USA 🇺🇸

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
The idea of Antarctica being visited has often been a fun idea. I always assumed that if it actually happened, it would likely be an Asia-Europe-SA-Antarctica route with various non-flying legs (for cost purposes to cover for Antarctica). Here is one I created with that.

1. Busan, South Korea
2. Fukuoka, Japan (via ferry)
3. Sapporo, Japan (via train and ferry)
4. Vientiane, Laos
5. Northeastern Thailand (via bus/car, cross country via First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge)
6. Doha, Qatar
7. Sardinia, Italy
8. Rome, Italy (via ferry to mainland then car or something else to Rome)
9. Buenos Aires, Argentina
10. Ushuaia, Argentina
11. King George Island, Antarctica
12. Miami, USA

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 34 Wishlist

Leg 1: New York City, NY > Praia, Cape Verde
Leg 2: Praia, Cape Verde > Dakar, Senegal
Leg 3: Thies, Senegal
Leg 4: Thies, Senegal > Lisbon, Portugal
Leg 5: Lisbon, Portugal > Tampere, Finland
Leg 6: Hämeenlinna, Finland
Leg 7: Hämeenlinna, Finland > St. Petesburg, Russia
Leg 8: St. Petesburg, Russia > Medan, Indonesia
Leg 9: Medan, Indonesia > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Leg 10: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Leg 11: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Taipei, Taiwan
Leg 12: Taipei, Taiwan > Los Angeles, CA

US > Cape Verde > Senegal > Portugal > Finland > Russia > Indonesia > Malaysia > Taiwan

I would love an Africa start for a change.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline AFVet1982

• RFF Not So Newbie
Greetings all, I’m a longtime fan and first-time poster to the boards.  My oldest daughter and I hope to audition for a future TAR season once the pandemic has run its course and we’re all able to return to a more normal life.

I’d like to offer my thoughts on some proposed destinations and potential tweaks to the “race course.”  I’ll qualify my posting by letting everyone know that I’ve missed several seasons of TAR during its run and am now in the process of “catching up” by binge-watching with my wife.  So if I mention something below that was done in a season I either missed or have forgotten, please don’t beat me up too hard.

Starting Leg: St. Louis, Missouri, USA 🇺🇸
Leg 1: USA > London, England, U.K. 🇬🇧
Leg 12: Bolivia > Indianapolis, Indiana, USA 🇺🇸

First, I agree 100% with justmjlayson about featuring St Louis, Missouri on the program, either as a start or finish line.  St Louis has a lot of places that would provide opportunity for teams to do tasks that are similar to other seasons, that would also put a “local” stamp on the specific task.  Same for Kansas City.  It might be worth considering having multiple legs in the USA, especially towards the end, since that could fan the flames of speculation and maybe increase interest in the show.https://forum.realityfanforum.com/Smileys/classic/Picture_263.gif

To be honest, I’d like to see TAR visit some states that it hasn’t visited yet.  Perhaps they could start looking at cities that aren’t major metropolises, yet have a significant history and some unique aspects that might make for good TV.  Two examples I can think of are Omaha Nebraska (maybe something at Boys Town or film during the College World Series – starting the race right before a game or the championship series) and Colorado Springs, Colorado (Detour or Road Block at the Air Force Academy and another task involving the area’s mining history -- or maybe a drive up Pike's Peak to get a clue from the box).  I'm sure there are a lot of similarly-sized cities that would also make great start, end, or waypoints.

Now, time to get back to looking at the other boards….https://forum.realityfanforum.com/Smileys/classic/a020.gif

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Welcome to RFF, AFVet1982!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Looking forward to getting to know you, AFVet 1982!

:bigwelcome

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Teams having to find their own flights. Even if it ends up being the same flight, I like when they had to do it theirselves. If not, the race is just a live action video game where getting off the flight is a start of a level.
Not going to happen but it’s my wish lol

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Frozen inside so here's a fantasy route aiming at what TAR 25 tried for, accounting for it being 2020something whenever filming starts.

START - Catalina Is., CA
LEG 1 - Catalina Is., CA (it's kind of a trend for international seasons to have leg 1 in the start city so I don't see why that can't happen with TAR US, especially with a leg 1 NEL)
LEG 2 - Taipei, Taiwan
LEG 3 - Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
LEG 4 - Temburong, Brunei (I think to justify a Brunei visit, both in terms of cost and maybe bureaucracy you would need two legs)
LEG 5 - Mombasa, Kenya (I choose to assume that the world would be unproblematic enough that this wouldn't be a problem  :tup:)
LEG 6 - Valletta, Malta
LEG 7 - Djerba, Tunisia (see leg 5)
LEG 8 - Almere, Netherlands
LEG 9 - St. Joris Bay, Curacao
LEG 10A - Vinales, Cuba (i mean if we can have legs in uganda or bogota...)
LEG 10B - Havana, Cuba (yes it's a megaleg and while the name is dumb, I like the TAR 14 scenario of having a long leg determine the F3)
LEG 11 - Nantucket Is., MA (while Miami would be easier, I feel like this season lends itself to a more unique finish line :) )

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I’m not sure where to put this but I guess this is the closest

If there wasn’t a pandemic and TAR AUS 5 went as they originally planned (international) then I would’ve liked something like this. They said that they were looking into Brazil, Europe, and India before things got bad. Using that and the 2 episodes per week format, this is what my wishlist would’ve been from it:

(Filmed in winter on northern hemisphere)
1. Santiago, Chile
2. Mendoza, Argentina
3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4. Brazil (somewhere near Rio but not used in US TAR)
5. Munich, Germany
6. Vienna, Austria
7. Athens, Greece
8. Greece (driving outside of Athens)
9. Mumbai, India
10. Pune, India
11. Male, Maldives
12. Sydney, Australia

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
Leg 1: Denver, Colorado --> Queenstown, New Zealand
Leg 2: Queenstown, New Zealand --> Sydney, Australia 
Leg 3: Sydney, Australia --> Alice Springs, Australia
Leg 4: Alice Springs, Australia --> Chhukha, Bhutan
Leg 5: Chhukha, Bhutan --> Rishikesh, India
Leg 6: Rishikesh, India --> Nairobi, Kenya                 
Leg 7: Nairobi, Kenya --> Maralal, Kenya
Leg 8: Maralal, Kenya --> Riga, Latvia
Leg 9: Riga, Latvia --> Budapest, Hungary
Leg 10: Budapest, Hungary --> Amalfi Coast, Italy         
Leg 11: Amalfi Coast, Italy --> Banff, Canada
Leg 12: Banff, Canada --> Vancouver, Canada --> San Francisco, California
Wadsy

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Here is mine. This is definitely a US states edition where teams are able to race around the states this time, instead of families. This is a 14-team race where there is no stowaways, no First Class Pass, and no T-Junction. We can normalize this season as U-Turns, Yields, Fast Forwards, etc.

Starting Line: Houston, Texas
Leg 1: Texas > Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Leg 2: Louisiana > Little Rock, Arkansas
Leg 3: Arkansas > Montgomery, Alabama
Leg 4: Alabama > Nashville, Tennessee
Leg 5: Nashville > Memphis, Tennessee
Leg 6: Tennessee > Cincinnati, Ohio
Leg 7: Ohio > Grand Rapids, Michigan
Leg 8: Michigan > Chicago, Illinois
Leg 9: Illinois > Minneapolis, Minnesota
Leg 10: Minnesota > Keystone, South Dakota
Leg 11: South Dakota > Fargo, North Dakota
Leg 12: North Dakota > Boise, Idaho
Leg 13: Idaho > Salt Lake City, Utah
Leg 14: Utah > Albuquerque, New Mexico
Leg 15: New Mexico > Las Vegas, Nevada
Leg 16: Nevada > Aspen, Colorado

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
I think a domestic season would be great for the US!!
Here is my route:
Leg-1 (California)
Leg-2 (California → Nevada)
Leg-3 (Nevada)
Leg-4 (Nevada → Arizona)
Leg-5 (Arizona → Utah)
Leg-6 (Utah → Colorado)
Leg-7 (Colorado → South Dakota)
Leg-8 (South Dakota → Minnesota)
Leg-9 (Minnesota → Wisconsin)
Leg-10 (Wisconsin → Illinois)
Leg-11 (Illinois → Indiana)
Leg-12 (Indiana → Kentucky)
Leg-13 (Kentucky → Virginia)
Leg-14 (Virginia)
Leg-15 (Virginia → Georgia)
Leg-16 (Georgia → Florida)
More details:

Leg-1:   Los Angeles, CA
Lots of different approaches can be taken here, but i think a Hollywood and pop culture themed leg would fit great here!

Leg-2:   Los Angeles, CA → Lake Tahoe, CA/NV
Head north and do some challenges in the lake and mountains and have the pitstop in nevada. The scenery this leg would be WOW!

Leg-3:   Lake Tahoe, NV → Las Vegas, NV
Super high energy bustling night leg on the strip!

Leg-4:   Las Vegas, NV → Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Different tasks in the dessert and canyons, obviously some kind of rappelling or rock climbing!

Leg-5:   Grand Canyon National Park, AZ → Park City, UT
Salt Lake dont have much to offer IMO, so go to park city for snow themed challenges!

Leg-6:   Park City, UT → Colorado Springs, CO
Air Force Academy and rafting are musts and other mountain themed kind of tasks!

Leg-7:   Colorado Springs, CO → Rapid City/Keystone, SD
First part of the leg in Rapid City, back half at mount rushmore paying homage to presidents!!

Leg-8:   Rapid City/Keystone, SD → Minneapolis/Lake Minnetonka, MN
Most of the leg in Minneapolis, cool hockey task maybe? and then head to Lake Minnetonka for lake tasks (mail delivery: search it up)

Leg-9:   Minneapolis/Lake Minnetonka, MN → Green Bay, WI
Cheese, farms, and football!!

Leg-10: Green Bay, WI → Chicago, IL
Leg paying homage to the Windy City, game of street ball would be cool, and have teams travel by the sky trains!

Leg-11: Chicago, IL → Indianapolis, Indiana
Obviously Indy challenge, and other things to do with Indiana!

Leg-12: Indianapolis, Indiana → Louisville, Kentucky
Kentucky Derby and southern themed challenges, bbq would be cool or chicken!!

Leg-13: Louisville, Kentucky → Richmond, VA
DK a lot about the city, but could be a pretty good leg!

Leg-14: Richmond, VA → Virginia Beach, VA
Beach tasks obviously!

Leg-15: Virginia Beach, VA → Atlanta, GA
Penultimate leg with lots of energy paying homage to the art scene and other cultural parts of Georgia!

Leg-16: Atlanta, GA → Orlando, FL
DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and if not just find other theme parks or what not!

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I think a domestic season would be great for the US!!
Here is my route:
Leg-1 (California)
Leg-2 (California → Nevada)
Leg-3 (Nevada)
Leg-4 (Nevada → Arizona)
Leg-5 (Arizona → Utah)
Leg-6 (Utah → Colorado)
Leg-7 (Colorado → South Dakota)
Leg-8 (South Dakota → Minnesota)
Leg-9 (Minnesota → Wisconsin)
Leg-10 (Wisconsin → Illinois)
Leg-11 (Illinois → Indiana)
Leg-12 (Indiana → Kentucky)
Leg-13 (Kentucky → Virginia)
Leg-14 (Virginia)
Leg-15 (Virginia → Georgia)
Leg-16 (Georgia → Florida)
More details:

Leg-1:   Los Angeles, CA
Lots of different approaches can be taken here, but i think a Hollywood and pop culture themed leg would fit great here!

Leg-2:   Los Angeles, CA → Lake Tahoe, CA/NV
Head north and do some challenges in the lake and mountains and have the pitstop in nevada. The scenery this leg would be WOW!

Leg-3:   Lake Tahoe, NV → Las Vegas, NV
Super high energy bustling night leg on the strip!

Leg-4:   Las Vegas, NV → Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Different tasks in the dessert and canyons, obviously some kind of rappelling or rock climbing!

Leg-5:   Grand Canyon National Park, AZ → Park City, UT
Salt Lake dont have much to offer IMO, so go to park city for snow themed challenges!

Leg-6:   Park City, UT → Colorado Springs, CO
Air Force Academy and rafting are musts and other mountain themed kind of tasks!

Leg-7:   Colorado Springs, CO → Rapid City/Keystone, SD
First part of the leg in Rapid City, back half at mount rushmore paying homage to presidents!!

Leg-8:   Rapid City/Keystone, SD → Minneapolis/Lake Minnetonka, MN
Most of the leg in Minneapolis, cool hockey task maybe? and then head to Lake Minnetonka for lake tasks (mail delivery: search it up)

Leg-9:   Minneapolis/Lake Minnetonka, MN → Green Bay, WI
Cheese, farms, and football!!

Leg-10: Green Bay, WI → Chicago, IL
Leg paying homage to the Windy City, game of street ball would be cool, and have teams travel by the sky trains!

Leg-11: Chicago, IL → Indianapolis, Indiana
Obviously Indy challenge, and other things to do with Indiana!

Leg-12: Indianapolis, Indiana → Louisville, Kentucky
Kentucky Derby and southern themed challenges, bbq would be cool or chicken!!

Leg-14: Richmond, VA → Virginia Beach, VA
Beach tasks obviously!

Leg-15: Virginia Beach, VA → Atlanta, GA
Penultimate leg with lots of energy paying homage to the art scene and other cultural parts of Georgia!

Leg-16: Atlanta, GA → Orlando, FL
DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and if not just find other theme parks or what not!

This is great! I love it!  :2hearts:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
There's a lot of historic buildings there like former tobacco processing facilities from the late 30s, but most of those have been converted into apartments or since been left to deteriorate. I'd definitely vouch for the Research Triangle in North Carolina as a destination though.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
Yeah thats a route i made in 10 minutes LOL!! I actually might workout a good route like this and design the legs and stuff too!!

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
My Amazing Race All-Star Cast

Kym & Ali (S25)`
Mike & Rochelle (S26)^
Justin & Diana (S27)
Krista & Tiffany (S27)*
Densie & James Earl (S27)
Matt & Redmond (S29)
Kristi & Jen (S30)
Lucas & Brittany (S30)
Chris & Bret (S31)
Kaylynn & Haley (S32)~
Leo & Alana (S32)

`replacement would be Corinne & Eliza (S31)
^replacement would be Tara & Joey (S29)
*replacement would be Victoria & Michelle (S32)
~replacement would be Shelley & Nici (S25)

MM = 2
FM = 5
FF = 4

This was a difficult considering we have so great teams since the last "all-stars". I will probably have to drop one or two for S33 however, until then this is my cast!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 02:33:17 AM by LandonM170 »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see Canada on the American TAR! I think it would be amazing, a good change of pace.
Small towns/cities in Canada would be awesome to see.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
I think S34 would be All Winners! Since CBS would most likely go all out on this I thought I would create a 7 continent race!

Leg 1: Orlando, FL --> Nassau, Bahamas
This is a very short distance for the first leg however I think that a switchback to S15 The Leap of Faith waterside would be a great 1st leg challenge, since it is water and heights. Also, Bahamas would be a new country!

Leg 2: Bahamas --> Montevideo, Uruguay
It has been 27 seasons since they have been to Uruguay it is time for a revisit! Also, most of the S5 leg as in Punta del Este, so having a full leg in Montevideo would be great!

Leg 3: Uruguay --> Ushuaia, Argentina
It has been since S11 that they have gone to Ushuaia, and that was for only half a leg (which was not even in the city). It is time that Ushuaia gets a full leg!

Leg 4: Argentina --> Punta Arenas, Chile --> King George Island, Antarctica
In order to take a charter flight to Antarctica you have to go through Punta Arenas. Since you only get a limited time (a few hours) in Antarctica teams will only have one challenge in Chile and Antarctica each. During the Pit Stop teams will be transported back to Chile.

Leg 5: Chile --> Cape Town, South Africa
They haven't been to South Africa since S7! It needs such a revisit. Cape Town was last visited in S2, and was for only half a leg, so we need a full leg!

Leg 6: South Africa --> Luanda & Calandula, Angola
Angola is a country that I am surprised has never been visited. The first part of the leg would be in Luanda (I love a good city task), and then teams would sign up for charter buses (maybe planes) to a unknown location which is the Quedas de Kalandula. These waterfalls are beautiful, and a jungle theme task would be cool. The Pit Stop would be the iconic waterfalls! Also during the Leg 6 Pit Stop teams will be transported back to Luanda!

Leg 7: Angola --> Dublin, Ireland
Ireland needs a revisit, and Dublin needs a visit. I would love a Irish themed leg in Dublin! Dublin is somewhere I have always wanted to go!

Leg 8: Ireland --> Budapest, Hungary
Even though there are so many countries in Eastern Europe that need to be visited, and would make a great visit I need another Budapest leg. I need so badly a Spicy Soup switchback! I want to see the winners crapping their pants, at the thought of having to eat a huge bowl of this soup!

Leg 9: Hungary --> Jakarta, Indonesia
Even though Indonesia is a country that has been visited a good amount I would like a Jakarta leg since they have never visited the city, and a good chaotic city leg would be great! I mean a city that has 10 million people in Asia is going to make a good leg!

Leg 10: Indonesia --> Melbourne, Australia
Now we have reached 7 continents! Also, a much needed revisited to Australia, and a visit for the first time to Melbourne! Melbourne is a city the race needs to go to so badly! I think this would be a great leg if they do it right!

Leg 11: Hobert, Australia
This leg was originally going to be Fiji however I thought that we had a Bahamas leg, so we didn't need another island beach leg. I also did think about Queenstown, NZ, and the Nelson bungee jump being a great penultimate leg task however I thought that Tasmania needed a visit more. I hope they do some hard challenges during this leg to see if 3 out of the 4 teams can deserve a spot in the final leg!

Leg 12: Australia --> Seattle, Washington
I thought that a Seattle visit is overdue, and that it would be beautiful in March (since the race would start in February)! I would love to see some sort of memory Roadblock like S12 were it would be very difficult, and take teams maybe hours to solve! Also, not LA or NY so I would be very happy! Also, was thinking maybe the first challenge could be in Vancouver, and teams would fly from Australia to Vancouver then drive 2.5 hours down to Seattle; that is just something to think about!

I think this could be possible however if it happens the chance is probably 40%. I mean this season is supposed to be the best one, they would need to do it right with everything including promotion!

The distance according to Google Maps Measured Distance Feature rounded to the nearest thousand would be: 38,000 mi (62,000 km)! This would be one of the longest routes of the show! S5's is actually around 45,000 mi according to Google Maps. I really don't know how they got 72,000 mi. Also, they are a lot more accurate now with S32 actually being around 31,000 mi instead of 33,000 mi.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 02:23:52 AM by LandonM170 »

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
My TAR 34 wish list (I think it might be an All-stars season):

Leg 1 (United States ➡ Peru)
Leg 2 (Peru ➡ Argentina)
Leg 3 (Argentina ➡ Kenya)
Leg 4 (Kenya)
Leg 5 (Kenya ➡ Italy ➡ San Marino)
Leg 6 (San Marino ➡ Slovakia)
Leg 7 (Slovakia ➡ Nepal)
Leg 8 (Nepal ➡ Australia)
Leg 9 (Australia)
Leg 10 (Australia ➡ Taiwan)
Leg 11 (Taiwan ➡ Canada)
Leg 12 (Canada ➡ United States)

Leg 1: Dallas-Fort Worth, USA ➡ Lima, Peru
Leg 2: Lima ➡ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 3: Buenos Aires ➡ Nairobi, Kenya
Leg 4: Nairobi ➡ Tsavo National Park, Kenya
Leg 5: Tsavo National Park ➡ Bologna, Italy ➡ Serravalle, San Marino
Leg 6: Serravalle ➡ Bratislava, Slovakia
Leg 7: Bratislava ➡ Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 8: Kathmandu ➡ Melbourne, Australia
Leg 9: Melbourne ➡ Brisbane, Australia
Leg 10: Brisbane ➡ Taipei, Taiwan
Leg 11: Taipei ➡ Vancouver, Canada ➡ Victoria, Canada
Leg 12: Victoria ➡ Boston, USA

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I was watching this season of The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network and got inspired to roughly make a predominantly Alaskan route.

Show content

STARTING LINE: Mendenhall Glacier in Mendenhall Valley - steer airboats to Juneau mainland to get to the airport
Leg 1 (Juneau -> Haines -> Skagway & Yukon, Canada) | charter flights to Haines, fast ferry to Skagway, cruise ship maintenance/provisioning Detour, bus to Carcross for a desert Roadblock, return bus to Skagway to Pit Stop
Leg 2 (Skagway -> Juneau) | seaplane back to Juneau, touristy leg with smoked salmon packaging, Alaskan Brewing Company, jewelry crafting, and hiking trail mapping
Leg 3 (Juneau -> Ketchikan Gateway) | flight to Ketchikan, Ketchi Candies Roadblock, Creek Street, and totem pole carving and transport Detour
Leg 4 (Ketchikan Gateway -> Anchorage) | flight to Anchorage, cannabis store visit, Eklutna Spirit Houses construction Roadblock
Leg 5 (Anchorage -> Kenai Peninsula) | drive to Girdwood, Alyeska Ski Resort Detour, packrafting Roadblock, and Clam Gulch State Rec Area
Leg 6 (Kenai Peninsula -> Chugach) | boat to Valdez, emphasis on local businesses, and Chugach National Forest
Leg 7 (Chugach -> Aleutians West) | flight to Unalaska connecting through Anchorage Int'l Airport, crabbing in choppy waters simulation
Leg 8 (Aleutians West -> Nome) | flight to Nome, Travelocity "Gnome" task opportunity, Ski Doo travel, Nome Gold Rush Detour,
Leg 9 (Nome -> Yukon-Koyukuk) | flight to Arctic Village, Gwich'in language transcription task
Leg 10 (Yukon-Koyukuk -> Fairbanks North Star) | flight to Fairbanks, Big Dipper Ice Arena, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, Ice Art Park ice sculpture Roadblock, North Pole Detour with Antler Academy and Santa Claus House
Leg 11 (Fairbanks North Star -> North Slope) | flight to Utqiagvik, Whale Bone Arch and boat frame construction task, Arctic Coast Trading Post at-home deliveries, Barrow High School football field, diving into Arctic Ocean momentarily, Alaskan final memory task
FINISH LINE: Point Barrow "the Northernmost Point of America"
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
This might be a controversial wish but a host who isn't hosting/producing a different show that could conflict with scheduling for future TAR seasons (if we have them again)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This might be a controversial wish but a host who isn't hosting/producing a different show that could conflict with scheduling for future TAR seasons (if we have them again)
I'd accept Mirna as the host. :funny:

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
Possible TAR33 Route
Leg 1: New York, NY, United States --> London, United Kingdom
Leg 2: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Leg 3: United Kingdom --> Rural Arctic Circle, Sweden
Leg 4: Sweden --> Graz, Austria
Leg 5: Austria --> Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 6: Johannesburg, South Africa
Leg 7: South Africa --> Singapore
Leg 8: Singapore --> Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Leg 9: Taiwan --> Busan, South Korea
Leg 10: South Korea --> Melbourne, Australia
Leg 11: Hobert, Australia
Leg 12: Australia --> Seattle, WA, United States
Continents: 5
Countries: 9
Distance Traveled: 35,000 mi (57,000 km)

I think this would be possible for a Winter/Spring (February - March) 2022 filming.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
My new TAR 34 wishlist:

Starting Line: Golden Gate Park

Leg 1 (United States -> Australia)
San Francisco, USA 🇺🇸 -> Melbourne, Australia 🇦🇺

Leg 2 (Australia)
Melbourne -> Great Ocean Road, Australia 🇦🇺 -> Warrnambool, Australia 🇦🇺

Leg 3 (Australia -> South Korea)
Warrnambool -> Busan, South Korea 🇰🇷

Leg 4 (South Korea -> Nepal)
Busan -> Kathmandu, Nepal 🇳🇵

Leg 5 (Nepal -> Kuwait)
Kathmandu -> Kuwait City, Kuwait 🇰🇼

Leg 6 (Kuwait -> Rwanda)
Kuwait City -> Kigali, Rwanda 🇷🇼

Leg 7 (Rwanda -> Kenya)
Kigali -> Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪

Leg 8 (Kenya -> Bulgaria)
Nairobi -> Sofia, Bulgaria 🇧🇬

Leg 9 (Bulgaria -> Latvia)
Sofia -> Riga, Latvia 🇱🇻

Leg 10 (Latvia -> Spain)
Riga -> Madrid, Spain 🇪🇸

Leg 11 (Spain -> Uruguay)
Madrid -> Montevideo, Uruguay 🇺🇾

Leg 12 (Uruguay -> United States)
Montevideo -> Boston, USA

Finish Line: Fort Independence

This travels to 6 continents, 11 countries, and about 40,000 miles.

This would be the first visit to Nepal, Rwanda, Bulgaria, and Latvia, it would also be the first official visit to Kenya. This would also be the first visit to the cities of Melbourne, Warrnambool, Busan, Madrid, and Boston.

Offline Uesugi

• RFF Not So Newbie
Twist Idea: The Red Light Card.

It is either awarded to the team that gets first in the first leg instead of an express pass or like the express pass in the American TAR Season 25, an optional side task that the first team to complete will earn. The  team that earns that card can use it at any detour where there is not a u-turn ahead. (maybe it says specifically on the teams route info at a start of the leg if they can use it or not). When the team arrives at the marked box or they are handed with the clue that has the detour options, they can play/write on the red light card: the team of their choosing and the detour option. That team is now not allowed to do that detour option and can only do the other.

Example in use
Team A completes a bonus task in Leg 1 and get the Redlight card
During Leg 4, they reach the clue box and when they look at their clue, it is a detour option. One task is more strength and the other is more mental.
Team A writes down Team B's names on the red light card AND the detour option they think that Team B would excel at, the mental option.
When Team B arrives at the clue box, they discover that they can only do the strength option of the detour options
PS I: If Team B has already passed the box, they can not be impacted by the red light card, even if they switch detours
PS II: If a person hands the detour clue, they will also hand the red light card.
PS III: A red light card can not be assigned once the team with the card arrives at their own detour choice as to make things fair for the game.

What do you peeps think? Is there potential? Could it be a better Yield system?