Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1552566 times)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Fall Season Wishlist - Filmed between May-July of the year

Countries visited: Australia, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Finland, Iceland, Madagascar, New Zealand, South Africa, South Korea, USA

Locale was pretty much the same except how the route was gone. :P

1) Eastward Route
Starting City: Los Angeles, USA
Leg 1: Reykjavik, Iceland
Leg 2: Helsinki, Finland
Leg 3: Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 4: Antananarivo, Madagascar
Leg 5: Seoul, South Korea
Leg 6: Melbourne, Australia
Leg 7: Uluru/Alice Springs, Australia
Leg 8: Dunedin (or any city in South Island), New Zealand (South hemisphere snow leg please.)
Leg 9: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leg 10: Manaus, Brazil
Leg 11: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Leg 12: Washington D.C, USA

http://i.imgur.com/u9VEeHX.png

2) Westward Route
Starting City: Los Angeles, USA
Leg 1: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Leg 2: Manaus, Brazil

Leg 3: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leg 4: Dunedin (or any city in South Island), New Zealand
Leg 5: Melbourne, Australia
Leg 6: Uluru/Alice Springs, Australia
Leg 7: Seoul, South Korea
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 9: Antananarivo, Madagascar
Leg 10: Helsinki, Finland
Leg 11: Reykjavik, Iceland
Leg 12: Seattle, USA

http://i.imgur.com/YZzOquA.png
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:17:01 PM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
I really like both of them, but there might be controversy for some people for two reasons.
1. Not enough European nations
2. It goes to the Dominican Republic (Not a bad country per say, but also not the safest.)
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
I really like both of them, but there might be controversy for some people for two reasons.
1. Not enough European nations
2. It goes to the Dominican Republic (Not a bad country per say, but also not the safest.)

Yeah. This was rather a trainwreck route that might not happen anyways on US TAR.
1. Yeah. That's pretty controversial for someone. But I think 3 legs of Australia/NZ legs are somewhat counter balance the Europe-less route just like how TAR2 did 4 Australia/NZ legs to compensate the no Europe visit.
2. Dominican Republic might not be the safest, but who knows it might get visited someday on TARUS season.

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
If WRP has had 3 legs/parts of legs in Zimbabwe, they can go to the Dominican Republic. TARLA has already been there twice for three legs. Santo Domingo and Punta Cana should be visited.  :hoot:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

Show content
Plus dangerous countries like Mexico and Colombia was visited for TAR US upcoming season. So anything can happen except visiting North Korea and some Middle East countries. :lol:

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
I think I've come up with the perfect plan.
Leg one: Seattle, Washington to Osaka, Japan (Starting point an island so that contestant row to mainland to drive to airport.)
Leg 2: Osaka, Japan to Manila, Philippines (NEL)
Leg 3: Manila, Philippines, to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (With throwback Roadblock)
Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, to Antananarivo, Madagascar
Leg 5: Antananarvio, Madagascar, to Nairobi, Kenya (NEL)
Leg 6: Nairobi, Kenya
Leg 7: Nairobi, Kenya, to Athens, Greece
Leg 8: Athens, Greece, to Sofia, Bulgaria (Final NEL)
Leg 9: Sofia, Bulgaria, to Budapest, Hungary, to Vienna, Austria
Leg 10: Vienna, Austria, to Lisbon, Portugal
Leg 11: Lisbon, Portugal to Bridgetown, Barbados
Leg 12: Bridgetown, Barbados, to either New Orleans, Louisiana, or Miami, Florida
Sorry no South America :'(
School of Griffin 4 Life

Wadsy591

After observing the first 27 seasons by it's destinations and itinerary, this is how I would like TAR29 to appear as:

Leg 1:  Portland, USA  -->  Auckland, New Zealand
Leg 2:  Auckland, New Zealand -->  Taupo, New Zealand
Leg 3:  Taupo, New Zealand  -->  Melbourne, Australia                        (NEL)
Leg 4:  Melbourne, Australia  -->  Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei                      [Double U-Turn]
Leg 5:  Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei  -->  Thimphu, Bhutan                           <Fast Forward>
Leg 6:  Thimphu, Bhutan  -->  Shimla, India                                        (NEL)
Leg 7:  Shimla, India  -->  Luanda, Angola
Leg 8:  Luanda, Angola  -->  Parque Nacional da Cameia, Angola                    [Double U-Turn]
Leg 9:  Luanda, Angola  -->  Kotor, Montenegro                                  (NEL)  <Fast Forward>
Leg 10: Podgorica, Montenegro  -->  Bled, Slovenia                                        [Double U-Turn
Leg 11: Ljubljana, Slovenia  -->  High Tatras Alps, Slovakia                 
Leg 12: Bratislava, Slovakia  -->  Vancouver, Canada -->  San Francisco, USA

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
Here are my roadblocks/detours/speed bumps/ and fast forwards
Leg 1: Roadblock 1 - Slice 10 Bamboo Sticks with a samurai sword and hit 5 targets with a bow and arrow. Roadblock 2 - Swim and feed two of 5 options of animals at the aquarium. Shark/whale shark/turtle/seal/ and Dolphin. Limit of feedings for turtle, seal, and dolphin.
Leg 2: Detour - Eat it up (Both team members must eat a dish of kamaro, balut, isaw manok, and longaniza) or Cook it Up (Prepare two dishes of adobo, bulalo, sinigang, and halo-halo.) Roadblock - Successfully perform a song on a kalintang with no errors.
Leg 3: Roadblock - Season 15 Throwback, Herd 150 ducks out of a pen, across a bridge, and back in 10 minutes only using two flags. Speed Bump - Both team members must do the roadblock. Detour - Bowl (Make 10 coconut style bowls, one of which must have a dragon painted onto it) or Race (Both team members must canoe through an obstacle course under a combined time of 4 minutes.)
Will try to post the next three as soon as possible.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
^^ The Double-Roadblock Speedbump is a terrible concept imo
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I miss seeing 2 to 3 fast forwards per season. :( I wanna see more fast forwards! :hoot:

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
I wanna see a NEL at Leg 2. Can't remember the very last time we saw this happen...
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wanna see a NEL at Leg 2. Can't remember the very last time we saw this happen...

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
Instead of being  )-** , I decided to change the speedbump in Leg 3. Now team mates must properly feed their ducks after completing the roadblock.  On to the next leg then.
Leg 4: Fast Forward - Both team members will scuba dive and search for 7 rocks on the ocean floor, all of them having the TAR flag symbol on them. After they find all 7, they must decipher the word, Tilapia, to receive the pit stop clue. (Note a book with a list of fish native to Madagascar will be given to them before they dive into the ocean) Roadblock - One team member must gather and deliver a wheelbarrows worth of raffia (A judge will decide when they have enough leaves.) Detour- Brain (Win a match of the traditional game, Fanorona, against a professional) or Brawn (Help a village set up mosquito nets correctly on 4 huts and then properly light a fire without flint/lighter.)
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
It has never happened. ;)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

It has happened in Ukraine 1, Vietnam 1 and Vietnam 4.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Wadsy591

1.   San Diego, USA  -->  Taupo, New Zealand                                                               <Fast Forward>
2.   Wellington, New Zealand  -->  Melbourne, Australia
3.   Melbourne, Australia  -->  Uluru & Alice Springs, Australia                [NEL]
4.   Alice Springs, Australia -->  Kinabalu National Park, Malaysia                         (U-Turn)
5.   Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia  -->   Kathmandu, Nepal                                                    <Fast Forward>
6.   Kathmandu, Nepal  -->  Brazzaville, Republic of The Congo              [NEL]
7.   Brazzaville, Republic Of The Congo  -->   Odzala National Park, Congo          (U-Turn)
8.   Brazzaville, Angola --> Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina  -->  Dubrovnik, Croatia       {Switchback} S12
9.   Dubrovnik, Croatia -->  Bled, Slovenia                                                                        <Fast Forward>
10.   Ljubljana, Slovenia  -->  Valencia, Spain                                            [NEL]    (U-Turn)
11.   Valencia, Spain -->    Banff National Park, Canada                               
12.   Calgary, Canada -->  Vancouver, Canada --> San Francisco, USA [FINISH]   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:49:53 PM by Wadsy591 »

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
Season 30-32 Unfinished Business
Leg 1: Orlando, Florida to La Paz, Bolivia. (Starting line at The Beacham, with first of two roadblocks. NEL)
Leg 2: La Paz, Bolivia to Luanda, Angola.
Leg 3: Luanda, Angola to Tunis, Tunisia. (Fast Forward)
Leg 4: Tunis, Tunisia to Madrid, Spain (DEL, Double U-turn)
Leg 5: Madrid, Spain to Barcelona, Spain
Leg 6: Barcelona, Spain to Sofia, Bulgaria (NEL but there is a U-turn)
Leg 7: Sofia, Bulgaria to Dhaka, Bangladesh (Fast Forward, Switchback)
Leg 8: Dhaka, Bangladesh to Kuta, Indonesia
Leg 9: Kuta, Indonesia to Perth, Australia (Last NEL)
Leg 10: Perth, Australia to Hobart, Tasmania
Leg 11: Hobart, Tasmania to Christchurch, New Zealand
Leg 12: Christchurch, New Zealand to Seattle, Washington (Finish line is outside of the Seattle Aquarium)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:27:26 AM by Erebus1111 »
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

It has happened in Ukraine 1, Vietnam 1 and Vietnam 4.

Never in the US though. :yess: I never watched any of the seasons that were just mentioned though. :o

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Season 30-32 Unfinished Business
Leg 1: Orlando, Florida to La Paz, Bolivia. (Starting line at The Beacham, with first of two roadblocks. NEL)
Leg 2: La Paz, Bolivia to Luanda, Angola.
Leg 3: Luanda, Angola to Tunis, Tunisia. (Fast Forward)
Leg 4: Tunis, Tunisia to Madrid, Spain (DEL, Double U-turn)
Leg 5: Madrid, Spain to Barcelona, Spain
Leg 6: Barcelona, Spain to Sophia, Bulgaria (NEL but there is a U-turn)
Leg 7: Sophia, Bulgaria to Dhaka, Bangladesh (Fast Forward, Switchback)
Leg 8: Dhaka, Bangladesh to Kuta, Indonesia
Leg 9: Kuta, Indonesia to Perth, Australia (Last NEL)
Leg 10: Perth, Australia to Hobart, Tasmania
Leg 11: Hobart, Tasmania to Christchurch, New Zealand
Leg 12: Christchurch, New Zealand to Seattle, Washington (Finish line is outside of the Seattle Aquarium)

Just to let you know for the future it's Sofia, Bulgaria not Sophia.  :)

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
I always wondered if they could ever do another family edition of TAR, but have it still be two people per team. (One example is father with is son. a.k.a David and Connor) Let me get some of the arguments out of the way.

The kids would be too young - have kids been from ages 14-17

It's bad to watch a parent argue with their child and vice versa - Yes, but that happens everywhere, so why be upset that it's being shown here?

Kids should not go through the stress of TAR - That's why they have the physical and mental exams before picking participants. Besides, I though personally the kids did fine in season 8.

Kids couldn't handle going to new countries - Again, I point back to season 8 when they went to Panama and Costa Rica.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I'd rather they did some conventional normal seasons without any gimmicks or special themes for the sake of everyone; both RFF-league fans and casuals.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
It would be interesting if they make a returning season but with swapped teams (but not known by teams that they will have to swap and can't cancel):

So,

Justin & Hayley.
Brooke & Diana
Tiffany & Alli
Krista & Kym
Robbie & Blair
Logan & Jim
Chris & Misti

Any better team combinations? I couldn't think about others so yeah.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
2 unique, memorable final RB ideas for the final leg:

ROADBLOCKS:
Firefighting training: "Who responds faster to the sound of alarm?" - One team member has to don extrication gear and ride their assigned fire truck to a burning, 3-story fire training warehouse (three buildings spread out around the city area). Once there, they had to put on oxygen tanks & safety gear and climb the truck ladder up to the third floor. Gradually clearing the burning flames and embers, team members must cautiously walk through the smoldering warehouse down to ground level where they have to rescue a mannequin dressed as a firefighter. Smashing through the wooden door with a sledgehammer or an axe, teams must drag the mannequin out to finish the task. Team members must complete this task in less than 15 min. to receive their next (final) clue or suffer a 10 sec. penalty for every second passed the 15 min. mark. :hearts:
Not what I had expected, but that episode will do. :hoot: Thank you for possibly actually reading this, WRP!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
2 unique, memorable final RB ideas for the final leg:

ROADBLOCKS:
Firefighting training: "Who responds faster to the sound of alarm?" - One team member has to don extrication gear and ride their assigned fire truck to a burning, 3-story fire training warehouse (three buildings spread out around the city area). Once there, they had to put on oxygen tanks & safety gear and climb the truck ladder up to the third floor. Gradually clearing the burning flames and embers, team members must cautiously walk through the smoldering warehouse down to ground level where they have to rescue a mannequin dressed as a firefighter. Smashing through the wooden door with a sledgehammer or an axe, teams must drag the mannequin out to finish the task. Team members must complete this task in less than 15 min. to receive their next (final) clue or suffer a 10 sec. penalty for every second passed the 15 min. mark. :hearts:
Not what I had expected, but that episode will do. :hoot: Thank you for possibly actually reading this, WRP!

Awesome! :conf: I wasn't here yet that time. :)