Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1553152 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I guess they could go to Glasgow for like a Detour or Roadblock or something and then go back to Edinburgh for the Pit Stop.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Here are my thoughts for TAR30

1 leg in Canada. Time to revisit and to have a Pit Stop.

Then, off to Europe. No UK, France or Germany. Just Ireland (2 legs), Czech Republic, Belgium and Portugal. 6 legs down.

No Africa. When it gets a visit in TAR31, no Morocco please. Instead go to South Africa for 2 legs and then Angola (new country) for 1 leg.

Off to Asia. They will not be visiting India, China or Japan. Instead, they will be going to Sri Lanka and Cambodia (2 legs)

Down to Oceania down for 2 legs. Easy, 2 legs in Australia.

For the 12th leg, stop in Guadalajara (Mexico), do a few tasks and then have your finish line in Dallas, Texas.

South America doesn't get a visit this time, but for TAR31, no visiting Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Instead, go to Peru, Uruguay and Bolivia.

Hope u enjoyed

I would definitely love it. TAR 28 did not visit Africa and Oceania, a westward route looks good for TAR 30 that will include Africa. But South Africa hasn't visited in ages since pre-Family Edition era.

See my TAR30 proposal route post on page 137: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.msg1176456.html#msg1176456

With the proposed 12 legs within a dozen of countries. As I posted in page 137, the propose route will have Melbourne (Australia) for 2 legs. The replacement countries for the route will be Kyoto/Nara (Japan), Penang (Malaysia), Siem Reap (Cambodia), Timișoara (Romania) and San Juan (Puerto Rico), within one leg each.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:20:41 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I just want a decent leg in Tokyo, is that too much to ask? :(

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Yeah, I feel they haven't yet captured Tokyo, if that makes sense  :funny:. It just seems that they focus on modern Japan, never traditional Japan (apart from S18 E3)

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie
but...Kitakyushu、Fukuoka、Naha、Kyoto、Nara、Kobe They even not have a visit...
Iceland!!!!    soooo beautiful country! why not come again!  And Nepal! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'd love to see The AMAZING Race: Kids Edition!

It doesn't have to go around the world. It could stay in America, or even in just one city!

What age

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Iceland!!!!    soooo beautiful country! why not come again!  And Nepal! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
If TAR hasn't had a decent leg in Tokyo* after 4 tries, what hope is there for Kobe or any provincial capital? :(

*the same applies to Paris, ngl

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
If TAR hasn't had a decent leg in Tokyo* after 4 tries, what hope is there for Kobe or any provincial capital? :(

*the same applies to Paris, ngl

+ Hong Kong & Buenos Aires! I'd say they've done London,quite well.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster

Oh, I most certainly agree with u. It's failed EVERY time! I think S15 L1 was the best...

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Oh, I most certainly agree with u. It's failed EVERY time! I think S15 L1 was the best...

Tbh I think they were all bad, I mean S23, Going into a fish tank to remember a phrase, really! But I do like the Game Shows  :funny:, I know it wasn't in the city but S18 probably wins even though it was in Tokyo's vicinity.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I always consider S18 to take place in Yokohama, a city in its own right. I think the only major urban centers that have had good legs are Bangkok and Amsterdam and maybe Sydney too?

Innyway, a fantasy TAR 30 to address these and other ~issues~

Show content
START - Los Angeles, CA - duh
LEG 1 -  to Chengdu, China - LUZERNLIO basically explained why such a leg would be great so I see no need to go further lol.
LEG 2 - to Luang Prabang, Laos - it literally comes up every other page here
LEG 3 - to Vang Vieng, Laos - adventure-type leg; if they can find a leg close enough to the karst cliffs it doubles as an Emmy nominee in the same vein as the leg in Ha Long Bay in TAR 10
LEG 4 - to Jaislamer, India - it occurs to me that my issue isn't that India is visited all the time, it's that we go to the same five cities again and again. Jaislamer, while relatively close to Jaipur, Jodhpur, and even Delhi, has enough (desert) and culture to make for a full leg.
LEG 5 - to Baku, Azerbaijan - so I rewatched TAR 20 after a bunch of people called it 'unmemorable' and as it turns out the Baku leg was really, REALLY bad. Since it seems TAR only 'fixes' one leg each season I suppose this is the one lol.
LEG 6 - Lankaran, Azerbaijan - recurring themes that this show tends to go to: a) intruding on people's weddings, b) intruding on people working at tea plantations, c) forcing teams to be shirtless for part of the leg. As it turns out Lankaran features ALL THREE and more!
LEG 7 - to Cape Town, South Africa - there you go, BourkieBoy :) admittedly this wouldn't be a "traditional" African leg because we've had very few urban African legs presented matter of factly so here it is ^_^. That said it's a plane ride to
LEG 8 - Moteng Valley, Lesotho - which *is* your 'traditional' African leg (plus hat dancing).
LEG 9 - to Andalucia, Spain - In 30 seasons how has there NOT been a route marker / task / Pit Stop (probably Pit Stop in this instance) in the Alhambra???
LEG 10 - to Gibraltar, UK - In 30 seasons how has there NOT been a route marker / task / Pit Stop (likely all three in this instance) in Gibraltar??? There's probably definitely a task involving sorting out the various currencies of the commonwealth and maybe a macquarie as well?
LEG 11 - to Tangier, Morocco - 3 countries in the same general geographic area is possibly overkill but the scope of each of the legs would differ, from the Spanish culture of Malaga to the emphasis on travel to get to Gibraltar to the chaos of Tangier <3
LEG 12 - to Washington, DC - right so this is possibly super self-serving but the TAR 22 leg suuuucked (acknowledging the Nationals fandom was really the most interesting thing they did); give me an eating challenge at Ben's Chili Bowl! Give me a DECENT nod to American history! Force teams on our unfortunate public transportation system  :sab! Give me some sort of variation of that one RB from TARCAN 4 in the National Arboretum (those who watched will know which one I'm referencing)! Plus, given how flights shake out this will either take place fully in darkness (in winter) or else have enough tasks that it ends in darkness (in summer) so this would be a great finish line.

5 continents, 9 countries, and roughly 28,000 miles is on par with TAR 25 and 28 (and you could probably have leg 11 in another place; Scandinavia or Central America is probably enough to get to 30,000) with the benefit of being able to film at any point in the year.

tl;dr

LEG 1 - Los Angeles, CA to Chengdu, China
LEG 2 - to Luang Prabang, Laos
LEG 3 - to Vang Vieng, Laos
LEG 4 - to Jaislamer, India
LEG 5 - to Baku, Azerbaijan
LEG 6 - to Lankaran, Azerbaijan
LEG 7 - to Cape Town, South Africa
LEG 8 - to Moteng Valley, Lesotho
LEG 9 - to Andalucia Region, Spain
LEG 10 - to Gibraltar, UK
LEG 11 - to Tangier, Morocco
LEG 12 - to Washington, DC

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
YES ZACH!

2 legs in Laos, a visit to South Africa and Gibraltar Is just amazing! Love to see this in tar30

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'd love to see The AMAZING Race: Kids Edition!

It doesn't have to go around the world. It could stay in America, or even in just one city!

What age

13-17

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie
I always consider S18 to take place in Yokohama, a city in its own right. I think the only major urban centers that have had good legs are Bangkok and Amsterdam and maybe Sydney too?

Show content
LEG 1 -  to Chengdu, China - LUZERNLIO basically explained why such a leg would be great so I see no need to go further lol.
LEG 3 - to Vang Vieng, Laos - adventure-type leg; if they can find a leg close enough to the karst cliffs it doubles as an Emmy nominee in the same vein as the leg in Ha Long Bay in TAR 10
LEG 4 - to Jaislamer, India - it occurs to me that my issue isn't that India is visited all the time, it's that we go to the same five cities again and again. Jaislamer, while relatively close to Jaipur, Jodhpur, and even Delhi, has enough (desert) and culture to make for a full leg.
LEG 5 - to Baku, Azerbaijan - so I rewatched TAR 20 after a bunch of people called it 'unmemorable' and as it turns out the Baku leg was really, REALLY bad. Since it seems TAR only 'fixes' one leg each season I suppose this is the one lol.
LEG 6 - Lankaran, Azerbaijan - recurring themes that this show tends to go to: a) intruding on people's weddings, b) intruding on people working at tea plantations, c) forcing teams to be shirtless for part of the leg. As it turns out Lankaran features ALL THREE and more!
LEG 7 - to Cape Town, South Africa - there you go, BourkieBoy :) admittedly this wouldn't be a "traditional" African leg because we've had very few urban African legs presented matter of factly so here it is ^_^. That said it's a plane ride to
LEG 8 - Moteng Valley, Lesotho - which *is* your 'traditional' African leg (plus hat dancing).
LEG 9 - to Andalucia, Spain - In 30 seasons how has there NOT been a route marker / task / Pit Stop (probably Pit Stop in this instance) in the Alhambra???
LEG 10 - to Gibraltar, UK - In 30 seasons how has there NOT been a route marker / task / Pit Stop (likely all three in this instance) in Gibraltar??? There's probably definitely a task involving sorting out the various currencies of the commonwealth and maybe a macquarie as well?
LEG 11 - to Tangier, Morocco - 3 countries in the same general geographic area is possibly overkill but the scope of each of the legs would differ, from the Spanish culture of Malaga to the emphasis on travel to get to Gibraltar to the chaos of Tangier <3
LEG 12 - to Washington, DC - right so this is possibly super self-serving but the TAR 22 leg suuuucked (acknowledging the Nationals fandom was really the most interesting thing they did); give me an eating challenge at Ben's Chili Bowl! Give me a DECENT nod to American history! Force teams on our unfortunate public transportation system  :sab! Give me some sort of variation of that one RB from TARCAN 4 in the National Arboretum (those who watched will know which one I'm referencing)! Plus, given how flights shake out this will either take place fully in darkness (in winter) or else have enough tasks that it ends in darkness (in summer) so this would be a great finish line.

5 continents, 9 countries, and roughly 28,000 miles is on par with TAR 25 and 28 (and you could probably have leg 11 in another place; Scandinavia or Central America is probably enough to get to 30,000) with the benefit of being able to film at any point in the year.

tl;dr

it's very easy fly to Southeast Asia from Chengdu Or Chongqiong. Also XI'AN is not far from Chengdu.  High-speed rail will be finished at 2017. only 3 h from CD to XA.  But why not TAR to visit some Chinese villages. It‘s still safe and beautiful.  :cheer:  I’d like the route which back Afriaca again (like season 10)

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie

Show content

tl;dr

it's very easy fly to Southeast Asia from Chengdu Or Chongqiong. Also XI'AN is not far from Chengdu.  High-speed rail will be finished at 2017. only 3 h from CD to XA.  But why not TAR to visit some Chinese villages. It‘s still safe and beautiful.  :cheer:  I’d like the route which back Afriaca again (like season 10)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

Yeah, I feel they haven't yet captured Tokyo, if that makes sense  :funny:. It just seems that they focus on modern Japan, never traditional Japan (apart from S18 E3)

Even though the race has visited Tokyo four times, let's explore Kyoto or Nara for TAR 30. The nearest major airports in either Japanese cities are at Kansai Airport in Greater Osaka.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:45:41 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I’d like the route which back Afriaca again (like season 10)
Yesss, I loved that <3

Btw, S15 Tokyo leg was GLAM in my opinion. I may be biased, as that was the first season of TAR I watched in full, but that roadblock was very entertaining! And the ARI was both fun and difficult. For a starting leg, which usually doesn't have a detour, it was really good. :P

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
JUST DON'T VISIT JAPAN AT ALL IN MY OPINON!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

Unless Okinawa. I wanna see Okinawa.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Japan has just been ruined by Tokyo legs. The best leg OUT OF TOYKO, was Season 20 Leg 11, when they visited Hiroshima and Osaka!

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie
Japan has just been ruined by Tokyo legs. The best leg OUT OF TOYKO, was Season 20 Leg 11, when they visited Hiroshima and Osaka!
Also Hokkaido!!!!  Jpn soooo beautiful . more natural and tranditional places! :cheer:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Unless Okinawa. I wanna see Okinawa.

I wouldn't be upset at Sapporo visited in winter.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
IF, they go to Japan, if either wanna see Fukuoka or Sapporo visited

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Leg 01: Los Angeles, California to Tacna, Peru
Leg 02: Tacna, Peru to  El Alto, Bolivia
Leg 03: El Alto, Bolivia to La Paz, Bolivia 
Leg 04: La Paz, Bolivia to Ushuaia, Argentina
Leg 05: Ushuaia, Argentina to Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 06: Buenos Aires, Argentina to Tozeur, Tunisia
Leg 07: Tozeur, Tunisia to Tunis, Tunisia
Leg 08: Tunis, Tunisia to Esztergom, Hungary
Leg 09: Esztergom, Hungary to Budapest, Hungary
Leg 10: Budapest, Hungary to Semarang,  Indonesia
Leg 11: Semarang,  Indonesia to Kingston, Norfolk Island
Leg 12: Kingston, Norfolk Island to Apia, Samoa
Leg 13: Apia, Samoa to Koloa, Hawaii

how many miles and km is this

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie

Leg 01: Los Angeles, California to Tacna, Peru
Leg 02: Tacna, Peru to  El Alto, Bolivia
Leg 03: El Alto, Bolivia to La Paz, Bolivia 
Leg 04: La Paz, Bolivia to Ushuaia, Argentina
Leg 05: Ushuaia, Argentina to Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 06: Buenos Aires, Argentina to Tozeur, Tunisia
Leg 07: Tozeur, Tunisia to Tunis, Tunisia
Leg 08: Tunis, Tunisia to Esztergom, Hungary
Leg 09: Esztergom, Hungary to Budapest, Hungary
Leg 10: Budapest, Hungary to Semarang,  Indonesia
Leg 11: Semarang,  Indonesia to Kingston, Norfolk Island
Leg 12: Kingston, Norfolk Island to Apia, Samoa
Leg 13: Apia, Samoa to Koloa, Hawaii

how many miles and km is this
S 23 27 28 28 they go to SA first. maybe it's to go to Oceania or Europe at first leg.